[Samuel x Roman]

r o m a n
"I'm not going to make fun of you," Roman assured his boyfriend as he sat up. He then reached down and opened the drawer of his bedside table, pulled out a sheet of painkillers and popped a couple for Samuel. He took Samuel's hand, placed both pills on his palm and then closed Samuel's fingers around them.

"I know you didn't plan to drink. Here, take this."
Roman handed Samuel a small bottle of chocolate milk from the minifridge that sat beneath the medicine drawer. "Sorry, I don't have any water in the minifridge."

Roman laid back down and watched his boyfriend take the pills. "You weren't that bad. You were just ... a lot more confident than usual." He smiled a little. "But it was kind of cute."

"Thanks," Samuel said as he received the pain killers and chocolate milk and took the pills while also reminding himself of stocking the fridge with at least one bottle of water sometime soon.

"And no, not cute, annoying and dumb", Samuel insisted, even though he was glad to hear Roman didn't hate his drunk self. Samuel didn't particularly like himself drunk, though, sure he drank to get a little more confident but it just resulted in him saying and doing things he regretted later on, "I don't like not having a filter, like, I know I can be way too reserved sometimes, but that's better than just blurting out whatever comes to your mind, because then you gotta live with that the next day,"

It was one of the reasons he generally avoided drinking, and thinking about it made him realize it probably had been at least two years since he last did it, which was before he even talked to Roman.

"Do you know how afraid I was to drink in high school because I thought I'd do something 'weird and gay'?" Samuel chuckled as he said it, sure it hadn't been very fun back then but looking back it was one of those things he could actually laugh at about himself.

r o m a n
Roman wasn't scared about not having a filter when drunk because he barely had a filter when he was sober. He often just said what was on his mind and cared about the consequences later, but he had toned down with that recently. He was a lot more careful with the things he said to other people.

"I can't imagine," he said honestly. "But I mean, you barely ever do anything weird or gay when you're sober now so I doubt you'd have done much back then," he teased softly, poking Samuel in the side gently.

"I jest, I jest. But, really, I think you were too far in denial back then to do anything like that, even if you were drunk out of your fucking mind," he said truthfully.

Samuel chuckled a little again because what Roman was saying was probably the truth. Back then Samuel barely allowed himself to look at a guy to be able to keep denying things so even if he was drunk he'd be far from doing anything gay, and the one time he had actually done anything gay at a party he had been sober and it had been with Roman. It was a little weird to think back to now.

"Yeah, I would probably be more likely to make out with a girl to prove myself wrong, to be honest," Samuel said and pulled a grimace as if itthe was the most vile thought in the world, it was a joke but it wasn't like there was no truth to the expression at all. "Speaking of making out, I would like to formally thank you for not doing that with me when I was drunk, it was very gentleman-y of you"

He gently bumped Roman's shoulder with his where he sat and took a sip of the chocolate milk even if he had already swallowed the pain killers, it was nice to get something in his stomach that didn't contain a bunch of alcohol, even if sugary dairy probably wasn't the best thing to drink when feeling sick.

r o m a n
The idea of Samuel making out with a girl was incredibly weird to Samuel. Like, Roman knew Samuel had had girlfriends in the past, before he had come to terms with himself, but imagining his boyfriend as anything other than homosexual seemed quite out of place for Roman. Like it didn't suit him, or something along those lines.

Roman laughed at Samuel's next statement. It wasn't a teasing laugh, just an amused one. He leaned over and kissed his boyfriend on the cheek. "Hey, you didn't make out with me when I was drunk and insistent so I wouldn't do it to you," Roman assured him, kissing him again on the cheek.

"Besides, you totally slobbered all over my neck. It was gross." Roman was kidding, and he poked Samuel in the belly to let him know that.

Samuel grabbed his boyfriend's hand and intertwined his fingers with them to stop him from any further poking since it really wasn't helping him in making him feel less sick, of course, he had his other hand free still, but Samuel had become very attached to the chocolate milk since it was something he very rarely drank and was not letting it go.

"Pfft, shush, I bet you loved it" Samuel laughed, although he was definitely blushing at the mention of his behavior the night before, "I would prove it to you, but I think I'm just going to continue to sit still for a while because I seriously think I'm going to throw up if I do anything else"

Samuel wasn't really over exaggerating, or well, he had yet to actually ever throw up from drinking too much but he also had no idea how much he had actually been drinking, so he didn't really want to take any chances.

r o m a n
"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Samuel, happy birthday to you ..."

It was Samuel's nineteenth birthday. Instead of video games in the party shed, however, the entire household, plus the now apparently permanent fixture of Matilda as well as Matthew and Gabi, was gathered in the living room to celebrate the very important day. Roman was carrying out Samuel's cake -- it was chocolate mocha again, but this time it was three tiers, and had white chocolate drizzled all over the entire thing.

"Woah, Roman, that looks amazing," said Bella as Roman set the cake on the table.

"Thanks." Roman set the baked good on the coffee table in front of Samuel, handed him a knife and sat down on his lap. "Elliot, stop drinking."

"Fuck you," Elliot said as he poured himself another shot.

"Whatever. Sammy, cut your cake or I'll have to kiss you to death."

"What kind of an ultimatum is that?" Samuel laughed and kissed his boyfriend on the cheek, "Like I don't want you to kiss me to death"

He still reached forward to cut himself a slice of the cake, that looked even better than last year, to spare his friends having to wait until Roman had successfully murdered him with kisses until they could get themselves.

Samuel had decided he was starting to like birthdays a little more, they weren't so bad when they meant amazing cake, Roman in his lap and friends that were actually nice, even if he still found the whole getting sung for and getting a lot of attention at once part really awkward.

Once he had gotten himself a piece of cake, and one for Roman while he was at it, he passed the knife on to the next person so that the rest of the group could get some cake as well. Matilda cut up a slice for Elliot since he seemingly saw birthday parties as an excuse to get drunk, which Samuel supposed he wasn't entirely wrong about.

"What's it made with?" Gabi asked Roman when the knife ended up in her hand, she was standing with Matthew, having pulled his arms over her shoulders and was now holding him there so she could have something to rest against. Had Samuel not know better they would have looked like a couple. Samuel only knew better because he had asked and ended up with two annoyed and seemingly grossed out friends, "I mean it looks really good, but I'm assuming I can't eat it?"

r o m a n
"Ah, see, I'm not a piece of shit, and I did remember you were vegan," Roman assured Gabi from his place on Samuel's lap. "So, rest assured, everything is a hundred percent vegan-friendly. You're welcome."

"How the fuck did you make a cake without milk?" a slightly intoxicated Elliot asked from his place on the floor beside the coffee table. He was pouring more shots of vodka and Coke and had pulled Matilda into his lap.

"Almond milk, my drunk friend."

"Fuck off, I'm not drunk."

Blake took the knife from Gabi, cut two pieces and handed them to Gabi and Matthew because she was a firm believer in the idea that guests didn't have to serve themselves. Blake had obtained a lot of tattoos since she had become the legal age to receive them, and they looked awesome.

"Right, I'm the only drunk one which is completely unacceptable," Elliot decided as he gently moved Tilly off his lap, got up and handed everyone in the room a shot.

Gabi seemed genuinely excited about the fact that she was actually getting cake and Samuel was pretty sure he heard her literally say "yay" when she and Matthew got handed a piece each by Blake. Samuel also decided his boyfriend was amazing and sweet for remembering that one of Samuel's friends didn't eat the same things as they did.

Samuel gave Roman a kiss and started eating his cake as Elliot decided he was going to get the entire room drunk apparently. Samuel kissed Roman again because the cake was amazing as Elliot started pouring up shots for everyone.

"Thank you, tall dude, whose name I can't remember anymore," Gabi said once Elliot handed her the shot, this was the first time Matthew and Gabi were properly meeting the people Samuel lived with.

"Elliot" Matthew corrected her as he got his, even though Samuel had a slight suspicion Gabi was purposefully not remembering names to be able to use fun adjectives to describe people seeing as she had already described Matilda, whose hair was recently re-dyed to be blue and pink, as "the girl with pretty hair".

Elliot handed everyone in the room a shot, Roman and Samuel included, he had either forgotten Roman wasn't super into drinking in his drunk state, or just chosen to ignore it, probably also because he was drunk. Samuel glanced at Roman before doing anything with the shot.

"I'm not drinking unless you are" Samuel informed his boyfriend, the last times they had been drinking it had been separately and just ended up with one of them annoying the other. But if Roman did, in fact, want to drink Samuel wouldn't mind too much, he still wasn't the biggest fan but if everyone was drinking it was probably more fun if he was too.

r o m a n
"Hey, I think I should be the tall dude," Roman complained when Gabi gave Elliot the title. "I am way taller, like, four inches. I make Elliot look like a fucking midget."

"Ah, fuck off," Elliot slurred, taking his seat on the floor beside his girlfriend and then throwing back another shot. He again pulled Matilda into his lap and kissed her somewhat sloppily on the back of the neck.

Roman looked at Samuel, and then his own shot glass, and then everyone else in the room. Elliot was obviously hammered already. Bella was somewhat tipsy and Blake had always had a good alcohol tolerance but was clearly drinking too. Even Matthew and Gabi had their shots. Honestly, Roman was used to being the only sober one in a houseful of drunk people but ... it was Samuel's birthday. And he wanted Samuel to have fun.

So, Roman shrugged and threw back the shot. He swallowed the liquid and immediately felt tipsy -- due to his lack of body weight, he didn't have much of an alcohol tolerance, a fact he learned after Googling it while he had been unable to walk. His back was still bruised but he could get around now.

Roman reached forward and picked up a couple of more shot glasses, handed one to Samuel and threw the other back. "Cheers to you, I guess," he hiccuped.

With Roman's cheers and Samuel joining in the drinking the little birthday celebration commenced with the objective of everyone getting drunk. Gabi suggested they actually make something fun out of the drinking and put on a movie and see if they could find a drinking game for it. Samuel didn't object to the idea at all and soon they were all watching the first Harry Potter movie, taking shots whenever a spell was cast or Draco acted like a douchebag on screen.

By the end of it, anyone who wasn't drunk before definitely had gotten drunk during the game. Matilda was her usual cute giggly drunk self, and Elliot's face had at least five sparkly cat stickers stuck to it, Gabi had acquired one of Matilda's stickers to put on Matthew and it was now stuck on his glasses. Matthew had no idea and Gabi was giggling about it every time she turned to look at him.

Matthew himself seemed to either not have had as many drinks as the rest of them, have a really high tolerance level for alcohol or just didn't act much different from his sober self when drunk. He was, however, slightly worse at masking glares at Roman as sighs, shrugs and eye rolls.

Samuel had gotten by now that Matthew didn't like Roman and thus Roman obviously didn't like him either. Normally Samuel would have probably disliked anyone who disliked Roman, but he realised that it was just that their personalities clashed and besides, Samuel was pretty sure Matthew disliked half the people he met, so he didn't dwell on it too much.

Since the movie was over someone had turned on some music which was now playing quietly in the background as everyone just talked and did their own thing. Roman was still seated in Samuel's lap but now Samuel had taken to affectionately wrapping his arms around his boyfriend to keep him as close as possible, being drunk was a much more pleasant experience when he had Roman to hug and kiss whenever he felt like it.

"--The point is, it was such an unnecessary thing to add, like, they literally only made it happen because they were important characters that hadn't been paired up with anyone at the end of the movie…Hey, are you listening?"
Samuel looked up from the kiss he was giving Roman as Matthew's tone changed slightly. Samuel just hadn't been able to resist kissing his boyfriend and Matthew's rant had gotten too long for Samuel to properly listen to after the amount of drinking that had occurred. He had gotten the gist of it though.

"Yeah sure,"

"Really?"

"I didn't mind Neville and Luna ending up together I thought it was kind of sweet actually," Samuel said with a shrug, words just a little slurred and then looked at his boyfriend for his input on the matter.

r o m a n
By the time the first Harry Potter movie was over, Roman was easily the drunkest he had been in a while. Far more intoxicated than he had been on Bella's birthday, when they had gone to the bar. He was leaning against Samuel's chest, simply because he was incredibly lethargic and could hardly sit up straight.

Though, everyone else was drunk, too, so it wasn't that bad. By this point, Elliot was talking non-stop to anyone who would listen to him and was completely oblivious of the stickers on his face. He gave Matilda a deep and slightly sloppy kiss every now and then. Bella was also very drunk. She was just rather loud and slurry, not too extreme or lethargic, really, she was what Roman would consider to be a 'tolerable' drunk. Blake seemed to be hardly affected whatsoever -- she sort of sat stoically, listening to the conversations around her without paying much attention.

"I don't like Neville and Luna together but only because they were with other people in the books," Roman contributed, his forehead pressed against Samuel's neck. "Neville got hitched to Hannah Abbot and she ran the Leaky Cauldron. Luna ended up with Newt Scamander's great grandson and they had twin boys named Lorcan and Lysander and Lysander ended up gay as fuck."

Roman's voice was very slurred, though he hardly noticed. He looked up at Samuel. "Like you," he teased, before grabbing his boyfriend's chin and pressing a kiss to his soft lips.

"Pfft, me? Gay? Never." Samuel joked and kissed Roman again, right away proving his claims wrong, "You have no evidence for that. None."

"Yeah but like, you aren't getting it" Matthew continued, completely ignoring the fact that the people he was trying to talk to weren't all that interested in what he was saying, maybe in part due to the fact that he had been drinking some at least

"oh my god Matthew he agreed with you" Gabi whined, clearly picking up on the fact that Matthew really only was disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.

"No but it's not about who they end up with according to Rowling, it's about the film makers decision to push them together for no reason--" Matthew continued to ramble on but Samuel tuned out in favour of kissing Roman again, his lips had felt so very nice against his so he wanted to do it just one more time, and then maybe a hundred million more times after that.

"I'm thirsty, C'mon let's go get some water" Gabi interrupted Matthew, stood up and pulled Matthew along with her to stop him from embarrassing himself by arguing with no one. Samuel just shrugged and decided to enjoy the fact that they'd have the couch for themselves for a minute or so, which meant he could kiss Roman without getting interrupted by Matthew.

r o m a n
Roman didn't even notice Matthew and Gabi leave because he was too busy making out with his boyfriend on the couch. His hand found itself in Samuel's hair and the other arm was looped securely around his shoulders, their lips locking together in a soft and sultry manner. God, Samuel was beautiful, and he was perfect.

Roman was so caught up in the kiss that he didn't notice Elliot and Bella giggling, and he didn't notice them both take out their phones and record them. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket as they sent the videos to both him and Samuel but didn't acknowledge it at all. He was too drunk.

Roman pulled away, only to reach over to the table and pick up a small sweet and pop it into Samuel's mouth. "Happy birthday."

Samuel let out a chuckle that was just short of a giggle as Roman fed him the sweet and buried his face in The crook of Roman's neck for a moment. His boyfriend was sweet and he loved him very much.

Somewhere in the background, Samuel could hear Matthew and Gabi come back, and also Matthew complaining about the turn of events that had taken place while was gone. Samuel chose to ignore him because Roman was so much more interesting.

Samuel's hand found it's way up his boyfriend's shirt. He figured it was okay since he wasn't actually removing it and he just really wanted to see what the skin on Roman's lower back felt like even if he had felt it a million times before.

Samuel didn't get pulled out of the moment until he felt something hit his head. It was Matthew's hand, "No that's where I draw the line"

"Way to ruin the fun" Gabi gestured to Elliot and Bella but Samuel had no idea what she meant, having been to caught up in the kissing to notice what their friend had been doing.

"I'm sure they don't want to have sex in front of us just like we don't want to see them do it"

"We weren't planning to" Samuel glared at Matthew. Matthew glared back, "...you're lame,"

Then he turned to Roman, kissed him again, brought his lips to his ear and whispered "do you wanna go downstairs?"

r o m a n
Roman scowled up at Matthew when he rudely interrupted his and Samuel's kiss. He mumbled a string of obscenities under his breath as Matthew scolded the both of them but ignored what the blond was saying. He really didn't care -- if Roman hardly ever listened to Matthew when he was sober, he sure as hell wasn't going to do so when he was drunk out of his fucking mind.

"Abso-fuckin'-lutely,"
Roman said in a voice that definitely was not a whisper, standing up and pulling Samuel up with him. He stumbled as he did so but managed to not fall over. "Bye, motherfuckers."

"Use protection."

"Fuck you, Blake."

Roman grabbed Samuel's hand and lead him downstairs to the basement. He only just managed to not fall over while doing so, which was good, because that would have ended in disaster.

"Matthew's an ass, I hope he dies of alcohol poisoning," Roman said matter-of-factly, before falling back on the bed and pulling Samuel down with him, so Samuel hovered on top.

"No shush don't wish death upon people" Samuel laughed as he placed a couple of sloppy kisses along Roman's neck, just like he had last time he had been drinking, only this time Roman obviously wasn't going to stop him. What stopped him however was Roman's shirt that still was very much on and Samuel absolutely hated it right then.

"Off" Samuel said simply as he started to remove Roman's shirt to get him to help him to get it off. When the shirt was on the floor Samuel continued his kisses down Roman's chest, until he was once again hindered by Roman's clothing.

"Besides he can't stop us now" Samuel grinned up at his boyfriend, they were behind closed doors, and there were no annoying friends there to stop them. All in all Samuel decided this was going to be a very perfect end to his birthday.

r o m a n
Roman woke up and they were very much naked, though he didn't care about that because he had a horrible headache. It wasn't quite a migraine, but it was very annoying and somewhat painful and Roman didn't like it at all.

"Ugh," he said, sitting up and looking to his left to locate his boyfriend, who seemed to be present. Roman poked him on the shoulder. "Wake up."

Roman located some painkillers and placed two of them on Samuel's bare chest. Since his boyfriend wasn't awake yet, Roman opened the bottle of water that was in the fridge, wet his fingers and flicked the droplets at his boyfriend.

"I thought you promised to never let me drink again. You're a bad person." Roman took his painkillers and flopped down onto his back.

Samuel groaned quietly as he felt something splash onto his face, when he heard Roman's voice he realized it was an attempt to wake him up.

"No you are your own person, responsible for your own actions" Samuel complained without opening his eyes. His head was hurting and he was feeling more sick than he had last time he had been drinking, probably because all he had eaten since last night was cake and sweets.

"Couldn't you have let me sleep you're the worst" Samuel continued to whine and tried to open his eyes, upon finding the pills on his chest he changed his mind, "Oh never mind, you are the best and I love you"

Samuel grabbed the pills and sat up, leaning against the headboard while also making sure to cover himself properly with the covers, sure Roman was his boyfriend and it wasn't anything he hadn't seen before, but now that Samuel wasn't completely drunk anymore he had some decency.

"Water, please" Samuel requested and grabbed the water from Roman as he seemed to be done with it and threw back the pills with some struggle since he wasn't used to it, "ugh, I don't get why people would feel like drinking is worth it, I feel like shit,"