Running scared

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they were finally there, Keira sat down, looking at Galen. She looked thoughtful and tilted her head slightly. "What are you doing?" she asked.

"I'm packing all the stuff I need. Or all of what I can take home," Galen answered. "That way I can work at home, and still be able to take care of us," he explained a bit more with a smile.

Keira nodded and smiled a bit back to him. It sounded good to her. She looked out the window a bit thoughtfully, waiting for him to finish what he was doing.

Galen was soon finished and covered the opening of the box before looking to Keira. He nodded, letting her know that they could go now and he started out the door. Once back in the car, he drove home and unloaded the box at the house. "Are you hungry, Keira?" he asked, looking to her as he finished setting everything.

Keira shrugged slightly as Galen asked her if she was hungry, leaning towards one of the walls in the kitchen. She looked at him a bit thoughtfully before opening her mouth. "I don't think so. Not really... maybe a little", she said.

"Maybe just a snack then?" he asked her as he made his way into the kitchen. "How about... a blueberry smoothie?" he asked with a smile. She probably didn't know what it was. "I think you'll like it if you like blueberries."

Keira looked a bit confused at first but then she nodded slowly. She looked at him for quite some time and then finally smiled, a tiny, shy smile. "Okay", she said.

Galen smiled slightly and pulled out the blender and all the ingredients he needed: ice, frozen blueberries, vanilla yogurt, milk, and sugar. Then he put them all in the blender and looked to Keira. "This makes a loud noise, but don't be frightened, okay?" he said as he put the lid on.

"Okay", she said, sitting down on one of the chairs, curling up looking at him, waiting for the noise to start. She covered her ears with her hands just in case, just flinching slightly when the blender started. She stayed calm though as she waited for him to be finished.

Galen waited for the girl to cover her ears and then he started blending, checking on her to make sure she was okay before continuing. Once he finished, he poured the purple colored smoothie into a glass and handed it to Keira. "Here you go," he said with a small smile, hoping she liked it. He then poured himself a glass.

Keira took the glass and looked at it and tasted some of it slowly. She looked thoughtful for a moment, tasting it, then putting the glass down on the table in front of her. "It's good", she said, looking at Galen and then drinking some more.

"I'm glad," Galen said with a smile. He started drinking his own, founding that he liked it as well and continued sipping as he sat himself across from Keira. "Is there anything you would like to do today?"

Keira drank some or it and then looked thoughtfully at Galen. She shrugged slightly and looked out the window. "I don't know. It's a bit scary out there. It's different", she said, putting her knees to her chest and wrapping her arms around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.