Rose's thorns

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Scientist are not pure evil," Kyuhyun said in defense "Scientist have done a lot of good for the world" he took Shiki's hand and pulled himself up onto the ledge. "We could always... I don't know, what do even like, other than destroying things?"

"I guess out in my world they wouldn't be. But in the human realm they seem it." He pulled the boy up and positioned himself comfortably against the wall. "I don't like them personally. Don't like what they think they're doing. That's why there are none in this world, the closest we get to that is alchemist, who like to get themselves caught up in bad situations because they think they know everything that's going on and can change it."

Shiki scoffed, cracking his knuckles as he got to his feet and began back down the path way, following the path the rocks lead them down. "I like to kill things," Shiki grinned, assuming the boy would be following behind him. "I'll try anything right now kid, trapped inside just because I'm traveling with a wounded basilisk and a human and his pet."

"We could try a small game in my world, it's called Truth or Dare, I don't know if you played it before or not" Kyuhyun said shrugging "And remember who bought that "pet"" Kyuhyun brushed himself off and walked into the tunnel

"Basic rules are, We each take turns asking truth or dare and then create an objective they have to complete for dare or a question they have to answer truthfully,"

"Hush you," Shiki said, locking his fingers together behind his head. He listened to the boy as he spoke, a grim look on his face as boredom set in. The glowing rocks seemed to be ongoing as Shiki followed them along the walls. Noticing a few other things that seemed to be glowing as well.

He was especially transfixed on the light blue mushroom tops that sprouted up from almost every crack and crevice as they went on. "I have to repeat the same question again and again? Sounds repetitive, but alright I guess. So lets start off with dare kid," He grinned arrogantly, "Seeing as there's nothing I can't do right now."

"Nothing you can't do eh?," Kyuhyun said before looking thoughtful "I dare you to.... Eat one of those rocks," He said pointing to a small patch of glowing rocks with a smile as he leaned against the opposite wall.

He waited watching for Shiki's reaction with an uninterested face on.

Shiki let out a sigh of irritation, looking at the boy then the small bit of rocks. "Whatever," he said with a shrug, kneeling down before them. Examining the size a bit, he picked one up and tossed it a few times. Finally he tossed the one he was toying with out of his way and threw a punch at the bunch of rocks, shattering a few.

Shaking his fist, he picked the broken shards up and put them to his lips. With a swift tilt of his head back, he let the chunks fall to the back of his throat where he slowly swallowed them. As he finished, he peeked up at Kyuhyun over his shoulder, spitting a small pebble out that didn't seem to go down. "Well that was boring," he stood up, covering his mouth as he coughed a bit. The rocks, though smaller, were still rather sharp and had scratched at his throat as they went down.

He began walking again, "I'm hoping I don't need to ask."

Kyuhyun laughed as Shiki coughed out one o fthe pebbles. "Ahh no you don't need to ask, I chose Dare," Kyuhyun said racing up to fall in step beside Shiki. Kyuhyun shrugged at the boring comment. Shiki eating the rocks was more for his enjoyment than anything else. Behind his back Kyuhyun crossed his fingers hoping to get a not to difficult task to complete.

Shiki sighed, peering at the boy through the corner of his eye. "Alright I guess." He walked on in silence for some time, trying to think of something the young boy could do without injuring himself. "Geeze, the only reason this is so difficult is because you're so fragile." He continued to look around, hoping to find something to do in such an empty and enclosed space.

"Alright well, something that would entertain me." Stopping, Shiki turned and examined the large rock surrounding them. Its surface was smooth, only a few pebbles sticking out here and there. "Run up the wall," he finally said, hoping to watch the boy fall.

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrown and nodded "Challenge accepted," he said before stepping up to the wall to look at it. He tapped on it in various places doing quick calculations. He knew if he took to long Shiki would get bored and looked up to see a nook at the very top Shiki failed to see. Smiling to himself he backed up until his back pressed up against the opposite wall.

Readying himself he looked up again to do another quick calculation before sprinting off. A few moments later he ran up the wall some what and grabbed the small nook to slow his descent down before sliding down. He smiled and said "And that Shiki, is what a scientist can do," He stretch and said "Anyways your turn,"

Shiki had his arms crossed, boredly watching the boy look over the surroundings. Rolling his eyes, he took a step back, spitting out another small pebble from his earlier venture. Watching the boy, he grinned a bit, hoping to get a kick out of the humans attempt. He didn't seem to bothered when things didn't go as he'd hoped, still somewhat entertained by the boys success.

Shrugging, he began on again, arms still crossed before him to show his obvious boredom. "That's not science moron. The rock did all the work, you simply were able to find it." He scoffed at the boys remark, annoyed at what he thought to be pure ignorance on Kyuhyun's part. "Truth."

"Ah ah ah, Shiki, you don't know what went on in m mind as I looked at the rock face. Every little detail I soaked in and calculated in my mind. It's quite simple really," Kyuhyun said offended "And it didn't do any 'work' in order for that it would have had to move," he scoffed, walking besides Shiki.

"Truth, truth, truth.... How did you get a demon inside you?" He asked treading lightly incase it was a sensitive issue

"It did move. How do you think the crack got there." He stretched, running his hand through his hair. The large opening seemed to be growing smaller as they went further back in, giving Shiki the feeling of being crushed. He shook his head, hoping to remove any such thoughts of such stupid things. He watched Kyuhyun for the first few seconds, quickly growing bored of the young boys game.

Coming to a halt, he leaned against the wall, eyes closed, arms crossed, and an expression of boredom. "Demon? Rose's father put him there," he answered plainly, looking up at Kyuhyun.

"That crack was there before the run up the wall. It moves so slowly that it doesn't have any affect on the equations," Kyuhyun defended shaking his head "It's no use talking to you about science, you'll always blame it on something else, but news flash, everything is a science," he pushed past Shiki continuing down the path.

"See that no fun, details are fun make it a story," Kyuhyun said encouraging him on while he still walked "By the way, I choose truth as well,"

"Forgive me if I don't enjoy thinking about the day a demon was forcefully made a part of me," Shiki said boredly, watching the boy walk on. "It's a dead end. Why do you think I stopped?" He slammed his head against the rock behind him lightly, trying to think of something that would entertain him for the time being. "Alright, copy-cat. Truth; How do you feel about Rose?"

Kyuhyun smacked into the wall when he heard it was a dead end "Oh so it is," he said before gripping his nose hissing in pain. A few moments later he scrunched it up and released it to make sure it wasn't broken. Satisfied Kyuhyun walked over to Shiki standing infront of him. "She's a brilliant girl, very bright, very happy and I like her, hell I love her, but more like a brother. Sure she's my girlfriend and all and I did like her to the point to ask her out but it's more like brotherly love of it makes sense"

"Yet you're here making a muck of my life. Figures." Shiki smiled at the boy, the look in his eye making it obvious he was only teasing. He didn't hold eye contact with the boy for very long, feeling a strange overwhelming joy to Kyuhyun's answer to the question. He pushed it to the back of his mind, assuming the feeling he felt was the joy of knowing Rose was still his. The smile that didn't seem to easily fade seemed to make it obvious that that may not have been the case.

"Anyway, dare." Shiki turned and began back down the path, wondering what time of day it was.

"Oh sure, I'm making a muck of your life, just remember you chose to bring me along," Kyuhyun said rolling his eyes. He returned Shiki's smile with a wide one and clapped his back. "So dare is it," Kyuhyun said looking up. He wondered how far he could push the limits of the other and what he can and wouldn't do. "I dare you... To kiss me," He said with a laugh. It wasn't that he liked the boy, no it was because he thought Shiki wouldn't actually do it.

Shiki sighed, rolling his eyes at the boys touch. Use to it or not, it was still a strange feeling for him, knowing that the boy had gotten so comfortable with him already and vice versa. With the cracking of his knuckles, he locked his fingers together behind his head once again.

"You want me to do what," Shiki almost barked out, glaring at the boy over his shoulder. Not only did he feel the thought demeaning to him, but the thought made him feel as though he'd be betraying Rose. "What's with you and the touching kid?"

"Ha! Knew you wouldn't do it," Kyuhyun said with a devilish smile "Thank god too, I like you, but not that much," the Korean skipped down the passage. He turned around and frown "There is nothing wrong with touching, I'm comfortable around you, just be happy I'm not a creepy molester,"

"Anyways since you didn't complete a dare you have to answer two questions, number one; What is your fondest moment in life and number two; Why do you hate physical contact so much?"

The boys remark caught him a bit off guard, making him regret his first statement. "You what," he almost growled out as he stepped to the boy. There was little Shiki never did, seeing himself as invincible in all aspects. His eyebrow twitched with irritation as he the humans remark repeated it self in his head. Finally he cracked, grabbing the boy and pinning him against the wall.

He pressed his lips against the others, forcefully at first, before softening up a bit and pulling away. "I can handle anything kid," he said softly, feeling a bit of heat rush to his cheeks before he stepped away.