Run away love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faith swore loudly "god damn it! I knew I should have been wearing a mask too" she complained as she ran in to her cabin and dashed around, putting everything she needed in to her bad before heading out the door "I need find somewhere to hide.."

"Look I know you have no reason to trust you. But I dot want you to be arrested or anything. I know a couple of places where their not likely to look for you." Griffin suggested. He was hoping that she would take his offer. He needed to get them on the road before someone else came looking for her. He did know a couple places she could hide from the threat he had created.

Faith bit her lip and looked around before cursing loudly "fine! But I swear to god if you do anything to make me distrust you I'll have your head" she warned, one of her biggest fears was finally trusting someone only for them to turn out to be total traitors.

Griffin would have been impressed with the threat if he thought she could do it. But he doubt that she could do it. Not with his training. She was too by the book. "We have to hurry." He lead her to the river. He went right into the cold water. He wait for her to join him.

Faith followed after Griffin, not hesitating as she walked in to the cold water or even flinching when the freezing cold water hit her "where now?" she asked before looking around to make sure they aren't being followed

"The water will hide our scents." Griffin explained. He headed upstream. "There's a waterfall. Behind a the waterfall is a cave. We can hide there for a few hours. They will probably spend most of the day searching the area around your house and following your trail."

Faith nodded and followed Griffin easily "why are you helping me? Most would have ran in the other direction if they thought I was being chased. Not many get involved in stuff like this"

"I told you I don't like bullies. These people didn't look like they just wanted to ask you questions. I don't think they would have given you a chance to explain that your not the princess." Griffin explained as he lead her towards the falls.

Faith nodded, she'd accept that for now but after a few days she fully planned on re-stocking her supplies then getting the hell out of town and to somewhere far away where no one would know who she was

It didn't take long for them to reach the waterfall. "The cave is just behind the waterfall. It will hide you from sight and cover your scent. You go ahead. I'll see if how close they are." He offered. He needed her trust. He needed to go with him.

Faith nodded slowly before running through the waterfall in to the cave before shivering at suddenly being covered in cold water "you better hurry up. If you're not back after 5 minutes I'm gone" she called to him

"Stay in the cave." Griffin told her. "It's the best way to hide your trail. If you come out they will be hot on your heels. If you wont stay then Im not going to leave you. We'll have to wait them out together." He told her. He crossed his arms. He wasn't going to allow her to run right into their arms.

Faith rolled her eyes "fine. I'll stay in the cave" she replied snappily "but talk to me like I'm some child again and you'll never be seeing me again" she refused to be treated like she couldn't look after herself

"I am not treating you like a child. A child I would have thrown over my shoulder. I am giving you the option of acting like a child. You don't know where these people are. Why would you take a chance of giving them a trail to follow?"

Faith shook her head and rolled her eyes "I know how to look after myself thank you very much and I don't need the help of just some curious guy" she answered and rolled her eyes

Griffin threw his hands up. "Fine. But if some random young mage can follow your trail so can a bunch of fully trained men that have dogs, mages, and trackers. If you don't want my help. I will leave. I was just trying to help but I can see I am not wanted. Good luck. Mages are hard to lose."

Faith chewed on her lip "look, I don't have the luxury of trusting people but if I'm being followed like you say I am then I guess I need all the help I can get" she said calmly "if you can get me somewhere safe, somewhere I'll never be found I'll repay your greatly"

"You can't keep hiding on your own. No offence but you suck at it. A mage who knows what their doing would find you. Your lucky that some rogue hasn't seen how much you look like the princess. It wouldn't matter if you were here or not." Griffin told her. "I can help you avoid them but not if you cant give me a chance. I could have turned you in atleast a dozen times since yesterday."

Faith sighed "I know I suck, ok?! The only realistic training I've got in this crap has been the last few days. I promise to pay your a kings wage if you can take me somewhere safe. All I want is to be able to live my life the way I want" she replied "please, just help me and I'll pay you whatever you want"

Griffin shook his head. "I don't want your money. Taking it will only make you question my every decision." He knew she would anyway but refusing the money might help some. Besides he already had all the money he needed. "I am just trying to help. I have lived on my own while and I have had a few people after me. If you want my help I will help you. But not for the money,"

Status
Not open for further replies.