Running Shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.
She gave a small assuring smile.

"Please do come in." Roxius turned on a light in the hallway as nothing seemed out of the ordinary from the doorway. She walked in further turning ot her right leading into a living room, everything seem in order like any ordinary living room except the walls and ceiling. There were claw marks in every spot possible and clear that no human could ever accomplish something like that. There were few patches of darkened streaks that were unidentifiable.
"This is where it's mostly active.... It rarely goes in my room, but the bedroom door looks like an incredible hulk tried beating the heck out of it. If you want to see the shadow more personally, we could try staying in my room for a little bit.... On separate sides of the room. I wouldn't feel comfortable with you close to me."

He walked into the house following her. Kyoya was speechless. He couldn't believe what was in front of his eyes. He was afraid of what the shadow could do. However, his curiosity got the better of him.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but lets wait for the shadow…"

Roxius nodded as she showed the way to her room, the door was as she described and looked like if it took another hit it would be destroyed. She carefully opened the door revealing a neat room with little damage though it was dull. Stepping in she looked back to him.

"It's not much, but I don't really sleep her anymore so..."

She took a seat on a computer chair to the left of the room as she signed for him to close the door on his way in. Roxius let her hair loose as she put the hairband on her wrist.

"It should be here shortly as long as we do something to grab it's attention."

Kyoya awkwardly made his way into the room, shutting the beaten door carefully behind him. He made his way to the opposite side of the room and sat down against the wall. He felt very uneasy being inside her house. Thoughts kept floating through his mind, making him wonder whether he should leave. He wondered how they were supposed to attract the attention of a shadow.

"Umm.. so.. what's your name? I figure since we are going to be in here.. we might as well talk.."

She curled into the chair being it was comfortable to her. She looked around wondering if anything was missing since she hasn't been home in so long. When the man begun to speak she turned her attention to him.

"Roxius... Roxius Hetour. I go to Fawna Academy. Who are you?"

"My name is Kyoya Oshiro.. I go to Haxford Academy, its a little ways down the road from your school."

He felt awkward asking these questions. He decided to continue on about the shadow.

"How are we supposed to attract the shadow? does it just randomly come?"

Another thought pierced his mind, this one sending fear into his eyes.

"When the shadow does show up.. what then?"

Roxius was semi-familiar with Haxford Academy but was unsure was academics it taught. She noticed how odd he must of felt but she was desperate for just someone to believe her anyone. This was the only way. Kyoya continued with some questions.

"Well I noticed its attracted to when I am not thinking much about like it wants me to have it on my mind all the time. Noise usually does it too. But unfortunately I don't know what to tell you what happens next when it arrives. Run to the graveyard I suppose..."

She twirled in her seat a bit noticing a slight temperature drop but ignored it.

Kyoya shivered. That's the last place he wanted to go. He looked around the room. He noticed that the bed looked to have been untouched for a while. Everything in the room seemed to have a certain place. He thought how odd it was that this is the only room where nothing had been touched, opposite of what he would have believed.

"So.. um.. what's it like at Fawna Academy?"

He couldn't think of much else to say. He wasn't particularly good at talking to people.

"Fawns Academy is pretty nice but ever since I started going there that's when things started to act up. How about Haxford? I don't hear much about that place."

While Roxius was distracted with Kyoya, she started to hear a small hissing sound but wasn't sure if Kyoya could hear it as well. It almost sounded like a tea pot steaming with a deeper depth of sound but since she was not sure she didn't point it out. The noise sounded as if it was moving up and down the hallway. She began to rub her neck nervously.

Kyoya got a stab of irritation when she asked him about Haxford.

"The school itself is decent., the academics are good, its mainly all the basics but at a higher level. Its the people i hate.."

Kyoya felt a shift in the air as he was speaking. As if something were closing in on them. He felt like a cornered animal. He stood up as uneasiness swept his body.

When Kyoya started to talk about Haxford she realized it may have been a touchy subject when he explained it was people he hate. Though as she went to apologize, he stood up.

"Are you OK Kyoya?"

She didn't understand what made him stand, but as bad it may have sounded she hoped it was because of the shadow. Roxius offered him to leave before the shadow came but they were both too late as it was already there. A screech like that of a screaming child tied in with a dying cat could be heard loud and clear all throughout the house. Roxius jumped to her feet as the chair hit the desk.

"I-i never heard that one before!"

Roxius took a few steps back from the door as she watched it, nails could be heard dragging on the wall back and forth. Her breathing got heavier.

Kyoya's heart was racing as the bone shattered screech pierced his ears. His mind was working fast. He ran to the opposite side of the room where the window was. He through it open and jumped onto the window sill. He held out his hand to Roxius.

"Come on! We need to go, now!"

Roxius stood frozen at the door with fear, when a loud bang hit the door she jumped gasping. She turned around realizing Kyoya had his hand out for her, she took a leap on to her bed reaching for his hand being led out the window. They both ran out the front yard.

"We have to go to the graveyard, it's the only safe spot I know of for now."

She looked at Kyoya with her blue eyes that were filled with fear, she almost looked like she was ready to cry.

Kyoya ran towards the grave yard with fearful dread, leading Roxius behind him. He could sense the evil presence chasing them without having to turn around. He could soon see the grave yard in front of them. They soon reached the towering gate. Kyoya quickly hopped to the top of the fence, waiting to help her up.

Her breath was faint trying to keep up with Kyoya since running wasn't her best suit though she was not far behind him. The graveyard seem to take a long time to get to but thankfully they managed to get to it. Kyoya was the first one up the fence, but Roxius was a little nervous getting on the gate because she didn't want to ruin her school uniform. Regretfully she looked behind her and saw a mass of shadows with no defined form coming at the in a rush. In a panic she flipped around trying to scale the gate grabbing on to Kyoya for his aid. Roxius pulled her leg over too low getting cut on the fence resulting in a flinch pushing them both over to the ground. She landed partially on him, with her body mostly on the dirt ground. She sat up watching the Shadow slow up to the gate just waiting, blood flowed down her leg but she was not very concerned of it at the time as she stared straight into the shadow frozen.

The breath was knocked out of him as Roxius caused them to come crashing to the ground. He sat there gasping for breath for a moment, then lifted his head to look out the gate. Fear filled his eyes as he saw the mass of shadows towering over the gate. He looked at Roxius and saw her leg bleeding.

It took her a moment to snap back to reality but she looked to Kyoya almost in a trance.

"Come on, we should stay by the main tree in the middle to keep our distance...." She sounded almost as she lost all emotions.

Roxius got up with a small struggle then slightly limped her way to the tree.

"We can return when the sun first rises."

He followed her over to the tree. He could see the trail of blood she was leaving as she walked. He ripped a piece of his shirt off.

"First thing's first, let my bandage that wound…"

He felt extremely awkward doing this, however he knew it needed to be done.

Glancing back she could see him coming behind her with a piece of his shirt. With a shock, she blushed slightly.

"Oh.. I-it's not necessary, you didn't have to do that Kyoya."

She turned fully to him, facing him face to face just below his height. A little unsettled she looked down at her leg hiding everything and anything she could signal out accidentally.

"But thank you... You are actually really kind. I also appreciate you taking that one step to see for yourself when you could of just ran off."

Kyoya looked away. He then knelt down and began bandaging the wound without a word. Could it be possible that he had actually found a friend? Someone who won't constantly try to drag him down into the depths of despair? He finished bandaging the wound, and sat up. He leaned against the tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.