San Andreas Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sort of. I moved here to Cali a few years ago with my ex. I came from the Gettysburg Area." she said before Levi jogged to the ATV. She was still winded, but not exactly tired, and didn't want to move yet. She sat down, criss-cross.
Brennan distanced himself and laid flat out on the sand. Half of the reason he did so was because he was tired, the other half was because he could and needed some thinking time. "How could Miles injure himself like that on the flat part of a beach? Either something odd or impossible happened, he was attacked, or he tripped over his own feet." Brennan contemplated under his breath. He continued to mumble to himself for a while.

Levi rides the ATV back to the group, gets off, and sits down across from Sasha. "I know the area. I was stationed there when I was in the Marines. My old pastor back home had a cabin in Caledonia State Park called Heaven. I want to go back, someday."

"Yeah, it is a nice place. But its pretty dead-end if you don't move away." she shrugged.
((sorry, back at school. no wifi at home. will respond when it comes back.))

"I feel your pain. I thought it was stifling too."

Only limping a few more yards, Miles took out his phone and pulled up an app, that opened up his garage. A metal door opened revealing a four car garage. He went for his big, black Hummer H1, the original. Plus it was the only one that would fit everyone. It had an extra row of seats in the very back.

Miles drove out of the garage slowly only to pull up in front of the group that was sitting a few yards away from his garage. He rolled down his window. "Well, get in before we get 'interrupted' again," he said.

((Sorry about the delay, been on a short tour. Will be home tomorrow))

Brennan sat up in the sand and said to Levi "THAT is actually a MAJOR understatement." he had sand all down his back and looked exhausted. He was about to go on a rant about his hometown, when Miles drove up in the hummer. He had always thought summers were cool looking, but overrated, for reasons he was too tired to explain. He didn't say what was on his mind, and decided to just get in the hummer silently.
Sasha nodded her head in agreement before the hummer came up. As it slowed to a stop and her younger brother hopped in, Sasha went to the open driver's window.
"Miles, are you sure you're able to drive? Your ankle is broken."
she asked, with a concerned look. But she knew she probably couldn't drive it correctly. She would be a last resort.
She intended to sit shotgun unless someone else did.

Levi turns to Miles and says,"If it's alright, I'll follow on my ATV. I tuned it so it can push a max of 120 mph. Where would we be going?"

Miles nodded. "You're right. It's probably not a good idea for me to drive while I'm in this state. You take over, I'll sit in the back. Your brother can sit next to you," he said as he hopped out landing on his non sprained ankle. He hopped toward the back car door, opening it, and hopping in. He thought of somewhere to go to get out of this living hell. "We should try to get out of California, right?" he asked

"Ah-alright." Sasha stuttered nervously. Maybe she was would have to figure out how to drive it after all. She hopped in and studied the controls hastily.
Brennan hopped in the door Miles had exited, closed the door and buckled up when he got in.
"Make sure to buckle up! As a warning,-" Brennan had started, half mockingly and half serious, but Sasha pinched his arm and he cut off to keep from howling in pain. The second half of that sentance would have said that Sasha had a terrible time with large vehicles.
"Alright..." she said, closing the car door and making sure the vehicle was ready to go. She worked easy with all types of vehicles, but it was the weight and momentum of the heavier cars that bothered her driving. She started to quickly drive off, back onto a paved road. She swerved a bit occasionally, fighting slightly for control, but it wasn't too bad. Brennan, the entire time, was gripping at his seat. Once she had gotten the hang of it, she calmed down.
"So, where should we go? East, North, or do you want to go swimming?" She said jokingly, now back on a main-ish road.

"I say let's try North," Levi says, following beside the hummer. "We might run into someone who needs help. We know what happened here, but we don't know if it's the same all up the coast."

"I'm up for hillbilly Bear Grylls" plan," he said with a snarky laugh added at the end of that last statement he made. "No seriously though, we should head for Sacramento."

Miles, didn't like the idea of helping other people, he didn't even know if he wanted to help these other people that decided to tag along.

Last edited:
Sasha laughed at Miles' remark, but Brennan picked up the sarcasm and crossed his arms. "Alright, Northbound we go!" Sasha said, some what happy to leave the destruction behind. As they continued down the road, she had to swerve on occasion due the occasional abandoned vehicle on the road. She didn't much want to stop and search for survivors, in case there actually wasn't any.
Brennan reached into his bag and took out a roll of gauze and wrap, then tossed it back to miles. "in case you need it." Was his answer to why. He also pondered the possibilities of a first aid kit on board. He'd ask later.

"Um, how did you get..." his voice trailed off as he decided not to ask. "What are you driving the speed limit for? Let's get a move on, please," he said in a worried tone.

A few moment later, once they got back into the city a rumbling in the ground began once more. "Shit! How many of these will we have to go through!?" Miles could already tell this one was going to be a trip. In the distance there could be large buildings seen crumbling down onto the ground, some falling like trees, and some dropping straight down taking out, neighborhoods and different parts of the city. A large piece of cement fell right in front of the car, blocking the road enough to where they couldn't get around it. Mile's leaned up slowly and opened the sun roof, to reveal a large building beginning to fall right onto them. Mile's closed the sun room quickly.

"We should go," Miles said trying not to panic. He turned around to see if Levi was still behind them on his quad. He looked like he was seeing the same thing Miles was seeing. "What do we do!?"

"GUN IT!!" Levi yells, tires spinning as he twists the throttle to its stop, shooting forward and jumping the concrete that had fallen in front of the hummer. "We need to get airborne! Anyone afraid of heights?"

Sasha was a bit worried. Firstly, the hummer wouldn't be able to ramp the concrete like the tiny atv. They were huge, and wouldn't be able to get the momentum or speed to get up. And secondly, Brennan was terrified of some types of heights. He was good with nature, like climbing mountains and such, but tall buildings and air travel just about made him pee his pants.
"The hummer won't be able to ramp it! How about we go around the city and meet you on the other side or something." She needed the answer quick, the building had started falling a bit ago and they needed to move.

"Go! Meet me at the old airfield!"

"Okay, hold onto your fillings boys!" Sasha said, putting the hummer in reverse. The vehicle flew backwards, and if he hadn't had his seatbelt on, Brennnan would have been thrown through the Windshield. The building crashed in front of them, sending dust and rocks flying everywhere, sending rubble bouncing into the windshield. If the window was normal, few cracks would be seen in it. Sasha drove the hummer back down the road and went off the next one, which lead around to the airfield. She weaved in between other cars and exceeded the speed limit as Miles asked.
"you guys good? Sorry, but a few seconds of asking if we should and we'd end up flattened."
Brennan nodded his head, still terrified about Sasha's driving and the fact they were going to an airfield.

Levi pushes a button on his watch to call an old friend. "Tobias. Load up a C-130 with enough outdoor supplies for a three week stay in the wilderness, forest terrain. Enough weapons to arm a platoon, and enough anesthesia to knock out an elephant. Also, get Meyers, Texidor, Stauffer, McPhalls, and Boyd on it too. Have it ready and at the old airfield within an hour. Merrick out."

Levi speeds to the airfield on the edge of the city.

Sasha continued to drive quickly.
"isn't it odd that we have barely seen anyone other than each other since the start of this quake? I hope that people aren't too trapped in the city. I can't even imagine the death toll these quakes could cause..." Sasha's voice drifted off, wondering about her friends, hoping they were okay.
"let's just get there..." Brennan said, brushing that thought off. They went silent, until a sign came up that indicated the airfield was nearby. Sasha turned off of an exit to reach the destination. They drove through a town, which looked like the zombie apocalypse ravaged through a while ago, making it a ghost town.

Levi races up on his quad. He isn't waiting long before he hears the roar of four turboprops getting louder. With a high pitched squeal of rubber, the C-130 lands on the Tarmac of the little airstrip.

Status
Not open for further replies.