Sailing in the Sky (Sign Ups and OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering he has disassociative identities, that could very well be what caused him to be branded schizophrenic and even then; schizophrenia comes in varying degrees. For some people they become hostile due to it but this character doesnt exhibit any hostility due to it. Plus, genius-level xenobiologists are bound to come with some mental disorders of some sort as they can be perpetuated by their own ambitions.
It is recorded on his resume and he does "take medication" (lol no he doesnt). Most of the time, hes just seen talking to himself about random shit when his psychoses start acting up. One minute you might be talking to his normal self then be talking to one of his others the next minute. On the plus side, they all work with each other in tandem. But back to your original question; yea, on his resume and has medical documentation for it all.
I have some concerns, with the statements here. While you do seem to have understanding of the mental disorders you have given your character, it also seems as if they may have been added to the character just because, why not. Intelligent, and even genius level people do not necessarily have mental disorders.

I feel like your character should be properly medicated at most times.Especially considering a slightly less intelligent xenobiologist without any mental disorders would likely have a better chance on making the cut for the crew.

Mostly my worry stems from having bad experiences with people playing characters with mental illnesses (mostly schizophrenia) haha, so I'm just a bit cautious is all.

I wish I could help alleviate your worries with proof of my experience with playing characters such as this but most of my experience comes from personal experience. The traits I gave my character are more representative of myself than on a whim.

I wish I could help alleviate your worries with proof of my experience with playing characters such as this but most of my experience comes from personal experience. The traits I gave my character are more representative of myself than on a whim.
Ah, I see. I think that should be fine then.

If you would rather me rewrite my character, I can. It wouldnt be that big of an issue for me.

That guy sounds like a total basket case...so is he controlled well on the meds since their like futuristic space stuff?

Omfg it's so damn cold out side I live in the south i am not equipt to deal with this..

And I do see your point, if he captain isn't up then no real rp yet so...my impatience blinds me sometimes

Did Mari 4 get accepted, or has she been rejected?

@egglegg, perhaps you should take the Captain position. I don't think a Captain who is not the GM is a good idea in the current scenario.

Waa you seem like you'd be a great captain though.....:(

@egglegg, perhaps you should take the Captain position. I don't think a Captain who is not the GM is a good idea in the current scenario.
No I think you will make a better captain then I will once the game is up and running. As long as we communicate everything should be fine.

Submitting my application for your review, sir.

Name: Mari 4
Species: Humanoid Clone (actual species unknown)
Appearance: Tall, long black hair, wears glasses but non-prescriptive types
Position on Ship: Engineer, but aspiring to be First Officer
Personality: Flirty, friendly, adventurous
Back Story: Mari 4 was the 4th of over 1000 clones at a merchant's shipbuilding factory orbiting Mars. At approximately 17 years of age, she became self aware, broke out of the factory and escaped to Earth. She gained admission to the Japan Self Defense Force Academy, majoring in Aerospace Engineering. Her career in the Self Defense Force was cut short after four years when she was dishonorably discharged for being involved in an affair with her Commanding Officer, a married man who managed to keep his position.
Strengths: Courageous, focused on mission, caring, military sharp, experienced in managing ship structure and engines.
Weaknesses: Gets distracted (especially by good-looking men), will break rules when she thinks it's okay, emotional at times, tries too hard to succeed or stand out at times.
Other: As one of over 1000 clones, at times Mari 4 finds herself struggling to prove her value as an individual, even when her worth is not in question. She sometimes tries too hard to stand out, when she's not focused on her job, or a guy. When she's daydreaming, her thoughts run to the place she escaped from, her 1000 sisters she left behind, and that she has no memory of her parents/lineage. She is always referred to as "Mari" by friends and colleagues, but she insists on referring to herself as "Mari 4", likely in tribute to her origin.
Sounds good to me!

Reactions: Mari
So our ship is a pirate ship called the Black King? Sweet name.

So our ship is a pirate ship called the Black King? Sweet name.
That's the name the source made for it, I had other plans but the Black King is a good name if everyone likes it.

It's kinda classic adventure like ship name.

Name: Marcus Holland

Species: Human
Appearance:

Position on Ship: Engineer
Personality: Respectful, adventurous, smart, witty, slightly introverted

Back Story: Marcus practically grew up in his fathers mechanic shop, and learned all about machinery from him. Being naturally good with machines, he managed to build his own hoverbike from spare parts, and to this day continues on improving the design. He has always had a sense of adventure, and when he heard of the job, he immediately applied, hoping to finally get to go on the adventure he had always dreamed of.

Strengths: Great with machinery (building/repairing), physically strong, generally well mannered, loyal.

Weaknesses: Slightly introverted so he doesnt like big crowds, is picky about people who try and help him with the machines, can be very sarcastic without meaning to be.

Other: You'll know he enjoys your company if he offers you a cigarette.

Name: Marcus Holland

Species: Human
Appearance:

Position on Ship: Engineer
Personality: Respectful, adventurous, smart, witty, slightly introverted

Back Story: Marcus practically grew up in his fathers mechanic shop, and learned all about machinery from him. Being naturally good with machines, he managed to build his own hoverbike from spare parts, and to this day continues on improving the design. He has always had a sense of adventure, and when he heard of the job, he immediately applied, hoping to finally get to go on the adventure he had always dreamed of.

Strengths: Great with machinery (building/repairing), physically strong, generally well mannered, loyal.

Weaknesses: Slightly introverted so he doesnt like big crowds, is picky about people who try and help him with the machines, can be very sarcastic without meaning to be.

Other: You'll know he enjoys your company if he offers you a cigarette.
Oh thank goodness someone is playing an engineer...

Reactions: ProfessorNv
So I see this crew has a few medical persons and some engineering types aswell, save for captain what other type of roles are you looking for? Other general space ship crew members, just people in control of specialized parts of the ship etc. Or is there room/need for muscle? like a mercenary for 'asset protection and securing'? Or any other character that doesn't necessarily fulfill a specific job?

Reactions: Navi Jay
I can't really make my CS until Aza does due to them being childhood friends.

So I see this crew has a few medical persons and some engineering types aswell, save for captain what other type of roles are you looking for? Other general space ship crew members, just people in control of specialized parts of the ship etc. Or is there room/need for muscle? like a mercenary for 'asset protection and securing'? Or any other character that doesn't necessarily fulfill a specific job?

Since no one has responded to you honey, yes we would need a mercenary or perhaps some military muscle around also a commander who mainly drives the ship, I really want a funny salty cook aboard but that's a personal wish lol. Also a navigator of sorts id imagine. And a astronomer for Galaxy knowledge

Awesome glad to hear it, I'll get to work on a CS. I've had a character in mind for something like this for a while hopefully have it up later tonight or in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.