☆RWBY RP: Rescuing Remnant☆

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized I should probably post 8D not now though.

Yes! @Deuce when will MPLE be able to post? I am aware we're accepted, but we need to know when there's an opening for us to post something!

Oh, yeah, that's a thing as well.

Characters already accepted into Beacon, right? They be experienced and stuff? (I know this was discussed before but I'm too lazy to go back and check plus I don't...really...read stuff. Great stand-in GM I am! 8D)

Oh, yeah, that's a thing as well.

Characters already accepted into Beacon, right? They be experienced and stuff? (I know this was discussed before but I'm too lazy to go back and check plus I don't...really...read stuff. Great stand-in GM I am! 8D)
yes.

Well, I think we were going with transfer students until we found out you guys needed them to be a certain age. Older Beacon students should be fine. Unless there was something specific in their backgrounds that required having been transferred, too?

Well, I think we were going with transfer students until we found out you guys needed them to be a certain age. Older Beacon students should be fine. Unless there was something specific in their backgrounds that required having been transferred, too?
Now that you mention it, I don't really remember exactly why we had to be transfer students. And I'm too lazy to look back, so I'd say we don't have to be.

Yeah, it had just been an explanation why they weren't in the opening ceremony portions, but they would be joining the rest of the RP. Didn't want you guys waiting for the tournament. Then the age thing came up, so you should be fine without that part. Still not sure how we'll be incorporating everything that way, but I'm guessing it'll just be classes without too much focus, then maybe they all get sent on the same mission at the end of the year (haha, you guys have to babysit :P)

Sure! I don't see why that wouldn't work out! And I'm not exactly sure many characters on our team have the patience to babysit. But hey, that'll make it fun!

I was still thinking more the transfer students idea. Older students, same rank except they've already passed their exam and have been moved to beacon soon after it.

Well, we could still be transfer students. Whatever makes more sense. I think that even if they weren't, they'd still have classes with the other characters. (Velvet is a second year student and had Oobleck's class with team RWBY and JNPR.)

Well, we could still be transfer students. Whatever makes more sense. I think that even if they weren't, they'd still have classes with the other characters. (Velvet is a second year student and had Oobleck's class with team RWBY and JNPR.)
Everyone is starting fresh in this RP. While team RWBY exists they are away as stated in the first page

Velvet is a canon faunus-bunny, I think he was just offering an example how some of the students can take classes together despite year differences. The RP is supposed to focus more on school life. Having MPLE in the same year would make that easier since we don't really know the school system (classes could be selected, mixing years, or it's totally possible with the bullying Velvet's received, she would fail a class or two and have to retake them with the first years). They could be from another school that started a year or two later than Beacon academy and they transfer part of the way into the school year. This means we'd either have to RP without MPLE for a while or timeskip the RP to that point, so we wouldn't have a "first day" thing for the original teams (PYCH and MDNT, I mean). They could also have started earlier or graduate later or something that implies a less rigorous study which equates their transcript to that of a Beacon first year. This would allow MPLE to start right away. Then there's also simply being older students and having some classes together for whatever argument we have of that. Or this team is simply made up of older students who joined Beacon later than the average student (Hazel took a year off to trim and train her body before applying/accepting her invitation to Beacon) but all first years, in which case you could start now if you wanted.

Lots of options. I'd say pick your top two and see what the GMs say.

Alright. I have spoken with my team, and we have agreed on how we will have our characters be older, but still have classes with all the rest of the characters. We could say that we are transfer students from Signal, but the curriculum at Signal is VASTLY different. So different, in fact, that our characters would be taking the classes taken by first year students at Beacon in their last year at Signal. To add to the legitimacy of this tactic, canon RWBY supports it a wee bit. Emerald and Mercury are older than the first year students, and are registered as exchange students, but they have a class with teams RWBY and JNPR (the class where Mercury fights Pyrrah and finds out what Pyrrah's semblance is). So... Yeah! We could be transfer students from a school with a different curriculum!

Reactions: redlemonaide
Alright. I have spoken with my team, and we have agreed on how we will have our characters be older, but still have classes with all the rest of the characters. We could say that we are transfer students from Signal, but the curriculum at Signal is VASTLY different. So different, in fact, that our characters would be taking the classes taken by first year students at Beacon in their last year at Signal. To add to the legitimacy of this tactic, canon RWBY supports it a wee bit. Emerald and Mercury are older than the first year students, and are registered as exchange students, but they have a class with teams RWBY and JNPR (the class where Mercury fights Pyrrah and finds out what Pyrrah's semblance is). So... Yeah! We could be transfer students from a school with a different curriculum!
Once again, everyone is equal school and lesson wise. no advantages over the others. everyone will be learning things at the same time and on the same level.

Reactions: redlemonaide
Once again, everyone is equal school and lesson wise. no advantages over the others. everyone will be learning things at the same time and on the same level.
Well, of course! I don't plan on saying "Masaru can do this because he's more experienced" because that would make the RP unbalanced, and that's no fun. By that logic, all you have to do is make your character older, and TADA!!!! OP character. And I think I speak for my entire team when I say that none of us want OP characters. They will go about their business with the same level of skill as the rest of the characters.

Reactions: Zacharia Finch
Status
Not open for further replies.