Rose's thorns

Kyuhyun shrugged and sat beside the fire half naked. He ate the rest of the fish before burning the remains and putting out the fire with the lake water. When he looked over the Griffin finished up her food looking happy with a belly full. He laughed fondly as the creature bounded around before finding a nice spot to lay. Kyuhyun was now dry.

He went where he left his clothes and put them on not minding they were slightly damp still. Kyuhyun had energy but wasn't to concerned with it, thinking it would be better if he didn't use it all figuring they were traveling by nights. Kyuhyun sat beside Shiki again leaning his head on the other's shoulder closing his eyes and sighing contently.

"And there he is, with the touching again," Shiki teased, peeking down at Kyuhyun. Sighing softly, he rested against the creature again. Knowing he'd be spending more than enough time with the boy, he'd have to get use to his touch. There were few he'd gotten use to besides the animals, he still freak's out when his family touches him, and yet he was rather content with Kyuhyun.

"Depending on how Havoc is doing upon nightfall we may or may not be leaving." He shifted himself a bit, moving into a more comfortable position with the boy resting against him. "Just, try not to piss me off again. I don't like giving up so much control."

"You know if you didn't like it you would have shoved me off a long time ago" Kyuhyun teased back sticking his pink tongue out slightly before retracting it. "And I don't mind staying a night, I'm still injured and everything and last night didn't exactly help,"

Kyuhyun hasn't looked at the wound yet to see how big it was and if it would become infected anytime soon. He shrugged a little bit not really worrying reasoning that he cleaned the wound when he took a dip in the water. "And I don't intentionally piss you off,"

"I don't have the energy to beat you up more," Shiki said with a slight yawn. Though physically his body was fine, having no hardships in moving or fighting. Magic being a use of mentality though, he was entirely worn out. With a sigh, he laid his head against Kyuhyun's, taking in the boy's warmth. Letting himself relax for a bit, he tried to keep from falling asleep once again. Knowing once nightfall came he'd be filled with energy that was more than likely going to go to waste.The basilisk stirred behind them, sniffing at the dead animal that still laid before it. Shiki only peeked out of the corner of his eye, to comfortable to turn and look the other way. Havoc took small bites out of the beast, letting the meat grind between his teeth before swallowing. As Shiki closed his eyes again, he listened to the beast eat at it's small meal."I find that rather hard to believe." Shiki knudged up against the boy, keeping his eyes closed as he tried to rest a bit. "If someone wasn't trying to piss a person off, they'd listen for starters, and I wouldn't be in this position with you leaning against me." He smirked, pinning the blame of his comfort all on Kyuhyun, just to give him a way to tease the boy.

"It wasn't my fault I was following your orders but Artemis doesn't like me being alone," He said peaking from the top corner of his eye "Maybe it's good when you're worn out, less grouchy," he said laughing a bit cringing when it moved his ribs too much. Kyuhyun looked at the creatures and how now Artemis flew up in the air occasionally letting out a call. He smiled bringing his hands to his face making a bird call similar to Artemis' with them. He was happy to be blessed with such a nice energetic creature in this world.

Scoffing, Shiki rolled his eyes, turning away from the boy again. He watched the basilisk for a moment, slowly eating it's food before eventually falling back asleep. For a moment he still continued to watch the large lizard, listening to his breathing again as he let the silence settle for a moment. It had currently occurred to him how much he was talking, and how much he'd preferred not to.

A deep breath relaxed Shiki enough to close his eyes once again, seeking comfort. Wanting to avoid further talking, he wondered back into the secluded place that was his mind. Thinking over what'd he'd began to blank out. He still had little to no information on Rose's where about's, and no idea who had taken her. Running over the list of possibilities, he'd decided that visiting a friend some time soon would suit them best. Giving a real general idea of where to look.

Kyuhyun got up when Shiki removed himself. He needed to stretch and felt like exploring the area more. Walking to the far end of the clearing her knelt down looking at a flower he's never seen before. He studied the flora humming to himself absently. Plucking a leaf from the stem and sat up properly and looked at it closely. It seem like a real flower. Truthfully Kyuhyun still questions if this is just one giant dream before frowning. He turned to Shiki and said "I think I've been dreaming this whole time, I've never felt so comfortable in my life, I don't think there is anyway to prove this isn't some insane lucid dream."

Shiki knocked his head against the side of the basilisk lightly, realizing he had no idea where their general location was. He relaxed into the small bit of silence, watching Kyuhyun out of one eye. He didn't move, but he felt the warmth from his shoulder disappear, shocking him a bit. His eyebrow twitched, looking at the boy strangely as he examined the flower.

He sat up straight, running his hand through his hair, brushing a few strands out of his face. "What?" With a sigh he got to his feet, stretching a bit before taking a few steps toward Kyuhyun. "You need proof that this isn't a dream, or that it is. Either way it works, you don't have any proof for either." Peering over the boys shoulder, he examined the flower.

Kyuhyun sighed figuring Shiki was right. He twirled the leaf in his hands studying the colour, shape and texture, moving over so Shiki could see the flower better. The korean felt the other's presence behind him emitting a wave of heat that always seemed to make him even more relaxed. He leaned back a bit and looked up at Shiki through his thick eyelashes tugging on his shirt to sit beside him. "If this is a dream I'm going to try and will something to happen, that's usually what happens in Lucid dreams," Kyuhyun said before closing his eyes humming in thought before wishing to heal the injured Basilisk.

The teen felt a slight tingling in his fingers before opening his eye, curious as to what's making them feel like he rolled them around eachother as the tingling subsided. He looked up at Shiki's face "Did anything touch me?" he asked

"Terribly strange." Shiki mumbled under his breath, adding a few odd comments as he took a seat next to the boy. His attention held to the flower, it's bright blue a bit enticing as he tried to remember his geography lessons. "Why does it matter if it's a dream or not Kyuhyun, just leave it.." He paused as he notice Kyuhyun doing whatever it was he was doing.

While the boy was silent, the image of the flower popped into Shiki's memory. He stifled back a bit of laughter, covering his mouth to hide his smile as Kyuhyun questioned him. "The flower touched you. It's a Blue Ludo flower. It drains your blood, like uh..." he paused trying to think of some of the creatures from the human world Rose had told him about. "Oh, a leech. Only it's a flower, draws people in because it's just so damn pretty."

Chuckling, he held his hand over the flower, squeezing tightly, driving his nails into his flesh. A bit of blood began to trickle from his hand into the flower, it's bright blue center slowly turning red as it soaked up the blood. "They need moonlight and blood to survive. So they're normally in areas that a large battle took place or something."

"How is a plant able to even act like a leach? I hardly touched it only the leaf to pluck it off," He said waving the leaf in Shiki's face with a small frown. This place was so weird. He didn't understand most of the things that are around them and he just wanted to spend his life trying to decipher the mysteries of this world. It seemingly like he had all the time in the universe to study plants and animals. Seeing the blood Kyuhyun pulled Shiki's hand back looking at the crescent shaped cuts in his palm.

He wiped away the blood with his t-shirt looking at them better. The cuts weren't too deep and Shiki wasn't pained from them. Kyuhyun only wished he was able to resist pain like that one day.

"Just because you take away the leaf doesn't mean it stops what it's originally meant to do. Dig a hole, bury the leaf and a new one will pop up. Some time tonight I'd assume." He smiled softly at Kyuhyun, patting the boys head, "no matter what you do you'll never understand this place. I've been here all my life and I still don't know all there is to know."

He watched the boy wipe away the blood that had settled in the center of his palm, squeezing his fist a few times to make sure the cuts didn't effect him in anyway. Getting back to his feet, he dusted himself off before making his way back to the basilisk. He didn't touch the beast, just looked him over. Examining the wounds and how well they were healing. Of course, there hadn't been nearly enough time for any of them to honestly close, but they looked better now than they did earlier.

Kyuhyun blushed lightly when Shiki turned away from him. He dug a small hole in the ground placing the leaf inside. He place dirt back on top and stood up stretching. He slowly walked to Shiki's side smiling "He looks a lot better right now," he said slinging an arm around the other's shoulders. He have the Basilisk a once every while leaning in to look at wounds closer.

Once finished kyuhyun have Shiki a smirk leaning into Shiki's shoulder. "You don't seem to mind my prescience of touch at all, I wonder how much I could get away with it"

With a sigh, Shiki closed his eyes and tilted his head back. The sun light still came through his closed eyelids, making spots as he opened his eyes to look forward again. "Of course. I wouldn't have wasted my time on him if he was to be weak." As he spoke, he stared down at the boys arm. Rolling his eyes at the boys comfort with touching others and all such things. He let out a scoff, taking a deep breath only seconds after.

"You annoy me, and you touch to much." He was blunt as he spoke, crossing his arms and closing his eyes. At the moment his hope was to avoid eye contact with the boy, seeing as they were getting a little to comfortable around one another. Shiki peeked anyway, looking down at the fragile human with one eye. "I'm getting use to it though. You'll be around for a while, so what choice do I have. Can't kill you yet," he said with a small grin playing across his face.

Kyuhyun allowed his arm to drop down to the other's waist and whispered in Shiki's ear "Does this make you uncomfortable?" his lips brushing the other's ear shell. He pulled away with a smirk before placing a soft hand on Havoc's scales. His expression softened to one of concern. He just put his hand there, not doing anything just feeling the beast breathing.

He pulled his hand back turning his head to give Shiki a light smile saying "His breathing is deeper and more at ease," Kyuhyun was happy here with Shiki beside him. In fact he was almost so happy and content he completely forgot about Rose and her kidnapper for the moment.

Shiki only peered down at the boy, entirely unaffected. "You're close," he whispered back before dusting himself off. Chills ran through his body as he felt the boys touch, though he held fast to his unchanging nature, just glancing over the boy. He watched him for a moment, his arms still crossed as he slouched over a bit. As he noticed Kyuhyun's attention on Havoc he rubbed his temples, making an odd face and shaking his head. After a deep breath, he went back to his calm nature, arms crossed, pride stuffed behind his eyes as if whatever he just did didn't happen.

"He'll be fine, but we'll probably be here another night. I won't push him if he can't handle it." Shiki turned around, pacing slowly back to the edge of the water, taking a seat at the banks. He looked up, watching the clouds float slowly pass, the suns rays reflecting off of them. He sighed, falling back onto the ground behind him with a thud. His eyes were closed as he exhaled, sticking his tongue out.

"What could possibly make you uncomfortable?" He asked walking to the centre of the clearing. He looked at the blue flower again, narrowing his eyes. 'Evil bloodsucking flower' he thought staring at it. He was trying to ignore the small feeling that shot through him. He's not supposed feel that way, he has a girlfriend and not to mention Shiki probably hated him and only stuck by him because of Rose.

Kyuhyun smiled as the energetic griffin landed beside him ruffling her feathers. Artemis nuzzled up against him tired of flying around for now and taking a break. The korean patted her beak sending her off as she trotted over to Shiki nudging him as well. Laughing Kyuhyun said "I have no problem with being here again,"

"Why, in my right mind, would I even answer that question?" He licked his lip lightly, feeling the heat of the sun baring down on him. After some time he let out a sigh of boredom, covering his eyes. Looking up, he examined the small marks on his hand, thinking of what could be done for the time they had left before they'd be leaving again.

He heard the large bird making her way over to him, and he only scoffed as she came into view. "You're fine bird," he said with a sigh, closing his eyes again. "I'm sure you don't, but I'm bored. I don't have anything to do. I'm tired of looking at nature." Shiki growled, knocking his head against the grass. Slowly letting himself relax more around the boy as he pouted a bit out of boredom. The look was gone just as fast as it had came though as he noticed the sky's getting darker. Sitting up, assuming it was late in the day, he noticed the large cloud that was simply blocking the sun.

"Great." He got to his feet and ran his hand through his hair, brushing out any dirt that may had clung to his thick strands of hair. "Alright kid, I've got a job for you and the bird." Looking around, he noticed mountains not to far off, "get up above the clouds first, tell me how long the clouds are, and the temperature up there. I'd like to know if it's gonna be a bad storm or just some passing rain or what." Mumbling the last bit, he walked over to the resting beast, patting him on his side.

The beast stirred, grumbling and growling at Shiki as it peeked at him. "We're gonna be moving bud. You can walk, you'll make it." After speaking to the basilisk, he turned back to Kyuhyun, "I know it's going to be a storm, just not sure how bad. So once you're done checking out the cloud and what not, tell me what you find out then find a cave or something on the cliffs over there." He pointed in the direction of the mountains, smiling and nodding to the boy before returning his attention to the basilisk.

Kyuhyun looked up at the clouds and frowned. It was getting unnaturally dark for it being almost the middle of the day. He called Artemis over and hopped onto her back. "You heard the man Artemis, lets go see whats going on up there," he said just before she took a running start to fly up in the sky. A few minutes later he entered the storm clouds.

It was quite cold up there and the wind started to pick up as hot air from the base of the mountain mixed with cold. Frowning he ebbed the down and searched for a near-by cave. There was one about three kilometers towards the of the clearing and he went to alert Shiki. A few minutes later he landed beside Shiki.

"The cold and hot air is mixing, we may have a tornado developing in our midst. There is a cave three kilometers in the direction of the mountains. I suggest we move out very quickly, it's brewing pretty fast" Kyuhyun said with a concerned tone. In his life he was in a tornado once, it nearly devastated the whole town he lived in and they had to move. There was no way he is going to get himself caught up in one again.

"A tor-what," Shiki questioned him, giving Havoc a push so he'd get up. The basilisk growled at him once again, wrapping his tail around Shiki to distract him. It worked for a moment, Shiki watching the beast before giving him another push. Grunting at him, Havoc shuffled to his feet, turning to lick at one of his wounds. "We don't get whatever those are Kid. If anything it's probably worse." Straightening himself out, he began walking, glaring over his shoulder at Havoc, who was readying himself to lay back down. "We're leaving Havoc, unless your wounded ass want's to get caught up in the storm." The basilisk grunted, shuffling behind Shiki as he walked on.

"You said the temperature is mixing right? Was it windy? What were the temperature of the clouds and how much moisture was in them?" He glanced over in Kyuhyun's direction, though continued walking forward. In his mind there was no reason to rush, not till he knew exactly what was going on up in the clouds, and beyond them. "What was it like above the clouds? Sun light, the look and texture of the clouds?" He questioned further, not sure if he'd repeated any of his question, though he wanted to be sure the boy gave him all the details.