[Samuel x Roman]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
r o m a n
Roman shot Samuel a look that said "I have no idea". Really, he didn't. He had gathered that Elissa was naturally a very flirty person. She didn't even mean to do it, however, much like Roman himself, so he was unable to tell if there was any underlying intention when it came to Matthew. He was also unable to tell what Matthew was thinking, but Roman was used to that.

Roman held out his hand for Lola and the bunny came to sniff it, before hopping over to Elissa. The Irish girl gave the creature some little pats to the head, making sure to be very gentle. She smiled and giggled when Lola snuffled her fingers. "Cutie."

Lola then decided to go investigate a pair of shoes so Elissa laid down on her stomach, holding herself up by her elbows. This position accentuated the curve of her figure, and she crossed her ankles up in the air. She then looked over at Matthew.

"I see you've got some hipster-nerd thing going on. Its nice. I like your glasses. Now tell me, is it all for show or do you actually read? Please say you read, and that you've read Pygmalion because I need someone to discuss it with."

"Well no, I can't say I have," Matthew started, readjusting his glasses as if he suddenly was much more aware of them after the girl had mentioned them, "but I do read... And I'm always open to suggestions? If you tell me what it's about I could read it. Pygmalion like in Greek mythology, right?"

It was now Samuel realized the situation reminded him slightly of what had happened with Blake, only Elissa seemed to be the one to try to initiate conversation, with Matthew eagerly, or as eagerly as he could manage to sound, responding, clearly not minding conversation with her.

Matthew had told him that the whole thing with Blake had been an interest in friendship and Samuel just figured this was the same, although, It felt a little different. Maybe because Elissa seemed to actually want to talk to him or maybe because Matthew was glancing over at her more sparingly, keeping focus on the kitten, frowning a little as if conflicted about the whole thing.

r o m a n
"Nah, different Pygmalion. You ever seen My Fair Lady with Audrey Hepburn? It's literally that except without the music. This phoenetics professor takes in this Cockney girl and teaches her how to speak and how to act like a lady."

Roman was listening because he had had no idea that Elissa was this intellectual. He had known the girl was more than a pretty face and glorious body, but he hadn't known that she liked to read or that she liked to discuss literature. If he had, then he totally would have engaged her in conversation beforehand.

"It poses some really interesting questions. Like, does the professor, Higgins, have any claim over the girl when he basically remade her from a flower girl to a lady? Should social class and speech habits dictate how you are treated? It's really good. We're studying it in my literature class but I have a spare copy, you can borrow it if you like."

For a moment when Elissa started talking like the really intelligent person she apparently was Matthew looked just a tad surprised for a moment before his expression turned neutral as he listened carefully to what she was saying. Samuel was a little surprised too, he wasn't one to generalize but at first glance, Elissa wouldn't seem like that kind of person. It was nice to know this though and Samuel instantly liked her a little more because that meant he knew they had some common ground if she ever were to visit again in the future.

"I took English before deciding to do history exclusively, and in my linguistics class we ended up reading quite a lot about sociolects and whatnot, learning how the different accents and dialects developed really puts it in perspective how weird it is that you would judge someone based on it, "
Mathew said, showing that he was willing to discuss just about anything, trying to relate it to something he did know about since he hadn't read the book, "It's not really my genre, but I've been branching out a lot lately and that honestly sounds kind of interesting, I really wouldn't mind borrowing it,"

Matthew was getting back slightly to his usual self now that he was engaged in conversation, and Samuel almost shrugged a little because maybe he had been reading into his friend's behaviour too much.

r o m a n
"I know, it's weird to think that some people genuinely think they're other people just because they speak differently," Elissa agreed. "Like, I'm Irish, I have an Irish accent, and therefore a million stereotypes are stuck to me as soon as I open my mouth. And I have no way to avoid this. It's absurd. I'll have to drop that book off to you at some point."

Roman glanced at Samuel out of the corner of his eye. Clearly Elissa and Matthew were getting along a lot better than they had predicted. Not that that was a bad thing, of course. In fact, it was likely a good thing. Matthew needed more friends and Elissa probably wanted an excuse to come over more often.

"But enough about that, you do history? That's so cool! I love history. I like medieval European history, like, the feudal system and whatnot. But I also did a lot of stuff on 20th century history in high school that I really liked, like Hitler and the Cold War and apartheid in South Africa. It's all so interesting."

When Samuel got a glance from Roman he actually shrugged, it was better than they unexpectedly got along than not so he wasn't about to complain, instead he shuffled a little closer to Roman and leaned against him while holding out a hand for Lola to come sniff again while they listened to their friends speaking to each other.

"Yeah, I mean I'm planning on trying to end up with a doctors degree in history at some point, so I really love it too, It really is interesting," Matthew started, he was clearly getting in to things he was passionate about, "I used to be really into the mediaeval stuff when I was younger, I mean I still find it interesting, but I've really gotten more into the more modern" he made air quotes around the word modern, "history, like 19th century and forward. I really love reading about the waves of mass emigrations from Europe of that time, because there are literally books written about specific families describing their entire journey to America, and the relatives of those families can still be tracked down and some of the older people still speak the languages of their great grandparents,"

Samuel had heard Matthew talk about this subject before but didn't tune out since he obviously liked history too, since he was planning on teaching it after all.

"and yeah the 20th century is really interesting too, not just with the wars but with things like apartheid like you said, and the women's rights movements, oh and the lgbt rights movement, is really interesting as well even if it's so close to present time"

r o m a n
Elissa and Matthew ended up chattering about history for what seemed like hours, but was really only about thirty minutes. During those thirty minutes, Samuel and Roman had properly introduced Lola to their two other pets, let Lady and Malfoy go so they could play with the bunny, restocked all the pets' bowls and Roman had started on dinner.

"Hey, are you two ever going to stop discussing the Persian Empire?" Roman called out to the two nerds good-naturedly. "I need to know how much pasta to make -- and yes, Matthew, it's vegan, I don't know if you're still supporting Gabi with that but she was here the other day and I wanna use up the lasagne sheets I got for her."

"Oooooh, I love lasagne. Will you stay for dinner?" Elissa asked Matthew sweetly.

"You're only allowed to stay if you discuss something other than the fucking Persian Empire."

"Fine. We'll talk about the Roman Empire."

"Much better. We share a name."

Matthew seemed to be unsure if he really was allowed to stay and looked at Samuel to silently ask. Samuel just nodded with a smile and so Matthew said, "Well I don't eat it as exclusively as I used to but I still try to eat it more than normal, so if you want to use that as an excuse to use them go ahead," Samuel was pretty sure it that was Matthew trying his best to be nice with Roman which really made him happy.

The rest of the evening went by pretty quickly, Elissa and Matthew moved on from history to books again, which was a conversation they all could partake in. Of course, things weren't perfect between Roman and Matthew, but even if Matthew wasn't really talking to much with Roman specifically he was clearly making an effort not to do his usual thing of rolling his eyes and disagreeing with half of the things Roman said. It was a start at least.

"I think I should get going, I have an early lecture tomorrow,"
Matthew said once the dishes were put away, then he stood quiet for a while as he contemplated what to say next and Samuel waited patiently, but Matthew turned to Elissa instead, "Do you need a ride home?"

r o m a n
Elissa blinked a couple of times, before she smiled and nodded, her blonde ponytail swishing. "Sure," she said happily. "Just let me get my things."

Elissa put on her sparkly slider shoes, located her tan handbag and slipped on her white jacket. She then went to Roman and kissed him on the cheek, before doing the same to Samuel. She had done that to the both of them quite a few times. It was just something she did.

"Thanks for dinner!"

"You're welcome. Thanks for helping with the bunny."

"No problem." After exchanging a few words, Elissa followed Matthew out of the apartment.

Now alone with his boyfriend and their pets, Roman turned to Samuel and rubbed his shoulders. "Did my eyes deceive me or did Matthew actually have a pleasant conversation with another person?"

"I can guarantee you that I have had plenty of pleasant conversations with him," Samuel laughed and leaned back little, enjoying his boyfriend's hands on his shoulders, "But yeah, I really didn't expect that either, I'm not complaining though, that guy needs friends more than I do,"

Samuel glanced out over the room where they pets still were getting to know each other Lola seemed to be a pretty brave little bunny and Malfoy was such a calm cat there didn't seem to be any problems between the two of them, and Lady who really wasn't much of a threat to the bunny seemed to scare her more due to her size.

"You know what's more important than that though? The fact that we have an adorable little bunny that we aren't currently petting,"

Another week passed and Lola seemed to have settled well in her new home, she was no longer scared of the dog and all the pets seemed to have taken a real liking to each other as Roman and Samuel frequently would come home to them cuddled up together.

Samuel had spent all day teaching again, now that he was getting used to it he was absolutely loving it and he knew this was definitely what he wanted to do with his life. But he was pretty tired after a long day of teaching and just talking to the kids in general, they seemed to like having a younger teacher and thus they had taken a liking to him.

This showed as Samuel was standing by the school parking lot waiting for Roman to come and pick him up. He wasn't waiting alone, a couple of kids had decided to linger around on the school grounds after classes were over and had come up to chat with their temporary teacher. Surrounding him were four kids, aged fourteen, whose names he actually did remember because they were all very social and would happily greet him in hallways and loudly say "goodbye Mister Ortega" after classes. They also spoke quite a lot when they weren't supposed to, but that was beside the point.

They had come up to him starting to ask school related questions but soon moved on to ask what he was doing, which Samuel had replied to by telling them he was waiting for his ride home to come pick him up.

"That makes you sound like you're waiting for your mum or something," Sadie, a girl with long black hair and tan skin said, she was Chinese, apparently, which Samuel only knew because the boy next to her, a kid which face was covered in freckles called Noah, had joked about in class yesterday. Samuel had been unsure what to do at first but had soon realized the pair were close friends and it was all good natured.

"Maybe I am," Samuel said, clearly joking.

"You are?" Asked the other girl of the group, a blonde, pale girl who went by Stace rather than Stacey. Then lastly there was Dylan, who, with his dark eyes to match his skin and hair, glared at her as if she was stupid.

"Of course he's not, He's like almost thirty,"

"Ouch, I'm not that old," Samuel laughed, he was literally only about six years older than them, but he supposed it was a good thing they did think he seemed like more of an adult. He didn't have time to properly correct them before Roman's black car pulled into the parking lot though.

r o m a n
When Roman arrived at the school to pick up Samuel, he usually just parked and then waited in the car. But today, Samuel was surrounded by a flock of fourteen-year-olds, likely the ones he taught. So, Roman decided that he wanted to meet them. Hopefully no one would mind.

Roman parked the car into a nearby space and then got out of the vehicle. He wondered what the kids were thinking when an impossibly tall, ridiculously beautiful dude stepped out of the car. Roman took off his sunglasses, showing that he was wearing a full face of makeup -- navy blue eyeshadow and a nude lipstick, along with white highlighter and all the other face products. He then pushed a hand, with red-painted nails, through his brown hair, and made his way over to the small group.

It was important to note that Roman was also covered in glitter from the shift at Lush he had just come from. His hands and arms, up to his elbows, and his black shirt were lightly dusted in pink and green glitter due to a bath bomb a child had threw at the wall in anger. Roman didn't mind, he actually sort of liked it. He gave the kids his best smile as he made his way over to them.

"Hello sweet children, I am Roman, if Samuel had told you anything bad about me it's a lie," he told them pleasantly. "And yes I am tall but I can assure you, I am not a giant."

Samuel actually hadn't told the kids much about Roman. Normally he would spend about half of his time talking about the guy but he had kept talking about personal stuff to the minimum, he wanted to focus on the actual teaching not talk about his boyfriend.

Roman did look exceptionally beautiful that they though, his makeup was flawless, dressed in black as usual.

The kids seemed to be aware of how gorgeous Roman was too, or maybe it was his height, either way they were all staring wide eyed at the tall man.

"Don't listen to the giant kids, you can't trust giants," Samuel joked, earring him a small laugh from one of the boys, but the girls seemed to mesmerized by Roman to care.

"Mister Ortega hasn't said anything about you," Stacey said, she was now twirling a strand of blonde hair with her fingers. Samuel could tell she was attempting to be a little flirty, but in this case he didn't care at all, she was fourteen, it'd be silly to care about that, "I like your makeup, do you always do it like that?"

r o m a n
Roman scoffed and flicked Samuel on the forehead after his comment. He had decided that he wasn't going to be too affectionate with his boyfriend while they were surrounded by the students he was teaching. He wasn't sure if Samuel had come out to them, but that was beside the point anyway.

"Sometimes," Roman answered the blonde girl with a small smile. He could tell that she was flirting with him but it was ridiculous so he did not comment, nor reciprocate. "Depends on whether or not I can be bothered."

That was true.

"Me Ortega hasn't said anything about me, hm?" Roman asked Samuel accusingly. "I'm offended,"

Stacey seemed a little disappointed she didn't get a better response from Roman, but when he asked to confirm if Samuel really hadn't talked about him she shook her head. Samuel hadn't actively avoided mentioning Roman to avoid people knowing he was gay or anything, he just felt weird disclosing a bunch of personal information to the kids in general, he was there to teach not talk about his boyfriend.

"Not everything is about you, love," Samuel chuckled and patted Roman on the chest, he hadn't really meant to say the pet name in front of the kids but they didn't seem to reflect too much over it, possibly brushing it off as a joke, "I've only told them about important things related to history,"

"which is lame," Sadie said, eyes still glued to Roman.

"Super lame," Noah agreed, he didn't seem as impressed by the tall man as the girls.

"Hey, history is very hip and cool," Samuel joked and the kids groaned. That's when Samuel noticed the sparkles on his hand from touching Roman and upon giving Roman a proper look he noticed that he indeed was covered in glitter, "Roman why are you sparkling? …Are you secretly a vampire?"

The reference seemed to go somewhat over the kid's heads until he heard one of them whisper "twilight," as a reminder of the books' existence, Samuel forgot the twilight craze was over to the point where people barely even mentioned it anymore and these kids had been in daycare when the series was the most popular. This was a truly devastating realisation.

r o m a n
"Samuel, nothing that has ever come out of your mouth has been hip and cool," Roman told his boyfriend sweetly, ruffling his hair. He then rolled his eyes and looked down at his shirt and arms, which were still very glittery.

"No, I am not a vampire. A kid threw a bath bomb at the wall and I was an unfortunate victim of the fabulous shrapnel. I work at Lush," he explained to the kids. He figured it wasn't as obvious as he thought it was.

Roman took the hand that Samuel was patting his chest with, squeezed it and then dropped it. He wasn't sure if Samuel wanted to be out to the kids. "So what are you teaching these youngsters? It better not be the Persian Empire." That was an inside joke between them after the Matthew-Elissa thing.

Samuel gave the kids a meaning look to urge them to tell him, despite being able to have some casual conversation with them he was still their teacher and he wanted to see if they actually paid attention

"We've been working with how the industrialism led to urbanization," Sadie said somewhat eagerly, she was quite studious, Samuel had noticed.

"He had us write short stories from the perspective of someone moving in from the country side to work in a factory," Stacey chimed in, "It was a lot more fun than what we usually get to do,"

"Are you two dating?" Dylan asked suddenly, and Samuel stared at him for a couple of seconds, it seemed random and was completely off topic but apparently, he was a little more observant than the rest of the group.

Samuel decided there was no point in denying it, they were at a school in the city and he would only be doing his student teaching for another couple of weeks and on top of that he would probably not get away with keeping it completely secret once he actually got permanent employment at a school in the future so he might as well get used to kids he was teaching knowing about it now, "Well, uh, yeah,"

Stacey looked thoroughly disappointed, Sadie mildly so, but both her and Noah seemed more shocked than anything. But there were no actual negative emotions.

"Really?" Noah asked looked the between the two men, then a small smirk appeared on his face, "So who screws who?" His thing seemed to be shock value humour. Once Samuel had regained some composure and gotten over the initial embarrassment of having a kid ask something like that he gave the boy a stern scowl, Noah seemed to regret his joke instantly.

"That is not an appropriate thing to ask anyone and isn't especially funny at all," Samuel said voice not at all as conversational anymore, reminding them that he really was their teacher even if was a little more relaxed with rules and didn't scold them as much for talking in class as he maybe should.

r o m a n
Roman's eyebrows shot up at Noah's comment and if he had been drinking anything he would have choked on it. It wasn't like he'd never been asked that before -- no, it happened a lot, and whenever anyone pried into his love life like that, he would not answer because quite frankly, it was no one's business but his own and Samuel's.

He let Samuel take care of it because he was their teacher and Roman didn't want to say the wrong thing. He knew his behaviour could potentially reflect onto his boyfriend so he stayed quiet until Noah had been reprimanded.

"Well, its good to hear that Samuel's doing a good job," he said to the four teenagers, smiling down at each of them in turn. "Do you think he'll be a good teacher when he gets his own classes?"

Samuel was glad to move on to the subject and so seemed all the teens, Noah obviously didn't want to actually get in trouble and the other three embarrassed over their friend's sense of humour.

"For sure," Sadie said happily and Samuel smiled a little, it really warmed to hear that he was doing a good job, "His classes have actually been really interesting,"

"Yeah, I really wish you could replace Mrs Hill, she's boring as fuck," Dylan agreed, and Samuel almost laughed a little because the older woman did seem quite boring.

"I'm sure she's a good teacher," the teens all pulled a disagreeing face, "Well, you'll have me for a little while longer at least, so I expect to see you all in class tomorrow?"

He got a couple of non-committal nods and yeahs and after that, Samuel said goodbye to the kids because he really did want to get home with his sparkly, non-vampire boyfriend before it got too late. Stacey gave Roman a last lingering look as the two men made their way back to the car.

"Well that was an experience,"
Samuel sighed with a light chuckle once they were in the car, "I think Stacey has a thing for you now,"

r o m a n
"Well, Stacey is like twelve so she has no chance with me," Roman said good-naturedly, though he was completely serious. Even if he wasn't in a committed relationship with his boyfriend, the girl was far too young. "Though she seems nice. They all seem nice." Even Noah with his inappropriate comments.

Roman started the car and proceeded to drive them both home. "I'm really happy that you're doing well," he told his boyfriend honestly. Teaching was Samuel's dream, therefore Roman was glad that it was going well for him.

They arrived home and Roman kicked off his shoes as soon as he entered the apartment. Their pets all came excitedly bounding up to them and Roman leaned down to gently pet each of them. He then stood up and took his boyfriend by the hands.

"I need to wash this glitter off and you need to try the new products I got. Come have a bath with me."

"Aww, but I like it when you sparkle," Samuel chuckled stood on his toes and placed a kiss on Roman's cheek, "But a bath sound nice, I'm pretty tired,"

And so they ended up in the bath together, with a combination of whatever new bath bomb Roman wanted to try out and the glitter that had been stuck on his skin colouring the warm water. The tub was a little smaller than the one in their old house but it was still cozy and Samuel didn't at all mind being close to his boyfriend.

"Hey, how long until you get to start tattooing people?" Samuel asked, voice quiet to fit the calm mood of taking a relaxing bath. He knew Roman had his internship soon and Samuel was so incredibly proud of his boyfriend for following his dreams despite not being able to get the tattoos himself. And Samuel was very excited to see Roman prove his annoying coursemate wrong and show him that people didn't care as much as he thought their tattoo artist's appearance.