[Samuel x Roman]

r o m a n

A week had passed since Roman had introduced Samuel to Lady, and now, the light July rain pattered against the roof of the party shed as Roman, Samuel, London and Evan had their first proper double date. They had taken the spare queen-sized mattresses from the back of the shed and put them in front of the couch, using the couch as a wall to lean on with cushions supporting their backs. They had plenty of blankets, snacks and drinks accessible. Lady was curled up on Samuel's lap, Percy, who was now friends with the dog, on Samuel's, and London had her evil cat Eloise. Evan went petless.

Samuel and Evan sat on the sides of the seating arrangements with the twins in the middle. They were on the second film of their Harry Potter marathon, Roman having already inhaled half the snacks, when London jumped. Roman looked at her with a frown.

"You okay?"

London jumped again and gave a small squeaking noise, her hands on her belly. Roman paused the film and looked at her in alarm.

"London, what's wrong? Do you need --"

"It's fine -- it's just ..." she trailed off, rubbing her swollen stomach, which was visible even through the thick blankets. "The baby'd never kicked before."

A week later and Samuel was cozied down next to Roman with Lady in his lap and London and Evan present, watching the second out of eight Harry Potter movies. He couldn't really think of a better way to spend time with his friends and boyfriend.

when London suddenly squeaked Samuel peeked out from the other side of Roman to curiously glance over at was going on. Suddenly the paused wizards, following a trail of spiders, on screen was the least interesting in the world and all attention was on the pregnant girl.

At first she was getting look of concerns at first, but that changed as soon as she clarified and everyone could be relieved again, Even even let out a small gasp as he realised what had just happened.

"Really?" He placed a careful hand on London's stomach, waiting silently for it to hopefully happen one more time.

"Oh my god" Evan burst out in a whisper. He was looking between London's bump and her face with a look that could only be described as a mixture of excitement and utter adoration. It was a look Samuel couldn't say he had ever seen on his friend's face before. It was very sweet in Samuel's opinion and he couldn't stop himself from smiling at the two.

Last edited:
r o m a n

Roman watched as Evan felt his baby kick in their mother's womb, and he'd be lying if he said he wasn't pleased by the adoring expression on the male's face. At least he seemed to be an enthusiastic father. At least he had some interest in the life of his child.

London sniffled and nodded. She was on the verge of tears, though they were happy tears, which Roman was glad for, since he hated to see his sister upset.

She looked at him with a smile, took his hand and put it on her belly beside Evan's.

"There's nothing -- oh, holy fucking shit." Roman's eyes widened as he felt his niece or nephew kick his hand. "Samuel. Samuel, I am incredibly overwhelmed, feel this."

Samuel chuckled a little at his boyfriend reaction at the child in his sisters stomach's. If he was overwhelmed it was probably nothing compared to what London was, luckily she had both Evan, who placed a sweet kiss on her cheek upon seeing how full of emotions she was, and Roman there for comfort.

Samuel did as Roman had told him and scooted over a little to be able to reach over to let his hand join the others, waiting quietly to feel something.

"Oh" he uttered when he felt it, it was indeed a little overwhelming feeling the evidence of the child growing inside of London.

"What does it feel like?" Evan asked his girlfriend, it was a kind of silly question but Samuel supposed it was valid, since now that it had been brought up he was kind of wondering as well.

Last edited:
r o m a n
"It ... it feels like ..."

Roman listened and watched as his twin sister tried to find the right words to describe the experience she was having in that moment. Then, the baby inside her kicked again, and she finally burst into tears and covered her hand with her mouth, keeping the other hand on her bump. She shook slightly as she did so. Roman's thirst immediately grew tight as he watched her cry.

"It feels real," she whispered, her eyes closed right as if she was revelling in the moment. "It makes it seem so much more real."

Roman pulled his hand away from her stomach only to wipe the small tears off his cheeks and push his hands through his hair irritably. "You're making me cry."

London gave a teary chuckle. "Sorry."

"Don't apologise."

The pregnant girl opened her eyes, kissed Evan on the cheek and squeezed her twin's hand with her own. "I'm finding out the gender tomorrow."

Samuel rubbed Romans arm as he sat back and made himself more comfortable again, he knew the tears were happy ones but he also knew it took a lot to make his boyfriend cry so it was obviously a much more emotional moment for him than it was for Samuel. Actually, it was most likely a much more emotional moment for everyone else in the room than for him, seeing as he was technically the least related to the child.

It didn't really bother him or anything, it was just a thought that hit him when seeing the two others interact with London. And it didn't mean he wasn't emotional about it as well, it was his best friend and friend's kid, his boyfriend's little niece or nephew for god's sake. He just felt weirdly composed compared to the others, which was pretty rare for him.

"Are you still keeping it a secret?" Samuel asked the couple, maybe a little too casually to fit the mood, but he was curious about the gender and he knew Roman was as well, maybe they'd give in and decide to tell people.

"Yeah," Evan answered, his face turning into what seemed to have been a teasing but friendly smirk for a split second, he probably found the whole sneaking around and having a secret quite fun, but he went right back to smiling at London afterward. Evan wasn't really a crier, never had been, at least to Samuels knowledge, so he wasn't even doing it now, just keeping a somewhat uncharacteristically soft smile on his face while petting London's hair to comfort her.

"Lame" Evan just chuckled lightly in response.

r o m a n
"Ugh, you suck." Roman shoved his sister with no force and no malice to his actions, he was completely joking. He gave a teary chuckle identical to the one London gave as well. "How am I meant to buy them colour-coded paraphernalia if I don't know the gender?"

"For a gay person you're pretty into gender roles."

"Maybe I want to buy pink for a boy and blue for a girl. You don't know my life."

London chuckled again, flicked her brother on the elbow and rolled her eyes. "No. I'm keeping it a secret and there's nothing you can do to change my mind."

"I hate you."

London shrugged and snuggled into Evan's side, her bump resting against him softly but not hard enough to cause any discomfort to herself or the child. "I hate you too."

Roman settled back into position and looked at Samuel. "Beat up Evan until he tells you the gender."

"Dude, Samuel couldn't beat me" Evan insisted as he put an arm around London's shoulders. Samuel scoffed, he could totally beat Evan.

"Wow, I could beat the shit out of you" Samuel rolled the sleeves of his hoodie up symbolically, "I'll prove it, let's do this"

"What if I die?" Evan protested with a chuckle "Are you going to leave our child fatherless? Not cool."

"You were raised by your mum only and you turned out fine"

"Fair point," Evan said thoughtfully, not at all offended really, Samuel knew he didn't care about how his family looked like our else he wouldn't joke about it "still not vey nice to leave London alone though"

"Ah, I guess I'll let you off, for London's sake... But only this time" Samuel gave his friend a warning look and then turned to his boyfriend while pulling his sleeves back down, "Sorry, Roman no can do"

r o m a n
Roman let out a shriek-like noise and sunk back into his cushions. London clamped her hands over her ears and shrunk further into Evan's chest as if she could hide herself from the noises coming from her twin brother.

"Wow, Samuel, you can't even defend me?" Roman pretend-wailed to his boyfriend, shoving him way with his hands and rolling onto his stomach so he could keep his face hidden from public view. "Worst boyfriend ever." His voice came out muffled.

"Naw, Roman, don't say that about Samuel," London chuckled, carding her fingers through her brother's hair playfully. "At least he didn't get you pregnant."

She playfully flicked Evan on the forehead.

"Hey, don't remind me of that. I'll castrate him, don't fuck with me."

"Yeah, don't remind him about that" Evan said, joking but there was a hint of genuine nervousness which Samuel found quite amusing "He won't spare me"

"C'mon you asshole" he purposefully ignored Evan's genuine fear of getting castrated by Roman while also changing the subject back by pretending to be incredibly offended by his boyfriend. He was a good friend, despite just threatening to beat Evan up, "I am the best boyfriend"

Sometime during the excitement of the baby kicking Lady had gotten fed up with all of the moving and jumped out of Samuels lap to sleep next to him instead so now there was space for Samuel to, with some effort, turn Roman and pull his head into his lap.

"I know you love me" Samuel said matter of factly while taking over the running of fingers through Roman's hair from London. "Not only am I very nice I am also very hot"

"Ew"

r o m a n
Of course, Roman knew that Samuel was a wonderful boyfriend, easily the best he'd had, but he liked to mess around and joke a lot so he resisted when Samuel turned him onto his back and glared at the ceiling when he began to pet his hair. Though, it was hard for him to do that, since one of his weaknesses was having his hair stroked.

"Well, you are pretty hot ..."

"Ew."

"Hey." Roman pointed at London accusingly. "I have to live with the visual reminder of your boyfriend's conduct, which I'm still kinda salty about, so you can put up with me flirting with mine."

"Hey, don't lie, you're excited to have a niece or nephew."

"Have you picked any names yet?" Roman sat up to resume his position against the pillows and pull Samuel into his lap with ease.

"You can tell them," London told Evan, her arms laced around his shoulders lovingly.

Roman coming out of his mood to pull Samuel into his lap was a very nice turn of events in Samuel's opinion. He made himself cozy, grabbed Roman's arms and pulled them around himself. Because he liked being held by his boyfriend and his embrace warmed him in the cold weather.

"Well if it's a girl we'll probably go with like Allison, right?" Evan said, excitedly, but looked at London for confirmation before continuing, "and for a boy something simple like Eric, but that one's still a work in progress"

Samuel wondered if they were just disagreeing about the boy's name and settling with something plain they could both live with or if that was just an option they hadn't completely decided on yet.

"I like Allison," Samuel told the couple, who were cuddled up just as comfortably as he and Roman was, "It's cute, now I'm kind of hoping they'll be a girl"

r o m a n
"Allison." Roman tasted the name on his lips, as if he was trying to decide whether or not he considered it a worthy enough name of his potential niece. But, he did really like it. He gave it his nod of approval. "It's cute, bubba," he assured his sister, using his pet name for her, and ruffling her hair,

London beamed, glowing both with pregnancy and with happiness at the affection she was receiving. She poked Evan until he sat up and perched herself like a princess in his lap, as if he were her throne, and laced her arms around his neck.

"I agree. It's very cute."

"Way to toot your own horn."

London stuck her tongue out, showing her tongue piercing. Roman showed his own in response.

Life continued with nothing really too noteworthy happening after the baby's first kicks, of course London and Evan had finally found out if their child would be a girl or a boy but no matter how much Samuel threatened to reveal embarrassing things about Evan to London his friend wouldn't spill. Other than that though, things we're pretty normal until the second of September rolled around which meant it was the day of Roman's and London's birthday.

Since Roman cared a lot more about celebrating his birthday than Samuel, Samuel was going to make sure to celebrate him and make him feel special on his day. And London's day, but he wasn't about to shower her with kisses and affection.

Samuel had long since given up trying to help him in the preparations for his and London's party though, he was really more in the way than anything, but was still leaning against the couch in the living room of the Hemlock household, ready to do something if needed, as it was closing in on the time guests were to arrive. Evan was just kind of following London around in case she needed help as well, being a little over protective over his pregnant girlfriend.

"so, what kind of people can we expect?" Samuel asked Roman casually as he passed him, with all the planning involved he assumed there would be more than the usual crew with the addition of London's friends he didn't really know, but he was still wondering how many of them he had met before. Probably not all that many as the only other time he had met any people in Roman's extended circle of friends had been during the pride event and that one time they had ran into Brontë as well, he supposed.

r o m a n
Today was the day.

Roman and London definitely cared a lot more about their birthday than most people did. London shared her twin's dramatic flair when it came to special occasions, so for the past three weeks, the twins had been planning their eighteenth, and finally, the second of September had arrived.

"Um, everyone," Roman answered his boyfriend as he pulled the fairy lights out of the cupboard in the lounge room. He began to usher everyone out, the small group of four making their way into the backyard.

"He's kidding, there's probably only going to be, like, twenty people or something," London assured Samuel as she carried bowls of snacks out to the table that sat just outside the back door, covered by a roof that they used to shelter themselves from rain and sun if they wanted to eat outside. Roman had banned his very pregnant sister from lifting anything heavy or doing anything risky so she as confined to snack-fetching and drink-pouring, and Roman wasn't going to budge. She was six months pregnant -- it was like there was a beach ball under her sweater, though, Roman had to admit, she was handling it well.

"More than twenty." Roman approached one of the wooden pillars holding the overhanging roof up and began to fasten one end of the fairy lights to a hook. He was so tall, he was almost hitting his head on the roof anyway so he didn't need to stand on anything.

"Samuel, if you and Evan could hang the other fairy lights on the clothesline and around the sheds, that'd be great. London and I need to go get changed."

With a slight grin, Samuel uttered an intrigued "Oooh" sound as he grabbed the fairy lights so the twins could go get changed. While the sound was a joking one Samuel was actually always excited to see what his boyfriend chose to wear when putting in some extra effort on top his normal amount of effort which always made him look amazing, to begin with.

When the twins had left Evan rolled his eyes a little at Samuel's reaction, simply because he was even less into clothes than Samuel was. At least he had had the decency to wear a pair of jeans instead of Adidas pants. Samuel still gave him a friendly shove and urged him to help with putting up the fairy lights instead.

"I can't believe we scored twins" Evan half joked "isn't that like best bro goals"

Now it was Samuels turn to roll his eyes.

"I can't believe you just said that," Samuel groaned at how cringy he found Evan's words "You're such a guy"

His friend simply shrugged and laughed because he couldn't disagree and because he knew Samuel had gotten the expression from his mum telling him that whenever he failed to do basic household chores. Samuel grinned along and they proceeded to instead chat about soccer while hanging up the rest of the lights and waiting for their boy and girlfriend.

r o m a n
It was Roman's birthday so he was going all out.

He dressed in a thin galaxy-style T-shirt with some white triangles on the chest, his black leather jacket and his usual black skinny jeans. He wore royal purple lace-up Converse sneakers, swapped all his usually black piercings for gold ones and swapped his tongue piercing for a purple one. He put faint silver glitters in his hair and did his makeup by applying a mix of pink and purple eyeshadows over his lids and under his lashline, and put some of the holographic highlighters he'd picked up in Melbourne on his cheekbones, nose and upper lip. His actual lips were treated to just a little clear gloss.

London looked exceptionally pretty, too. She wore a pink dress with a white sweater that rested over her swollen belly, and she let Roman do her makeup. He applied basic foundation, contour, highlight and blush but did a pretty, baby pink eyeshadow look, complimented by a nude lipstick. The twins looked nice.

Roman came out at the same time as his sister, snuck up behind Samuel and grabbed him around the waist and kissed him affectionately on the neck.

"We have returned. People should be getting here in, like, ten minutes, so tell me if I need to change anything."

London rolled her eyes at her mother and went to stand beside her own boyfriend. She did a little twirl for him. "How do I look? Ignore that I'm pregnant for a second."

Samuel smiled brightly as soon as he felt Roman's hands on his waist and his lips on his neck, he turned his face slightly, seeing the pretty colours of Roman's make up but not much more seeing as he so rudely had decided to sneak up behind him.

He did, however, have a full view of London and Samuel bet Evan regretted that eye roll now, because even he seemed to be able to see how pretty his girlfriend was in the dress judging by the smile on his face as she twirled around for him.

"You look absolutely adorable, and amazing," he grabbed one of London's hands and spun her around for another twirl as if they were dancing before pulling her close "and that's without ignoring you being pregnant, cus you'll always be the prettiest, pregnant or not"

While Evan was busy kissing London Samuel turned around to finally give Roman a proper look. Everything from the shimmery makeup and different piercings to the matching clothes made him look a hundred percent him and thus way to gorgeous.

In Samuel's opinion, Roman definitely was the prettiest, but he supposed he was biased.

"Yeah, no. No need to change. At all." had Samuel been taller he would have kissed Romans forehead in an attempt to avoid messing up his makeup, but since that wasn't the case he placed a kiss on his jawline. He would properly ruin the makeup with kisses at some point, but probably not until they were behind closed doors, "You look very gorgeous"

r o m a n
Roman carefully watched Evan compliment London, making sure that his sister's boyfriend and baby daddy treated her like the princess she was. London seemed to be happy with her treatment as she positively glowed when he twirled her and happily pulled Evan in for a kiss.

Roman was about to make some joke about leaving room for the Holy Spirit but Samuel claimed his attention before he could say anything of the sort. Roman grinned. It wasn't that Samuel never complimented him, but rather, he especially enjoyed the special birthday compliments since he was already in such a good mood.

"You look fucking great too," Roman assured Samuel, playfully smacking his ass just as the back door burst open and the first of their guests arrived.

"Roman, you look old as shit!" Elliot said loudly, stepping outside in an all-black ensemble. He was followed by Bella, who looked pretty in a green dress, and Blake, who looked like her usual rocker self. Elliot and the girls dumped their presents on the table designated for such, which already held the gifts from Evan, Samuel, and the twins to each other.

"Hey, asshole," Roman said to his friend.

"London, you look lovely, as always," Elliot said as he gave Roman a hug, and then moved to do the same to London. Though, he picked her up and she squealed playfully.

"Holy shit, you're still alive?" Elliot snickered to Evan. "I'm surprised Roman hasn't killed you yet."

Samuel's cheeks probably heated up slightly, and would probably have half-heartedly complained if the rest of the gang hadn't come barging in through the door. He let it slip, since he enjoyed any kind of affection from his boyfriend, even if it got him flustered, and just watched Elliot loudly greet everyone.

"Right? I'm just as surprised as you" Evan laughed, but his eyes did flicker over to Roman with a bit of worry. Samuel didn't think he had too much of a reason to fear for his life right now though, Roman seemed to be in an excellent mood with it being his birthday and since he was treating London well he seemed to be somewhat on Roman's good side, "I was expecting to be chopped up and in plastic bags by now"

"shh! Don't give him ideas!" Samuel warned Evan with a, they were all joking but it was probably better for Evan's sake if they avoided reminding Roman that he had a reason to threaten him as much as possible. Although Samuel had to admit it was always fun to see his friend squirm a little, he kind of still deserved it for being stupid after all, "Do you know how much effort it takes to get deter him from his murderous thoughts?"