San Andreas Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I say we're good. Cali is going to shit! We'll find stuff we need on the way OUT!"

Miles hopped in the back seat of the Cadillac, not hesitating to put his seat belt on this time. There was so much craziness and pandemonium going on he refused to try to understand what the deal was with the two twins that pretty much appeared out of thin air. "Everyone hop in so we can get a move on! I'm not trying to die!"

Sasha quickly made her way into the vehicle, taking a seat by Miles. Brennan heard the roar of the lion.
"Good idea, let's get a move on!" he said, almost panicked. He threw himself into the car, not caring who was driving.
((Sorry for the short post. Under the weather.))

Hold on! Tia called as she slammed onto the gas pedal. The car suddenly took off at full speed but Tia was able to drive it. Then again, being skilled criminals, they did this a lot. Tia sped down the street, though she really did want to drive pass what was most likely a lion. Ria had her feet up and was watching the sky, perfectly calm. Tia kept this up until they reached the beach that Miles had been talking about. Ria put her feet down and braced herself, smiling. Without warning, Tia slammed on the gas pedal while turning the car. It tilted a little but fell back onto all fours wheels. Laughing, Tia looked at the others. No one died, right? She asked before climbing out with Rei.

Levi steps outside and is almost run down by a speeding Cadillac. Those idiots have a death wish. Turning, he sees the lion. An arrow won't take care of it, so he pulls out his Aserma and pulls the charging handle, chambering the first round. He points, and unloads three slugs into its open maw. It drops like a stone. He then jumps on his atv and speeds after the caddy to the beach. "Do you retards have a death wish? Why aren't you inside? You're gonna get killed!!"

Hearing someone yell after them, the twins turned their head to see a guy riding an ATV. Smirking, they walked towards him in perfect unison. However, when they were just about to crash, the girl leapt into the air and did a front flip over him. However, they just kept walking until they could see the lion running their way. When was the last time we fought a lion? Tia asked her sister. When we were in out third year of High School. Ria replied and the girls reached a hand towards their back. The lion was closer now, and still coming. The twins gripped something hidden under the cloth and waited. When the lion was finally a mere five feet away, they pulled what they had been gripping out. Each held a silver long sword and they ran at the lion. It roared in defiance as it tried to swipe them. The twins slid under and thrusted their sword into the beats belly. As they slid, the sword cut the lions bottom half like a knife through butter. As they reached it's balls, the girls pulled out their swords and slid out from under the beast. It was now bleeding heavily and having a rage. However, it pained it to move so it stayed where it was, trying to swipe the girls. The twins ran at it once again but this time cut into it's sides. This added on to the pain and blood flow, which meant the lion could no longer fight. Smirking, the girls slid the swords back into the hidden sheath on their backs and walked back towards the group. No need to worry! They called in unison, glad their fencing and fighting lessons had, once again, been useful.

Miles was in shock and was incapable of breathing for a moment. Once he caught his breath he undid his seat belt with shaky and hesitant hands. He turned around slowly just in time to catch one of those weird twins flipping over a man on an ATV. In fear, Miles slowly got out of the car and quietly crept toward his garage which was, about 80 ft. down from where they'd parked.

Miles was in aw as he tread through an empty Long Beach. It scared him. He never witnessed this before. By now he would've almost walked into a long boarder that wanted an autograph, or tanned bikini broads trying to get his attention from across the beach...a couple flashes here and there, but that's not the point. Long Beach was a waste land at the moment. The only thing keeping it from looking too bad was the fact that the sun was still out...mostly...mostly?

The sun was setting and it was nearing dark, which could possibly be bad. Miles put a little pep in his step and began to speed walk towards his garage. Then the rumbling began once more. This one seemed to be stronger than the last. In fear Miles began to run. He closed his eyes hoping nothing would hurt him. He was running so fast, he could've sworn he couldn't feel the ground beneath him. That's odd, he thought to himself. Miles opened his eyes and looked down. He was about 5 feet off the ground, and still rising. He got frightened lost his focus and fell back to the ground, twisting his ankle. "Shit!" he yelled. He turned to see if those freaks had heard him. He was a good ways away, but it never hurt to check.

They flipped over a guy on an ATV...if they can do that, they probably have super hearing or some shit like that too,

Miles shrugged it off, due to know response to the distant car full of people, twins, and now a...hunter?

The earthquake began to die down a little. Being on the beach, isolated them from the rest of L.A. buildings fell, there were a lot more casualties, and the death toll was beyond devastating. This was the shortest earthquake, but by far the most dangerous.

When it officially ended, Miles continued to limp to the garage. He kind of felt bad leaving the people who were helping him out, so he planned to get is Hummer H1, which had the most room in it, so everyone could fit. The only problem now, was getting there.

If I was seriously flying a minute ago, that would come in handy right now, he joked to himself.

"All alive... I think." Sasha said, her voice wavering.
Brennan fell out of the vehicle the moment it stopped, feeling a little carsick. He wasn't used to anyone's erratic driving, apart from Sasha's. He propped himself on the side of the vehicle and kept from barfing. He saw Miles and the twins leave the vehicle and each go a different way. He saw the lion, and a guy in an atv who was screaming at them.. The next moment, the lion was gone from the earth. Slightly horrified, he stumbled to the corpse, ignoring the others. Something about it just didn't settle right with him.
This lion had to have come from a zoo. It was probably never out of its cage and was just lost in the bustle of the apocalypse-ish city. It was probably scared and felt lost. Though it was a risk, it probably could've been possible to get rid of the danger without murdering it. At least it's death was *mostly* swift. Brennan but a hand on the beast's head, making sure the eyes were closed on the poor creature. He sighed, standing back up and mentally wished the creature safety if there was a God or some sort of afterlife. He walked back to Sasha, who was fidgeting with her seat belt buckle, occasionally yanking at it.
"stupid thing...wont... unbuckle! Brennan, give me that knife in your bag!" she demanded. Brennan quickly got the blade and handed it to her. She preceded to cut through it. It had tightened when they stopped and she couldn't have slipped out of it easily.
She stood and hopped out of the vehicle, seeing the dead carcass of the lion. She frowned and shook her head.
"Thanks for the ride." She dressed the twins with a small bow. But then her head popped up.
"Miles! Where did he go?" She asked, somewhat panicked. He was their ride. And she was worried about his safety.
"I have no clue... we gotta start searching!" Brennan was only worried about the ride.
The two ran from the vehicle, Brennan still had emergency bag over his shoulder. As they stepped onto the Sandy beaches, another loud rumble was heard and the earth shook. This time, they were able to keep their balance, getting used to the tremors. Though this one was shorter, it was obviously stronger.
"Shit!" Miles' voice swore, some what far-sounding. Sasha pointed in that direction. She immediately ran to it, leaving a dusty trail of sand in her wake. Brennan couldn't keep up with her, and burned out halfway. He tripped at one point, landing on his face. When he looked up, there sat a glass of water. He attempted to grab it and inspect it, but he couldn't. His hand phased through it. He got really angry, then gave up. He continued after Sasha, who was starting to become a small dot on the horizon.
"Miles? Where are you? Are you okay?" she called out.

Levi heard a girl yelling for a man named Miles and ran over to her. "Are yall alright? That was some nasty driving, he says, pulling out his Desert Eagle.

Sasha stopped for a breath as Levi came up
"Yeah, I'm okay, but Miles is our ride and I'm sort of worried about him..." her voice trailed off a bit and continued to run.
Brennan was still trailing behind, stopping to catch his breath every few feet

"Ill help look," Levi tells them, easily keeping pace with the girl."Im Levi. What are your names?"

"My name is Sasha and my brother, who is lagging behind is named Brennan. The guy we are looking for..." she said to Levi, but stopped. She knew that being famous for would also have haters. In case this guy wasn't a fan of Songz's work, her train of thought made her lie about it. "Miles. He looks like Songz the rapper if I had to describe him. You probably saw him run out of the vehicle we took." she was starting to sound out of breath.
As she continued running, she saw the prints in the sand vanish She started to panic a little bit, and continued to feed off the adrenaline she had left, picking the pace back up a bit.
She got to the top of a hill to stop and survey the area.
"Miles!" she called out again, but she was afraid the crashing waves were drowning her voice out. She looked around, seeing a ragged line in the sand that looked like someone was dragging their body. The couldn't have been dragged by someone else; there were no footprints.
"He can't be far. It hasn't been too long." she said, looking at the marks in the sand. She thought she saw something in the distance, but she wasn't sure. Her vision had gotten a bit hazy from the running. She started catching her breath, and let Brennan catch up too. Brennan still had the supplies.

"There is a building about 80 yards distant," he says. "The prints lead right up to the building. There is a side door that a rusty padlock has been taken off. There are big double doors in the front that are open." How in the hell did I see all that? I have good vision, always have, but.... That was...freaky.

"Miles."Miles froze in his footsteps and turned around to see a fraction of the group running in his direction. "Miles!" he heard once again. He waved frantically toward the few. "Over here!" he yelled. He waited patiently for them to catch up.

The twins followed the others in silence, not really caring to call out for a famous person. The twins noticed Miles waving his arms calling them over so they now ran with the group. Upon reaching Miles, the twins looked at his leg. Are you okay? The asked in unison, as their gaze went up to his eyes.

Sasha and the rest of the group (even Brennan who was miserably trailing behind) finally caught up to Miles.
"Why..." she started when she first got there, but stopped because she needed another breath. "Did you run off without us?" She said, somewhat distressed. She wasn't mad really; she repressed the thoughts of him maybe abandoning them.
When the girls asked if he was okay, immediately Sasha saw that Miles was injured. It was obvious from the look in his eye and the way his leg was. she was good at reading eyes in general. Sasha took in a deep breath and bit her lip a tiny bit. She hated to see people in pai. That's probably why she spent time studying medicines and first aid in her own time.
But she decided to let Miles ask for help first.
Brennan gave Sasha a look, that read "you are so evil!" Because he knew exactly what was going on in her mind

Levi saw that Miles was injured. Being in the Marines, he learned how to treat a variety of wounds. "Your ankle looks like it might be sprained, if not broken. How did you manage to hurt it running over flat sand?" He asks in an inquisitive tone. "I'm Levi, by the way."

"Just a sprained ankle or something, don't worry about it. It'll heal in time...an Ace bandage wouldn't hurt though," he said.

The twins creeped the hell out of Miles, so when they said "Are you okay?" in perfect unison, it scared him. He managed to spurt out some words. "I-I'm fine..."

He looked at Brennan, then looked at Sasha. "What is this weird 'we're siblings so I know what she's thinking,' scene? It's not as weird as the twins, but still," he joked.

"Levi huh..." he said trying not to laugh at his accent. "So nice to meet you, bud." The sarcasm in his voice was painfully noticeable.

"The same to you,Miles," Levi replies, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "How did this happen? Half the city has been razed."

Both Brennan and Sasha looked at each other, then back at miles.
"I've been forced to live with her for a good portion of my life. I have to read her mind to know what she's thinking, because she can't say what she's thinking, no matter how important or trivial. I really feel sorry for the dude who is going to have to put up with-"
At that moment, Sasha punched him in the gut. That wound was still a pretty new one. She straightened her stature and shook her hand out. Brennan was doubled over in the sand. If he knew it was coming, he would have stopped it, but he didn't.
"Anyway, we should get to the vehicle." She said, taking a breath. There were times that he got on her nerves. She went to address Levi's questions. "Scientists, for years, have been predicting that a major earthquake would come across the San Andreas fault. Some sort of tension and pressure has been building up for a long time in the fault, and it finally gave today. Mass destruction will be here for a while... Hey, you wouldn't happen to be from Pennsylvania would you?" she said, recognizing the light accent. It reminded her of childhood with some neighbors and classmates.

"Yeah, Nottingham. Are you?" He asks her, jogging back towards his ATV.

Status
Not open for further replies.