[Samuel x Roman]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
r o m a n
Samuel had only been gone for a few moments when a girl tripped on a cushion laying on the floor and literally fell into Roman's lap.

"Oh shit, sorry," she giggled, standing up. Roman's eyes, which were widened with surprise at having a human fall onto him, moved up her body and to her face. She was an exceptionally beautiful girl; she had creamy white skin and long blonde hair -- hair so long that it brushed against her hips. She had classically beautiful features and chocolate brown eyes.

Roman also couldn't help but notice that she had a glorious body also. Slender limbs and soft curves. She wore a millennial pink bralette and a black leather skirt with strappy white heels.

She was gorgeous. But she wasn't Samuel.

Despite her not being his boyfriend, Roman was unable not to appreciate how gorgeous she was -- that didn't mean he wanted her, or that he was interested. It was just natural to notice attractive people. The girl seemed to be doing the same thing; her eyes wandered over Roman's features, the clothes he wore and the effortless way he carried his body that indicated that even though he wasn't built, he was very confident with himself.

The girl sat down beside him.

"Hey, I'm Elissa," she said sweetly, brushing her hair out of her face.

Roman immediately realised what she wanted. Him. "I'm Roman," he said politely. He was going to find a way to let her down easy, because he wasn't an asshole, and didn't want to hurt her feelings.

"I'm the sister of one of the guys on the team. Wyatt -- you know him?"

"Nah. I only know Elliot."

"Ooh, he's cute. You're cuter, though."

"Thanks." Roman shrugged. He wasn't flirting, but he wasn't hurting her feelings, either.

Elissa was very clearly flirting with him, though. She had crossed her legs and her skirt hiked up to reveal a decent portion of her thigh. She brushed her hair away from her face and smiled at him with her soft-looking lips. She also leaned forward so a large part of her chest was exposed due to the crop top she was wearing, about the same as one would see at a public swimming pool. Or on a lingerie advertisement. Roman made the conscious decision not to look there.

It didn't take Samuel long at all to find another can of coke, but apparently it was long enough for som girl to end up laying over Roman's lap only to move on to sit next to him moments later.

Samuel just stood there and stared at the interaction, feeling the jealousy bubbling up within. Then he caught himself and tried to will it away. If he looked at it logically and really tried to see the situation for what it was it the girl was flirting with Roman and Roman was being polite. Samuel knew he wouldn't intentionally flirt back and he knew he was just a good person and the reason he let her stay was because he was nice and not because he wanted her to flirt with him.

As Samuel repeated this over and over in his head he headed over back to the couch, just another person in the crown to the girl, so she wouldn't notice, but he dunked Roman's shoulder lightly with the can and held it out for him.

"here," he said, he realized his short statement could easily have been taken as an irritated, especially in contrast with how he usually spoke with his boyfriend, but he wasn't really irritated at all, maybe the girl but only a little. He was just trying to sort out his feelings of jealousy so he wouldn't make Roman mad at him and now that he was seeing the girl up close he was starting to feel a little self conscious. She was ridiculously gorgeous, Samuel could easily see that, with everything from her long blond hair to her figure being completely stunning.

It happened that Roman got people flirting with him while Samuel was there with him, those people they both generally put down as weird assholes, but they had a tendency to imply that Roman was deserving of someone better looking and in moment like these Samuel would occasionally come to think of that. And he could see how this girl easily could be considered better looking than him. She had also taking his spot next to Roman in the couch so he just stood there awkwardly.

"Roman can we go home?" once again it came out a little harsher than he wanted it to but he just didn't know exactly how to deal with this situation while surrounded by people in an unknown place.

r o m a n
Roman felt a thunk on his shoulder and looked up to see that his boyfriend had returned with the can of Coke that he had requested. Immediately he searched Samuel's face for any indication that his boyfriend was upset, but he didn't need to. His tone was evidence enough.

"Sure," he said gently. If Samuel wanted to leave, they would leave.

"A friend of yours?" Elissa inquired, evidently a little disappointed upon learning that Roman would be leaving. She leaned her elbow against the back of the couch and daintily rested her head against her hand.

"My boyfriend, actually," Roman corrected her politely. He lifted a hand and placed it on the small of Samuel's back reassuringly.

Elissa's eyes widened just a little. "Oh." She sat up and looked between the two of them, before landing on Roman. "I'm sorry, I didn't know you were here with someone."

"It's fine," Roman told her earnestly, chuckling slightly and pulling Samuel around the couch to sit in his lap. "This is Samuel."

"Hey, I'm Elissa," Elissa said to Samuel with a smile. "I'm really sorry, I wouldn't have ... ugh, this is embarrassing. I'm sorry."

Samuel let Roman pull him into his lap and made himself comfortable by leaning against him, between this and getting properly introduced as Roman's boyfriend he felt a little better. He was Roman's and Roman was his, no matter if Roman got flirted with by some girl who not only was incredibly pretty, and probably better looking than Samuel, but also seemingly very nice, and most likely not a jealous jerk.

"Don't apologize, you didn't know," Samuel was actually really happy she had apologized, whether it was to Roman or Samuel didn't matter the point was that she regretted flirting with someone in a relationship, especially since Samuel knew some people apparently didn't care about that, "besides, people flirt with Roman all the time, because he's so gorgeous,"

Samuel placed a little kiss on Roman's cheek. He had several reasons for doing this. Part of him still felt a little jealous and wanted to possessively show Elissa that they were very much in a happy relationship, part of him was doing it to compensate for that jealousy, an apology of some sorts to Roman because Samuel knew Roman didn't like that side of him and Samuel didn't either, and lastly because being affectionate with Roman made Samuel feel a little more sure of himself. Because he did need to feel a little more sure of himself In that moment.

r o m a n
Roman and Elissa both laughed. "That is very true," Elissa chuckled, not flirtatiously, but rather with the air of someone who was simply stating a well-known fact. Roman bowed his head graciously at her.

He was glad that Samuel had forgiven the girl. Elissa hadn't done anything wrong, she hadn't known that Roman was in a relationship and therefore had committed no wrong against either of them. And Samuel seemed to have improved when it came to his jealousy, which was always nice to see.

"Why thank you."

"So how long have you been together?"

"Three years now."

"Woah." Elissa seemed happy for them, as evidenced by her smile. "That's amazing! I'm jealous. My longest relationship was two years but he cheated." Elissa shrugged as if it was no big deal.

"So how do you know Elliot?"

"He's been my best friend since primary school," Roman replied.

"That's awesome. Do either of you play baseball?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Samuel decided this was kind of nice and that he didn't really feel like leaving anymore. He might be shy to the point where it was a problem sometimes, but he really did like befriending new people like this. And Elissa had immediately backed off from being flirty, there was literally no trace of it left and thus the last traces of Samuel's jealous disappeared.

"Nah, I only really play soccer seriously, baseball is pretty cool, though," Samuel shrugged a little, "and the only sport Roman likes is tennis, cus he's lame,"

He shot Roman a small teasing smile, he knew Roman didn't play sports for a reason, but he also knew Roman certainly didn't care much when Samuel was watching any kind of sports game on television. The only exception to this being tennis, which Samuel didn't honestly think was lame at all, he actually thought it was really fun and sweet to see Roman excited about watching tennis.

"You?" Samuel inquired simply, not actually knowing if she was here due to an interest in the sport or in just partying or whatever, she seemed to be a social and pleasant person so the partying option wasn't all that unlikely.

r o m a n
"I played baseball a lot as a kid but only because all my brothers play it," Elissa replied conversationally. She tossed her long mane of gold hair over her shoulder. "I have five older brothers and no sisters, so I really should be a tomboy."

"You are clearly not a tomboy."

"I know, right?" No, Elissa was definitely a fembot. Her makeup was perfect, almost as good as Roman's was when he did it. Her hair was perfectly maintained and she had long, glossy nails that were perfectly manicured. "I did play netball for, like, ten years, though."

"You should play netball," Roman said, poking Samuel in the side.

Suddenly Elissa reached out and grabbed Roman's hand. "Oh my God your nails are amazing," she said, eyes wide as she stared at Roman's perfect claws. They were matte black with little Jack Skellingtons on them. "Are they real? Where did you get them done?"

"They are real indeed, and I did them myself."

"Bullshit."

"Bullshit not."

"Do you work in a nail salon?"

"Nope, I work at Lush."

Elissa looked envious. "I love Lush."

"You should apply. I work on Lonsdale Street." Roman poked Samuel again. "Tell Elissa how much free shit I get."

Had Elissa not straight away cmmented on Roman's nails upon grabbing his hand Samuel would have maybe gone back to being a little jealous, but instead he listened to her compliment his boyfriend. Samuel didn't care much about nails, he had let Roman paint his nails a couple of times but it was mostly as a bonding experience than anything. He was however always proud of his boyfriend whenever he got complimented so he smiled as he listened to the exchange, until he got addressed.

"Our bathroom smells like a fucking lush store and ever since he started working there my hair has never been softer," Samuel said in a flat tone, as if both things weren't actually very pleasant. He also felt like it was very telling of just how many lush products they had in their home. Samuel had long since gotten used to and started liking the products from the store and didn't really bother buying any shampoo or soap or whatever at the regular stores anymore, since they generally had some fancy lush alternative laying around. He was also pretty sure Roman preferred it when his hair smelled like flowers or coconut over whatever things like axe products were supposed to smell like.

"He says he's worikng there to be allowed to express his individuality, but I actually think it's for all the free stuff he gets," Samuel joked in a stage whisper, of course being himself was very important for Roman, but Samuel had never heard him complain about the free products either.

r o m a n
"Right. I am applying tomorrow. I fucking hate working at Kmart anyway."

"I'll put in a good word for you with the manager, if you like."

"That would be amazing, thank you."

For the next hour or so, Roman, Samuel and Elissa chatted about random things and Roman found that he actually really liked the girl. She was nice and funny and sweet and he also learned that she was incredibly intelligent and studious. She was studying to be a lawyer, and with her argument skills, Roman had no doubt that she would make it big.

It was getting late now and Elliot and Matilda stumbled up to them, Elliot obviously incredibly drunk, but not so drunk that he couldn't speak. "Hey. Can you give us a lift home? I seem to have lost my keys." Elliot forgot that they had come in Roman and Samuel's car anyway.

"You want a lift?" Roman offered Elissa, having no idea where she lived, but not particularly caring because he figured he'd be driving people home anyway.

"Sure." She then gave him her address, which turned out to only be a fifteen minute walk from Roman and Samuel's apartment. "I'll just go find my brother and tell him I'm going home."

So Elissa left to find her brother, and Roman and Samuel helped Elliot and Matilda out to their car. Once the other couple was securely seated in the back seat, Roman turned to Samuel.

"You were a lot more social than you usually are. I'm surprised you didn't stab her for flirting with me."

"Don't give me any ideas," Samuel chuckled and leaned against the car, he didn't mind standing out there while they waited for Elissa to join them, Elliot and Matilda were in the back seat, the tiny girl leaning against her boyfriend with her eyes closed, and most other people were inside so it was just a small moment alone out in the fresh air evening air with Roman, "Honestly she was too nice to be mad at,"

Samuel sighed a little, not a heavy or upset sigh, he was just kind of tired, it was like Roman said, he usually wasn't this social, "I am, however, not going to talk to anyone except you the next like two days, because I'm very tired of being social"

On top of being shy Samuel was definitely an introvert, anyone who knew him knew that, so spending a whole day first with friends and then getting to know someone new had him a tad exhausted, but it was okay because all in all he had had fun. Save those moments of self-doubt upon seeing Elissa flirt with Roman.

"Hey, Roman," Samuel said looking up at the sky for a moment, then back down and around him to make sure no one was hearing him, "You're not, like, out of my league, or whatever, right?"

r o m a n
Roman's head whipped around to look at his boyfriend incredulously when he asked that question. The idea that he was out of Samuel's league was absolutely absurd and Roman had no idea why Samuel believed it.

Well, no, he did have an idea. Samuel wasn't exactly the most confident dude in the world. He was rather shy and introverted and therefore didn't exude self-confidence like Roman did. But still, he was absolutely gorgeous.

"No, Samuel, I am not," Roman said firmly. He reached over to cup Samuel's chin with his hand and gently turn his face towards him, so they could look at each other.

"Samuel, you are absolutely beautiful. You have the smoothest skin and the warmest eyes. You have the softest hair and the cutest curls. You have the best lips I've ever seen and your cheekbones could cut a bitch. And to top it all off, you're ridiculously sexy. So, no, I am not out of your league whatsoever. If anything, you're out of mine."

Samuel hadn't expected Roman to answer in any other way, really, but having him say it was better in the long run. It wasn't good to let things like these eat at him simply because he could figure out the types of things Roman would say. Or well he could figure out that Roman would compliment him, not so much the actual compliments. Samuel wasn't a person with the kind of confidence to look in the mirror and start think anything like what Roman had just told him

"Thanks, I think I needed to hear that," Samuel confessed while looking into his boyfriend's gorgeous green eyes, "Except that last part, I know it's super hypocritical, but don't put yourself down to make me feel better,"

He let out another little sigh and leaned his head against Roman's chest for a moment. He was so tall, it was absolutely perfect.

"I love you,"

r o m a n
"I love you too," Roman replied, dropping a soft kiss to Samuel's head. "I love you so much."

Elissa came back out of the house and made her way to the car. "Thanks for this," she said to Roman with a smile.

"No problem." Roman stepped away from the car and opened the door for Elissa like a gentleman. "This is Elliot and his girlfriend Matilda. Ell, Tilly, this is Elissa."

"Hey," said Elliot tiredly, raising a hand in a wave.

"Hey," Elissa replied with a small smile. "You were really good today."

"Thanks."

Soon Roman was driving, no music on since Elliot had a headache. He did engage in conversation with Elissa and Samuel though. Once he had dropped off Elliot and Matilda, he got directions for Elissa's apartment and soon he was dropping her off.

He parked out the front and Elissa leaned into the front, between the seats. "Give me your hand."

Roman obliged and Elissa scrawled her number on the back of it with an eyeliner pencil. "Sorry, I don't have any paper."

"It's fine," Roman chuckled.

Elissa smiled and turned to Samuel. "It was nice to meet you. I'll see you later?"

They exchanged goodbyes and Elissa went inside, her hair swishing as she walked. Roman started the car again and soon they were back to their apartment.

"I am tired," he declared.

In the car Samuel partook in the conversation but let his boyfriend do most of the talking, he really was a little tired of socializing. Once Elissa made her way out of the car he made sure to say a proper goodbye though.

"Me too," Samuel mumbled in agreement as they finally were home, someone who didn't agree with the two men though, was lady who came running out from their bedroom to greet them with cute little yips and barks.

"Fuck," Samuel said as he realized he would have to take her out for a short walk at least, but he still bent down and ruffled her fur a little, it wasn't her fault her owners were tired.

He turned to his boyfriend, "you can go to bed, I'll be back in like ten minutes or whatever,"

r o m a n
"See the line where the sky meets the sea, it calls me, and no one knows, how far it goes ..."

Roman was loudly singing a Moana song as he baked cookies with Allison. He was babysitting the infant for her parents while Evan went to work and London went to school -- not that he had a problem with looking after the little girl. In fact, he loved it.

"Sweetie, do you wanna lick the spoon?" Roman asked the small child. They had finished mixing the raspberry and vanilla batter and spooned it out onto the baking tray, so Roman offered her the spoon while he carefully placed the tray into the oven.

Just then, there was a knock on the door. Roman wiped his hands off on a tea towel and went to open it, though he stopped upon seeing who it was.

Matthew.

Roman hadn't spoken to Matthew since that night over a year ago, when Matthew had revealed how he had really felt about Roman. Roman hadn't gotten in the way of the other man's friendship with his boyfriend, but that didn't mean he liked him. Quite the opposite, in fact.

But regardless, Roman stood aside and let him in. "Samuel," he called through the house to claim his boyfriend's attention.

Roman then picked up Allison. "Allison, this is Matthew, say hello," he told the girl softly. "Matthew, this is my niece."

Samuel was sittning in his and Roman's bed, reading some course literature while keeping out of the kitchen, where he wasn't really allowed when baking was taking place, when Roman called for him.

He curiously put his book down and got up and out to the hallway to see who their guest could be. To his surprise it was Matthew. It was not only a surprise because Matthew hadn't said anything about coming but because he had come over at a point in time when Roman was home.

And because he was sweetly interacting with Allison, actually changing his normal flat tone of voice to not upset the child.

"Hello Allison it's very nice to meet you," he was smiling, Allison was looking a little wary of the stranger and kept looking back up to her uncle to see how to react.

After a moment of being shy she seemed to get tired of it, though, to Samuel's understanding she wasn't too shy, "hello," she said simply.

Matthew almost seemed a little offended that he didn't get more response out of the girl but let it go and looked up at Samuel and Roman, he was clearly nervous but Samuel had no idea why.

"What's up?" Samuel inquired, Matthew shifted uncomfortably and glanced at Roman, and then back to Samuel.

"I'm actually here to talk to Roman, would that be okay?" Samuel just stared. Matthew wanted to talk to Roman? Why? Should he be worried? He wasn't sure, and just glanced at his boyfriend for him to answer, it was his decision.

r o m a n
Roman was just as surprised as Samuel when he heard those words come out of Matthew's mouth. He wanted to talk to Roman? Why? They hadn't spoken in over a year and that was because they very intensely disliked one another. Roman couldn't stand Matthew and Matthew hated Roman. It was just how things worked.

Roman had made no attempt whatsoever to patch up things with Matthew because he quite frankly did not want to. But Matthew wanted to talk to him.

Roman looked at Samuel, who seemed to have no more of an idea of what was going on than he did, before returning his gaze to Matthew. He gave the shorter male a long and hard look, before sighing and setting Allison down.

"Why don't you go find Lady and Malfoy?" he asked the infant sweetly. "Come back when you hear the timer ding."

Once the baby had left on her mission, Roman directed Matthew to the couch, where he sat down at one end and schooled his face into an impassive expression. He looked neutral. "What's up?"

Matthew sat down on the other end of the not very large couch, keeping a distance between himself and Roman. Samuel figured he was allowed to stay, anything that was said in the room would be told to him later anyways, and since he wasn't sure what Matthew wanted he honestly didn't want to leave, he didn't want a repeat of what happened that day over a year ago.

Samuel decided he didn't want to sit between them though, that'd be weird, so he sat down on the armrest of the couch instead. He chose the one on Roman's side, in case something went down it was with him his loyalty would remain. Always. But it was a little reluctantly, though, Matthew's expression didn't look like he was about to insult Roman again at all, he seemed nervous and part of Samuel wished he could support his friend and his boyfriend at the same time. In this situation, though, he couldn't.

"Neither of you say anything until I'm done, okay?" Matthew said this firmly, a little harsher, skipping out on his regular monotonous tone. and then he was quiet, very obviously trying to get to guts to say what he wanted.

"I'm sorry."

Samuel's eyes widened a little, he never thought he would hear Matthew direct those words towards Roman, yet here he was, visiting their home for that purpose only. Matthew had of course already apologized to Samuel, but this was very different, Samuel was Matthew's friend, Roman wasn't, and saying sorry to him was not something that could come easily to the stubborn and pretentious man on the other side of the couch.

"This isn't going to be an excuse or anything, I just want to explain why I acted like I did," Matthew continued, he wasn't sounding very sure of himself, as if he had yet to decide if he actually wanted to explain things, "So… Back in high school, I didn't really have all that many friends, so having Gabi and Samuel now means a lot to me, and because Samuel is one of the only friends I've had in a long time I felt like I knew him enough to intervene when I saw something I thought was wrong. And back then I just saw my friend being in this relationship that didn't seem to be healthy with a guy I didn't like and I wanted to defend him. I don't think that's an irrational thing to do,"

Matthew was touching on the reason why Samuel had kept being friends with him despite making Roman feel so horrible. He hadn't said what he had said to hurt Roman, sure, he obviously hadn't cared if that happened in the process, but he had said what he had said because he cared about Samuel.

"But in reality I didn't really know the full extent of your relationship or what you two had been through, I still don't know all of it… And I don't actually know anything about relationships? And my opinion was definitely in part due to the fact that we never really got along to begin with," Samuel was really happy Matthew was admitting this, that he knew he had treated Roman unfairly and that his actions didn't come entirely from a place of trying to be a good friend, "So, I was wrong, I've known that for a while now, I've just been too stuck up to apologize, but I really am sorry and I hope you can forgive me even if we might not be able to be friends."

Matthew was entirely quiet for a couple of seconds, just staring straight ahead at the other two, in the background Allison's laughs and Lady's barks could be heard clearly. And then Matthew seemed to remember how he had started his rant, "I'm done now,"

r o m a n
Roman was convinced that he was dreaming. There was no way that Matthew could possibly be apologising to him.

But somehow he was. Somehow, he was sitting there and saying sorry to Roman for how he had treated him that time. He was admitting that he was wrong, admitting that he didn't know much about Roman and Samuel's relationship, admitting that he had treated Roman unfairly. Roman was very surprised, but also somewhat ... touched. He hadn't thought that Matthew was capable of being this sincere.

Roman looked up at Samuel when Matthew announced that he was done. Roman wasn't sure if he would ever be able to get along with Matthew. He wasn't sure if he would ever be able to be the other man's friend. But ... he did know that he now had the opportunity to make Samuel at least a little happier.

So he turned back to Matthew and nodded.

"I accept your apology, and I forgive you ... thank you."

"Thanks," Matthew honestly looked relieved that Roman had forgiven him. Samuel wasn't sure what Matthew had expected. In Samuel's eyes it was pretty obvious that Roman would accept the apology but Matthew didn't see Roman the way Samuel saw him so it was possible that he had thought there was a pretty good chance he'd have his apology rejected.

"So uh, this is why I was here, so I'm just going to leave now," Matthew said a little awkwardly and stood up. Samuel stayed on his spot on the armrest.

"You don't have leave right away" Samuel insisted, although it honestly might be for the best if Matthew left for now. He and Roman wasn't going to magically like each other just because of an apology, and Matthew was probably a little emotionally unstable after just giving them his reasons, adding Roman to that wouldn't do any good. Hopefully this meant Matthew could come over in the future though, the though made Samuel happy.

"No, I have things to do so I should get home," Matthew shrugged, his tone was back to being flat and it felt a little more normal. He was smart enough to recognize that now wasn't the time to try to hang out with Roman for the first time in over a year either.

Matthew made his way back to the hallway but Samuel hurried after him, "hang on,"

He pulled his friend into a quick and light hug, Matthew didn't stop him, he was a surprisingly affectionate person, "Thanks, it means a lot that you did this,"

"I wouldn't have had to if I hadn't acted like an asshole to begin with," Matthew shrugged, "I'm sorry I hurt you,"

Samuel had heard him say that plenty of times so he just smiled and said "it's okay, don't worry,"

After that a faint ding and Allison yelling Roman's name could be heard, so, Matthew told them they could get back to what they were doing said his proper goodbyes to all three of them. When he had left Samuel opted to stay with Roman and Allison in the kitchen instead of going back to reading. He fished up Malfoy from the floor and sat down by the table.

"I really didn't expect that," Samuel said as he gave the kitten some gentle scratches and pets.