Run away love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faith sighed softly as she laid down on the bed with a small nod "ok. If you say so. Please tell the head monk that I'm sorry. He despises it when conflict is brought to the church as it tends to scare others away"

Griffin shook his head. "Once again. It isn't your fault. If an appology needs the be made then I need to do it. I will. I'll even make a donation. All you need to do is rest so you can be at full strength when we leave."

Faith sighed softly and gave a small smile "you're a good guy Griffin. I promise, I'll do whatever I can to make sure he doesn't get you" she assured before yawning and closing her eyes

"I try my best. You rest." Griffin told her. He stood to his feet and silently left the room. He went to the head monk and apology for any incovinence the fight cost them and offered to give them a donation.

The head monk had been talking to the other monks before turning to talk to Griffin. The man nodded slowly "how is she doing?" he asked, walking towards the front of the chapel

"She is weak. I convinced her to rest." Griffin told him. "I am sorry for the trouble. It is my fault. I will make a donation to make up for inconvenience the fight caused." He offered honestly.

The head monk shook his head "there is no need for that" he answered "I do have one request of you, however, in stead of the donation" he added

"If it is within my abilities I will grant it." Griffin told him. He had no idea what the monk would ask. He had a lot of skills and magic. He could probably do whatever the monk asked him to do.

The mink looked at him seriously "no not let her use her powers. She is weak because she wanted to protect everyone here and this was only for a few moments. If she does it for too long she could die" he warned "please, protect her"

"I am sorry sir. I cant promise that. If she is the lost goddess or connected to her in some way she is way more powerful then I am." Griffin told him seriously. "The best I can do is try to keep her from fighting. But there are people after both of us. Fighting is going to happen."

The man sighed but nodded in understanding "then please, protect her. That child, regardless of how she acts, is a gentle soul with a heart that loves everything and I would give everything I have to keep that safe"

"I will do my best. That is all I can promise you. I will avoid fights as much as possible. But that is the best I can do." Griffin told him. "If there is anything you can do to help us I would appreciate it."

The monk looked around for a moment before nodding slowly "come with me. I have something that may help but only as a last resort because the last time it was used the woman known as Lucia Heart became The Lost Goddess" he warned softly, walking in to his private study "this way"

"I don't understand." History wasn't something he had been taught alot of. He respected the monks because as far as he knew they told the truth. Or their version of the truth. He had never heard of them outright lying.

The monk shut the door behind Griffin "we, being the protectors of the truth, were given the great task of protecting the blade that was held by Lucia Heart during her last stand. It holds great power and will let the wielder protect all that is dear to them but at a cost" he explained "The only person that can use this sword is the same one that just protected this church and you with no regard for herself. Using this sword takes tremendous power and, with how she reacted to using her powers just then, I can tell you she will not survive using it"

"Then why the hell are you giving it to me? Are you trying to kill her? From the sounds of it thats what will happen. You keep it until she can handle it. I am not taking something like that with us. There is no need." Griffin told the monk.

The monks stance became tall and intimidating "you WILL take it with you. There is a power crossing this land that threatens all there is and it is coming for her. She is like a daughter to me but I understand the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. The sword will only activate and make itself known to her when it is truly needed. Take the sword with you and hide it from her or I shall be giving it to her directly"

Griffin shook his head. "You just told me using it would kill her. You just told me she cant handle it. If you want me to take the sword I will but you cant make me give it to her. I don't care about this world. It can go to hell for all I care. In my opinion it is half way there. But I am not going the person that kills her to safe the world."

Monk nodded and wrapped the small sword in silk "The sword will sink to her if it is needed and she will find it regardless of how you hide it" he warned Griffin and, from under his hood a single tear fell to the food as he held it out to him "please, if things get to the point where you think this might be needed just run"

"Running wont do us any good if that dark thing catches up to us." Griffin took the sword. He had no desire to have it. He wasn't going to kill a woman. It made no sense and he refused to be responsible for her death. He would walk away before he allowed her to kill herself for the world. He summoned his bag and tucked the sword into it. He figured it would be safe enough there. No one but him could summon the bag not even his father.

Status
Not open for further replies.