[Samuel x Roman]

r o m a n
As soon as they rounded the corner and saw London with two girls Roman didn't recognise, he grew suspicious, and stopped with Evan and Samuel to see what was going on. London looked distraught, and she was facing her locker to avoid looking the two girls in the eye. Though, she was crying.

And Roman could hear what the girls were saying.

"Do you even know who the father of your child is, you slut?"

"Have fun bludging off government support your entire life."

"At least you have an excuse for being fat now."

"I bet you just let anyone sleep with you, you're not as good-looking as your brother so you just take who you can get ..."

And then, one of the girls shoved London. She stumbled a couple of steps and frantically caught onto the handle of the locker beside hers to prevent herself from falling onto her stomach, with a look of panic on her face. She knew that if things escalated, something could happen to her baby.

And Roman knew that too.

Roman immediately dropped Samuel's hand and stormed forward, a look of total and utter anger on his face as he helped his sister up with strikingly contradictory gentleness. "Are you okay?" he asked her heatedly, looking her over for any injuries.

"I'm fine," she whimpered.

Roman very carefully pressed her into Evan's arms, where she stood, shaking slightly from the shock of being physically attacked, before he turned on the two girls.

"So I don't know how you two cunts grew up -- maybe you live in houses where your dads hit your mums when they were pregnant with you and that explains the obvious brain damage you have -- but in the real fucking world, where our brains aren't being eaten by syphilis, we do not shove pregnant women."

It was clear in Roman's voice and body language that this was the angriest he had ever been. He wasn't yelling, or shouting, or snapping, but he was speaking in the most quiet and calm voice ever heard on a human being, that the two girls looked terrified. His entire body was shaking from head to toe, and his face was still expressing the complete and total rage he was feeling. He was flexing his fingers rapidly because he was one second away from actually punching one of them in the face.

"So if either of you deadbeat, dole-bludging whores ever even look at my sister or her baby again, they won't fucking find your used-up, drug-addled bodies, because there will be nothing left of you to find. Do you understand, or do I need to speak slowly for you to be able to comprehend basic speech patterns?"

The girls looked scared shitless, which was understandable, because most people would be terrified if a freakishly-tall man boiling over with rage was threatening them in the most serious tone imaginable. Roman couldn't even imagine what Evan, the father of the child, was feeling. He hoped Evan said something. No, he'd be even angrier if Evan didn't say anything.

Evan pulled London close as soon as Roman had made sure she was okay, and while Roman was busy verbally beating them up Evan placed one hand on London's stomach and one wiping away her tears while whispering something reassuring in her ear Samuel couldn't pick up. Which was partially due to Samuel being busy listening to Roman threatening the girls, literally shaking with anger as he did, he was probably angrier than Samuel had ever seen him before.

"I can guarantee that she do know who the father is" Evan started as soon as Roman was done, not letting go of his girlfriend, voice steady but dripping the rage "and if you ever think of touching her again, I will fucking kill you."

Evan was usually the kind of person to laugh anger off and move on as quick as possible, so seeing him like this was pretty uncommon. He looked just as ready to launch forward as Roman was, honestly, had he not been holding London in that moment one at least one of the girls would have probably had a bloody nose by then.

"Seriously, I don't care if you're girls or whatever, come close to her and you're dead"

Now that London was in safety in Evans' arm and protected by her brother's words Samuel was starting to feel more worried about his friend and boyfriend doing something stupid. That was the third death threat. Samuel knew neither of them would actually kill them, but he didn't know how far they would go if they were allowed to either.

Not that the girls didn't deserve to be fucking destroyed after daring to do something to such a sweet girl as London, but Samuel didn't want to see them expelled either.

r o m a n
"Sh - sh - she didn't even fall!" one of the girls -- the one who had shoved London -- said in her own defence. She pointed at London with a slightly shaky hand. London whimpered again and wrapped both arms around Evan's neck, hiding her face in his chest, obviously needing his presence for reassurance.

"What?" Roman asked in a very quiet voice.

"She didn't even fall!" the girl repeated. "She caught herself, she's fine!"

"And what if she hadn't caught herself, hm?" Roman said in the same quiet voice, though he took a step forward and the girls both shrunk backward. "What if she hadn't caught herself? She'd have fallen on her stomach and something could have fucking happened to her, or her baby, did you ever think of THAT?"

Roman's voice was raising with every stressed word until he was eventually yelling and people were looking.

"So, if you ever even look at her again --"

"Roman!"

Elliot and Blake appeared out of seemingly nowhere -- or maybe they had been there for ages and Roman just hadn't noticed. Elliot gripped Roman by the shirt and pushed him away from the two girls so he didn't do anything stupid. "What the fuck is going on?"

"These two bitches," Roman spat, "were giving London unnecessary shit and then that fucking cunt --" he pointed at the girl who had shoved London, "-- pushed her and had the audacity to defend herself."

Elliot looked disgusted and turned around to say something, but Blake got in first and straight-up punched the girl in the face, hard, and there was suddenly blood everywhere because Blake was strong for a female, and she wore a lot of rings. Her friend screamed, and the couple of people still in the hallway -- friends of Roman's who had seen what had happened -- just walked away. No one was going to interfere.

"You're not going to tell anyone about that," Blake said sweetly to the two girls, "because you know nothing will happen to me. I didn't shove the sergeant's pregnant daughter."

The two girls ran away.

As soon as Roman's voice was getting louder Samuel realized that that was the angriest he had ever seen his boyfriend. He had never really seen him yell before. Never seen him so filled with rage he couldn't contain it, that he needed to be pulled back before he did something.

Samuel would never want to end up on the receiving end of that anger, because honestly, it was kind of terrifying, even more so because he knew how his anger usually looked. Calm and collected, aware of the situation and still able to control himself pretty well.

Even if the girls certainly deserved every word, threat and the raised voice Samuel wanted him to go back to at least being his calm and rational kind of angry, because this kind of rage freaked him out a little.

He firmly grabbed the hand Roman had let go to run to London's aid before. He wasn't sure if it would really do anything to calm him down, in that moment he was pretty sure London being okay would do a better job of that, but while not hurt she still seemed shaken, still wrapped in Evan's arms for comfort.

"Thank you, you have no idea how bad I wanted to do that," Evan looked seriously grateful over the fact that Blake had just punched the girl. Samuel kind of was too, since it was what had stopped his boyfriend from doing something he shouldn't while at the same giving her what she deserved.

r o m a n
Samuel's hand in his own did help Roman quite a lot, enough to be able to pry Elliot's hands off his shirt and turn around to look at his sister, who was still very much shaken up from the events of the afternoon. He very gently put a hand on her shoulder, and she peeked at him.

"Are you okay?"
Roman said in a whisper. His voice was calm and collected again, and it was obvious that the anger was seeping out of him, but he was still incredibly distraught over the entire thing. And exhausted -- completely, totally and utterly emotionally exhausted.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I'm just ... it scared me," London said softly.

She wasn't going to say it out loud, but Roman knew that he had scared her a little, too.

He pulled away, pushed a hand through his hair and nodded. "Come on," he said to the small group, leading them all out of the building, through the trees and to the chain-link fence that closed off the school. He followed it until he found a long gap in the fence and ducked through it, leaving the school boundaries because it was suffocating him. He lead his friends for about three minutes through the beautiful Australian bush to a collection of small logs and sat down beside Samuel on one of them.

"If any of you are scared of me now, just tell me." Roman turned his head to face Samuel, though he didn't open his eyes. "I ... I had really bad anger issues in primary school, so I was kind of like that all the time."

Samuel gently ran his hand down Roman's cheek and placed a small kiss on the other, he couldn't see because his eyes were closed but Samuel was giving him a reassuring smile.

"I'm not" Samuel spoke for the first time in a good while, there had been so much going on he really hadn't known what to say really, but he didn't want his boyfriend to think he was ever scared of him. Because he wasn't, and he was sure no one else there was either.

Anger in general scared Samuel slightly however, and by that he meant the kind of anger Roman had shown now, the kind of anger the person didn't seem to be able to control because he associated it with being hit, or dragged up the stairs with no concerns if he fell, or pulled down to eye level by his hair.

But it wasn't like he was planning on doing something that could warrant that kind of rage either. So it was okay.

"Honestly, I think everyone was really angry," Samuel said, making sure to let him know that he had had all right to be angry this time, whether that had been because he had had trouble controlling it in the past or not.

"Yeah dude, I'm still pissed" Evan agreed from where he sat with an arm around London.

r o m a n
"I mean, I probably would have punched her if Blake hadn't," said Elliot. Roman knew he'd never hit a female but still, they had all been angry enough to do it.

"Yeah, you have no idea how much it took me not to hit her again."

"Thank you," Roman said to Blake. When he was younger, he simply would have hit the girl and not thought about it. But he was older now, and had a lot more self control. Still, he had been angry enough to know that he didn't know what he would have done. And even if the bitch had shoved his pregnant sister, Roman would have felt horrible for hitting a female.

"Don't mention it." Blake pulled her water bottle out of her bag and poured the cool liquid over her bloodied fist, washing off her rings. "Really, boxing doesn't start again for another two weeks so I needed to keep up."

Roman chuckled, pulled Samuel into his lap and rested his head against his boyfriend's chest, simply concentrating on the steady rhythm of his heartbeat to he;p him calm down further. He opened his eyes after a couple of minutes and looked over to his sister, who was curled up against Evan's chest with slightly wide eyes and her hands on her stomach.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just -- when she pushed me, the baby started kicking like crazy and hasn't stopped yet ..."

After some more reassuring word from the rest of his friend Samuel let Roman rest against his chest, gently petting his soft hair as he calmed down. Everything feeling very peaceful and pleasant until Roman noticed London was looking a little of.

Samuel watched as Evan placed a careful hand next to London's own, his eyes widening a little as he felt the baby kicking unusually much.

"That's just because you got worked up, thought?" Samuel said, more a question than anything, he had no idea how those kinds of things worked, but it kind of made sense that the baby would get affected by their mother getting scared.

"Yeah, it'll probably calm down in a little while, right?" Evan didn't sound too sure either and he turned his slightly worried glance from London's stomach and the baby to her face as he asked, "You're sure you're okay?" just to make sure.

r o m a n
"I ... I don't know," London said quietly, sitting up a little straighter and keeping one hand on her stomach while she pushed the other through her curly brown hair. "I think ..."

She trailed off, and her eyes slid closed as she fainted, slumping against Evan's chest.

Roman, Elliot and Blake snapped into motion at exactly the same time and whatever exhaustion Roman had been feeling only moments previously was completely replaced with utter panic for his sister and her child. He practically threw Samuel off him and lurched over to London, cradling her face in his hands and then shaking her shoulders as he broke into tears for the first time in months.

"London!" he said frantically.

Elliot came over to pull him away because he wasn't helping as Blake called Roman's mother, who would be on her lunch break. Roman was sitting on the floor, silently crying, as Elliot tried to console him.

"Right, Mrs Hemlock says that Evan and Samuel need to carry her to the back oval where she's going to bring the car so no one sees and overcrowds her," Blake said in a calm voice, but it was evident that she was worried for her friend, too.

London fainting was probably the worst turn of event that could happen, suddenly everyone was running around, and Roman was crying which was just as horrible to see as it was to know London might not be okay.

Samuel really wanted to tell him London would be alright and that he didn't have to worry, he wanted to tell Evan that as well. Actually, he just wanted to know that she would be okay in general. But he didn't so he couldn't say that even to give them comfort right now.

All he could do was to sit down next to Roman where Elliot was already comforting him and rub his arm and kiss his temple until they received instructions from Mrs. Hemlock through Blake. At which point Samuel stood quickly as getting London to the hospital was priority number one.

"Can you carry her?" Samuel asked Evan seriously, because he could see his friend was freaking out from the way he his eyes were flickering around trying to think of what to do occasionally blinking shut tight to stop any tears, even if he wasn't down on the ground crying like Roman.

"Of course I can" Evan snapped, another sign that he was struggling to keep it together.

"Calm down," Samuel said firmly, him freaking out too wouldn't help right now, and they really needed to get London to Mrs Hemlock as fast as possible. Evan seemed to recognize that and just nodded without any further remarks before they both went to lift up the girl and started carrying her back to school grounds over to the oval.

r o m a n
Elliot helped Roman to his feet as Samuel and Evan picked London up and began to carry her towards the back oval of the school. Roman followed right behind them, Elliot and Blake coming to make sure that Roman didn't lose his shit and just make the entire situation worse. He appreciated that. He wasn't going to be calm at all in this moment.

The back oval was out of bounds to students at lunchtime, and thankfully, it was close to where they had gone so it was really the best place to take London. Ingrid was already there, with the family's van, which they had literally only purchased because of Roman and his long legs. She opened the side door and helped the boys lay London down in the middle row of seats.

"Okay, you two," she said to Evan and Samuel since Roman was still in hysterics, slipping into the back row with Elliot, who was still holding him together, "stay on the floor of the car so she doesn't roll down. Blake, call the hospital and let them know we're coming, so they can have a stretcher waiting."

Soon, they arrived at the Maryborough Hospital and a couple of nurses and doctors helped the still unconscious London onto a stretcher. She was rolled into a private room with the doctors where they could perform ultrasounds on her womb and check her vitals and everything. No one else was allowed in, and they were condemned to the waiting room, which Roman hated.

He couldn't sit still, so he just paced back and forth in front of everyone else while he continued to cry silently and panic about his twin. London was one of the few people who could invoke this kind of emotional reaction out of him -- Brooklyn couldn't, but London was his twin and she was obviously closer.

Blake seemed to be the only one who was completely calm, since Ingrid was also crying and Elliot was restless as he watched Roman pace. She leaned over and touched Evan's arm. "You okay?"

The car ride to the hospital was almost just as terrible as waiting for the doctors and nurses to check on London. Only they couldn't even see London at all now, on top of not knowing if she would be okay or not. Roman was pacing back and forth, still crying, and Samuel stood, nervously tapping his foot, and leaning against a wall close to him in case Roman decided he needed the comfort.

Evan was being the total opposite Roman in that moment. Sitting stiff with a clenched jaw, not crying, just staring intensely at the door. He didn't Even turn to Blake when she showed him some concern, so lost in his own thought Samuel thought he wouldn't answer her at all.

He did manage to answer though.

"yeah, I'm fine" He was very obviously not fine, because his voice broke slightly as he spoke and Samuel suspected he was keeping it short to avoid crying.

Then it continued to be quiet, save for Ingrid and Romans crying and the tapping of Samuels foot until after what felt like forever a doctor came out to finally tell them what was going on.

"She is still unconscious, but other than that both the baby and her seems to be doing okay, we can probably put it down to stress and a sudden rush of adrenaline" Everyone was dead silent as the Doctor continued to speak, "But we would need to know what happened to say for sure if this would have a possibility to happen again"

Last edited:
r o m a n
Finally, after what seemed like an actual eternity, the doctor came out to see them. Roman went to Samuel's side and gripped his hand so tight that his hand would be purple already if Samuel were gripping it with the same amount of force. Ingrid sat up and looked at the doctor expectantly. Elliot and Blake looked concerned, too.

The doctor asked what had happened and Roman felt an overwhelming wave of nausea hit him, so hard that he slumped back against the wall and had to close his eyes for a moment. He knew this was the start of an anxiety attack, one that had been waiting to happen since London had been shoved, but Roman fought it back for the moment. His sister was more important.

"She ... some girls were making fun of her and one of them shoved her," Roman explained in a very calm, very quiet and very weak voice, to the doctor. He kept his eyes firmly closed, though, they didn't need to be open to hear his mother gasp.

"She caught herself so she didn't get hurt, but I guess the stress made her faint. I don't know. You're the doctor."

If anything happened to London or her child, Roman knew he wouldn't be able to function. London was more than his sister, she was his twin, his best friend, the person he'd shared his entire life with and would probably share the rest of it with. And that baby, no matter how much Roman had initially hated the circumstances, was his niece or nephew. He loved them unconditionally already.

Ingrid stood up, pulled her phone and excused herself from the room. Roman knew that she was calling her husband.

Samuel let Roman hold his hand even if it was so hard it was painful as the doctor spoke, anything to make him feel better. Though really worried Samuel was still somewhat calm by now he was pretty confident London would be okay, since they all knew it really was outside forces that had stressed her out.

But when Roman told what had happened his voice came out wasn't right and Samuel knew that. It was too weak and he already seemed to be struggling to even keep himself remotely together, eyes closed and leaning against the wall.

"…Well if that's the case you shouldn't need to be too worried, " The doctor said, obviously a little taken aback by what had happened, but he had probably heard worse and just continued to give them information as professionally as he could "have someone talk to Mrs. Hemlock about the details when she's back, but then it really is just stress caused by being shoved, perfectly normal, as long as things like that keeps happening she will be okay"

"You heard that, right?" Samuel mumbled, placing a hand very carefully on the side of his boyfriend's face, trying to reassure him before it got worse, before he fell apart and Samuel couldn't do anything but sit beside him and wait it out, "she's okay, it's just a one-time thing, nothing's wrong"

"Can we see her?" Evan spoke suddenly, his voice didn't break now and he was standing up now, Samuel hadn't noticed him move because he had been so focused on Roman, he still was, because Evan although still obviously worried was handling the whole situation quite well in Samuels opinion.

The doctor repeated that she was still unconscious and that she needed some peace and quiet, but that he supposed it would be alright as long as they stayed calm.

r o m a n
London was going to be okay. Wonderful.

"I can't see her right now," Roman said to everyone in the same weak tone, before forcing his eyes open and looking at Evan. "You see her first."

He then looked at Blake and Elliot. "Can you two talk to my mum when she gets back?"

They nodded. Roman thanked them, gripped Samuel's hand and walked with him until they reached one of the small bathrooms, the kind that only had one toilet and one sink. He pulled his boyfriend inside, let go of his hand, locked the door, and broke.

Honestly, Roman was surprised he had managed to last that long.

He sunk to the ground and let out a succession of deep, wretched, throaty coughs that eventually silenced themselves, but were replaced with the ragged and forced breathing he'd shown on that first day, the first time he'd ever had an anxiety attack in front of Samuel. The edges of his face quickly turned purple and he leaned against the wall as he closed his eyes again, one hand on his throat as he fought for air.

Samuel followed Roman without even questioning him. He knew what was about to happen and he absolutely dreaded it. Of course Roman was feeling what Samuel could only imagine was a million times worse. So he followed, got pulled into the bathroom and watched as Roman broke in front of him. As he slid down on the ground and struggled to even breathe.

Samuel didn't think he'd ever get used to seeing Roman in such a state. It was like he never knew what to do. Except he had witnessed it twice now, and the first time he had learnt not to touch him and the second he had learnt not to keep too much distance just in case it would escalate further.

The bathroom was small though, so it'd be hard for him to get to anything before Samuel could get to him, but it also meant it was hard not to be too close to him. Samuel sat down as far way as the small room allowed him, it still meant he had to put some effort into not touch him by keeping completely still.

Watching over him, not only in case he would hurt himself, but also in case he really wouldn't get enough air and actually faint.

r o m a n
After a few seconds Roman regained the ability to breathe, but he was now sobbing again, his cheeks damp with his own tears as he trembled from head to toe. The bathroom was small enough -- or maybe his legs were long enough -- for him to almost viciously kick out at the opposite wall, and it really hurt, but he ignored that and hit the wall with his hand instead.

You're so pathetic, you can't even protect your sister. She's passed out and in the hospital because you couldn't protect her. Fuck, even Brooklyn would be able to protect her. You can't. You're so fucking pathetic. You're so fucking --

Roman let out a loud, choked grunting noise, and hit himself on the side of the head with his fist. This was one of the times when he wished he could just sleep for the rest of time. He was taking his meds, but he lost control anyway, which just proved the fact that he couldn't even trust his medication.

"What's wrong with me?"

In a way hearing him say that was even worse that seeing him cry and struggle. Because it was a small window into what he was thinking, and what he was thinking was thinking was something Samuel didn't ever want him to think. Because it wasn't true.

"Roman, Listen to me," Samuel started after swallowing hard so that he could keep his voice steady and clear, "There is nothing wrong with you, It's okay if you get anxiety, especially in a moment like this… It's fine, no one blames you for that. And you still stayed until you knew London was safe and told the doctor what had happened even if you were feeling like this"

Samuel took a deep breath to be able to continue without letting his own tears flow, seeing Roman cry and feel bad just automatically made him want to cry as well. But he wouldn't do that right now, not when Roman needed him to keep composed.

"That's so strong, Roman," he said, and he said it with absolute confidence despite how emotional he felt, because it was the truth "You're strong and there's nothing wrong with you and I love you so much"

While talking Samuel had very carefully grabbed Roman's hands, one in each of his own. It wasn't for support or comfort because he knew it could make it all worse, but he just didn't want him to hit himself again, Samuel knew even bruising could be dangerous for his boyfriend, so he couldn't sit by and let him do things like that.

"Tell me if I should let go, I just don't want you to get hurt, okay." He explained, giving Roman the option to tell him to back off in case he didn't think he would hurt himself but still needed the space.

r o m a n
Roman listened to Samuel, but in this moment, the words did not mean anything. They weren't true. Everything was wrong with him -- he wasn't strong, he was weak. He wasn't normal, he was a freak, Ricky had been right all those months ago, there was something wrong with him. He didn't deserve Samuel's love. He didn't deserve anyone's love.

Then Samuel took his hands. Roman looked at their interlocked fingers, and then looked at Samuel, with puffy red eyes and tear-stained cheeks. Immediately, his hands closed around the other's so tightly that if Roman was in any state of mind he probably would have been worried that he was hurting his boyfriend.

Samuel made him feel calm enough to talk properly now.

"Why are you still with me?" he asked quietly. "All I do is make more problems for you. You always have to worry about me and my fucking anxiety and my fucking haemophilia and my fucking everything else."

"Because I love you,"

Samuel wanted it to be enough of a reason, but right now it didn't seem to be enough, Roman couldn't see why Samuel would love him in that moment and that was what made the tears overflow for Samuel. He still didn't want that to happen though, so he sniffled and closed his eyes for a couple of seconds. When he opened them again he put on a small smile again. And it wasn't a fake one, even if seeing Roman like this made him feel totally devastated, because he was thinking of all the reasons he loved his boyfriend and that just always made him smile.

"I love you with your anxiety, hemophilia, and everything else," he said, voice a little thicker "And I love you for your kindness and all your talents and humor, and personality"

He sniffled again, but made sure to blink away the tears properly as he continued.

"cus you make me so happy, make me feel like I can be myself, and I just know that without you I'd be so fucking lost. And I want to worry about you when you're not alright because I know you worry about me too, like when I felt bad after the trial and with Daisy. We worry about each other. So it's okay"

Last edited: