Rose's thorns

Artemis landed infront of the clinic in the town and screeched trying to the get the doctor's attention. It took a couple of minutes but then the doctor came out of the clinic and she bowed to him in a motion that said get on. Confused the man approached her and slipped onto her back just before she took off. The flew for a few minutes until Artemis found the group and landed beside Kyuhyun.

While Artemis was gone he followed them to the stream of water and stood watching them. It was insane to approach the beast at this moment. He watched bouncing on his heels trying to decide if he should help or not. Making up his mind he slowly walked over to them until he was right beside the two. It was quite cold, and in a weakened state even Shiki would get hypothermia if he stayed in the water for too long. Looking up he spoke softly "Havoc, it's too cold take him out please," he gave the basilisk a pleading look before walking out of the water and flopping down on the bank.

When Artemis arrived Kyuhyun was relieved but the doctor wasn't going to be much use if they can't get Shiki out of the water. He looked up seeing one of the lion legs and sighed. "I can't reason with the bloody creature, you try Artemis," he said shaking his head and looking at the pair in the water.

"Fascinating," the Doctor said adjusting his clothes and looking at the pair as well. "I've never seen a basilisk act like that, normally they prize solitude."

Snorting his response to the boys request, Havoc closed his eyes. Having no intention to move until Shiki seemed like he was ready to leave. Peeking at the group with one eye, he turned away. Almost in a complete ball now, the man still relaxing in the water beside him. Havoc seemed tired as well, hoping Shiki would get back to his normal self before the sun came up. Though the only time the demon stirred was if he'd gotten a chill or was trying to force himself up.

His body still ached as he finally opened his eyes, staring up at the stars. The yellow tint was slowly returning to his eyes. The demon inside of him finally beginning to recover from being almost entirely drained. Of course he still wasn't fully aware of where they were, he just knew the sound of a rather unfamiliar voice was speaking behind him.

The basilisk sat up, growling at the doctor. After the last situation with a stranger, the beast had no interest in new people. Shiki hadn't fully recovered yet, and he had no idea who this man was. He bared his fangs, letting out a hiss at the man.

"Ahh, basilisk I mean no harm to you or your master," the doctor started "I'm just here to look at his internal bleeding and then leave, the lad beside me can deal with everything else" he wasn't really frightened, stranger creatures with masters have come in and nearly attacked him numerous times so he became indifferent to them growling.

Kyuhyun only raised an eyebrow and stared at Shiki in the reptile's tail. 'Stubborn bastards' he thought shaking his head. Artemis laid down beside Kyuhyun. The Korean noticed how cold he was and all but buried himself in the griffins feathers and fur to regain heat. She ruffled a bit and stared at Havoc before conveying "Stop being so protective, Shiki does need help he's not going to heal completely the sun is going to rise soon,"

Havoc snorted at the bird, laying his head down once more. "Protective? This coming from the large beast that won't even leave such a pathetic human alone for more than a few seconds." The basilisk slowly stood to his feet, his tail still laying on the banks behind Shiki's neck. "At least my Master can take care of himself without me in a battle. I'm sure he's well without the help of a stranger as well." With another snort at the bird, he nudged his way under Shiki's arm. Hoisting him up onto his back once more.

With a grunt, Shiki forced himself up. Glaring down at the beast. "Havoc you're beginning to work my nerves." He felt his body tighten as the pain rushed through his body. Trembling, he rested against the large beast once again. The water dripping from his body and running down the course of the beast scales. Taking a few short breaths, he sat up, only slightly, once more. "Look kid, if you're so worried then you, just you, can come along. Havoc and Arte can stay behind. I don't need the drama these two are dishin out."

Artemis only squawked at the basilisk before leaving the argument at that. Kyuhyun watched as the basilisk stood up cringing as Havoc pushed Shiki up onto his back. He didn't really want Shiki to be moved more than necessary but it seemed because of the Basilisk's mistrust Shiki would be continued to be moved around. He sighed and watched as Shiki force himself up and cringed as he fell against the beast. With Shiki's permission he walked out to the pair and looked up to Shiki looking for visible damage.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked not wanting to touch the beast in fear of being crushed which was very likely. "And I'm sorry that you're caught in all this drama, it wouldn't happen if Havoc would just let us stitch you up and leave you be, not to put blame on him or anything" he said shaking his head. The doctor watched on with interest as the beasts interacted and their masters as well. He's never seen a more dysfunctional group before.

Havoc hissed at the boy, bearing his fangs as he listened to him speak. "I don't need stitch's. Why is that so hard for you to understand?" With a sigh, the man forced himself straight up. Giving no sign, nor any trace to the fact that he was still in so much pain. Instead he grabbed the boys arm, Havoc kneeling down a bit, and pulled him up on the beast. Shooting one last glare at the two that remained where he'd last seen them, the large lizard took off. Following the stream as far as it seemed to go.

Shiki held a straight face. Though every move the basilisk made sent pain shooting throughout his entire body. Instead he glanced over his shoulder at Kyuhyun every so often. The rush of wind stung as it pushed against his soaked skin. His skin was icy cold as he stroked the scales that gleamed in the moonlight. Seemingly ignoring Kyuhyun as he sat behind him.

Havoc finally slowed his pace down, trekking up a small hillside. A small cave came into view, as it seemed to be Shiki's favorite hiding place as he traveled. And finally, turning back to Kyuhyun he wrapped his cold arm around the boys waist and pulled him down alongside him as they slid off Havoc's back. Who, now, walked cautiously toward the cave, disappearing into the mass of darkness only a few feet in. As Shiki pushed away from Kyuhyun, he brushed himself off. Blood still oozing from a few of his wounds, trailing down his sides. With a blank expression he pushed himself forward. Growing rather tired of the sympathetic look Kyuhyun seemed to be forever giving him that night.

Havoc soon appeared once more, nodding to Shiki and Kyuhyun before taking off once more. Keeping to Shiki's word as the beast returned to their original location by the water. Shiki, finally entering the cave, slid down a wall. Sitting on the cold floor as he fight back an overpowering urge to cringe in pain.

"Because I'm human," He said grudgingly as he grabbed Shiki's arm and helped pull himself up onto Havoc's back. He waved to Artemis who rolled his bird eyes and knelt to take the doctor home. She flew back to the original resting place not knowing where the trio went.

Kyuhyun stayed relatively in place but didn't let go of Shiki's arm. He couldn't help but notice that Shiki was freezing cold. He felt the need to wrap the demon in his arms but knew that would most likely earn him a smack at least. The wind brushed through his hair until they stopped by a small cave.

He slid down with Shiki with ease and walked a bit of the way with him until Shiki broke off. Kyuhyun grabbed some dry wood and kindle figuring they could start a fire. The Korean went in the cave a little after Shiki and sat down across from him arranging the wood and kindle. As Kyuhyun looked through the bag he grabbed a match and used it to start the fire. Kyuhyun scooted around the fire to sit by the bloodied cold demon and wrapped his arm around Shiki.

"You're awfully cold you know?" he said breaking the silence.

Resting against the cold rock behind him, Shiki watched Kyuhyun. Watching the flames as they roared to life, providing him with almost no comfort. Instead, he simply watched the flames bounce about across the wood. Caught in a trance by the fire, he barely noticed Kyuhyun beside him. Until he felt the warmth of the boys touch.

With a small sigh, he relaxed against Kyuhyun. Finally feeling comfortable letting his guard down a bit. With no doctor, and hopefully no threat to be stitched up or something of that sort. He practically nuzzled into Kyuhyun's grip, seeming a bit like a frightened child. He soaked up the silence, only the sound of the cackling fire echoing through his mind. He got so into the sound of the fire that he almost didn't hear Kyuhyun. Staying quiet some time after the boys comment before realizing that he even spoke at all.

"My demon is weak, and I'm pretty much dead." Letting out a soft chuckle, he forced the boy down. Laying comfortably on his chest. Still clinging to the warmth Kyuhyun seemed to be forever offering. "If I was scolding hot I'd think it'd seem like something was wrong." As he spoke this, his tattoo's seemed to move down the length of his body once more. The glow as dull as before, but still remaining as the moon remained up in the sky.

When Shiki nuzzled in Kyuhyun the later smiled and wrapped his arms around tighter. The question was asked a kyuhyun was a little scared that the demon passed out or died until he answered. Kyuhyun lied down easily as he was pushed an moved a bit to accommodate Shiki's weight and the floor digging into him.
"It was a stupid move y'know taking on that monster in it's own realm. You worried me," He sighed burying is face in to the boys hair. he didn't notice the tattoo and sighed with his eyes closed. "But i'm glad you made it out mostly intact,"

"Because I most defiantly knew I'd be dragged into a totally different realm that would slowly drain my life and powers away." He chuckled sarcastically, relaxing into the boy's chest. At this moment his energy was slowly beginning to come back. The demon inside of him almost entirely healed, though his actual body was still weak and frail. With the power of the demon returning though, his tolerance of the pain was through the roof. He was sure that he could play in the flames once more and feel nothing but a needed warmth.

"I don't see why you're worried though little Kyu. I'll never lose." He found his way into the boys neck, licking lightly at his collar bone as he rested atop him. "Shall we continue our game from the other night," Shiki teased. The sun now breaking over the the tops of the mountains.

"You knew it was extremely dangerous going into that cloud," Kyuhyun pointed out. He lifted his head to look down at Shiki and raised an eyebrow. "I will always be worrying because that's what I did, and that's what I still do" he sighed and pursed his lips. He was tired and wanted to sleep after a night of staying up. "Don't mean to just do" he shrugged.

Kyuhyun's breath hitched at the licks "You're too stubborn to lose aren't you." he said tipping his head back "And I don't see why we couldn't continue."

Shiki grinned, sitting up a bit more atop the boy. "It's got nothing to do with being stubborn little Kyu. I just don't lose." He looked down at Kyuhyun, rather curious of what he was thinking. As he had so much running through his own mind. Though he was toying with the boy, teasing him as he always did. His mind was worried about Rose. Being so close to actually losing this once almost worried him more than need be. Refusing to show it he leaned back over Kyuhyun, resting his hand against the ground beside the boys head to support himself.

"You liar. You're still human, you'll fall asleep before I get to have any real fun." Shiki teased softly, laying back against the boys chest. Not that he stayed still for long, turning his head to look at the fire, then finally he sat up once again.

(Sorry took me so long, I'm insanely busy right now, but it'll calm down for next week hopefully)

"You nearly lost and that's enough to make me worry" Kyuhyun huffed as he looked up and frowned at the demon. He did little nervous ticks such as playing with Shiki's hair. Kyuhyun's stress level rises each time he leaves the presence of Shiki. It's a time where he thought about Rose. Rose and what could be happening. Rose and Shiki. Shiki dying because he wasn't careful. Rose dying because she was tortured. Rose and Shiki leaving him on his own. He doesn't like being alone and it would only be made worse if it was the two people he drew close to left him for eachother.

He yawned and realized how tired he was. Thoughts weighed on his mind heavily and he began to drift off only waking whenever Shiki moved.

((It's fine. I've been busy lately too))

With a soft sigh, Shiki crawled off the boy. Resting against the rock surface of the wall before he quickly grew bored. He knew he needed rest, but chose to ignore it. Feeling if he ever gave himself a chance at rest, it'd be days before he woke. Sighing softly, he brushed a strand of hair out of Kyuhyun's face as he watched him sleep. The boy was far to worried, and always seemed to be stressing himself out. Not that Shiki was much different, only seeming to show it differently.

With a soft sigh, he stood to his feet. The demon inside him seemed to be wavering in and out. Even his strength not fully replenished. Growling to himself, he slipped out of the cave as quietly as possible. Feeling the pain shooting through his body once again. Gritting his teeth, he walked on anyway. Until he and the demon were fully healed, this would be an on and off venture for him. One he decided he wouldn't let get in his way. After a short time, he found himself in the middle of the grassy valley. Having no choice but to take a seat and relax. Kyuhyun was sleeping, and once the boy woke he'd probably be worried if Shiki was too far. Laying back, he stared up at the clouds that had now appeared in the sky. Only hoping for a storm to block out the sun.

Soon he found himself drifting to sleep. The sun lighting him up, and drying him off as he began to finally rest. Sitting inside his own mind, and having no choice but to confront the demon that stood alone in the shallow depths.

Kyuhyun dreamed. He dreamed of a life where nothing was wrong. A life were he wouldn't be hurt by anyone. Physically, mentally and emotionally. He smiled in his dream life and walked around. He walked with his family before developing dream friends. Two faces in those friends were constant. Shiki and Rose. The dream warped into a harsh reality. He woke up and sighed.

He turned his head looking for his demonic companion. Alarmed when he didn't find Shiki in the cave he stood up and walked out to search for him. Kyuhyun frowned and made his way down the rocks and onto the grassland. He didn't have to search for long and found Shiki in the grass with his eyes. He didn't step any closer and sat down in the grass. He simply watched him. Kyuhyun hoped that Shiki didn't hear him, he deserved his rest no matter how brief it was because the other was too stubborn to take a day off.

Shiki let out a sigh, listening to the echo it seemed to create. He couldn't move, the pain keeping him still as he stared out into the darkness. Even his own mind resembled him. Empty and shallow, nothing but darkness in it's depths. The bright blue eyes seemed to be seeking the man out, locking on him as they looked him over. Shiki let out a soft growl, staring out onto the eyes that so intently stared him down. Soon the rest of the face came into view. Sharp teeth turned up at the corners into a sadistic smile, the glowing markings trailing it's entire body.

"Mmmm, look who's human after all," the demonic voice echoed throughout the darkness, stepping toward Shiki. Licking his lips, the demon kneeled before the boy. The grin never leaving his face as he stared him down.

"I'm no human," Shiki almost barked back. Clinching as he felt the pain rush through his body. He glared at the demon before him, uninterested in the games he was bound to play. Confronting the demon was never much of his interest, and as he slept, he never dreamed. Only got himself trapped in a long pointless mocking fest with the demon.

"Well look at you," He poked at the fragile man's chest, chuckling as he stood to his feet once more. "What can I do with such a pathetic body. Strong willed, but you're still as fragile as a human. It's pathetic and highly unattractive."

"Oh shut up Iblis. You haven't even returned to your full potential. Note the reason my body is still in such a pathetic state. If it wasn't for me you wouldn't have survived much longer in that place. Not all of the power you have is yours." Shiki forced himself to his feet, imagining the world that he'd allowed himself to fall asleep in. The sun, the open field. Scoffing at the thought, he rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. Assuming Kyuhyun was still asleep, which is why he was as well.

"Power? Don't address me as if you own me," Iblis, the demon, snarled at him.

"But don't I. I'm sure that's why you're covered in the same marking that I have, from head to toe."

Kyuhyun watched Shiki for awhile and whistled out a tune to quell his boredom. Boredom finally getting to him he stands up and slowly shuffles to Shiki and sit beside him waiting and watching the sun rise completely. He vaguely wondered what the demon dreamed about and what Rose was doing. He shook his head trying to get the thoughts out and relaxed with a small smile staring at the colours the sun was making.

(I know i've been AWOL for a while and this is a crappy reply I'm sorry)