Sailing in the Sky (Sign Ups and OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Marcus Holland

Species: Human
Appearance:

Position on Ship: Engineer
Personality: Respectful, adventurous, smart, witty, slightly introverted

Back Story: Marcus practically grew up in his fathers mechanic shop, and learned all about machinery from him. Being naturally good with machines, he managed to build his own hoverbike from spare parts, and to this day continues on improving the design. He has always had a sense of adventure, and when he heard of the job, he immediately applied, hoping to finally get to go on the adventure he had always dreamed of.

Strengths: Great with machinery (building/repairing), physically strong, generally well mannered, loyal.

Weaknesses: Slightly introverted so he doesnt like big crowds, is picky about people who try and help him with the machines, can be very sarcastic without meaning to be.

Other: You'll know he enjoys your company if he offers you a cigarette.

Sounds good!

So I see this crew has a few medical persons and some engineering types aswell, save for captain what other type of roles are you looking for? Other general space ship crew members, just people in control of specialized parts of the ship etc. Or is there room/need for muscle? like a mercenary for 'asset protection and securing'? Or any other character that doesn't necessarily fulfill a specific job?
Certainly, muscle would be a great addition to the crew.

I can't really make my CS until Aza does due to them being childhood friends.
Go for it, I'll be a human female (Captain Auriana) and as long as you don't go far out of field and don't make our friendship a central tenet of your CS we should be fine. Just be general and I'll try and catch up.

She also won't be too young, this is the year 3K+ so I imagine our lifespans have increased. I'll be putting her in the vicinity of forty.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
CirvxND.jpg

Name: Captain Auriana Belarus

Species: Human

Position on Ship: El Capitán

Personality:
  • Commanding, Auriana has a knack for being in charge. She is calm, collected and a quick decision maker, leading people to look to her in times of crisis.(+)​
  • Thick Skinned, Auriana doesn't let things get to her. When people attempt to rile her up, or make her act rashly they're usually in for a surprise.(+)​
  • Aloof, Auriana does not try to distance herself from those serving under her, but it is often the end result. She takes her position seriously and often stands above her crew, rather than on their level. (-)​
  • Accommodating, Auriana allows room for compromises in her decision making. She has no desire or reason to stick rigidly to one side of an issue, and will often consider the preservation or installation of unity to be most important when her decision involves multiple parties. (+/-)​
  • Detached, Auriana is a traveler by nature. While she may hold a certain fondness for some places over others, she does not express any attachment or patriotism for these places, including her own home. Her loyalty is to her ship. (+/-)​

Back Story:

Auriana has an ambiguous childhood filled with travel from which she doesn't retain much beyond a few contacts in various regions, after she became old enough she left her parents and joined the Terran Collective Star Navy as a marine, after which she was assigned to the crew of the TCV Solemn Duty. Her military career saw several major engagements, and her promotions afforded her the finances and clearance for a variety of non-standard cybernetic enhancements which she maintains and updates to this day. After ten years in the Navy, however, her exploits saw her promoted to the officer corps where she was trained to command vessels. It quickly became apparent to her that this was what she was meant to do, she had the skill and strong will needed for the position and she found the work satisfying. However, the strictures of military command and the limitations of the position irritated her. After several years she retired from that position and sought to use her experience to pilot her own craft, for exploration and military purposes. The effort to find the right ship took her across the galaxy, where after a few years of working for smaller vessels and other crews she encountered the chance of a life time.

She won a ship in a game of chance, the stakes were high with her life savings, and even her body on the line, but the ship was too good to pass up. She was on a rogue station, crewed by pirates, and moored in its docks was The Black King, a newly renovated pirate cruiser made out of the hull of a luxury cruise ship. Although some still call it by its original name, Auriana committed the taboo of renaming a ship and designated it The Vixen, a name she deemed appropriate. From there she has been seeking a capable crew, many of the base positions have been filled and all she has left to hunt down are the experienced officers she will need to keep the vessel moving.

Strengths:
  • Thinking and analyzing.​
  • Fighting, with either ranged or melee weapons.​
  • Financial dealings.​
  • Gambling.​

Weaknesses:
  • Sharing (information).​
  • Relating to others.​
  • Inspiring love and loyalty.​

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Alright, that sounds extreme bordering on ludicrous. Mainly the race, their location, and the premise for their existence...coupled with the name Dylan.

View attachment 54337
Name: Dylan

Species: Nocolocoan- The odd wolf-man like creatures that inhabit Nocoloco, a desert planet that, due to a small ripple in space time, is permanently set as Earthen Mexico. Therefor Nocolocoans speak Spanish naturally. It is unknown if this is also part of the ripples effects but Nocolocoans are insanely addicted to explosives and guns. Even though this sounds like a bad thing, which it is on most cases it is, but there is no being in the galaxy that knows bombs and bullets better then a Nocolocoan.

Position on the ship: Gun smith and explosive master

Personality:
Dylan can be summed up in one word, nuts. He is known to twitch randomly, talk to his bombs, and go into a pyromaniac fury in battle, not to mention he isn't the brightest of the bunch. Beyond that, he can be rather friendly, not exactly the type to explain your feelings to but a nice guy. He is very obedient especially to Auriana and will remain loyal to the bitter end.

Back Story:
One day when Auriana was only a few years from her leaving of her family, a young dog seemingly popped out of nowhere on the family's ship after a short trip to Nocoloco. The pup was adopted by the Belarus and was named Dylan. Dylan was a very friendly puppy although a bit odd. He had a tendency to twitch and would paw at black circular objects and red cylindrical objects then wait, staring at them until you pulled him away. When Auriana left the pup would have none of it, and stowed away in her ship. When his owner joined the Navy he was supposed to be a war dog, fitted with the latest in canine laser technology. This however never happened. When Dylan was found eligible to be a war dog he began to change. He slowly became humanoid and was classified as a Nocolocoan. After the 'holy shit my dog is a alien' faze Auriana taught Dylan how to speak in English which he still has a bit of trouble with. He was swiftly made a grenadier and a gun smith as his skills surpassed even the most highly trained soldiers in the profession. He followed Auriana with undying devotion, his tendencies somewhat down grading her commanding stature. Therefor by default he was implored into the crew as a weapon crafter and a explosive master.

Strengths:
- Gun craft
- Anything having to do with explosives
- Loyalty

Weaknesses:
- Remaining somewhat sane
- "Smartness"
- Any noise at or above the pitch of a dog whistle
Okay, so, here's the problem I have with this. The species its self, being a race of wolf like humans is fine, the tear in space time is stretching it, and the natural obsession with guns is too. And I'm not quite sure I understand how he could look like a regular puppy for so long if that is not what he is? I would like you to revise your cs to make it more believable, this is scifi not fantasy.

the guy sounds wicked though so props for that.

Sorry, I'm reading Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy so I have quite a few silly alien characters in my head. I'll spruce it up in a bit.

IMG_20150108_193630_163_zps7a61c6d4.jpg

Pictured: Feng in his standard outfit "liberating" audio equipment and a shipment of ancient vinyl's

Name: Nhills Feng, "Roaring Feng". Prefers to just be called 'Feng.' But begrudgingly answers to Nhills.

Species: Feng belongs to a Humanoid vaguely Reptilian race called the Slalin. Slalin come in a multitude of colors and are more often than not darker in hue.
Their skin is rough and scaly in a few places, mostly the elbows, knees, back of the neck and a few other places varying from person to person. But for the most part have dry, rough 'skin' over their body. Their homeworld is the desert planet Grandphos.

Appearance: Nhills is a dark rusty orange color with equally dark blue markings all over his body in the form of jagged lines. He's an average height around 5'10". He has the facial features of flat faced lizard, not dissimilar to snake. Green eyes with slit pupils and a mouth full of sharp little teeth. Feng carries a handful of scars and marks across his body none that stand out too much. His most notable feature are his facial markings in the form of dark blue, almost black, jagged lines under his eyes going horizontally to the side of his head and a single 'spike' shaped marking in the middle of his face that starts at what would be the bridge of his nose and ends at his lips in a sharp point.

Position on Ship: "Asset protection" but is actually just a hired mercenary.

Personality: Feng is a professional deep down but he's childish and prefers to do things his own way despite usually being a very roundabout way of completing a task. He has a deep love of old earth music and collects it, because of this he's constantly on the search for more and tends to whistle or outright sing. Feng is very outgoing and will often speak his mind without a second thought he can be stubborn but dislikes upsetting people in a personal way and will be the first to apologize, but he doesn't mind annoying people just because he can.

Back Story: Feng was an only child, and more or less grew up into a family of freelancers. He set off on his own at a young age, somewhere deep down wishing to live the great adventure his parents did in their younger years. Over the course of his life he discovered music, not something common to Slalin culture and instantly fell in love. He adapted this to his line of work and often would blast music over his own personal speaker system which either annoyed comrades or made them want to fight. He soon learned how to utilize sound waves to disorient people he's in gunfights with, earning him the nickname "Roaring Feng". He even had a suit custom made that doubled as Hazardous environment suit, but also had sound dampening device to protect his body from the intense sound waves he often used. Nhills attention was caught when a ship was looking for some personal security, the pay didn't matter the idea of moving around constantly is what fed his wanderlust.

Strengths:
-Excellent small arms fighter.
-Unorthodox method of using sound to his advantage.
-Professional attitude when it comes to getting work done.

Weaknesses:
-Despite having a professional attitude, he can be too in-your-face for most. And borderline childish.
-Is not quiet at all, does not know the meaning of stealth.
-Will do something his way rather than the right way more often than not.
-Values material possessions, namely music, higher than life.

Other: Slalin average life span is around 130 years, they do not do well in colder climates. Likes rain a lot.

Sorry if it's a little sloppy I've been busy the past few days and had to do it all from my phone, but if there is anything that's weird or needs fixing or whatever let me know, yo.

Last edited:
Name: Nhills "Roaring" Feng, Prefers to just be called 'Feng.' But begrudgingly answers to Nhills.

Species: Feng belongs to a Humanoid vaguely Reptilian race called the Slalin. Slalin come in a multitude of colors and are more often than not darker in hue.
Their skin is rough and scaly in a few places mostly the elbows, knees, back of the neck and a few other places, usually varying from person to person, but to the most part have dry, rough 'skin' over their body. Their homeworld is the desert planet Grandphos.

Appearance: Nhills is a dark rusty orange color with equally dark blue markings all over his body in the form of jagged lines. He's average height around 5'10". He has the facial features of flat faced lizard, Green eyes with slit pupils and a mouth full of sharp little teeth.

IMG_20150108_193630_163_zps7a61c6d4.jpg

Pictured: Feng in his standard outfit "liberating" audio equipment and a shipment of ancient vinyl's.

Position on Ship: "Asset protection" but is actually just a hired mercenary.

Personality: Feng is a professional deep down but he's childish and prefers to do things his own way despite usually being a very roundabout way of completing a task. He has a deep love of old earth music and collects it, because of this he's constantly on the search for more and tends to whistle or outright sing. Feng is very outgoing and will often speak his mind without a second thought he can be stubborn but dislikes upsetting people in a personal way and will be the first to apologize, but he doesn't mind annoying people just because he can.

Back Story: Feng was an only child, and more or less grew up into a family of freelancers, he set off on his own at a young age, somewhere deep down wishing to live the great adventure his parents did in their younger years. Over the course of his life he discovered music, not something common to Slalin culture and instantly fell in love, He adapted this to his line of work and often would blast music over his own personal speaker system which either annoyed comrades or made them want to fight. He soon learned how to utilize sound waves to disorient people he's in gunfights with, earning him the nickname "Roaring Feng". Nhills attention was caught when a ship was looking for some personal security, the pay didn't matter the idea of moving around constantly is what fed his wanderlust.

Strengths: -Excellent small arms fighter.
-Unorthodox method of using sound to his advantage.
-Professional attitude when it comes to getting work done.

Weaknesses: -Despite having a professional attitude, he can be too in-your-face for most.
-Is not quite at all, does not know the meaning of stealth.
-Will do something his way rather than the right way more often than not.
-Values music higher than life.

Other: Slalin average life span is around 130 years, they do not do well in colder climates.

Sorry if it's a little sloppy I've been busy the past few days and had to do it all from my phone, but if there is anything that's weird or needs fixing or whatever let me know, yo.
sounds good to me!

Name: King Fenian
Species: Minga. Native to Cenndri, a planet that due to infertile soil on the surface, all its life exists in its complex cave systems. The Minga are a race of short humanoid creatures that bear a resemblance to white Earthen rabbits. Don't let their appearance fool you, Minga are hardened warriors. This is because of the multitude of extremely dangerous creatures that they must fight off constantly to defend their small villages. Without the technology to create guns, Mingas are trained from birth to use their small weight to their advantage, swiftly coming up to the enemy and killing them as quickly as possible. The Minga have been discovered only a few years ago and often export the rare materials that are rich in Cenndi.
Appearance: image.jpg
Height: 3'8"
Weight: 62

Position on ship: Mercenary

Personality: King can be pretty much summed up as a hardass. Cold, not one to request aid, and short tempered. King is also practically devoid of fear, he doesn't care about how big, strong, or well armed you are, he is sure that he can slit your throat just as fast as he slit anyone else's throat. He rarely trusts anyone except a fellow Minga.

Backstory: Like all Mingas, King was trained from birth to defend his village and showed considerable skill on the battle field. This was because his father was rather demanding of him even to the point where he would leave him deep in the caves to find his own way back. This made King a near unstoppable warrior but hardened him to others. King wished to become a legend like his father desired so he stole a very sacred heirloom, sword made purely of nitor, a extraordinarily rare metal that was harder then titanium yet easily melted and bended when such. He then stowed away on a trading ship and vowed to return only after he made his father proud. He became a mercenary and traveled the Galaxy, eventually coming across a high paying job that could be just what he needs to complete his vow or at least get a whole load of cash.

Strengths:
- Combat skills
- Agility
- Stealth
- Fearlessness

Weaknesses:
- Can't use a gun if he tried
- Refuses to be helped
- Strength

I couldn't properly fix Dylan's CS for a multitude of reasons so I went for something more straight-forward as there would probably be more then one mercenary hired.

Prettied my CS up a bit and changed a few minor things since I had extended use of a computer for the first time in a while, still might tweak a few things here and there.

Reactions: Navi Jay
Prettied my CS up a bit and changed a few minor things since I had extended use of a computer for the first time in a while, still might tweak a few things here and there.
alright. It looks great!

Name: King Fenian
Species: Minga. Native to Cenndri, a planet that due to infertile soil on the surface, all its life exists in its complex cave systems. The Minga are a race of short humanoid creatures that bear a resemblance to white Earthen rabbits. Don't let their appearance fool you, Minga are hardened warriors. This is because of the multitude of extremely dangerous creatures that they must fight off constantly to defend their small villages. Without the technology to create guns, Mingas are trained from birth to use their small weight to their advantage, swiftly coming up to the enemy and killing them as quickly as possible. The Minga have been discovered only a few years ago and often export the rare materials that are rich in Cenndi.
Appearance: View attachment 54549
Height: 3'8"
Weight: 62

Position on ship: Mercenary

Personality: King can be pretty much summed up as a hardass. Cold, not one to request aid, and short tempered. King is also practically devoid of fear, he doesn't care about how big, strong, or well armed you are, he is sure that he can slit your throat just as fast as he slit anyone else's throat. He rarely trusts anyone except a fellow Minga.

Backstory: Like all Mingas, King was trained from birth to defend his village and showed considerable skill on the battle field. This was because his father was rather demanding of him even to the point where he would leave him deep in the caves to find his own way back. This made King a near unstoppable warrior but hardened him to others. King wished to become a legend like his father desired so he stole a very sacred heirloom, sword made purely of nitor, a extraordinarily rare metal that was harder then titanium yet easily melted and bended when such. He then stowed away on a trading ship and vowed to return only after he made his father proud. He became a mercenary and traveled the Galaxy, eventually coming across a high paying job that could be just what he needs to complete his vow or at least get a whole load of cash.

Strengths:
- Combat skills
- Agility
- Stealth
- Fearlessness

Weaknesses:
- Can't use a gun if he tried
- Refuses to be helped
- Strength

I couldn't properly fix Dylan's CS for a multitude of reasons so I went for something more straight-forward as there would probably be more then one mercenary hired.
Oh cool! Another cave dwelling species, this sounds much more like what this group is looking for! Thank you for re-doing your sheet :)

Alright, so how many people do we have now?
About six if I counted right.
I should be able to get the in character up tonight if that sounds good @Azathoth
Although, since you're the captain, you could make it if you think that would be better. I'm easy either way.

Alright, so how many people do we have now?
About six if I counted right.
I should be able to get the in character up tonight if that sounds good @Azathoth
Although, since you're the captain, you could make it if you think that would be better. I'm easy either way.

You can make the thread and set the stage, I'll make an introductory post that will establish the ship.

Sound good?

Status
Not open for further replies.