Legends, stories scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants, byproducts, of a forgotten past. Man, born from dust, was strong, wise, and resourceful. But he was born into an unforgiving world. An inevitable darkness, creatures of destruction. The creatures of Grimm set their sights on man and all of his creations. These forces clashed and it seemed the darkness was intent on returning man’s brief existence to the void. However, even the smallest spark of hope is enough to ignite change and in time, man’s passion, resourcefulness and ingenuity led them to the tools that would help even the odds. This power was appropriately named, “dust”. Nature’s wrath in hand, man lit their way through the darkness and in the shadow’s absence, came strength, civilization, and most importantly, life. Even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker and die. And when they are gone… darkness will return. So, you may prepare your guardians… Build your monuments to a so-called free world, but take heed… There will be no victory in strength.
This RP is a simple one. Based in the world of RWBY, it will follow three teams that stand out above the rest at Beacon Academy. Team Caramel (CRML), Team Midnight (MDNT) and Team Peach (PYCH). These students who all have unique abilities, personalities, and talents, will be the stars of this RP. There will be focus mainly on school life and following these young adults as they work towards the same goal: To become worthy of the title Hunter or Huntress. This RP will be dark, gory and heart wrenching... as well as exciting, random... and possibly romantic. Who knows? There will be plenty of opportunities for the students to showcase their skills, but that will not be the main focus of the RP. This will take place during the first season of RWBY and eventually extend to after season two as we take our time and progress through the story. Though the White Fang will be a part of our story, it will be less important than it was in the show. The canon characters eill exist in this RP and will do what they usually do. We are not their replacement.
So if we are not the main characters, who are we?
That question is a simple one. We will be the C-Team so to speak. We are the individuals who will work in a more localized fashion: helping out small villages around the kingdoms from separate threats and protecting the borders, while the main characters are tying to save the world as a whole. We do some important things here and there, and eventually go up against a new 'terrorist' organization - The Grimm Reapers - whose goal will not be known to the characters for some time.
So, without further delay, let's move on to the fun part: Character Creation! Please pick a Team and reserve a letter! Remember to follow the CNR Guide when making your character. Post your completed CS here for review.
The Character Template:
1) Basic info:
Name: (pick a team and a letter from that team.)
Team/occupation: (put said team here)
Species: (Faunus or Human)
Aura/Effects: (color and visual effect - if any - of your aura)
Symbol: (picture or discription)
Physical traits: (noticeable scars, piercings, etc. on your character)
Misc traits: (anything else about her normal appearance that should be noted)
Face: (shape, eye shape, nose size, little stuff like that)
Background: (Fill this in only if you feel its important. I believe its more fun to reveal over time, to give mystery to the character)
Type: (use this link as a guide.)
Weapon Derivation: (what inspired the weapon)
Holstered/Sheathed Appearance: (How it looks when not in use. picture or description)
Form 2: (if applicable)
Form 3: (if applicable)
Features/Capabilities: (special functions like dust channeling capacity, alternate firing modes that do not cause a change in shape)
Notes: (trivia, name meaning, etc)
General description: (summarize the semblance briefly)
General limitations: (if a limitation is applied on most abilities, put it here as long as it isn't just the aura cost)
Passive ability(x): (something that happens without thinking or control, this applies everywhere)
6) Combat info:
Team Caramel (CRML)
- C - Clay Cassiel (Shadowy)
- R - Rococo Aoki (ERode)
- M - Marigold Patel (RareSecret)
- L - Lavand Gias (Zombehs)
- M - Magnolia Cadenza (Winter)
- D - Desire Indo (Expllo)
- N - Niyol Tate (Sairoh)
- T - Tabitha Carabas (CasketCase)
- P - Prussian Gerhardt (Angelic Fusion)
- Y - Yeurquin Ki (NewKingofDrangleic)
- C - Connie Magenta (White Angel)
- H - Hazel Grimhilde (redlemonaide)
For the sake of confusion, lets just have all players have the same schedule?
Monday thru Friday, Classes are as follows:
- 9:00-10:20am: History (Lecture)
- 10:30-11:50am: Grimm Studies - Taught by Prof. Peter Port (Lecture)
- 12:00-1:20pm: Survival - Taught by Dr. Bartholomew Oobleck (Lecture/Field Trip)
- 1:30-2:30pm: Lunch (Free time for all!)
- 2:45-4:00pm: Mathematics (Lecture)
- 4:00-5:00pm: Study Hall (More free time!)
- 5:15-6:30pm: Combat - Taught by Ms. Glynda Goodwitch (PvP action here!)
Current: Entrance Ceremony
Upcoming: Team Formation Exercise
Upcoming: First Day of Classes
1. First rule: Do not be a dick. No arguments in the OOC. If you have a disagreement with someone resolve it respectfully like adults. If you're not an adult... humor us and pretend to have some sense then. No name calling and other stuff thats just outright rude. Not only is it annoying, it turns people off the rp when some people are always picking fights with others. Arguements/disagreements in IC is fine, of course. It creates drama.
2. Second rule: No power-playing, metagaming, or anything of that sort. If there is a fight between two player characters, do not auto-hit. I'm sure we all know what this means. Remember your character is still a student, not a full fledged Hunter/Huntress yet. Your not going to easily take down a dozen or so Grimm with one move. Play out the struggle, makes it more fun.
3. Third rule: Try to keep things at a set pace. Do not 1x1 with each other for ten pages, while the others watch in betrayal. Similarly, try not to keep the spotlight. Everything isn't centered around your character. Mini-plots are fine, as long as others are included. And pass it by me first. At the same time, try not to be away for long periods of time. This rp is a commitment. If you cant commit, just don't join. If you need to leave for whatever reason, please tell us.
4. Fourth Rule: Fights will be bloody, yes, and you can go into detail, but no sexy scenes. Kissing, hugging, all of that is fine, but when the zipper comes undone, so will the fun.
5. Fifth Rule: Respect your GM please. I'm not that too strict a GM but please dont try to undermine my authority. There's a difference between offering suggestions (which I love) and trying to control the RP yourself (which is rude and annoying).
6. Final Rule: Have fun! This RP is not meant to cause any kind of stress or anxiety, lets all try to make it fun for everyone!
Last edited by a moderator: