[Samuel x Roman]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
r o m a n
"Neither did I," Roman agreed.

He took the cookies out of the oven, put the tray on the bench atop a tea towel and then picked up Allison to give her a kiss on the cheek. All the while, he was thinking. He was very appreciative of what Matthew had just done. Even if he wasn't sure if he would ever get along with the guy, he had apologised. Whether it was to fix things with Roman or to make Samuel feel better, he had done it, and that was what mattered.

Roman sat Allison down on the bench and handed her some coconut sprinkles. "Here, shake these over the cookies," he encouraged, helping her do so, so she didn't get out of hand.

While the little girl worked, Roman looked up at Samuel. "You can invite him over whenever," he said softly. "It really means a lot that he did that."

"Mmm… I mean I'm still not sure if he's going to want to come over, at least not right away, but I won't not invite him here anymore," It was nice to know he had the option to have him over, even if that might be something that wouldn't happen for a little while, "But, like, tell me if you change your mind and I'll kick him out, I think that if he's mature enough to apologize he's mature enough to get that,"

Samuel smiled and watched as the toddler was sprinkling the cookies with coconut. Thanks to Roman's help she was doing a pretty good job and whatever ended up on the floor was most likely being eaten by Lady, Samuel strongly suspected that was why she was hanging out in the kitchen, to begin with.

"You get why I'm still friends with him now though, right?" Samuel had always felt a little guilty about it, but had I distanced himself from Matthew he would have distanced himself from Gabi and even if he had Evan here now he knew it was better to have more than one close friend, "I know he's a fu—" He was about to say fucking asshole, but caught himself before he used foul language in front of the two-year-old, even if she did seem to have tuned out the boring adult conversation completely, "—kind of mean person, but deep down he's a good guy."

Roman didn't get a chance to answer right away though because Allison announced she felt the cookies had enough coconut on them by proudly exclaiming "Done!"

r o m a n
"Good job, sweetie!" Roman congratulated the small child, taking the coconut away from her and setting it aside. He then picked up two cookies and handed one to the little girl, then one to his boyfriend.

"I know he's not the spawn of Satan. He just gets under my skin sometimes." Mostly because in his opinion, he hadn't done anything to deserve the treatment he received from Matthew.

"But he's your friend and therefore I will do my best to get along with him," he promised Samuel. He then poked Allison's cheek with his finger. "Do you like the cookies?"

"Mhm!" Allison nodded enthusiastically, she couldn't answer properly because she seemed to have stuffed most of the cookie in her mouth at once.

Samuel took a normal and not messy adult bite of the cookie, as expected when Roman baked and cooked it was amazing, "Whoa," Samuel said after finishing his cookie, the astonishment was directed towards the little girl instead of Roman, though, "I can't believe you helped to make these Allison, they are so good,"

Allison smiled brightly, "Thank you!" crumbs went flying everywhere. She swallowed and then held out one of her tiny little hands towards Roman, "more, please!"

Samuel chuckled because at least she was attempting to be polite, "Well, no one's going to blame you for not getting along with him, so like if he isn't trying you don't have to either, but I love you for wanting to make an effort," Samuel shrugged he knew Roman was just naturally a nice person who would try to get along anyways, and Samuel didn't want him to feel like he had to get along with someone who had made him feel horrible for Samuel's sake, but he really appreciated it all, Roman truly was an amazing boyfriend, "I doubt he would go through the trouble of apologizing if he wasn't planning on making an effort though,"

r o m a n
A week after Matthew's apology, Roman was standing in the kitchen, making pasta. The pasta was not for dinner, however, since they had already had steak. No, he was making his boyfriend lunch for the next day. It was going to be Samuel's first day of student teaching.

Roman was so overwhelmingly proud of his boyfriend. He had progressed very far in his career, and he was now one step closer to being a high school teacher. Roman couldn't wait until his boyfriend had achieved his dream job. Roman himself was pretty close to being able to properly tattoo someone. He was very excited.

"Do you want ravioli or spaghetti?" Roman called out to Samuel once he returned from his walking of Lady. Malfoy slinked around his ankles, purring.

The day before his first day of student teaching had come and Samuel knew he was supposed to be excited, that would be the logical feeling, maybe a little nervous, but mostly excited. But in his case he was so nervous he couldn't even be excited. As soon as he thought about it he started to worry about accidentally doing something wrong. He had worked before, but this was different, In the restaurant he worked at he knew the owner through his aunt, so that was some kind of familiarity, when he had refereed soccer games for kids his mum had come with him until he got used to it. This time he would be all alone and that was really scary to him.

A couple of weeks ago he had actually felt the nervous excitement, but for the past couple of days the insecurity had grown and the excitement become worse and today hadn't really been good. Going out with Lady had been a last ditch effort to distract himself, and it had worked pretty well. Some fresh air and walking with Lady, something normal that he knew how to do.

But now he was back inside, and Roman was asking him what type of pasta he wanted. For his lunch. For tomorrow. And suddenly all his worries washed over him at once.

He let out a heavy sigh which was just as shaky as his hands were when he bent down to let Lady out of her leash. She barked excitedly and hurried in to say hello to Roman, but Samuel couldn't bring himself to care about how cute she was, or Malfoy, or anything other than the feeling that tomorrow would go terribly wrong.

Without answering he walked into the kitchen where his boyfriend was being amazing by making him lunch for tomorrow. He quietly grabbed a hold of Roman, turned him around and pulled him in for a hug. He buried his face in his chest and then finally let out a small sob, the feelings finally bubbling over and becoming too much.

r o m a n
"Woah, shit, okay." Roman's tone held nothing but concern as he very carefully set the spoon he had been using to stir the pasta sauce with down, and then turned the stove off so nothing burned. He then turned back around to Samuel, carefully pulled away and lead him over to the couch, where he sat down with his boyfriend in his lap.

Roman had no issues with consoling Samuel when he was upset, as he was now. He gently hugged Samuel to his chest with one hand and rubbed his back with the other, making small hushing noises under his breath as he considered what to say. It was obvious what Samuel was upset about.

"Everything's going to be okay," he promised. "I know you're nervous and you have the right to be. This is scary. But you'll be fine. They're just kids. And if anything goes wrong, give me names and I'll go beat up a bunch of sixteen-year-olds."

Samuel managed to let out a small chuckle between the tears at the last part of Roman's words. He pulled a way a little and whipped his tears and took his glasses of since they were kind of in the way. Roman hugging him helped calm him down a little but it didn't change anything about tomorrow.

"You wouldn't be able to beat up a teenager, you're weak as fuck"

Samuel took a deep breath, he wasn't crying anymore but his eyes and throats was still burning and he knew he wasn't really done yet.

"But It's not just the kids, it's everything, I just..." Samuel said, his voice almost a little whiny because he knew his worries were irrational and he just wanted it to stop, "What do I wear? Where am I supposed to go first thing in the morning? Where do I go to eat lunch? What if I go to the wrong places and the people working there thinks I'm weird? And what if all the kids hate me or I do something stupid in front of them. What if I'm not even a good teacher?"

The last part was the scariest, the other things would get sorted out, things always turned out better than he expected them to, but the idea that maybe what he had spent the last two years and a couple of months working towards wasn't for him was enough to make more tears to run down his face and he was back to sniffling into his boyfriend's chest.

r o m a n
Roman focused on consoling his boyfriend, rubbing his back and kissing him on the forehead. These were all reasonable concerns and Roman didn't judge his boyfriend for any of them. It was only natural to be a little worried about not being good at a new thing. Samuel had never taught before, so of course he wondered whether or not he was good at it.

"You'll go to the office first thing in the morning and they'll direct you to where to go from there," Roman assured him. "I'm pretty sure that you get paired up with a teacher and go to their classes so they'll show you the ropes." Roman's mother was a teacher so he had a vague idea of how stuff worked.

"As for whether or not you're a good teacher ... well, I think you should be more confident in yourself. You're nice and you care about other people. You're also smart and studious and people listen to you. You helped me with my homework all the time in Year 12, remember? I think you'll do wonderfully."

What Roman was saying technically made sense and the first couple of answers to his worried questions were really nice to hear and get answers to, even if his mind probably could continue to try and find even more things to be worried about.

"Thank you," it was a thank you for being there for him, for telling him what he needed to hear and for believing in him. Despite what he had thanked Roman for having made him feel a little better Samuel continued to cry against Roman's chest, just letting several days of built up emotions out, his embrace was warm and the hand on his back soothing.

"I think I want ravioli" Samuel finally answered Roman's question several minutes later, his voice thick from all the crying. He felt a little better, it wouldn't surprise him if he started crying again later but for now, he seemed to have gotten it out of his system and that was thanks to his boyfriend.

Roman was here for him now, and if he if he did end up being a horrible teacher Roman would be there for him too. But it was like Roman said, he probably wasn't going to be bad, he hoped all those things Roman said was true but it also wasn't as he would have no idea what he was doing at all, he had been studying for this, spending several days a week at university to teach and one day he was going to become a teacher and then he couldn't be as scared as he was now, because he would have already tried it out.

r o m a n
"Oh my god this is heavy."

"Stop whining."

"But it is."

"Be a man."

"Your mum."

Samuel had been student teaching for a week, which was wonderful and Roman was very proud of him. Elissa had also been working at Lush for a week, and Roman was in charge of training her, so they had grown quite close. Now, Elissa was helping Roman and Samuel set up the things for their new bunny.

They had wanted a bunny since they had seen them at the pet store, and now they had one. Roman was very excited. Currently, he and Elissa were carrying in the hutch, which they were putting in the laundry. Roman had spent the previous evening placing protective tubes around all the cords in the house.

"Here we go," the Irish girl chirped as she and Roman set the hutch down in an empty area of the laundry. It was large enough for the growing bunny to remain comfortable, and it also had a second floor for it to sleep in.

"Okay, Samuel, do you have the bunny?" Elissa called out, dashing back into the kitchen with Roman on his tail.

In the end Samuel's student teaching had gone just fine, he had been incredibly nervous in the morning but thanks to Roman being there for him the evening before he had gotten the worst feelings out of his system.

Now a week had passed and things were still going very well. Samuel couldn't give two ducks about that, though, because he was currently holding a plastic box with an adorable white little bunny and some comfy hay in it.

Since she was a bunny who had yet to be completely used to living with humans she seemed to be absolutely terrified by all the ruckus and being carried up the stairs to her new home, but hopefully she would settle in due time and Malfoy and Lady had been temporarily been locked in a separate room so the little newcomer would feel as comfortable as possible.

And Elissa was helping out to make her feel safe too since she apparently had past experiences with bunnies. Samuel was still a little unsure of how he was supposed to feel about the girl. She clearly wasn't interested in flirting with Roman anymore and she was obviously a very friendly person, so that wasn't his problem. It was more that he didn't really know her well enough to trust her and her previous brief interest in his boyfriend, unlike Bella and Elliot who he knew and thus didn't have any problems with.

"yeah I have her right here," Samuel said, bright smile, despite not being entirely sure about the girl he was appreciative of her being there to help her, "do we set up her cage and let her chill in there first, or do we let her explore the house first?"

As he spoke Samuel felt his phone buzz in his pocket. He couldn't check it since he was holding the box with the bunny with both hands but he knew it was from Matthew. He had informed his friend of the fact that they were getting their bunny today, he had also mentioned Elissa being there and when asked who she was Samuel had replied with "some girl who flirted with Roman at a party but were friends now". Matthew had not been thrilled about this, but it was what the text would be about so Samuel was in no hurry to check his phone.

r o m a n
"I think we should let her out in the cage and then let her explore a little," Elissa suggested. Roman came and took the box so Samuel could reply to his text, before taking the small creature into the laundry, where he set her down in her cage.

She was only a little bunny, a baby, which made her even cuter in Roman's humble opinion. She seemed to settle down a little once she was placed on solid ground rather than being shaken around in the box. Roman watched her as she sniffed around in her new dwelling, investigating the feeding tray and the water bottle and the newspaper that they had laid out on the bottom of the structure.

"She's so cute," Elissa sighed, smiling as she watched the creature. She leaned against the wall of the laundry. "Have you got a name for her yet?"

"Yep. Lola." Roman and Samuel had been discussing it since they had decided to welcome a new pet.

Samuel watched as the little bunny explored her new home, she was adorable and Samuel loved her already, and had probably loved her since they came up with a name for her. He had to tear his gaze from the white little ball of fluff though, as he remembered the text. He quickly fished his phone out of his pocket to see what Matthew wanted.

Do you want me to come over?

Samuel couldn't decide if he was being sweet towards him or if he saw Roman as untrustworthy. He hoped for the first one but the second option was possible despite him having admitted being wrong a couple of weeks ago. Having another familiar face there wouldn't hurt though, he would have asked Evan and London over but they were off doing their own things.

You can come over if you want to meet the bunny, Elissa is nice so she's no problem.

Okay, I'm coming then.

Since moving they lived a little closer to Matthew so it wouldn't take him long to get there at all, but as Samuel thought about it it might be a little selfish of him to just invite Matthew over and have him barging in within the next fifteen minutes without even asking Roman about it.

"Hey, Roman, can Matthew come over? He wants to meet Lola too,"

r o m a n
Roman looked up and quirked an eyebrow. "You don't need to ask," he reminded his boyfriend softly, kissing him on the top of the head. This was as much Samuel's home as it was his, therefore he didn't need to ask permission to invite people over.

"Who's Matthew?" Elissa inquired.

"Samuel's friend."

"Ah, I see."

By the time Matthew showed up, Lola had left the hutch and so the three humans were following her around the house, watching what she did. Elissa was perched on the armrest of the couch when Matthew entered. She looked up at him and smiled.

"Hey, I'm Elissa," she said in her Irish accent.

Elissa looked exceptionally pretty that day. Her waist-length hair was curled and was tied up in a ponytail that swished around when she moved her head. She wore a pair of high-waisted pink skinny jeans and a white tank top with the Deathly Hallows symbol printed on it, tucked into the jeans. She wore a pretty makeup look with rose gold eyeshadow and nude lipstick. All in all, she was a sight for sore eyes.

When Matthew arrived Lola had moved on to roaming the floors of the apartment instead. He was looking like his normal self, hipstery in his normal dress shoes, black jeans, dress shirt and sweater. As soon as he was inside his gaze was placed on Elissa, which it probably would have been even if she hadn't addressed him.

Samuel wasn't sure what Matthew had expected, but he seemed a little lost for words when seeing the girl. For a moment he just looked her up and down, like he usually did when meeting new people. His eyes lingered on her chest for a moment but Samuel knew it was due to her shirt and not something else.

"Hey, in Matthew, Samuel's friend," Matthew introduced himself, his expression said that he seemed to find her presence acceptable for now. Apparently wearing Harry Potter mercy was enough for him to forget that he was supposed to not like her. Samuel supposed it was preferred because he'd rather he like her than to act like he did with Roman around her.

Samuel grabbed Matthew's arm and turned him around to the bunny before he had a chance to say anything mildly unpleasant, "look isn't she cute? Her name's Lola,"

"Oh yeah she is cute" Matthew seemed a little surprised as if he just remembered the reason he was supposed to be there for. It was quite clear he was there for to keep a watchful eye over Elissa and not Lola.

r o m a n
Roman watched as Matthew arrived and seemed to only notice Elissa. Roman had to fight to keep the smirk off his face. He wasn't surprised, Elissa was beautiful. And she was wearing Harry Potter merch, something that Matthew was interested in. Roman just hoped this wasn't a repeat of Blake, and that Matthew had changed in that aspect as well.

"Can we let Lady and Malfoy out?" Roman asked Elissa, edging towards the spare bedroom where the pets were shut in.

"Maybe pick them up and hold them so Lola can come to them," Elissa suggested. She followed Roman and picked up Malfoy while the tall male took the dog. They then both headed out and sat down on the floor.

Lola tentatively looked at the two other creatures as if she was deciding whether or not they could be trustworthy. Lady yipped and Lola scrambled away in fright.

Elissa laughed, a high-pitched, pretty sound. She then looked up at Matthew and Samuel. "Come sit. We can have circle time like in primary school."

Samuel chuckled along with Elissa's idea and pulled Matthew with him to site down on the floor. Matthew chose a spot next to but not too close to the girl and Samuel seated himself in between Roman and him. He automatically gave Lady some ear scratches despite frightening the bunny and mumbled "shush you have to be quiet, okay?"

Lady tipped happily in response and Matthew laughed at what happened.

"See this is why I prefer cats," Matthew said conversationally but in his usual expressionless way. Matthew what quite passionately a cat person but didn't own one because they weren't allowed in his apartment complex.

"Shut up she's just excited about all the new friends," Samuel said and gestured to Elissa and then little Lola who bravely was coming back to the circle to investigate again, this time getting closer to the cat since Malfoy was sitting quietly in Elissa's lap.

Matthew shrugged, not one to argue with Samuel and shuffled a little closer to Elissa to reach over and pet the kitten.

r o m a n
"I also prefer cats," Elissa contributed, smiling at Matthew before returning her gaze to the bunny who was investigating the scene. "Well, actually, bunnies and cats are on the same level with me. Dogs are too bouncy."

Roman nodded in agreement but scratched Lady behind the ears anyway. Lady was a special dog.

Elissa was watching the Lola as she hopped around and therefore didn't notice that Matthew had reached over to pet the kitten. So, when she subconsciously reached over to pet the feline, she didn't see Matthew's hand, which in turn caused her to accidentally bump it with her own. She jumped and looked up at him with a playful smirk on her face.

"You wanna hold hands?" she teased, tapping his hand with her long and perfectly manicured fingers. "Nah, I'm joking. Here." Elissa carefully leaned over to set the cat in Matthew's lap. Her long ponytail brushed his forearm.

"Oh thanks," Suddenly Matthew seemed to busy thinking to pet the cat who now was in his lap instead, he was looking at the hand Elissa had touched. Samuel gave him a confused look as he tried to figure his friend. Matthew didn't notice it so Samuel turned his gaze to Roman instead, silently asking "what the fuck is going on,"

"I can't believe I'm surrounded by cat people," Samuel wasn't sure if Matthew was uncomfortable with the implications of holding hands and that was why he was acting a little odd or if it was something else about her, but Samuel decided it was better to comment on the animals than the hand holding joke.

"Maybe that's proof that cats are superior," Matthew said, he seemed to have snapped out of it and was now back to petting a purring Malfoy, he was occasionally glancing over at Elissa, not her face, but the hand that had touched his.

"You're mean, Lady don't listen to him, cats and dogs are equally amazing," Lady tilted her head a little but didn't make any more sounds, and since she was quiet now Lola dared coming a little closer to Samuel and Roman.

"Bunnies too," Samuel assured her and very carefully reached out a hand, she jumped over, sniffed it a little before heading elsewhere. It was adorable.

Last edited: