Running Shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roxius lifted her leg out a bit for an ease of bandaging the wounded leg. While he was wrapping her leg she would occasionally glance at him but when he raised and leaned against the tree she turned away looking out towards the gates. The shadow was gone but she didn't want to take any risks. She looked up realizing that the sun was coming soon then looked back to Kyoya.

"There is only a couple hours left till the sun gets here. We will be safe then and you can go back home continuing with your own life. Are you Okay?"

Before Kyoya in the next few hours she wanted to make sure that he was alright with everything that just happened. She wondered if she will ever see him again after tonight especially with the Shadow that chased them.

Kyoya stared out towards the gate. He let out a quiet, almost in audible laugh.

"I don't want to go back to my own life, there's nothing for me there. Though this has probably been the craziest thing that has happened to me, its invigorating! This is probably insane of me for saying this, but I think I can deal with you and your craziness."

He looked at her grinning. His eyes had a light sense to them.

She was completely shocked hearing the words coming out of Kyoya's mouth speaking of how nothing was there for him in his present life. Roxius deep down could relate to what he was saying as how everyone would tease her and call her names. Though she only imagined it a bit different with him.

"I..." But nothing more was said. She had no clue what to say in responded, she just nodded and gave a small smile. The first sun ray struck the pavements nearby like someone forced it to be there. She just watched the light grow getting brighter. She towards Kyoya but not at him.

"It's safe for you to return now Kyoya."

Kyoya hesitated for a moment, and then nodded. Even though he didn't want to, he did need to go to his school. He began walking towards the fence, hands once again folded neatly in his pocket. He stopped at the gate and turned his head to look back at her, grinning.

"Meet you here tonight? I mean, its not good to be alone with that damn shadow after you."

Roxius let out a giggle and smile nodding. She had her arms folded looking back at Kyoya.

"Yeah, I'll meet you here tonight."

With that she headed off on a separate route leading to her school, she looked like a mess but she didn't have time to wash up. She had to behave in school today to prevent from staying after. It took her almost an hour to get to school as her leg bothered her, but Roxius headed into the Fawna Academy going to her class. Reaching her classroom a lot of the students went silent looking at her noticing the mess she was in. Mrs. Tuba walked up to her.

"Roxius! What in God's green Earth happened to you?"
"I'm fine Mrs. Tuba honestly. I am sorry I look like this, but I just want to try to get through today the best I can."

The teacher gave her an odd look turning their back on her heading to their chair, Roxius did the same. Roxius could her some of the students talk behind her back cracking jokes but she did not stand up for herself because for once, someone believed her.

Kyoya hopped the fence and began his walked to the school. He chose to take the alley ways. He soon made it to the building. He still had a smile on his face. He went to his locker to get his things, before he could get it open, however, a tall, well fit guy walked up to him. Many other students trailed behind him. Kyoya felt a feeling of dread.

"So what do we have here? You look worse than usual!" The man sneered.

Kyoya didn't say a word. He began to walk away. The man was angered and grabbed Kyoya by his shirt and shoved him against the locker. Kyoya flinched upon impact.

"Where do you think your going?!"

"Just leave me alone Haru…" Kyoya replied in a voice almost inaudible but held venom with every word.

School dragged on for Roxius, lunch was the worst today for a few students sat next to her mimicking of how a shadow was following them. All of their comments ended in laughs giving her a headache. One of the students shoved Roxius saying, "Ooo I'm the evil shadow and on going to kiiill you." That's pissed off Roxius stood up before the boy.

"We are all adults here why can't you act like it!?"

But they all stood up getting in her face calling her names. She felt that she no longer had to deal with them since someone finally believed her but a girl thought otherwise. A older girl walked up from behind her dragging her down to the floor of the cafeteria getting a few good swings. Roxius put up a struggling fight as she swung into the girl's face and smashing her nose in when she got the chance. Roxius got up shocked she got the good swing in even if she had a bruised eye but teachers rushed in along with a few police officers that walked around the school. Roxius took off and ran as fast as she could out the cafeteria doors that led to a patio. She jumped over the bushes running towards her home.

After reaching her house, she knew if the police wanted her they would come to her house. With this knowledge she hurried, showered, changed into skinny dark blue jeans and a plain black T-shirt. Now not only a shadow was after her but possibly cops, Roxius grabbed a small army green backpack and filled it with snacks, money, and a few other miscellaneous items.

Roxius headed off to an abandoned shack nearby the graveyard that use to be the owner's of the graveyard place that stored things that helped keep the place clean. But the owner's "disappeared" according to the news leaving the place abandoned. She hid till night.

The next thing Kyoya remembered was running through the halls. He had no idea what had just happened. It was like he had just snapped. He could still hear the terrified screams and whispers. Many of the students had run. Haru lay on the floor lifeless. No one could really tell what just happened, it was as if he had just suddenly died.. as if his life was sapped out of him in painful agony.

Kyoya didn't know what to do. His mind was racing. Had he done this? If so, what did he do? He could feel his anger dying down, replaced with unknowing fear. He raced out of the building, hearing sirens ringing from down the road. He was sure they were coming for him. He ran into the comfort of the alleys. After navigating many twisting paths, he can to his hideout. The only thing there was another change of clothes. He grabbed them and threw on the jeans and black shirt. Last came the blue plaid jacket that he threw on as he ran towards the graveyard. He didn't know what else to do.

It felt like hours past since her incident but she peeked out of the shack to look at the sky, it was still day out. Roxius was sure school hasn't let out. From afar she could hear sirens and wondered if they were from earlier. She gazed outside wondering if cops were nearby, but what she say was no cop. It was Kyoya. Roxius opened the door slightly confused as she watched him approach the graveyard, instead of yelling to catch his attention she whistled and waved her hand.

Kyoya noticed Roxius whistle. "Why was she here so early?" He dismissed that thought as he heard the sirens getting louder. He ran to where she was, hoping she could help explain what was happening.

As Kyoya approached, she stepped back into the shack. Her hair covered other face depressingly and kept her distance with her arms wrapped around herself. She glanced at Kyoya with her one good eye curiously.

"Why are you here so early? School isn't even out yet is it?"

The shack was lightly lit as it wasn't dark enough for the shadow appear but not light enough for people to be noticed in the shack from the outside. Roxius moved some wood planks and headstones that were unused and made a bench to sit on. She cautiously sat down making sure it wouldn't break beneath her.

Kyoya wasn't sure what to say, because he wasn't really sure what had happened. All he knew was that Haru was dead and it was his fault. Kyoya simply shook his head. His eyes were troubled. He noticed that Roxius was injured.

"What happened to you?"

Roxius stared at the ground for a moment trying to figure out what to say. Instead she shook her head as a tear began to form. It took her a moment to catch her breath from the fear of her thoughts as she began to explain.

"I-i don't even know how or why it happened. I had a hard time in lunch as I was ganged up on but I got furious and basically told them to grow up. Then one of the girls grabbed me from behind taking me to the ground. Next thing I know I just swung without thought and busted her nose then I been running from the cops ever since. I didn't mean to hit back I just...."

Roxius began to panic as she held in tears. She wasn't sure what was going on but she knew that she didn't want to be there much longer.

Kyoya didn't know how to react or how to comfort her. He narrowed his eyes in frustration.

"Seems the cops are after both of us then…"

Roxius looked up at Kyoya confused.

"W-what?"

She examined him but didn't really notice anything odd other than his tension. Wind gusted by the shack making it creak. The shack made her a little on edge but she knew it was stable and rarely of ever anyone came by.

Kyoya started stumbling for words as all the panic began to rise up inside him again.

"I-i don't know what happened. But.. this guy, he came to mess with like usual. When he shoved me against the locker, i-i don't know, i kind of blackout. I lost it i guess. The next thing I knew, he was screaming. It was like his life was literally being taken from him. I panicked and ran. He's dead, i don't know what happened…."

His voice trailed off and his eyes visibly showed his fear.

Roxius sat there in silence staring up at Kyoya speechless. She struggled to find any words at all. Instead she got up and walked up to him, putting her focus to the ground. Roxius wrapped her arms around Kyoya as comforting as she could while still trying not to be awkward.

"What are yo-...we going to do?" She said quietly.

Roxius stepped back letting down her arms. Everything seemed weird like somehow there was a connection but at the same time not.

Kyoya just stood there unable to speak. When Roxius but her arms around him, he jumped a little, unused to a friendly touch. As she released him he turned to her and spoke.

"We.. I have to leave here.. the police are after me and there is no way I am going with them. But.. the shadow.. this is the only place it doesn't follow you.."

She examined the expression in his face. She even seemed confused though things were clear. Roxius sighed going back to the shack door peeking out once again. Dark was on the rise.

"But where are you going to go? How am I suppose to stay at a graveyard? I can't live here...you shouldn't go alone at least not prepared either."

Kyoya looked at her. He hadn't thought about this, not that he had had the time to. He had nowhere to go. He smiled suddenly.

"Who said I had to go somewhere. I mean, it's not like I really have a home anyways. We could leave this place together. Like you said, you can't live in a graveyard, and I would feel terrible leaving you here alone with that shadow. We can travel around, and look for a way to get rid of that thing forever."

There was a light in his eyes. He was excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.