Run away love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faith looked at him suspiciously before running a hand through her hair "ok, I just need help getting out of the area and somewhere no one will mistake me for the princess" she answered, something in the back of her mind telling her this was a bad idea but she ignored it.

"First think we need to do is lose the people on your trail. The second is change your appearance. The hair has to go. You can either cut it or dye it. Both are temporary but they will buy us time." Griffin told her. He summed his bag with the wave of his hand.

Faith looked at Griffin as if he had just suggested killing a puppy or something as horrifying "m..my hair?" she asked softly, pulling a thick lock of it in front for her to look at before taking a deep breath and nodding "I'll dye it blue or something" she agreed

"I promise you'll get it back. The nice thing about hair is that it always growing. The color should grow out in a couple of weeks." Griffin assured her. He dug into his bag. It took him several minutes but he found what he was looking for. He handed her a jar of ink. "This should do it. Why don't you strip and put that in your hair while I check on the hunt?"

Faith nodded and took the wink "thank you" she answered softly before going over to a near by cave pool and dropped her cloak to the floor, leaving her in her loose, brown and ratty dress

Griffin nodded. He went through the waterfall again. He wanted to give her some privacy to do what she had to do. He headed down the river. He hadn't been exactly lying when he told her that people where after her. There were many people after her. He hadn't been lying when he told her a rogue mage could find her rather easily if one chose to look for her. He tried to stick to the truth as much as possible. He simply lied about the fact that those people where close to finding her.

Faith, still reluctant to change her hair knelt down by the water and dipped her head in to wet her hair before using the ink to dye it a deep blue. Luckily it wasn't all that messy and she had managed to do it without getting any on her dress but it was strange not longer having the red hair that was a clear link between her and The Lost Goddess.

Griffin returned an hour later. He figured that should be enough time for her to get her hair dyed and for it to dry some. He headed back to where she was waiting. He studied her as he wiped the water from his face. "It looks like we have lost them temporarily I laid a few false tracks and used a couple of spells to disburse the trails closest to us." He explained. "I think we should wait another hour or two before venturing out."

Faith looked up at Griffin from where she had build a small fire in the cave to help dry her hair off. She nodded before raising an eyebrow "so you're a mage of some sort then?" she asked curiously, if she was traveling with him she might as well get to know him a little

Griffin nodded. "I am a shadow mage. We are one of the rare types." He explained. There were many different types of mages in the world. Shadow mages were one of the smaller groups. "I wanted to learn spells outside my specialty so I have been exploring the world looking for spell."

Faith was a little surprised by this before narrowing her eyes "aren't most shadow mages professional criminals?" she asked, it was well know that shadow magic greatly helped with breaking in and out of places and getting a clean get away

"Most are." Griffin acknowledged. There was no point in denying it. Everyone knew that shadow mages tended to use their mage in less then honorable ways. "That is another reason I left. I didn't want to use my magic that way. Like I said I don't like bullies."

Faith gave a small, rare smile at that answer "that wasn't the answer I was expecting" she replied, she always respected those that chose the harder path of trying to leave their pasted behind them

Griffin shrugged. "I told you I have had people after me. Shadow mages are traditionally thieves. I didn't mind taking what I needed but when they pressed me to take more I couldn't do it. So I left. They weren't happy about that. I knew a lot of their secrets."

Faith nodded as she listened "I must admit, when I met you I did just assume you were someone thrill seeking or something of that nonsense but it seems I was wrong about you and for that I apologize for my rude behavior"

"It is easy to judge someone on their appearance. It take courage to take a chance and find out for sure. I appear as a thrill seeker but Im not. I am curious soul and a seeker of knowledge. I travel from city to city looking for spell to help protect me from the other shadow mages and to help others." Griffin explained easily. "I accept you apology. You're not the first one to misjudge me. I doubt you'll be the last."

Faith gave another small smile and nodded "I'd like for us to start over. It's clear we got off on the wrong foot and if we're traveling together it's probably a good idea for us to actually get along"

"It is impossible to start over. I don't have the power to time travel." He told her only half seriously. He wasn't offended that she had dismissed him. He was glad that she was willing to travel with him. "I can keep the mage's off your trail for awhile but we need to get you someplace safe. I might know a place. It's just outside this kingdom. There shouldn't be posters of the princess there."

Faith gave a small laugh and nodded "that is very true" she then ran a hand through her now blue hair "I hope you're right. I just want to be able to live my life out without having to be careful every step of the way"

"Then I will do my best to give you that chance. If we have to keep moving after we reach the place I have in mind we can." Griffin told her. "You can put your stuff in my bag if you don't want to carry it. The nice thing about having a bag of holding is that I can pretty much carry whatever I want or need."

Status
Not open for further replies.