RWBY: A Chance at the Lime Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
For simplicity's sake, couldn't we just put the color (Red) and the elemental attribute (fire). It allows us to stick with In-Universe terminology while also keeping things simple for others who may not be as knowledgeable.

Really? I would've thought it was lightning
Nope, Lightning is Light blue, while Ice is white. water is deep blue.
Glynda uses purple, her abilites are TK and moving shit.

For simplicity's sake, couldn't we just put the color (Red) and the elemental attribute (fire). It allows us to stick with In-Universe terminology while also keeping things simple for others who may not be as knowledgeable.
while I would agree, there are some Elemental attributes that WOULDN'T exist, IE Metal, Acid, cloud. ect. but for simplicities sake I agree.

Alright. I made the necessary edits to end this issue once and for all. I have admitted my unfamiliarity with dust and their different effects. I am not as a knowledgeable in the world of RWBY as @EddiEddi and I am not smart enough to figure out the other effects of dust. There you have it.

Can we please just move on from this? Geezus.

Alright. I made the necessary edits to end this issue once and for all. I have admitted my unfamiliarity with dust and their different effects. I am not as a knowledgeable in the world of RWBY as @EddiEddi and I am not smart enough to figure out the other effects of dust. There you have it.

Can we please just move on from this? Geezus.
I'm not arguing against you, nor your CS. I'm simply saying that some use of correct terms would be nice.

I had a RWBY roleplay about 2 years ago. Maybe this helps you a little. It's from the OOC from back then.
  • Red - The most common speculation regarding the Red color, is that it dramatically increases physical strength/vitality. This is shown very well by Weiss as she repels the gray knight's sword after activating red dust, and Adam Taurus as he slices a mech several times more massive than him after utiluzing red dust in his clothes.
  • Orange - Red is already reserved for Vitality, and since fire is an element in RWBY, and flames are usually orange, this color of dust is fire.
  • Yellow - As shown by Weiss, it is electricity. In her example, she clung to the Gray Knight's sword using something yellow (not much to think about if you ask me).
  • Green - Has been seen only once (as far as I know) in one of Weiss' cases, and has yet to be seen in active use.
  • Light Blue - Often used by Weiss to create ice. Enough said. This color needs no explanation.
  • Blue - Just as green dust, it hasn't been used as a weapon yet. But it has been seen in S1E2 "Shining beacon". Weiss checks her belongings after Ruby bumped into them, and some dust leaks from the case she holds. Yellow, blue and red. When Ruby sneezes, she creates a quite big explosion of lightning, fire, and ice. Quite big for a so little amount of dust in the air too. Explosions need lots of air and high temperature to happen. The heat was provided by the sparks of yellow dust, and since the only thing left would be lots of air, it is safe to say that blue dust is air/oxigen.
  • White - As usual, Weiss is the one to demonstrate it. Usually in combination with her glyphs, she uses it to increase jumping strength or speed, giving white dust the element of acceleration.
  • Violet - Glynda Goodwitch seems to use purple dust as primary weapon. When using it, she is able to control mass as if she had telekenesis, giving Violet dust the element of control. However. It might also be her semblance, so my thoughts on Violet dust are just unconfirmed theories.

I had a RWBY roleplay about 2 years ago. Maybe this helps you a little. It's from the OOC from back then.
  • Red - The most common speculation regarding the Red color, is that it dramatically increases physical strength/vitality. This is shown very well by Weiss as she repels the gray knight's sword after activating red dust, and Adam Taurus as he slices a mech several times more massive than him after utiluzing red dust in his clothes.
  • Orange - Red is already reserved for Vitality, and since fire is an element in RWBY, and flames are usually orange, this color of dust is fire.
  • Yellow - As shown by Weiss, it is electricity. In her example, she clung to the Gray Knight's sword using something yellow (not much to think about if you ask me).
  • Green - Has been seen only once (as far as I know) in one of Weiss' cases, and has yet to be seen in active use.
  • Light Blue - Often used by Weiss to create ice. Enough said. This color needs no explanation.
  • Blue - Just as green dust, it hasn't been used as a weapon yet. But it has been seen in S1E2 "Shining beacon". Weiss checks her belongings after Ruby bumped into them, and some dust leaks from the case she holds. Yellow, blue and red. When Ruby sneezes, she creates a quite big explosion of lightning, fire, and ice. Quite big for a so little amount of dust in the air too. Explosions need lots of air and high temperature to happen. The heat was provided by the sparks of yellow dust, and since the only thing left would be lots of air, it is safe to say that blue dust is air/oxigen.
  • White - As usual, Weiss is the one to demonstrate it. Usually in combination with her glyphs, she uses it to increase jumping strength or speed, giving white dust the element of acceleration.
  • Violet - Glynda Goodwitch seems to use purple dust as primary weapon. When using it, she is able to control mass as if she had telekenesis, giving Violet dust the element of control. However. It might also be her semblance, so my thoughts on Violet dust are just unconfirmed theories.
That's very helpful I'll be using this for reference.

• The four basic colours are Red, Green, blue and Yellow. Red has been inherently show to be fire, The use of Red Dust to increase strength in the two above examples are due to semblence, Adam's semblence has been stated to be the ability to 'charge' power in some shape or form, and Weiss's semblence is known to be glyphs. hence her ability to stick to the sword (see when ruby runs up the cliff with the nevermore)
    • See above statment. I think these two are inversed
    • This would suggest that Yang's ability and guns are electrically based, and we know this to be false, they are concussion blasts. so I would suggest Yellow to be force of some kind.
    • Green is known to corispond to wind, (Ref confirmation, Monty Oum's blog)
    • Agreement Here.
    • See my commentary on green. If we assume that Yellow is force, blue is ice, and red is fire that would explain it quite well. Lightning however is explained by the fact that ther was lots of other dust in the area.
    • I would prefer to say energy, as that is a known dust type.
    • I would prefer to suggest that Violet is MOTION. or something similar. as we know Glynda's semblance is TK pretty much (confermed by monty and in season 2 ep 1)
While this is acurate up unto a point. I'm going to do some quick commentary in Red to apply a little bit of knowledge and expirance.
Refrence image for four base colours
Haku @ AFASG on Twitter

Additional note; ALL INFORMATION FROM THE TRAILERS ABOUT DUST IS CONSIDERED NULL VOID AS THE PRODUCTION TEAM HAD NOT YET DECIDED ON WHAT SORT OF DUST SHOULD DO WHAT.

@EddiEddi
Red&Orange: I see the problem with Red and Orange, but I defend my statements. Simply because nothing in Weiss' skillset is usually strong enough to deflect a sword longer and heaver than her if it wouldn't be for that one moment when her rapier turned red.
Yellow: Yang has pretty much nothing to do with electricity, and neither do her shotgun rounds. Unless there is dust involved, I'd say that she just uses gunpowder like a... "Normal" person. God that sounds off.
Green: Hm... So green is air. Didn't know that two years ago. I can agree on that.
Light Blue: Well. At least there is one element we can agree on.
Blue: I will think and do some research on blue. If green already fill in for wind, it has to be something else. And please don't say water. Dust is pretty much the opposite of water. I know physics are not that important, but please, draw a line.
White: Fine with me. Acceleration is one form of energy.
Violet: Do what you want with this one. I lack proper data about it to make a solid statement.

My personal list is like this.
[BCOLOR=#ff0000]Vitality[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#ff6600]Fire[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#ffff00]Electricity[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#008000]Wind[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#00ffff]Ice[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#3366ff]"Unknow"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Energy[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#993366]Control[/BCOLOR]

@EddiEddi
Red&Orange: I see the problem with Red and Orange, but I defend my statements. Simply because nothing in Weiss' skillset is usually strong enough to deflect a sword longer and heaver than her if it wouldn't be for that one moment when her rapier turned red.
Yellow: Yang has pretty much nothing to do with electricity, and neither do her shotgun rounds. Unless there is dust involved, I'd say that she just uses gunpowder like a... "Normal" person. God that sounds off.
Green: Hm... So green is air. Didn't know that two years ago. I can agree on that.
Light Blue: Well. At least there is one element we can agree on.
Blue: I will think and do some research on blue. If green already fill in for wind, it has to be something else. And please don't say water. Dust is pretty much the opposite of water. I know physics are not that important, but please, draw a line.
White: Fine with me. Acceleration is one form of energy.
Violet: Do what you want with this one. I lack proper data about it to make a solid statement.

My personal list is like this.
[BCOLOR=#ff0000]Vitality[/BCOLOR], [BCOLOR=#ff6600]Fire[/BCOLOR], [BCOLOR=#ffff00]Electricity[/BCOLOR], [BCOLOR=#008000]Wind[/BCOLOR], [BCOLOR=#00ffff]Ice[/BCOLOR], [BCOLOR=#3366ff]"Unknow"[/BCOLOR], [BCOLOR=#ffffff]Energy[/BCOLOR], [BCOLOR=#993366]"Unknown"[/BCOLOR]
Yang's rounds are ALWAYS dust rounds (god knows where she gets the dust from)

So... Has the whole Dust debate been resolved, or...?

I think red is fire, because when Weiss parried the grey knight's sword there was a large explosion that knocked the sword from his hands.

also, every time Yeng hits something there is a resulting red dust cloud, similar to the smoke that a gun exudes after being fired. We all know that Yeng is all about fire (her semblance, her theme song), so would it be crazy to think that she uses fire dust rounds?

I think red is fire, because when Weiss parried the grey knight's sword there was a large explosion that knocked the sword from his hands.
Please read my note.
ALL DUST INFO FROM THE TRAILERS DOES NOT COUNT DUE TO THE PRODUCTION TEAM NOT KNOWING HOW DUST WOULD WORK.

In an attempt to bring a conclusion to this debate:
  • Red - Fire
  • Orange - Explosions
  • Yellow - Vitality/Strength/Force
  • Green - Wind
  • Light Blue - Ice
  • Blue - Lightning
  • White - Motion
  • Violet - Energy
While this may not be 100% accurate, there's still a lot we don't know about RWBY, Dust in particular, so we should just go with what we know (Red - Fire/Green - Wind/Light Blue - Ice) and just agree to compromise on some things (Blue - Lightning, Violet - Energy, White - Motion) even if it involves taking creative liberties.

Aye, I would agree on that.

Now that this argument is (hopefully) settled, when will this RP start?

when everyone has made their character, so far we only have a couple people who still have yet to do so

Oh, okay.

Anyways, are team RWBY and JNPR included in this RP or not? If they are included, are they NPCs or will they be played by others?

can I reserve a spot. I got a bio but I gotta get to my computer first

Which will be turned in later today

Status
Not open for further replies.