Rose's thorns

"Tornado, it's when hot air mixes with cold and then creates a cyclone that touches the ground and sucks up and throws whatever it touches," Kyuhyun explained he was anxious to move out of the clearing.

"The clouds are turning darker and darker and more thick as time passes, there's a thin layer of white clouds above the stormclouds, the clouds are quite cold. I did fly through them and the moisture is still kind of clinging to me." he said as some drips of water rolled down his fore head into his eyes. He glanced at the grumpy Basilisk and felt bad for it. All it wanted to do was sleep and heal but the storm that was coming gave them no choice.

"Sounds like a mess. Thankfully everything stays on the ground here...sort of. Different storm, different case." He stretched his hands above his head, walking a bit faster than before. The basilisk behind him only grunted, watching the man pick up his pace. He growled, flicking his tail before trotting up to the mans side.

Shiki listened to what Kyuhyun had to say, looking the boy over on his comment about the moisture. "Great, more taking care of you." Shiki teased, chuckling a bit as he rolled his eyes. He thought over everything the boy said, trying to guess what type of storm was coming their way. He thought it over in the silence as they walked on. "Are we close?" He was growing a bit impatient, wanting to get under some cover and start a fire for his new beast.

"Yeah we're almost there, it just over this ridge," he said pointing. He walked up and over seeing the cave set in a face of rock. Sliding down the from Artemis' back he shook the water droplets from his hair and face while walking into the cave. It was a relatively dry cave and plants were scattered her and there. A few moments after him the Griffin trotted in and laid down against the wall. Kyuhyun stood against the wall and shook himself off much like a dog.

About a minute he realized he was dry as he was going to get for the moment and hoped he didn't get sick from this. Who know's what kind of pathogens are in this world'd air? He didn't even have a strong immune system to begin with. Back at home he would be constantly in and out of the hospital for various things. There was a lot of pain and a lot of sickness back home and if he didn't get warm soon that would be happening here too.

Shiki stopped, watching Kyuhyun and Artemis before turning to face the sloth like creature behind him. "Come on, you can do it." He waited, watching the basilisk slowly make its way up and over, trudging into the cave slowly. His instincts were keen, already knowing of the coming storm as he laid near the large bird to share it's warmth. He grunted, resting his head on his claws as he curled up a bit against the entrance of the cave.

Shiki smiled as he followed behind the beast, patting him lightly as he walked around him and prepared a fire in the center of the two large beast. After a few tries, Shiki got the flames to come to life, mumbling to himself how he wish he'd found a dragon lying about somewhere. Seeing as he hadn't he held his hands out to the flames, content with his work as he took a seat against the basilisk to watch Kyuhyun. "Come here kid," he said with a sigh.

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Hyun gave a smile as he saw Havoc walk over to the griffin. Artemis only looked up for for a moment before using her wing to cover up her eyes. When he was summoned he gave the bird a pat before heading to Shiki. He say beside the other sitting as close as he could to exchange body heat. Kyuhyun held his hand out towards the fire warming them up.

Cold air began to seep into the cave and the wind picked up outside causing a loud whistling noise. He covered his ears for a little bit, annoyed at the sound. He hated storms and wind and he always did. Both were too distructive of forces and now that he was stuck in a cave in an odd world with a storm that is most likely worse than a tornado was moving. Well to say the least he was afraid. All he wanted to do at that moment was go home to his house and drink hot cocoa after a hot shower.[/FONT]

Shiki sighed, wrapping his arm around the boy and pulling him close. Besides the cold air, and the loss of his visual on things, another reason he hated storms was the fact that he had to touch another person to keep warm. Closing his eyes, he leaned back against the basilisk, taking a few deep breaths. The cold air filled his lungs, making him shiver a bit before exhaling once more.

"I'm not sure what tornadoes are like, but here this kind of storm freezes everything. I don't know what its called, I just call it a frost storm. But either way, the water starts off as water in the beginning and as it gets caught in the wind it freezes and practically impales anything and everything in it's path. Like little ice daggers," He chuckled to himself at the thought, peeking up at the stone covering above them. "Anything that's wet freezes instantly. It's pretty cool to watch actually, just terrifying to get caught up in." Shrugging a bit, he pulled Kyuhyun a bit closer to him, getting another chill from the cold winds.

"Of course, I could be wrong and this could be a simple wind storm." Sticking his hand into the air, he felt the wind rush through his fingers, catching an idea of the temperatures. "Which from the seems of it, it probably is." He shrugged again, pulling his hand close to him. His fingers almost numb from how long he let the wind rush through them.

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow when Shiki pulled him close but didn't say anything. He cuddled close to Shiki trying to get as much body heat as he could from the other boy. He felt the scales of the basilisk on his back and shuddered at the coldness of them. "Tornadoes destroy everything they pass by and come in varying degrees. The largest and most dangerous is a category F5 and they can destroy a town like we passed through, in minutes," he explained.

"I do hope you are right, I don't want to die," Kyuhyun said dramatically pulling a small pose before turning serious. He felt the shivers that ran through Shiki and wondered way he was having such a hard time resisting the wind when Kyuhyun felt fine for the moment. Shrugging he pull Shiki in between his legs and covered the other's back with his chest giving him a greater surface area of heat. "Hope this isn't too awkward for you," he said with a slight blush and hoped Shiki wouldn't see it.

"Please kid, you're with me. The only way anything will happen to you is if I'm the one that does it." He smiled softly at the boy, watching the flames flicker from the wind. For a moment, he just watched the flames, unaware of the boy moving around him. He let out a sigh of relief, feeling the warmth on his back. Closing his eyes and resting against the boy, he let himself relax.

"It's fine," he said softly, moving closer to Kyuhyun without thinking. As the wind blew harder around them, the basilisk grunted, turning its head to face the flames. One of it's eyes open and on the boys, snorting at Shiki. "Shut up you," Shiki grunted back, taking a deep breath.

"Why so defensive against the serpent?" Kyuhyun asked with a small smirk and poked Shiki's ribs "And how are you so sure that nothing will happen to me with you around?"

The korean watched as the griffin got up and moved it's way to lay beside the duo shielding them even more of the wind. She stretched her wings wide using one of them to cover the basilisk and the other to cover her face again. Kyuhyun reached out a hand and gave a small pat to her before returning to his original position.

Shiki swatted at Kyuhyun's hand, glaring up at him. "I'm defensive against everyone." Holding his glare a few seconds longer, he turned away, closing his eyes again. "I swear you are the biggest pain in the ass ever. Once you get past a person's touching barrier you just have to interrogate a person." Sighing, Shiki looked back up at Kyuhyun, staring at him as though he'd never seen a person before.

"Why would I not be sure about that kid," he started before relaxing against the boy again. "Do you really think I got these two animals for no reason." Again he closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. "I'll never let anyone or anything hurt you," he began to trail off, as he remembered saying the same thing to Rose. "At least not on purpose," he chuckled, trying to keep his mind straight.

"Ahh whatever just forget I said anything," Kyuhyun said brushing him off. He manipulated Shiki a little bit getting more comfortable "I think, it's time to sleep," he smiled a little and did one last shift before resting his head back on Havoc watching the fire burn out and hearing the wind picking up even more speed. He sighed rubbing the bridge of his nose. The human was developing a headache from the sound and his broken rib started to hurt again. He couldn't really do anything about it either, he had the medicine pouch in front of him which Shiki was currently lying on.

He tried his best to ignore the wind and began to drift off falling in a state where he was sleeping but still aware enough to feel and hear what's going on even if it didn't show.

Shiki was silent after that, listening to the wind howling around them and rushing through the cave. He opened his eyes and stared at the scales of the basilisk, watching them as they seemed to bounce about from the light of the fire. Looking down at his chest, he noticed a faint glow, and he sat up, pushing off of Kyuhyun gently. Smiling softly, he watched the flame blow out, the smell feeling the air.

The darkness only lasted a few seconds, fading away as Shiki's tattoo's began to get brighter. Mumbling to himself, he stood to his feet and patted the basilisk. His way of telling the creature he'd be back. Brushing himself off, he began to walk further back into the cave, hoping to find it's base, or another exit. The glow of his tattoo's gave him enough light to work with, his eyes brightening up and adjusting to the darkness as well. He slowly descended deeper into the cave, the howling wind slowly fading from ear shot.

When Shiki got up and left Artemis coo'd looking at him as if to say "Come back". The cooing knock Kyuhyun out of his odd half state and looked around with one question in his mind 'Where was Shiki?'. He looked around the cave. He was confused to say the least. Why would Shiki just get up and walk away? Kyuhyun didn't know what he should do so he just sat there waiting for him.

Shiki simply walked on through the darkness. Examining the walls of the cave as he did so. He quickly began to grow bored, finding nothing, and seeing no signs that anything had trudged through the cave in a long time. He let out a grunt of irritation, leaning against the wall for a short moment. A rush of wind brushed past him, giving him a small chill.

He looked back toward the entrance. Knowing if the wind was strong enough to give him the chills this far back in the cave, it must have been freezing upon impact. Shrugging, he began walking again, noticing a small bit of light ahead. Another mouth to the cave posted itself up on the edge of the mountain. Shiki peered out, the world dark. A small town caught his attention not to far off, a few lights on. Nodding his head, he made his way back to their small slumber party at the other end of the cave.

When Kyuhyun heard footsteps he leaned back. It was about half an hour since Shiki went off on his little exploration. Kyuhyun sat there worried. Was it actually Shiki or was it someone else in the tunnel? Suddenly afraid he kept a grip on his dagger's hilt ready to draw if there was any danger. Slowly the glow of shiki's tattoos came into view and he sigh releasing the ornate hilt.

Kyuhyyn relaxed back on the basilisk until he saw Shiki in the corner of his eye. He turned and got up to walk to the other with a frown. "You're going to freeze to death!" Kyuhyun said in a lecturing tone before wrapping his arms around the older one of the two. It was interesting how natural this felt when it took him a month in order to talk to Rose. He sighed Thinking about rose, where was she, who took her and why were floating around his head.

He noticed the group not to far off, sighing softly as he grew nearer. He watched the boy get up from his spot, listening to his footsteps as he got closer. Chuckling at the boys comment, he put his arm around his shoulder. "Really kid. I can take a lot more in this form." Laughing, he continued on back to his original spot. Pulling Kyuhyun down between his legs.

He relaxed against the basilisk, a fleeting feeling of boredom before looking over at Kyuhyun again. His head was turned to the side as he examined the boy, before the feeling of boredom rushed over him again. Night time was always a more active time for him, so being trapped in a cave was something he'd never thought would happen. Originally, if it were just him, he would have left and kept on in the storm. Chuckling to himself, he thought of a comment the boy made earlier.

With a sinister grin, he wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun's waist, pulling him close to him. His demanding ways, mixed with the sinister idea's of the demon showing as he held on to Kyuhyun. "You asked earlier, if anything made me uncomfortable. So now I want to know if there's anything that makes you uncomfortable. Seeing as you're normally all touchy feely."

"Now why in my right mind would I tell you that?" Kyuhyun said in a mock tone of Shiki's voice which was pretty accurate although he was blushing lightly. He pulled himself together and turned around so he was now facing Shiki with a poker face. "Do your worst," he challenged crossing his arms his face breaking out into a smirk.

Shiki chuckled at Kyuhyun's representation of himself, grinning at the boy as he turned to face him. "Oh, you wouldn't want that. Not right now." Chuckling again, Shiki leaned back a bit, keeping his attention on the boy for the next few seconds. The loud screech the wind made as it passed through a small pocket opening caught his attention, causing him to finally look away.

Peeking at the boy through the corner of his eye, he recalled the last nights he'd been stuck with the fragile human. He smiled a bit, amazed on how he'd so easily found himself sitting and holding an actual conversation with the boy, let alone touching him in any way. "You're kinda cute for a human," he finally spoke, turning to face the boy fully. He grabbed the boys chin, tilting his head up a bit as he looked the boy over.

Kyuhyun flinched a little at the high shriek of the wind as it picked up again but got used to it quickly. He sighed a little shaking his head trying to get to ringing in his ears to stop. "You're kinda cute for a human" Kyuhyun heard and he smiled before his face was pulled up a bit. He stared into Shiki's eyes and said "You know, for some one who's injured me a couple of times I can't help but think you're handsome,"

Kyuhyun allowed his face to be manipulated as he looked at Shiki in the soft glow of said's tattoos.

Chuckling, he shrugged. "Of course I am. Far beyond handsome actually." Grinning as he spoke arrogantly of himself. He released the boys face before relaxing against the basilisk once again. For the next passing moments, he simply looked the boy over. Feeling the basilisk tremble a bit behind him, he got to his feet, deciding to start a fire again.

Once the flames were going, he rested against the wall. Crossing his arms and perching himself up comfortably a ways away from the small group. He closed his eyes and thought calmly to himself. Hoping to keep from making any rash decisions he may regret later. Finally he peeked over toward the entrance of the cave. Watching the wind rushing roughly through the tree's further beyond.