Running scared

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keira sat quietly for a while, just hugging him. "Is it safe now?" she asked in a quiet voice, letting go of him and looking at him with a worried face.

"It's safe now," Galen said, nodding as Keira looked at him to reassure her. "It's safe now. I'm sorry."

For a moment, Keira looked confused as she looked at him. "Why... why are you... sorry?" she asked.

"Because I left you alone and you were scared," he said, obviously very regretful. "I'll try finding a full-time babysitter, okay? That way you don't have to be alone and scared."

Keira nodded slowly although she didn't look too sure about it, herself. "Why can't you stay forever", she said, although she knew that he couldn't do that.

Galen looked at Keira before hugging her close again. "I know... I wish I could stay forever, but I-" and then he paused. How could he be so stupid to forget something so important? He was a detective, he could bring his work home. Granted, he would have to go in the office once in a while, but for the most part, he could be here with Keira.

"You know what, Keira? I forgot something and I feel really bad about it. But... I can bring my work home. I can be here with you. But, there will be a few days here and there that I will have to leave," he looked at her, waiting for her approval or disapproval.

Keira looked at him thoughtfully as he spoke, trying hard to understand all of what he was saying. She eventually nodded and smiled slightly. "Good", she said, hugging him back. "I don't like it when you leave", she said, sounding a bit sad.

Galen was happy he could smooth this over and that Keira seemed to like it. He loved it when she smiled, when she was happy. "I know, I don't like leaving either. But now I won't have to leave as much." He smiled.

Keira looked at him and hugged him briefly one more time before letting go, glancing out of one of the windows, seeing it was still dark outside. "Why aren't you sleeping?" she asked, looking back at him.

Galen watched her glance out the windows, and when asked why he wasn't sleeping, he couldn't help but laugh a little bit. "Why aren't you sleeping?" he asked back lightly before smiling and standing up. "I got home just a little bit ago and I came to come check on you, that's all."

Keira watched him as he got up and then nodded at his reply, standing up, too. "So now it's time to go to sleep, right?" she said and walked over to the bed and laid down.

"Yes," Galen smiled and hovered over the bed after Keira lied down on it. He gentle stroke hair out of her face and placed it behind her ear. "Goodnight, Keira. I'll see you in the morning."

Keira nodded. "Goodnight", she said, looking at him and smiling slightly before turning around facing the wall, to get some sleep.

The next morning, Galen woke up a little later than usual because he actually didn't have to start his day early anymore. Or at least for the majority of the time. He did, however, need to go to the station to get everything he needed, so once he got showered and got ready, he went to Keira's room to see if she was awake.

((Thinking maybe we could exchange emails, just in case iwaku gets hacked again or something... so that we can find each other?))

Keira was awake, she had just woke up, but looked at Galen as he stood in the doorway. She rubbed her eyes and sat up slowly. "Are you leaving?" she murmured.

(( Sure. I often forget to check my email, though. But here it is: [email protected] ))

"Yeah, just for a short while," he answered softly, looking at the barely awake Keira. "You can come with me, though. Would you like that?"

Keira looked a bit surprised at Galen's suggestion, but was more awake immediately. "I think so", she said, starting to put on her clothes.

Galen smiled and nodded. When she started getting change, he went to the door to leave her. "When you're ready, just come out to the living room. I'll wait for you," he said and then left.

When Keira had gotten dressed, she went to the living room where Galen was waiting for her. "I'm done", she said and smiled slightly.

"Let's go then," Galen said with a nod. Once they were in the car, they went to the police station and Galen helped Keira out of the car before walking inside. They were both greeted with a variety of nods and smiles, and a few vocal greetings. Galen led her to his desk and he started collecting things in a box.

Status
Not open for further replies.