San Andreas Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miles finally broke out of his deep shock. He shook his head and rubbed his eyes. "I agree, we have to run. Let's not worry about where right now. To me our only hope is my house if it's still standing." he said as he hopped out of the totaled car. "You guys follow me and we should be able to get there before anything else crazy happens."

Miles took a glance at the totaled car and noticed how, damaged it was. "How did we not die?" he asked himself. He shook the idea out of his mind and started running in the direction of the Hills. "Come on! Hurry!"

Brennan pointed at Miles. "We follow him. He seems to know where to go." He started sprinting back with her, already a few yards behind Miles and Sasha. He wasn't as fast as the average athletic person, but he could beat the average person, especially with adrenaline. Sasha kept miles's pace, occasionally turning back to make sure her brother was safe.

((Sorry, I had writers block here))

Shaylly looked at Miles and blinked, a bit surprised. She knew who he was and enjoyed some of his music, but in the moment she didn't have time for a meet and greet. She began running with the group, following Miles lead. Hopefully Mile's house would be on higher ground as she knew what would follow an earthquake this big.

In a literal panic Miles ran pretty quickly. Adrenaline and fear took him over. With in the next 5 minutes of running and little rumbles here and there, he finally got to his house, surprisingly still intact. His door was busted open. He'd hoped no one broke in, but then he'd remembered the two females he left in his room while hew went out to eat. They probably ran for their lives.

"Alright come on in. We'll just hold up in here. Hopefully this will all blow-" he was cut off once again, by a rumbling from beneath their feet, however this one wasn't little.

"Get inside!!!" he yelled as he ran up his walkway into his house.

The shock almost threw Brennan and Sasha off of their feet. They started sprinting to the entrance, though Sasha wasn't too sure.
"Are you positive your house is safe?" She asked nervously. Brennan was just glad to be in a house. He didn't know why, even if being in a house could be more dangerous, the chances of being crushed in a collapse were higher. But it gave him a comforting feeling.

((Tbh, if the building starts to collapse, I have a solution! XD))

"Not at all!" he said as he closed the door behind him and locked it.

They walked into a seemingly nice house. Electricity was out and the chandelier that was usually right above the entrance of the house was now on the floor shattered. "Great," Mile's muttered under his breath. He stepped carefully over the broken glass into his living room.

"Okay, so um...don't touch my shit...and don't get my couch dirty. Cool?" he asked with a snobbish smirk.

Sasha felt her stomach turn at the uncertainty in that sentence. She picked her way through her glass shards and followed Miles.
"Capisce. You heard that Brennan?" Sasha said, trying to ignore how snobbish he sounded. She was in someone else's house, and though for her house the motto was "mi casa y su casa" (my home is your home), she understood that others' homes were different.

Brennan on the other hand, was staring thoughtfully at the dropped chandelier. He waited until Shaylly had gone past him, and studied the broken chandelier.
"Hmm? Uh, yeah I heard." He said. He remained in the entrance room for a bit. He imagined how the chandelier looked before the quakes. He watched as his imagination took over, almost as if the damaged actually reversed. The floor looked clean and the chandelier hung back where it was. It was beautiful. The only thing that made him realize this wasn't real was the glass under his feet when he shifted and moved around the room. He reached forward to where the chandelier crashed which currently looked like empty space. The empty space in that area faded to reveal the chandelier was still on the floor. He stepped back and the spot went back to being nothing. He paced around for a while, looking up. He had forgotten that there were glass shards on the floor, and one got caught in his shoe. He felt it poking through, not breaking the skin. He walked away from the fallen chandelier and leaned against a wall, picking the shard out. The illusion was still there so anyone could see it if they walked in.

Name: Levi Merrick

Origin: Nottingham, Pennsylvania

Weapons: Bow and Arrow, three daggers in his belt, two daggers in each boot, Colt .45 on his right hip

Abilities: Speed, Strength, Agility, Tracking, Eagle vision, Split second reflexes

Personality: A man of few words, Levi was devastated when the earthquake claimed the life of his fiancé. He decided to use his abilities to help others that were in harms way.

Appearance: Levi wears military combat fatigues as his usual attire, long with knee high combat boots. His hair is long and always messy. His clothes are specially fitted with carbon fibre nanotechnology to protect him when he is hunting.

Ria twisted and turned in her sleep. She was dreaming- no, more like having a nightmare. A large earthquake shook all of California and West California broke away from the rest of California. In fear, she clutched her sister hand who was having the same dream. After the dream ended, the twins both sat up quickly, sweating and holding each other's hands tightly. Ria and Tia lived together in an apartment and slept in the same bed, just like when they were kids. Ria was the first to recover and quickly got out of bed. What a weird dream. She muttered and Tia got out of bed as well. Did you dream about an earthquake? Tia asked, only to receive a nod. Freaky They said at the same time before getting dressed. Ria wore a cool outfit while Tia went girly with her outfit choice. The twins, now dressed, exited the room and Tia started making breakfast while Ria watched T.V.

When breakfast was done and over with, the twin left their apartment. Rai locked it up and the were on their way to the Gang's hideout. However, halfway there, the ground started to rumble and shake. At first, the girls ignored it since it was normal in Cali. But in grew larger, and the twins were thrown to the ground. However, they only look interested and rather amused. If only that happened every day. Ria laughed, Tia joining in. About time that dream came true. Tia added. The girls stood up and brushed themselves off. After looking at each other, they nodded and took off running to the city. The girls were huge fans of chaos and so they wanted to see this.

rion-flina-sion-flina.jpg

» Name «
Ria Ramsey| Tia Ramsey

» Age «
21 | 21

» Occupation «
Fencing Master | Martial Arts Master

» Origin «
Toulouse, France | Toulouse, France

» Abilities «
Shadow Manipulation and Telepathic [only works with Tia]| Light Manipulation and Telepathic [only works with Ria]

» Personality «
Meet Her | Meet Her

» Weapons «
Sword, Dagger, Gun, and Herself | Sword, Dagger, Gun, and Herself

» History «
Born into a very rich family, the girls were spoiled. Because of this, they were hated by not only girls, but boys as well. Ria and Tia were always getting into fights but their parents never cared. As the years progressed, Ria and Tia had become the badasses of the Middle School during their first year there. The twins had formed their own little gang and they were always doing rotten things. When the girls were 14, they bumped into a gang. After speaking with the leader, the girls were allowed to join. They weren't given bikes but they did learn how to fight with weapons and their bodies. At age 16, the twins were given motorbikes and were considered official members of the gang. Ria got a job as a Fencing Teacher and Tia a Martial Arts Teacher. By the time they were 17, the girls had become masters of their jobs and highly respected. To this day, they are members of the Wolf gang and respected Masters at their jobs

Sasha had wiped the dust off of her before taking a seat, and had been sitting on Mile's couch for a while while Brennan was still trying to remove the glass from his shoe. He finally had gotten it out and was inspecting it as if it was going to answer what he was seeing. The chandelier seemed to still hang from the ceiling, but he knew that it was still shattered, the piece in his hand as evidence. Sasha sat still, but then started to worry that Brennan was snooping through Miles' stuff.
"Hey Brennan, you still in here?" she asked to check up on him. But Brennan, who was too deep in thought to hear anything, did not answer and continued to study the shard and his illusion. "Brennan? Answer me." she called once more and he still didn't respond. She heaved a sigh and stood, walking back into the entrance room. As she approached, she noticed something odd. The chandelier was not shattered on the ground. She walked forward, calling for her brother again, only to hear the soft crunch of glass under her shoe. She picked it up confused. It hadn't been there a second ago. She walked cautiously to the place Brennan was leaning, studying the shard. She pointed to the illusion. "Am I seeing things or did you fix this?" she said, poking his forehead to remove him from the trance.
"I don't think so. When I move forward and reach for the broken chandelier, it reappears. But I see it hanging up there back here." he replied, dumbfounded. He shook his head, then walked into the room Sasha emerged from and removed his thoughts from the chandelier. Sasha, who remained in the room, watched as the illusion before her seemed to melt into what the chandelier actually was, broken, shattered on the ground. She followed him to the room. "It was an illusion. It disappeared. What's up with that?" she told him. Brennan shook his head.
"no clue... But we shouldn't stay here for long, Miles. We need to find someplace that guaranteed won't collapse on us. I suggest grabbing supplies around that you need."
((@SadBoy Wannabe still in this? ))

Levi tossed and turned in his sleep. He kept having a dream that was more like a nightmare. The ground shook...China falls off the hutch in the kitchen...a great chasm opens in the ground...the sea rushes in... And he snaps awake. What a nightmare, he thinks. Then he looks outside and half leaps out of bed. It wasn't a dream. It was REAL.

In the city, buildings had crashed and collided, the people were running past in fear while screaming, the animals from the zoo were in a panic and running, and it was chaos. Awesome! The twins yelled in unison. Taking Tia's hand, Ria led them into the city at a run. Tia matched her pace and the girls laughed in amusement. However, it was also very dangerous with the animals free. Tia noticed a lioness running at them, though it didn't seem it wanted to attack. Narrowing her eyes, Tia flung Ria out of dangers way and followed. They landed on the cement of the sidewalk and the two girls watched with smiles as many animals ran pass without a care for them. It was truly a sight. Ah! We should start looking for a house. We need food and sleep after all. Tia said, turning to her sister. Yeah, your right. Let's start looking. Ria agreed. Once the stampeded finished, the twins walked in search of someone to spend the night and get some food. The city was useless so they left and kept searching.

After two hours, the twins came across a large mansion. It seemed to belong to someone famous. It overlooked the now ruined city and had an outdoor pool as well. Looking at each other, they nodded and walked up to the front door. However, the girls didn't exactly care for manners. Ria banged on the door, shouting for someone to open up while Tia stood back and watched, seemingly amused by the scene. While she waited, Tia looked around. It was indeed a beautiful house and Tia began to wonder who it belonged to.
@SadBoy Wannabe @Katrina Iceheart

Sasha heard the banging and shouting at the door and her first instinct was to go get it. She stopped, realizing it wasn't her home. But by the sounds of the yelling, it was voice of another female. She didn't sound panicked though, which was odd.
"Hey, uh, Miles? Mind if I get that?" she was sort of worried he wouldn't answer now. If that was the case, she would get the door anyway. She couldn't leave them out there.
@SadBoy Wannabe

Levi turns on the Tv. The same images show in the news. Then an anchor comes on and says, "30 year old Alysse Morgan, fiancée to world renowned big game hunter Levi Merrick, was found dead this morning in the rubble of the office building where she worked. She was CEO of Global Enviromental Limited, a major business for saving the worlds rain forests. More on this tragedy at 6."

"NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" Levi yells at the screen. He breaks down in tears.

Hearing the cry of a guy, the twins looked at each other and smiled widely. Tia walked over and on the count of three, they both hit the door near the knob. With no surprise, the door burst open and the girls walked. The twins noticed a gik when they first entered and smirked before continuing. They were practically running until thy saw a guy sobbing. Ria and Tia bother burst into laughter and sat on a couch. Nice place! Ria yelled, not really caring if the owner of the house heard her our not. Tia on the other hand quickly read the news and then looked to the man. Fiance died? Heh, now that's what I call a show. Tia chuckled as she laid back on the couch.

Sasha wasn't going to get an answer out of Miles in his own home, so she marched past Brennan to the door. She flung it open, but the girl she had heard was nowhere to be found. But she did hear a distant cry of some guy. Someone he knew probably died in the earthquake. That was soon to be very common.
"we are going to have to start moving out soon." Sasha repeated herself. Brennan pulled the emergency bag he had up and over his shoulder but sat down on the couch. He leaned his head back and placed one arm over the back of the couch. He was already tired and surprisingly unprepared from what he expected. He should have thought more about this beforehand!

(Oh wow didn't realize this came back form the dead. Okay, I'm back here we go)

Miles rubbed his eyes, after a few moments of him dozing off to sleep. There wasn't any earthquakes in that short amount of time, so as usual, he got bored of a situation he was in.

"Right, right. L-let's go. We'll head to my personal garage down by the beach. We'll pick a car from there, but um...unless you guys want to run about 20 miles, we should find a car that could get us down there. I car, that's not beaten up too bad."

Miles hopped up and went through winking at Sasha as he walked out. He looked up and down the street, looking for a car, that hopefully wouldn't have been tossed around too much. It was then he was a Cadillac with a missing hood and roof. "Okay perfect! Come on people," he said in excitement as he ran toward the other car. "Somebody drive, I don't really feel like it to be honest," he said as he gave out an arrogant chuckle.

Ria and Tia looked up at Miles and followed him outside. Apparently, they were going to the beach. I'll drive! Tia called, running pass the others with Ria in tow. The twins stopped in front of the car and Tia climbed into the driver seat. Ria, on the other hand, climbed into the passenger seat. Finding the keys, Tia slid them into the ignition and started the car. Hurry up! Ria called to the others.

Sasha blushed a bit when Miles winked at her. They followed, also looking for a car, but Miles beat them to it. They quickly made their way to the vehicle and Sasha was going to offer driving again when the twins took the front seat.
"How the? What the?" Brennan stammered, as the twins so seemingly phased into existance for him. He put his hand to his face and decided to just go with it.
Sasha glanced over to Miles. She wasn't really alright with having strangers drive her around. But it was an emergency, and this might have been their vehicle.
"Do you have everything you need from the house before we go?" she said repetitively. She wasn't doing it to be annoying. It was more the fact she had been on so many family trips where someone forgot something. She was the one who reminded them that they may have forgotten something.
"And I'm giving you the option on who you want your chauffeur to be. This may be their vehicle, but we don't really know them."

Levi heard a roar outside and looked out the window, seeing a...lion? Pushing a button under the coffe table, he watches as the top slides apart, revealing an Aserma Semi-Automatic 8-Gauge shotgun that could hold eleven rounds, a .50 caliber Desert Eagle, and his personal favorite, a yeomans longbow. Getting dressed in his fatigues with his arsenal in hand, he steps outside. "Let's go hunting."

Status
Not open for further replies.