Running scared

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"It was about animals... and humans... the humans hurt the animals, they were very bad. The animals couldn't escape.... the humans hit and hit..." she paused, shaking her head slightly. "Keira doesn't want to talk about it... she doesn't want me to tell you about it...", she said, shrugging slightly.

Galen bit his lip; maybe he should get rid of some channels and just leave very specific ones on for Keira. "Can you tell Keira I'm sorry?" he asked, looking to Keira who wasn't exactly... Keira. "Tell her I'm very sorry that she had to see that."

((Is it confusing that I still call her "Keira" although it's not her? Or maybe you notice when she switches...?))

Keira nodded. "I'll tell her that", she said, looking quite thoughtful while looking at him. She smiled a little. "I'm sure she isn't mad at you. It wasn't your fault. It was just unfortunate", she said.

(( It's okay. I caught on to the switch. ))

Galen nodded. This Keira was much more... literate in speech than the Keira he had known this entire time. "Okay... I just... want to make sure she's all right."

Keira looked at him without saying anything, just looking thoughtful as if she was trying to figure out something about him. "It's okay. Don't worry. As you can see, things are fine, for now. She's more... emotional than me", she said, making it sound like it was something bad.

"That's not necessarily bad though..." he shrugged and then he looked to the woman. "Do you have... a different name than her?" Galen asked her curiously. "Are there other sides to Keira like you?"

The woman smiled slightly, looking at him. "Of course I do. I'm May", she said, looking away for a moment. "Yeah, there are more", she said, looking at him again with a serious look on her face, "I know most of them. Keira doesn't know much about it, but she doesn't have to", she said, shrugging.

"Nice to meet you, May," Galen said with a sincere nod. So Keira had multiple personalities... probably created due to everything she had been through. "How many more are there?" he asked May, wondering how long he had until she switched back to Keira.

May looked thoughtful looking at Galen, as if she was trying to figure out something he wasn't telling her. "I'm guessing maybe four or five more. I know Keira care about you a lot. Otherwise I wouldn't have told you any of this, okay?", she said, looking at him seriously.

Four or five... wow. Galen wondered if any of them were dangerous or not. May seemed friendly enough even when she was serious. He nodded to her, understanding what she was saying. "I understand," he confirmed.

May looked a bit relieved when he told her he understood. "I thought you understood it already. But I guess we're hiding it well... not like it has been to any use, hiding it, I mean... until...", she said thoughtfully, not sure of how to continue, "she met you", she said, nodding slightly.

"Why would you need to hide?" Galen asked her curiously, completely interested in everything May had to say. "What do you mean until she met me?"

May sighed a little, thinking. She looked away as she did so, looking back at him a few seconds later. "When she met you, things changed. We had to adapt to what was going on. We hadn't been in contact with humans for quite some time... we had to... think of what we had learned", she said, shrugging slightly, looking away. "It's triggering. I'm sorry, but I can't talk about that... it triggers", she said, curling up some.

Galen wanted to learn more about May, about Keira. He wanted to know what had happened but he understood that some things just couldn't be said right now and that it would take time, so he nodded understandingly. "Okay. We don't have to talk about that right now."

May nodded slightly. "I'm not used to this. Fronting like this... it's been so long... if I ever have?" she said thoughtfully, taking more to herself than to Galen. "Would you... would you like Keira back? I told you I didn't... like this and wanted Keira back... remember?" she said.

"It's okay," Galen said again, looking at May also thoughtfully. "You can go ahead and bring Keira back if you want to," Galen said softly. "I remember." He didn't want to force May, after all.

May nodded before she closed her eyes and turned away from him a little. Soon, Keira opened her eyes and looked at him, looking a bit scared. "Galen", she said, looking around a little, then slowly moving closer to him, hugging him.

Galen offered Keira a small smile when she came back. His arms wrapped comfortingly around her as he was hugged. "Hey, Keira," he said softly as he rocked her to the side a tad. "You okay?"

Keira nodded at his question. "Don't know", she said, hiding her face in his shoulder, hugging him tight.

Keira nodded at his question, saying that she was okay, but then she said she didn't know. He rubbed her back, continuing to rock her back and forth. He already knew what was wrong, but he wondered if she wanted to talk about it herself. "Shh, it's okay. I'm right here."

Status
Not open for further replies.