Royal Blood will spill!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felicity smiled at Theredir's kind words toward her household. "The pleasure is very much mutual." Felicity smiled politely before continuing. "Your house's wines our one of our few imports. I myself. being the youngest haven't been able to try them as of yet but they are greatly loved by our people." Even though her parents did object to how the Vrannoth's had strayed from the elven ways. Even they couldn't stop trades between their households, the Vrannoth's wine were one of their highest demanding products.

Noticing Theredir glancing over her shoulder and mentioning his siblings, the young Karva had to stop herself from face palming. "I would truly love the chance to speck to your sister if it wouldn't be much of a burden. But before that please allow me to apologize for my earlier rudeness and allow me to introduce my siblings." Felicity turned slightly so that Theredir could get a better look at her siblings. "This is my elder twin siblings, Jasla Alanna Vanlithe and Japen Ashton Vanlithe."
divider.png

After the incident with the nobleman Alanna had become quite content with just standing to the side with Ashton. Socializing had never been Alanna's strong point anyway so she was completely fine with watching over Felicity from the sidelines. Plus from the sidelines Alanna would be able to carefully scope out the other attendees to see if their was anything out of the normal. Her mismatched gaze quietly sweep over the ballroom, everything seemed to be pretty normal at the moment. the only thing that really caught her attention was when one of the woman mentioned another nobleman's robes had caught fire. The fire was quickly extinguished before any real harm could be done. Alanna then worriedly searched out Felicity, had the young Karva mistakenly lost control of her powers? Or worst was there another magical user that had lost control or could it of been on purpose?

Alanna was pulled from her thoughts when she noticed her sister walking up to them with a plate food in her hand. Going off of the girl calm expression, Alanna figured it was best to assume that Felicity had nothing to do with the fire. She wasn't even sure if she had even noticed it, this concerned Alanna further. One for the fact that another had cast the fire and there was no true way to know the true attentions of it. And secondly that their sweet younger sister had allowed her guard down so much without Alanna and Ashton being near that she didn't even notice the danger that had happened in her surroundings. Alanna was about to scold Felicity for letting her guard down so much but before she had the chance her sister was addressed by another.

Alanna watched as the elven nobleman introduced himself as Mernil Theredir Vrannoth, of House Vrannoth. Alanna was well aware of the Vrannoth household, they were right alongside the Vanlithe household in age. So it was only normal that the Vrannoth name was brought up their history lessons every now and then. Listening carefully to Felicity's and the Mernil of Vrannoth's conversation, she was quite proud of her sister for inquiring about a chance to talk to the Vrannoth's heiress. If anyone in their family had a chance to mend the slightly broken bridges between the two households, Alanna had full faith that Felicity would be the one to do it.

Once again, Alanna was pull from her thoughts at the voice of her sister introducing them. "It is an honor to meet you Mernil Theredir Vrannoth." Alanna bowed, she had never been the kind for curtsying no matter how many times her mother tried to make her. She may be the Jasla but Alanna was still warrior at heart and she refused to act any different because she was female royalty.

divider.png

Ashton had picked up on Alanna's uncomfort the moment they heard the word fire. His crystal blue eyes automatically started searching for a panicked Felicity but instead he found the Karva picking through fruit at one of the tables. Letting out a small sigh of relief, Ashton was glad that his sister hadn't been the one to cause the small panic. Though he did wonder just who did? Deciding to let the though go for now, Ashton watched as Felicity started to look around the ballroom. It didn't take long before he watched her eyes fall on him and Alanna, a small smile playing on her lips before she started to make her way towards them. Ashton couldn't help but smile at his sister. Even after becoming Karva, Felicity was still the sweet pure little girl that he remember. Always getting so excited when Ashton and Alanna would come back from a hunt, she would always be waiting to greet the siblings with a warm smile.

Once Felicity had finally made it over to them, her attention was quickly preoccupied by the Mernil of Vrannoth. Ashton listened to the exchange between the two quietly, he was proud that Felicity was taking steps to better the relationship between the two elven households. Ashton knew that even though Felicity was still very young and new to being Karva, that she truly did want what was best for their people. Ashton was positive that his sister would be a great leader and no mater what their parent's thought of straying from the old ways. Felicity would do whatever she thought would help improve their household and maintain the peace.

Upon Felicity introducing Alanna and himself, Ashton bowed along with his sister. "Honored." His greeting was short and to the point, like it was always was when he was needed to speck. Talking had never been one of Ashton's strong point's, he preferred actions over words.

The sound of hooves on the hard-packed dirt road had long since faded into background noise. They'd been on the road for two days, stopping only to rest when it got too dark to continue, and most of the journey had been spent in silence, broken only by the occasional neigh of a horse and the squeak of the carriage wheels when it hit a rut in the road. It seemed like the entire unit of soldiers they'd brought with them was at unease - perhaps terrified of his father's threats of torture and death should anything happen to his sons. But Nathan, the youngest of the three brothers, could not be happier. This was his first time out of Caldwell Keep in his nearly nineteen years, and to say the young prince was excited was an understatement. He spurred his horse forward, and the dappled gray gelding rumbled his discontent. Nathan leaned forward, scratching the beast on the neck and offering whispered apologies, and promises of the juiciest apple he could find once they got to their destination. The gelding complied, like he always did, upping his pace to a trot. And the two moved forward, travelling along the outside of the line of soldiers on the road.

His brother's carriage was at the middle of the line, and it was where he had spent the entirety of the trip thus far. Nathan had tried, initially, to join him, to pacify his father, as the king was convinced that the carriage was safer than riding on horseback, but after the first few hours of relentless boredom, he'd demanded his horse, and had spent the rest of the journey in the saddle. There was something freeing about being on horseback beneath the open sky. Something that the sheltered prince had never experienced before. He wasn't sure he ever wanted to go back home. And now that he was out here, no one could make him. He heard a voice from the front of the line, and as he neared, saw the Captain nodding to the scout who'd just returned from up the road.

"What's going on?" He asked, curious. The Captain startled, having not expected to hear a voice behind him, and turned in the saddle to look at him with a disapproving glare. He, too, wished Nathan would just ride in the carriage, so they didn't have to keep an eye on him.

"Nothing, my prince." He said finally. "He was just informing me that the Citadel is just ahead, on the other side of this hill. But, my prince, I would-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence before Nathan put his heels into his gelding's sides and was gone, speeding up the road like the devil was on his ass. When he crested the hill, he was panting like he'd run the whole way instead of the horse. He pulled on the reins and the gelding stopped, shaking his head and champing at the bit irritably, but this time Nathan was too enthralled to notice. Before him, the land sloped downward, the road twisting and turning to follow the flattest parts, and leading, finally, to the Citadel. The structure was huge and grand, very near as large as the entirety of Caldwell Keep, and so extravagantly decorated even on the outside that it took his breath away. Whipping his horse around, he galloped back to the carriage, trotting beside it and breathlessly leaning over to smack his hand against the window. He was greeted by his brother's very unamused face.

"What do you want, Nathaniel?"

"We're here!" The young prince said. "Well, not here here, but I can see the citadel. You should come ride ahead with me."

"No." Devin started to shut the window.

"Aw come on, Dev, it's just-"

Devin's head snapped up and he scowled at his brother, interrupting him. "Do not call me that, you imbecile! Don't you know that if they find out I'm not James, they'll... they'll... well, it won't be good, okay? So keep your stupid mouth shut." Devin seemed to struggle with something that Nathan couldn't see, grunting and pushing something away. "And take-" grunt "-your stupid-" another grunt "-DOG!" The door of the carriage whipped open, nearly smacking Nathan's gelding in the chest, and the horse half-reared with a whinny of protest, landing on all fours and then kicking out his rear legs. Nathan jerked on the reins, pulling the horse's head back and swatting him on the neck with the reins.

"Hey cut it out you moron." He scolded.

From the now-open doorway, a brindled dog leaped, stumbled, and righted himself, circling Nathan's horse with excited ears pricked and tongue lolling. Nathan had made the dog ride in the carriage most of the way because he didn't want him exhausted by the time they got to the Citadel, but now that they were close it didn't matter.

"Hey, Maverick!" He grinned, kicking the carriage door with his foot. It slammed shut with a click of the lock and stayed there. Nathan glanced at his brother's cranky face and shrugged. "Whatever James." He said, wincing when the window shut in his face with a snap. Snorting, he shook his head and urged the gelding back towards the front of the line.

The next three hours passed in agonizing slowness. Prohibited from riding ahead of the line, he was forced to stay right at the front, moving as slowly as the rest of the procession as they followed the road that wound back and forth towards the Citadel. By the time they got there, Nathan was nearly vibrating with excitement. He rocketed off his horse, and Maverick, sensing his high emotions, bounced around the prince's feet uttering anxious whines. Devin soon joined him, stretching and groaning from the stiffness in his joints. "Let's get this over with." He grunted, striding forward towards the enormous doors. Nathan followed, pausing only to instruct the servant who was leading his horse to the stable to make sure the gelding got an apple.

They were greeted by an elegantly dressed man who bowed deeply, eyeing the insignia on their chests, a blue bear's head on a gray background. "Prince James, Prince Nathaniel. Welcome to the Citadel. We are honored to have you here."

Devin grunted. Nathan grinned. "Pardon my brother. He's cranky from the trip. We are honored to have been invited to such an event."

"Absolutely understandable. Please, make yourselves comfortable! There is food and drink and plenty of good company to be had. The ceremony will start in due time." The man waved them in, and the princes strode forward into the hall. They didn't get far before they were stopped once more by a servant, who bowed before informing them that they must turn over their weapons. Nathan's stormy-gray eyes narrowed, uncomfortable with the idea of being unarmed. Devin, however, whose sword was more for show than anything anyway, handed it over and shrugged out of his light plate armor (which was also for show, having nearly no stopping power at all) with the help of another servant. Beneath it he wore fine silk clothes, which he straightened and smoothed with his hands before moving forward.

Nathan hesitated for a moment, but as Devin started to move into the ballroom, he handed over his two short swords, still encased in their sheaths, and started to follow his brother. He was stopped by a hand on his shoulder, and he turned, surprised. "Excuse me?"

"Apologies, milord, but due to the nature of your attire, I'm afraid you'll have to consent to a quick pat down to insure that you are not concealing any weapons."

Nathan frowned. He did in fact have a small knife concealed in his boot, but he was not going to be entirely defenseless in this place. He started to protest, but Maverick, who had only just noticed the stranger's hand on his master's shoulder, let out a low growl of warning, flashing his pearly fangs at the servant. The man removed his hand and backed away.

"Your d-dog has to stay here as well I'm afraid."

"I'd like to see you try and make him." Nathan replied coolly, striding forward without another word. No one made a move to stop him, or Maverick, who trotted obediently at his heels. They moved into the ballroom, quickening pace to catch up to Devin, who had paused to take in the scenery. Nathan was far less concerned with the decorations in the room, and more concerned with the enormous table of food on the opposite end of it. Shouldering past his brother, he headed towards it. There was every type of food imaginable here, and some he hadn't ever been able to even imagine. It wasn't hard to pick something, though, and he held his chosen chicken leg out to Maverick, who sniffed it, confirming that it was safe to eat. Nathan stuck it in his mouth and swiped another one, tossing it to the dog who caught it and devoured it with several chomps of his jaws, swallowing everything, crushed bones included, and looking for more.

"Not now." He said. "Later, once we've had a chance to explore." He turned, leaning against a pillar and sweeping his gaze around the ballroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Aye, i got good news...Just wish i had a bit more rum" Heem-Tulm says in response to Huan's question "Go on perhaps?" The Young director suggests a bit sarcastically. The Jikkion grumbles before responding "My mates have a fleet disguised as human trade ships in position to blockade their harbor..Of course instead of shiny trinkets its loaded with some real mean sons o' bitches ready to ruin some noble's days and enough cannons to make a demigod run in fear ..." Huan then nods in approval to his Jikkion comrade while giving a verbal response of "Damn good" for bringing him this information. Everything of the plan was coming together, their infantary would storm the front and cut off all escape routes from the ground while their only other way of exit, sea, would be cut off as well from a Jikkion fleet that is under the disguise of trade ships here to deliver exotic goods from the various houses to the Citadel. To add to that they got a agent on the inside ready to make their battle a bit quicker.

Usually they prefer a long and challenging battle against honorable forces, but fter all the chaos made by the royal class and selfish desires that they let plague their minds they have little to know honor whatsoever, the Union simply sees this as "Clearing out the rats" theres nothing to gain from leveling the playing fields, just get rid of them quickly before they spread their diseases. Huan then looks over to Aberas who is looking over the battle plans that Huan created "Aberas!" Huan shouts, not that hes angry for looking at the plans, he has the right to look at any battleplans as a member of the Union's council, he simply wants to get the boy's attention. Aberas looks up to the elderly Yaken and awaits for what he has to say "Aberas, Since you decided to join us I'm going to give you a chance to prove yourself to the entire council, i will return command of the Seige engines over to you and put you in charge of coordinating them; I'm giving you control of something that will either make or break this assault" Aberas was caught a little off guard by the sudden trust Huan puts in him, never has Aberas been in charge of a battalion, and he is going to be put in charge of a battalion in a critical battle. Aberas tries to hide his pressure and wishes not to come off as grateful "The Ohrions would never be impressed by do-" Hes sentence is cut off by a sudden druken outburst from Heem-Tulm "Dammit Kid! you're still trying to become the Ohrion favorite aren't you? Give it a rest already, the Ohrions don't have any god damn favorites; they been treating us equally for centuries. Always sucking up to them as if they the most superior race in this world..." The Overseer then takes another sip of his beverage before noticing the icy glare of Huan staring him down "...Apologies mate.." He then puts away his flask and looks over to the side. Huan then looks back over to the annoyed Director and asks if hes up for the task of taking command of the support and not letting him down. Aberas' pressure gets to him and discontinues making eye contact and simply gets up and walks towards the exit of the tent "Yeah...I'll take of it no problem. Now if i you excuse me i need to make sure the formations are not atrocious" Trying to sound as if he knows better than them, showing some confidence to make up for not being able to make eye contact.

The Jikkion overseer then ponders for a few moments before speaking up "I' m sorry mate..I don't hate the kid, truly, just trying to harden him up..." Huan then raises a eyebrow at him wondering if thats the rum talking "So..thats what you were doing when you almost choked the life out of him?". Heem-Tulm then hesitates and comes up with something to say quickly to address that outburst "I was not gonna kill him i s-swear! Just..Rough him up a little bit you know? Gotta make him stronger so the leaders after us won't walk over the boy..I swear those were my intentions!" Huan then sighs and places his hand on the shoulder of Heem-Tulm "I know, the boy has a lot to learn and i think he has the potential to surpass his Father. Hopefully placing my trust in him won't backfire..." Huan then walks over and removes his knife from the table and holsters it "Come, walk with me" he says as he makes his way to the exit of his tent "Where we going?" Heem-Tulm asks as he gets up from his chair and follows Huan outside into the cool wind "The Outfitter, i need you in the field with me" Heem-tulm then seems a bit uncomfortable with that statement "The field? Mate i thought i was going to go back and command the fleet?" He asks a bit resistant to the idea of being on land, preferring to be at the helm of a ship rather than at the reigns of a horse. Huan then turns around and puts on one of his typicall smirks "But if you stay in the fleet you won't get first dibs on all that exotic wine inside that place" Huan says trying to play into his vices. Heem-Tulm then suddnely becomes a bit more accepting of the idea "Well..Put it like that maybe i don't mind getting my hands dirty...hopefully its not that Elven shiet" he then discontinues following Huan and makes his own way to the outfitter a bit more eager to get to the battle.

divider_%281%29.png

6:28pm

Back at the citadal the enviroment continues to be joyful as patrons dance and indulge themselves with exotic sweets and active conversation. However the music and some of the conversations come to a halt at the sudden sound of a spoon gently clanging againt a wine glass held by none other than the daughter of King Hale IV "Princess Renée" first of her name. many patrons (if not all) direct their attention to the top of the stairs to see her in all her glory
lost_ashes__video__by_selenada-d8ueswt.jpg

After obtaining the crowds attention she hands the glass and spoon off to a staff member before straightening her stance in front of the crowd and clears her throat before speaking "My friends, a message has arrived recently from my home of "Soshin" about my Father King Hale IV . He will be unable to attend this evening due to catching a illness rendering him incapable of travel. However he did send along with the message the speech he wished to give all of you and asked me to read it to you all."

She is then handed a piece of parchment from a staff member, she looks over it and clears her throat once more before speaking.

"On this night a event of proportions is upon us, it is on this night that we will finally put a end to the chaos we created and in the morning the sun will rise on a new Alderia. A Alderia that is no longer ravaged by pointless wars, A Alderia that the children of every family can grow up without fear of having their parents taken off to war or having their home destroyed in a conflict. A Alderia were we all finally come together as one. This new Alderia has been my dream since i was a small boy growing up, being groomed to continue this bloodshed after my Father passed away was something i wanted no responsibility of continuing. But there i was sitting in his throne after him to clean up this vile mess he created.

It brings me to tears to finally see this dream become a reality, and it is thanks to all of you that this dream is becoming a reality. All of you are what made this a possibility by putting aside your anger for each other and looked towards a brighter future. Thank you."

many of the attending begin to applaud as the short speech comes to a end (The NPCs do at least...) a bit moved by the King's words..although some appear a bit disappointed that it had to be delivered by his daughter. "Touching words, i except nothing less from him. Now then onto the next order of business, the signing of the treaty will begin shortly, despite my father not being here i will still sign on the treaty on our house's behalf..But if any of you have any questions before we begin please ask!"

@Greenie @JJ @Squee @Aria Valle @JinxMonster @Raven Haruka @Tarieles @CylciaAlyann @Lucian @Aktasuki Gremony

So Victoria was indeed at the citadel as well. It didn't come to Seti as a surprise, certainly if she had siblings they'd be here with her as well, but her parents could not have another child. They were lucky enough to have her, a fact they'd let her know before and even still, even though she does find it rather annoying at times. Celthric did, however, bring up a good question. When would the singing start? Seti was not sure, herself. "Perhaps a servant would be a better source?" she questioned. Music was one of her favorite pass times, however she was unsure of the songs here would be any similar to the war shanties of her country, that would be highly inappropriate for such an event.She'd never really listened to foreign music, though she'd heard it in the background. Her face could usually be found in a book when she saw nothing else of interest.

Soon enough, the clanging of dinnerware on a glass drew the attention towards one particular individual, a princess Seti assumed everyone could recognize even if they'd not seen her face before. The room fell silent as she spoke of a message detailing that her father was too ill to arrive himself. Seti's king had been ill as well, an eerie coincidence. perhaps this was a bad omen that royalty will succumb to disease. Or perhaps this was natures way of starting anew, removing the old from the system. All pondering aside, Seti listened to the speech being given. Seti did not necessarily agree to the entire speech, to her people the wars were not pointless. It was a proud warrior nation, even if their numbers fell thin and required them to hire mercenaries, their people were still warriors. It was, however, time for peace, even if their reasoning was different. Warriors are not only born during war, but a warrior can be born to keep the peace, as well.

At the ending of the speech Seti joined in the crowd with the applause, though her hands made the sound of clashing metals due to the edges of her gauntlets touching when she clapped. The signing of the treaty was to begin, it made sense the singing would begin after the treaty were signed. Celebrating too early should there be a traitor would be disrespectful to the treaty. Turning her attention back towards Celthric, Seti spoke once more, trying her best to be elegant, though it did not suit her. "Shall we depart together?" More of an invitation than a request, he was a familiar face among the crowd of strangers.

gold-star-divider-5.2014.png

Theredir smiled at the Karva. "Ah, yes, you will have to try them once you are able. My personal favorite is the blend called Chonett. Delicious red wine. I'd tell you the ingredients, but it's... Well, closely guarded, to say the least. My father is not one to share recipes." He laughed a bit. "Stingy man." When her siblings were introduced, he also bowed lightly out of respect. "Very good to meet the two of you. I hope we can all get to know one another better, perhaps well enough to forge a trust between us if you do not mind me saying." He glanced over to where he last saw his sister, and shook his head. "It is no trouble at all. I'm sure she would enjoy the opportunity to mend our ties."

It was true, Bronwien wanted allies. While Vanlithe would not be the most opportune to further her goals, they would be an alliance nonetheless. She wanted friends in this world, and a house as old and similar as themselves would be a great opportunity. He perked his head up when the glass sounded. Ah, seems that it had begun. "However, it seems meeting my sister will have to wait until after. I should go meet with her. Come to us after the signing, I would love to introduce you. It has been a pleasure, Karva Felicity Vanlithe, we shall speak again if you are willing." He bowed again, and made his way to Bronwien.

[BCOLOR=transparent]
divider_(1).png
[/BCOLOR]Duvain seemed to perk up a little. She knew of their house? "Uh yes!" He said, now sounding rather excited. He gestured to Bronwien. "This is my sister, Berethenna Bronwien Vrannoth. She is the next house ruler." He announced, seeming to glow with pride. A light went off in his head. "Rivtdale? Oh, yes, I've heard of you. You were once the Blades of Rivtdale. You have the best cavalry! I've read about Lord Trell and Lady Reldall in my lessons." He seemed rather excited to know someone of importance. While he technically knew many people of importance, they didn't count. They were his family. "Very pleased to meet you Dutchess Victoria!"

[BCOLOR=transparent]
divider.png
[/BCOLOR]Bronwien smiled at Duvain, then at Victoria as she was introduced. "Very good to meet you." She greeted, nodding her head respectfully. When she heard the glass, and saw Theredir come over, she cast her eyes to the Princess. She was disappointed the King would not make it, but she sent a silent prayer his way. The speech was touching, and she clapped with the rest of the crowd, as did her two brothers. She wasn't sure where Arien was, but she would find her way. The place wasn't as gigantic as that. "Well, I suppose now we must enter to commence the signing." She said, looking to her siblings. They both nodded. "Very good to speak with you, Dutchess Victoria. If you or your brother wish to speak with me regarding concerns of our two houses, feel free to find me after. I will relay whatever information to my father."

After quite the search for those women who always over do it at such occasions as these Kusanagi was very disappointing. "No matter, about time I go for a real challenge" While looking around after the speech made by Princess Renée he noticed a beautiful Elven princess. While moving through the crowd beforehand he had hear people chatter about how beautiful the Elven nobility was and he never really noticed until now. From what he heard the woman's name was the [BCOLOR=transparent]3rd Heiress Althea Vandiir[/BCOLOR]. He got excited at the prospect. While moving over to her he made sure to keep his ears out for any valuable information. There is always the one noble to careless with secrets and lets the tongue slip.

"Excuse me miss, I happen to notice you are quite beautiful and I would like to introduce myself. I am Crown Zaharen Kusanagi, of House Ishii!" While making a very low bow towards her. After a couple seconds he corrects his posture and looks into the eyes of the mysterious women. He was puzzled by the her eyes, usually being able to read someone just from their eyes but hers were blank. He didn't know what was going to happen from that point and he felt amazing. "For once in my life, things were about to get fun" He said to himself. Not only a challenge but a puzzle he couldn't understand. He respected the unknown and what secrets it held. Kusanagi almost let the excitement burst from him. Not only does he have the chance to be something in this new world, he might have a little fun while doing it. Eagerly waiting for a response he looks away with an almost embarrassed look on his face.

Althea only had one drink of wine before a royal had approached her. So much for those two drinks that would have boosted her supposed happiness for peace. She kept her expression blank as always. Althea couldn't afford anyone truly knowing how she felt. So with practiced elegance, she flashed the royal a smile."Zaharen Kusanagi was it?" Curtsying, she continued, "thank you for the kind compliment. I am Althea Vandiir," before she paused. Most people would have heard of her Kingdom and have a clear perception of her and her siblings through that alone.

Althea smirked inwardly, well she wasn't in the mood for peace talks. With an indignant air she clarified,"Althea Vandiir, 3rd Heiress of the Kingdom Unalithia. Pleased to make your acquaintance Zaharen Kusanagi." Althea no longer felt the need for his confirmation of his identity. That was just a show of manner though that didn't really matter anymore. Since he should probably back of now, she thought. Most people would back off by the mere mention of her Kingdom. It was after all notorious for all its horrible doings.

Chapter one: First blood

If Huan's Intel was accurate then the signing of the treaty would begin shortly, Bo'gash, Heem-Tulm and Aberas are all in place and ready to commence their attack, just a matter of getting his people off this mountain and have them ready to make their march on the citadel, but first he wishes to address his troops and get their morale up before the battle. he makes his way to a over to a couple of stacked boxes and steps onto them, using them as a stage of sorts so that he can look over his army when speaking to them "Brothers and sisters of battle! May i have your attention please?" The Elderly man shouts, getting the attention of his troops who all stop what they are doing and give the man their ears, eager in what their commander has to say ".....Comrades, today we stand together to liberate this land that has been ravaged by irresponsible and dishonorable rulers who for far too long have fought like rabid dogs among themselves for their own selfish desires." Aberas who was still in the camp listened in to Huan's speech a bit unmotivated, still thinking this war is a tad bit barbaric despite the atrocities theses lords committed in their time "Children of Veran! You will be the firsts to deliver the souls of Alderia's finest to your eternal Father to feast upon!" Huan gestures over to the many orcs in the crowd who respond with cheering "Jikkions! Your impenetrable skin makes their stone walls look like they are made of parchment and your skills with spears will make a mockery of their Royal Calvary!" He says now gesturing over to the Jikkions who are raising their spears to the sky while cheering. "....Fol'a! Your catapults will rain hell fire down on their pathetic hold! Your swordsmen will then clean up the surviving rats within with ease!" Gesturing over to the Fol'a in the crowd who some clang their blades together while some of the Engineers clap, Aberas however is still not that motivated "...And my fellow Yakens! it is here were you will show all of Alderia the skill we possess in glorious combat!" Finally giving his last gesture to his kinsmen "And lets not forget the Ohrions, the ones who keep us all together...sadly they don't enjoy being out were the action is."

"Now then, i have a treat for all of you before we go into battle...Bring forth King Hale IV!" Huan then signals over to a few troops off in the distacen who walk into a tent nearby and drag out the battered king. The soldiers boo at the King and even throw garbage and dirt at him, they bring him in front of the crates Huan is standing on. Huan jumps down and grabs King Hale by the top of his head "THIS! Is the first man who betrayed us back in their war...When we came to Alderia in search of honorable combat it was this man who allowed us to join his..."Honorable duels"...To our displeasure we found no honor in the fights here and no respect, just madness and savagery....And when we went to claim our rewards for shifting the the filth he asked us to fight FOR HIM..No troops of his in ANY of the battles we fought..He betrayed us and killed many of our Brothers and sisters, Fathers and mothers, Sons and daughters..He cared not..Even killing a Ohrion.." At the mention of the King's deed of killing a Ohrion the crowd's reaction is bitter and becomes far more angry. "My friends! We will have blood and vengeance for his deeds, he asks for peace in a feeble attempt to wash away his crimes, but its too late for that your highness...Far too late" Huan then pulls out a peace of parchment and places it on the back of the King's head, then unseethes his knife and jabs it in the back of his head, pinning the note and killing him at the same time. The crowd roars in joy at the man's death and to get a larger rise out of this Huan aks for the sword of one of his troops and lops the head of the King off. picking it up, he returns to the top of the crates to show the entire crowd "Royal blood will spill! The Royal class will pay for its crimes and we will liberate this land from its corrupt rulers and bring a far more civilized world..As we speak the Royal heirs of this land are in that citadel trying to extend their pathetic lifespan by coming to some non-aggression pact...We all know thats just living on borrowed time until they begin fighting again..starting it all over..If they truly mean to stand together then let them show it! March foward to victory!

As soon as Huan tells the crowd to march forward to victroy many lieutenants begin rallying and ordering their platoons to get moving to the gathering point at the bottom of the mountain, war drums begin beating along the sound of the soldiers marching out of the camp, some stayed behind to protect the Siege engines. Huan jumps back down from his stack of crates and walks over to Aberas and hands him the head of the king "Aberas..I want you to.."deliver" Our friend here to his little party over there" Aberas gives Huan a puzzled look as he very uncomfortable takes the head of the dead king, turning it over to read the note he pinned to the back of his head "You..wrote this?" Aberas asked a bit nervous as to what he was planning, Huan then gives him one of his usually smirks "I always wanted to try writing one of those..I think i did alright with it..Now can i trust you to deliver our friend here?". The Young Director slowly nodded his head, now knowing exactly what he wanted him to do. Huan then nods back and makes his way towards the stables to mount up and catch up with his troops, before leaving he simply says "Damn good" to Aberas.

gold-star-divider-5.2014.png

Back at the citadel the Princess begins answer various questions to some of the nobles (mainly NPCs because no playing character asked any questions), mostly about possible trade opportunities and military defenses in case someone betrays the treaty. Once all the questions have been addressed the Princess a staff member comes up and whispers something in her ear, a discomforting look washes over face and is noticeably nervous now but tries to regain her confident and discipline look before addressing the crowd

"Ladies and gentlemen! If there are no more questions then it is time we do what we all came here to do, signing this treaty and put a stop to the chaos that has plagued our land for centuries, i ask you all to come up as you are called to sign the treaty on behalf of your Royal house" Behind the princess is a large document on a table that details what this treaty is about..Most of which is about how all who signed this are bound by their blood to cease aggression among each other and work towards a brighter future for Alderia. Also on the table is a knife that the Heirs will use to draw their own blood to sign the treaty with, they must do this themselves to show commitment to this treaty. a Doctor is at the side ready to bandage up the heirs to stop their bleeding.

The daughter of King Hale is the first to go up, she takes the knife and takes a deep breath before cutting a bit of her fore arm. She lets the blood drop off her arm into a small bowl on the table, she then takes a quill and uses her blood as ink to write in her name on the treaty. The doctor quickly comes over and caters to the Princess' self inflicted wound as she stands to the side. the Steward then begins reading off names for people to come forward and do the same..the bowl, Knife and quill are all replaced after each user to avoid contamination.

In the distance also a odd noise can be heard echoing from the mountains, the nervous look of the Princess come back as she hears it and tries to shrug it off "M-Must be a thunder storm coming in...Must be.." Although it does not sound like thunder...

[I'M NOT CALLING PLAYERS OUT ONE AT A TIME, WE WILL BE HERE FOR CENTURIES, SO IN THE ORDER YOU POST IN IS THE IC ORDER THAT THE HEIRS SIGN, SO WHEN YOU POST BE SURE TO SIGN THE TREATY]

@Greenie @JJ @Squee @Aria Valle @JinxMonster @Raven Haruka @Tarieles @CylciaAlyann @Lucian @Aktasuki Gremory

Devin watched Nathan walked away, headed, predictably, straight towards the food with that stupid dog of his right on his heels. The elder prince shook his head, a sour scowl twisting his face. It had been a mistake in the first place for their father to allow Nathaniel's presence here. He did not hold the dignified air asked of royal blood. No, his brother would rather mingle with the commoners. Hmph. He'd be sure to let King Sebastian know about how, exactly, Nathaniel had been representing the Caldwell name outside of the Keep.

The sound of a spoon against glass caught his ear, and Devin tilted his head towards the stairway, where a very attractive girl was starting to make a speech. He listened intently, making sure he knew what to do when called upon, and clapped along as the rest of the room did. Watching as Princess Renee spilled her own blood into a fine bowl upon the table, then signing her name upon the parchment also lying there, he winced. Unsure if he could do that to himself, the elder prince shifted uncomfortably where he stood. He didn't have long to think about it, however, as through the fog of his mind he heard his name - well, James's name - called out. Head snapped up, and he shuffled towards the ceremony, taking the offered knife. Someone had cleaned it, or replaced it, he wasn't sure, as no blood from the previous participant still remained. The bowl, too, was empty. Turning the knife on himself, he pressed the point into his forearm, sucked in a breath, and then plunged it inward, breath escaping in a hiss at the pain. Blood welled up around the blade, spurting forth when he removed it, and rushed to get it into the bowl. He'd gone a little deeper than was probably necessary but he had never claimed to be an expert in self mutilation.

Ignoring the worried look of the doctor to the side, he let the knife clatter to the table and snatched the quill, dipping it into the blood and signing directly below Princess Renee. He had practiced James's signature for weeks, and had it mimicked perfectly there. He pulled back to admire his handiwork, then tossed the quill into the bowl and stepped to the side where the doctor was waiting eagerly to bandage his wound. He let the man do his job, seafoam-green eyes sweeping over Princess Renee. He cleared his throat and with a charming smile, looked over to her. "Why do you look so troubled, Princess? A face that beautiful looks unnatural without a smile."

Nathan's stormy gaze flicked from person to person that milled around the ballroom. Judging from their fine attire, they, like he and Devin, were all here to sign he treaty. Truly, he'd never imagined there were so many princes and princesses (or whatever the respective title that meant the same thing) in Alderia. Seemed a little overcrowded in here to him. But he said nothing, and spoke to no one, content to watch, and listen, offering a smile and a "no thank you" shake of his head whenever a servant offered him something (other than some wine, which he and his travel-parched throat gratefully accepted). The hair on the back of his neck prickled uneasily. Something did't feel right. The princess's speech was met with little attention. He wasn't here for that, and it didn't concern him, but nevertheless his eyes followed Devin as he took his place to sign the treaty, praying that the weeks of planning and practicing made his father's treachery flawless and without error.

When finally Devin was finished, and apparently thought it was a good idea to strike up conversation with Princess Renee, his attention was quickly turned elsewhere. He had no desire to watch Devin make a fool of himself with a girl he had no chance with. Swallowing the last of his wine in a gulp, he sat the glass back on the table, snatched an apple from a pile at the center, and moved away from it with Maverick at his heels. Slipping through the crowd, who were all enthralled by the ceremony, Nathan ducked into a side corridor. Maverick paused, tilting his head back to where Devin stood and giving Nathan a "shouldn't we stay with him" sort of look.

"Come on, Mav." He whispered. "He'll be fine." And when the dog came, finally, out of sight, Nathan shook his head. "You're too smart for your own damn good, mutt."

The pair padded along the hallway, eyes and ears peeled for any servants that might blow their cover. He'd seen the general direction in which the servant had taken his horse, and was confident in finding his way there unmolested. They met no opposition, moving quickly and quietly through the deserted hall, and soon enough, came to a door that led outside. Plucking the knife from his boot, he opened the door and jammed it into the frame, so it would stay open, then slipped outside into the night. There were no guards on the other side of the door, either, which he found strange but didn't dwell on. They were probably all drunkenly celebrating the way soldiers tend to do. They weren't expecting trouble, tonight, anyway - after all, this was the signing of a peace treaty.

The stable wasn't too far from the door that he'd come out, and as he wandered through the rows and rows of horses, looking for his own dappled gray, he was mesmerized by the variety in size and shape that these stalls possessed. Back home, there was really only two types of horses: large, war-bred draft breeds, and a smaller, sturdy, mustang-like breed that the Caldwell House had perfected centuries ago. Able to run for miles and miles without stopping and as smart as a whip. He found his gelding near the back, which made sense since they'd arrived last, and he was pleased to see that the beast had been groomed and fed already. He deserved it after that journey. Nathan proffered the apple, which the gray took from his palm without hesitation, crunching happily. Nathan scratched his forelock and then turned away, intending to head back to the party.

A low, rumbling growl from Maverick vibrated through his boots and Nathan frowned, glancing down at the dog, who was pressed against his knees, teeth bared and ears pricked at the other end of the stable. And it was then that they heard the noise again. The noise that sounded like thunder, but obviously wasn't. The first time he had shrugged it off, unconcerned. But this time it was louder, and closer, and recognizable now that he was outside and with no music in his ears. It sounded like footsteps. Thousands of footsteps. A marching army. A surge of fear rose, an then quickly extinguished within him. It couldn't possibly be an army. The soldiers of all the houses were here. Together. Peacefully. But Maverick was unconvinced, his hackles standing erect, the growl never ceasing until Nathan nudged him with a foot. "Quiet." He commanded, and the dog did.

Finding their tack, he quickly saddled his gelding, and Devin's mare, who was in the next stall over, though she hadn't been ridden the entire journey and was more well rested. He led the horses back to the door, tying them to an extinguished wall torch, then went for the door. It was probably nothing, but he'd rather have a getaway plan already and not need it than the other way around. He pulled the door open - or, would have, if it hadn't been jammed, thanks to the knife he'd stuck in the frame. It opened wide enough for him to fit one shoulder in but no more, and he groaned and grunted, trying to reopen it to no avail. The knife was stuck right below the hinge, preventing the door from opening any further. How stupid of him.

He turned to Maverick, knowing the dog was slim enough to fit through, and hesitated. "Go find Devin." He stressed. "Bring him here."

Maverick tilted his head.

"DEVIN." Nathan repeated. He knew the dog probably didn't understand all of the command, but if he managed to get to Devin, his brother would know to ask him to find Nathan, which would bring them both back here. Hopefully. He'd never trusted the dog with something so important. Holding the door open, he gestured for Maverick to go.

"DEVIN." He said one last time, watching as Maverick disappeared down the hall.

(Just gonna put all my characters in one post.)

[BCOLOR=transparent]
divider.png
[/BCOLOR]

Bronwien stepped forward as she heard her name. She allowed her siblings to come with her. Arien had also found the others, and was joining them. She approached the document, grasping the knife and new bowl. Without a second thought, she slit her forearm, squeezing some blood into the bowl. She dipped the quill into the blood, and signed her name. She smiled when she was done. This treaty pleased her. She allowed the doctor to quickly bandage the cut, and walked back into the main room with her siblings. She, too, had noticed the worry on the Princess' face, and had heard something off. She didn't think much of it, but still didn't keep it from staying in her mind.

"It's done." She said, Theredir placing a hand on her shoulder. He knew of the importance this held. Now they could trade with other houses once again without worrying about the war. "This will be a momentous point in history. We must only hope that many others will follow in our footsteps." She spoke quietly, still smiling.

Smiling, Felicity and bid farewell to Theredir as he left to go and meet up with the rest of his household. She then turned to her siblings and smiled. "I can't believe after the signing i'll be able to meet with the heiress of Vrannoth to discuss mending our ties." The young Karva was radiating with excitement. Felicity took a calming breath to help compose herself before she turned back to where Princess Renee was giving her fathers speech. Once complete, the Vanlithe siblings applauded along with the rest of the room. Felicity watched carefully as Princess Renee spilled her blood and was the very first to sign the treaty. Then went the house of Caldwell, followed by the house of Vrannoth and then Felicity's own house was called. Felicity took it as a good omen that the Vrannoth and Vanlithe names would be signed next to each other on the treaty. This must be a sign to prove that there were to be good things to come between the two elven households.

Felicity looked back at her siblings as she was getting ready to walk up to the treaty. "Would the two of you like to accompany me?" It was simply a question, it was to make sure that the two siblings didn't feel left out. "We'll be fine here, this is your moment Felicity." Alanna answered before nudging her sister to go forward. Nodding, Felicity then made her way through the crowd toward the peace treaty. She gave a small nod to Theredir and his siblings before she continued her way toward the treaty. Once there Felicity took the new blade the was presented to her and quickly made a cut on her forearm. The pain wasn't anything to uncomfortable for the young Karva, she the let her blood fall into the bowl for a second before she picked up the quill. Once the quill was coated in her blood, Felicity gracefully signed her name. Felicity stepped back and smiled at her signature before she stepped to the side to allow the doctor to wrap her arm.

Once Felicity made her way back to where she had left her siblings, she was surprised to see that they were no longer there. Where had the two run off to? The young Karva's crystal blue eyes swept the crowd, had the left to go to the washroom? If so they picked a really funny time to have to go. Felicity looked over towards where the Vrannoth's were standing, she had wanted to speck with the heiress as soon as possible but it seemed that would have to wait. Felicity slowly started to make her way through the crowd in search of her siblings.
divider.png

Alanna and Ashton stood firmly next to Felicity as they listened to Princess Renee's speech. Though upon hearing the unusual sound, the twins took noticed to the princess nervous appearance and how she wrote it off as thunder. Thunder? Alanna looked at Ashton and she could already tell he had the same bad feeling as she had. On the journey Citadel there had not been a single sign of a storm brewing, and if that wasn't enough the Vanlithe's were raised hunters. They lived in the forest and were very use to the sound of thunder, the sound they heard was slightly off to the two elves.

Alanna was pulled from her thoughts the moment she heard Felicity's name being called. Felicity then turn to Ashton and herself and asked if they wanted to go up with her as she signed her name. Alanna noticing Ashton silent no, quickly told her sister to go ahead without them. Once Felicity had turned and left them Alanna and Ashton slipped out of the ballroom to go and see what exactly the sound had really been.

"We have to be quick Ash. I don't want to leave Felicity on her own for to long."Alanna said to her brother, who simply gave her a nod of understanding. The two made their way down the corridor, they could hear the noise better but it still wasn't clear enough to know what is was. They were heading towards the main entrance to go out and see but they were stopped before they could get to the door. "The two of you need to return to the ballroom." The guard informed the two, his face was completely blank but Alanna could of swore she heard a quiver in his tone.

"We have some business to attend to with a couple of our soldiers. Please step aside." Alanna lied effortlessly, determined to get a look outside to truly find out if it was thunder they heard. "I apologize but all attendees are to stay in the ballroom. If you do not turn back I will be forceed to have you both escorted back forcefully." Alanna glared at the man, she was ready to protest but Ashton put his hand on her shoulder. She watched as her twin nudged her to turn and head back to the ballroom with him. "Felicity" Was all he said, and it was all he really needed to say. Alanna agreed with her brother's logic. They needed to get back to Felicity, the Karva should have signed her name already which meant their job was done and that they could leave.

Alanna and Ashton walked into the ballroom and looked up towards the peace treaty, another noble was now signing which meant Felicity had finished. Alanna looked over the crowd in search for her sister. "Ash, I don't see her. Let's split up, once we find her were out of here." Alanna said to Ashton before the two split way and started looking through the crowd for Felicity.
divider.png

After looking through the crowd for her siblings for a while, Felicity decided to go and actually check the washrooms. The young Karva had easily slipped out into the side corridor, she walked down the massive hall in search of the washrooms. After a few minutes of aimless wondering the young Karva was really hoping to find someone to help her, she wasn't even sure how to get back to the ballroom now. "I wonder where the guards are?" She muttered before something collided into her. Felicity groaned as she fell on the her butt, looking towards what had hit her. The Karva was surprised to see a shepherd standing before her.

"What are you doing wondering around by yourself little guy." Felicity cooed sweetly as she slowly picked herself up off the floor. "You must be one of the other household pets. How about we find our way back together." Felicity suggested, she then looked around the hall. "Though, i'm really not sure which way we should go." At those words the canine started to whine and turned to look down another hall. Felicity looked at the animal, he would take a few steps down the other hall then look back at her and bark. "You want to go that way? Ok then" Felicity said as she started to follow the dog. If they were lucky maybe the dog would lead her to a guard that could help her.

Felicity followed quietly behind the canine until they came to a door. The Shepard whined and started to scratch at the door desperately. "Is this your way of saying you have to go out?" Felicity laughed before she went to open the door but it didn't open all the way. Looking around Felicity was able to spot a small dagger wedged in the door like it had been to prop it open but it slipped and became stuck. Removing the blade, Felicity slowly opened the door and looked out at the stables. "Hello? Is someone here?" She called out as the canine raced passed her legs and down the row of horse. What was going on?

The princess stared at the mountain formation in the distance slowly listening to the echo coming from it, constantly thinking that its all in her head and that its not what she thinks it is, the steward from before informed her of some strange sightings in the area, days before there were also reports of scouts vanishing in the mountains and nearby forests. Her train of thought is interrupted as she is approached by one of the more handsome heirs of the gathering, coming to ask what is troubling her and gives a charming comment about her appearance. She quickly tries to think of if she should tell him or not, does not want to cause a panic but also does not want to hide information from their new found allies.

"Its..Nothing..Or i hope its nothing just...Theres been some strange actively ever since this citadel began construction..We had large caravans move though the territory yet there were no reports filed on them...They never dropped off building materials and never even came near the construction site. Then the caravans got smaller and scouts we sent to track them down ended up vanishing and never returning...I was then told by my Steward of some strange sightings west of here in the nearby forest...While we didn't see any army a scout spotted some individuals who fit the description of members of "The Celdrin Union"...Don't know if you heard of them but they were one of the more well know mercenary bands during "The War of fortune"...I may be overthinking it and they are just some wanderers, but....No, No, i must be overthinking this...I feel a bit light headed, dehydrated maybe..Steward?" She calls out as she looks around for the steward that was with her before

She then spots the man a second before he vanishes into a hallway "Where is he going...Um, i hate to ask this of someone of your status, but can you please get me some water, I'm a bit light headed right now and i don't know where my steward is going."She asks Devin a bit sheepishly She then gets a bit more comfortable as she stops hearing the echo coming from the mountain, must had been in her head.

The request caught him off guard. He'd never been asked to... well, honestly, do anything for anyone else before, and he was sort of taken aback. But he kept his face straight, offering a curt not. "Certainly, Princess." Stepping away, he fingered the new bandage that adorned his arm, making his way to the refreshment table and picking up a pitcher of iced water. He poured it into a glass, glancing around. Hadn't Nathan been here only moments ago? Surely he couldn't have gotten that far in such a short period of time. But his brother was at the back of his mind right now. Nathan could wait. His conversation with the princess, however, could not. Though he wasn't thinking about how he was supposed to make himself look good when he was currently supposed to be his brother.

Stepping around a servant who had stopped to restock the table, he made his way back to Renee's side, offering the glass to her. She certainly looked pale and worried, that was certain. "Are you well? Do you need to... to lie down, or something? Is there someone I can find for you? Or perhaps escort you to your chamber?" He didn't know if there were even personal rooms here, but he had to assume there were - he was sure King Hale IV didn't expect them to depart from their two-day journey with a mere few hours rest in between.

The minutes ticked by uncomfortably as Nathan waited for Maverick to return, hopefully with his brother in tow. He knew that Devin wasn't very fond of the shepherd, but he trusted that he was smart enough to sense when something was wrong - especially when Maverick was there, but Nathan was nowhere in sight. He led the horses back to the stable, returning them to their stalls. It would be easier to stay out of sight this way, in case the mysteriously absent guards decided to show up. He climbed up into the hayloft and sat silently, eyes trained on the door that hopefully his brother would appear through soon.

It seemed like forever had passed by the time Maverick's dark shape reappeared, pressing through the doorway and pausing to look back. It had worked! Devin had listened. Nathan half-rose, intending to leap down from the hayloft, when the door creaked open and a shape followed Maverick that definitely was not his brother. Rather, it was an elf, one of the Elven Princesses. He didn't know her name, but he'd seen her in the ballroom. What the hell was she doing following Maverick? And why had the dog brought her back in the first place?

"This is the last time I trust you with something important, Mav." He growled, hang-dropping from the hayloft to land a few yards away from the elf. He eyed the knife she held in her hand. His knife. "What are you doing out here?" He queried, voice intense but not unkind.

"Wonderful! Now I understand who you really are. Oh the stories you tell must be magnificent!" Kusanagi was excited. He had heard of House Unalithia and all of their trickery and lies. He did not care, for he had never been quite true either. "Perhaps you would share one with me when this is over? I would be honored." he said while giving a slight wink at the last remark. Kusanagi knew that people don't like to associate with Althea's house but he wasn't phased. Just some uppity nobles getting mad over losing their kingdoms because they can't gather intelligence properly. He has agents in every kingdom so he wouldn't make the same mistakes as everyone else. Luckily his kingdom hasn't been in a war in some time so he was able to earn a reputation in politics, although not disregarding practicing war-time skills such as using a sword.

"Zaharen Kusanagi Ishii" He had heard his name called to put his name on the treaty. "If you would excuse me for a moment" Bowing, then walking towards the treaty. He was called before she could give her response so he was anxious as to what is to come next. It could be anything although he always thinks the worst. Getting up there and actually cutting yourself was interesting to him. He liked the signing in blood personally. He cut a little bit after the wrist so it wouldn't effect his sword training in the upcoming weeks. He put the quill in his blood and wrote his name, officiating his name in this document forever. After putting the quill down he licked the blood from his wound, almost savoring the taste then passing the doctor. A doctor for a tiny cut like this is embarrassing. Well at least that quelled his anxiousness for the moment, while walking back to Althea. "This ought to be interesting"

Felicity slowly followed the dog down the row of horses, after making her way to the end and not seeing anyone she was ready to head back inside. As the young Karva was about to turn to go back a boy dropped from the hayloft in front of her. Felicity stumbled back and covered her mouth to conceal her scream. She looked up at the hayloft then back to the boy trying to figure out just what he had been doing there. Was he going to hurt her? Felicity started to panic and gripped the dagger she had found close to her.
"What are you doing out here?"
The boy's question pulled Felicity out of her thoughts, she wasn't sure how she should answer. Should she tell him the truth? What if knowing she was lost and alone gave him an idea to harm her. No! That shouldn't happen, everyone that was in the Catidel was signing for peace. Which meant that it should be ok to trust the boy...Right? "Umm, well I was looking for my siblings and ended up getting myself lost. I happen to come across your dog while I was wondering and ended up following him here." Felicity had pretty much assumed the dog was the boy's from the way it sat so close to the male. "So what are you doing out here?"

Giving a soft applause after the speech, Xanos quickly grabbed another bite of cheese and moved off towards the exit of the hall and nodded at the guards, as he opened the door to have the Val captain Kane standing there with a soft smile, only to have Xanos grab his shoulder and pull him out into the open "Well it seems everything is as boring as I expected it to be, all the families are stuck into their groups" he nodded a little irritated "Still the signing is soon, have you done as I asked and prepared the guards as necessary in case something happens....this is where it hits the moon in the stories", Kane nodded and spoke not a word as he simply placed a hand on the Princes shoulder before smiling behind his helmet.

Nodding he smiled and moved back into the main area, noticing some of the royals had gone, muttering something to himself he made simply moved back into the table area, beginning to feast once more. He liked cheese after all.

The princess is a bit surprised that a royal heir would fufil her request, she felt ashamed to ask someone of his status to carry out some task that a butler normally would, perhaps he was just trying to be a gentleman? She accepts the glass grateful and gives a slight bow in thanks before carefully sipping the water. Must had lost more blood than she thought she did and that explains the light headedness even though it clearly was not that much she let seep from her self-inflicted wound, just all in her head maybe. The heir then expresses his concern for her by asking if there is anything else she needed or if she needed to lie down...The part about escorting her to her chambers although seemed a bit bold "Maybe just some fresh air.." Renee replies as she feels her forehead, looking over to the balcony north of the room.

divider.png

Meanwhile, the steward from before moves on with determination in his eyes, not paying attention to anything or anyone else around him. Most staff members just ignore him but some of the guards look at him a bit off seeing him so far away from the people he should be attending too, its his job after all...

He walks not the stables and makes his move down the hallway both Nathan and Felicity are currently in, he pays them no attention but does however simply push Felicinty gently out of his way, still not saying anything to them and continuing on as if he did nothing

When Princess Renee came out to speak, Haylana had her mouth pretty much stuffed with a piece of rice cake. Hastley glanced her way a moment before tapping at her elbow causing her to quickly swallow. While he was listening rather intently to what King Hale's daughter was saying, it was clear that Haylana was only busy staring at the Princess, ears seemingly not picking up any words.

"Hayla-"

"Isn't she so pretty, Hastley?" she said excitedly.

Hastley sighed softly, inwardly putting a palm to his face. As much as he loved his sister, she could be a little to oblivious at times. It was endearing, yet in times like these, not very helpful. "And out of your reach, so please don't even think that way." His voice was soft yet stern before he turned to look at their host's daughter once more, listening to her words.... or rather, the King's words. By the end of the letter, a light smile graced his lips. He clapped briefly as well, deciding the words held merit and it should be shown.

Haylana had meanwhile finished up her food and was looking to the dance floor, practically bouncing in her shoes. "Come Hastley, let's dance," she told him, deciding not to wait for anyone to actually ask her. This was her kind of fun, something she didn't see a lot of at home.

"Not now, Lana," Hastley told her before looking back to the Princess, listening to the questions that were asked. He didn't want to spurn her but it was important that he listened and took note of everything. It wouldn't do to return without remembering everything that he had signed a blood treaty too.

His sister on the other hand was here as company, and she didn't really wish to stand and listen in at the moment. Haylana decided to head to the dance floor and seek her chances there instead of staying by her brother and ultimately either getting bored or irritate him. She looked around, trying to find someone interesting to talk to.

Meanwhile, the signing of the treaty had begun. Hastley turned to Haylana to tell her something... and realized she wasn't there. Cursing softly in his language, he decided to simply let her be. It was safe here after all, and hopefully she'd act her age for once. So, he waited until his name was called before heading forward. Now, signing blood oaths was nothing rare in House Larkin. There were light scars on Hastley's wrist from where he had cut before; there was no change of expression on his face when he sliced through, letting the blood flow freely. In just a few instances he signed the treaty and fell back, not wishing to have some doctor he didn't know touch him.​

Last edited:
Finna was disappointment to find that she had missed much of the chatter and pleasantries. Stupid Moorian boats, she thought. Her homeland was landlocked and they did not excel at making quick ships, or ships at all comparable to those of the rest of Alderia. She stepped to the main doors and readily passed her sword along to the servant there. To be honest, she was not entirely comfortable carrying it at all. Quite unlike her foil, meant for classic fencing, the edges of this were sharp, meant to hurt, or even kill. She did not like the thought of that at all, but chose to bring a sword because she suspected other houses would do the same. Could she really have given away her inexperience in battle by bringing anything but the real thing? No, she needed a bluff.

By the time she stepped into the dining area, Princess Renée had introduced herself and begun the King's speech. She seemed apologetic that her father could not attend. Strange, considering no other monarchs were meant to be present. Finna had expected that the Princess would attend in her father's place, as Finna attended in the place of her own father, King of Moors. After all, this treaty was a symbol of peace for the new generation and the future to come. Regardless, King Hale sent along a beautiful speech, and the Princess delivered it well. She clapped politely at the close, showing restraint that would make her parents proud. Scanning the room, she headed to the array of food presented, or what was left of it.

By the looks of it, most were dressed in their formal attire, but glancing around, Finna saw more than a few royals in armor, even what she would consider daily wear. "See," she turned to her guard, "I told you we could dress down." Her guard was dressed as well as most princes.

"You know our attire was not up to me, Your Highness," he replied, with a hint of humor in his tone.

"No sir, and neither is how you address me. How many times must I ask you to simply call me Finna?"

With a gentle shoulder tap, and a head nod, she directed him to the area where people were gathering to sign the treaty. She headed that direction with her guard in tow.

As the princess emerged and began the speech, Celthric listened cautiously to the speech. He slowly clapped along with the crowd, but he felt like something was off. He didn't like large scale treaties like this, and he could feel the other houses ready to break it. However he didn't have a say in it, his Uncle was persistent. Seti's voice brought Celthric out of his thoughts.

Shall we depart together?
As much as I would enjoy that Seti, I'm afraid I must find my sister for the signing. I'm afraid this is the first signing she has attended. I will find you after the signing m'lady.

He said with a bow and a smirk before turning and scanning the crowd for his sister.

Rivtdale? Oh, yes, I've heard of you. You were once the Blades of Rivtdale. You have the best cavalry! I've read about Lord Trell and Lady Reldall in my lessons.
Victorias smile melted into a partial frown. That was all her damn house was known for! That damn cavalry army and being religious. Nothing elegant or economical. She had met few that knew House Rivtdale were also proud Horse breeders and sellers, because what business does that provide for a Noble House? She put on a weak smile and said
Yes... That'd be the one.
As she spoke, Princess Renée came out for her speech.

Victoria listened to the speech and smiled. Finally, peace would come to this land, and she could study in peace without being nagged to learn how to battle on a horse. She also hoped it would open up new opportunities for her to travel to other houses, and learn their trades.
Perhaps learning how to brew wine would be interesting to learn.
She thought to herself as she gave a friendly nod to the Vrannoth House as they walked away. Now she had to find her idiot brother. Before she could turn, a recognizable grasp gripped her shoulder.
Talking to more Elves I see Victoria? I warn you, they are sneaky in their own right!
Victoria rolled her eyes and sighed.
I swear Celthric you must stop being so uptight with other races and more importantly, other nobility.
We will talk about this another time sister.
Celthric motioned as House Rivtdale was called up to sign.
Remember, cut where I cut. We don't need to be up their any longer than needed.

As the brother and sister strode to sign, they held smiles on their faces, both their postures perfect and straight. Celthric cut first, and he seemed to smile more at the pain. Victoria hesitated, but a quick nod from Celthric urged her on. The two signed their names side by side before the doctor patched them up. The two returned to the crowd, where Celthric quickly picked up the argument.

We have no need of an alliance with Elves Victoria! Our allies are strong as is!
You know how our Uncle feels about Elves as well as anyone! He said he has yet to meet an Elf nobleman that didn't stick to his word! And I'm assuming by alliances, you mean the treaty with Seti Wyisswar and her House?
Victoria said nodding towards Seti.
Oh what do you know! You are naught but a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.