Roseguard University for Specialized Humans

• Thread starter sinister-cephalopod
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ava frowned. This could be really serious... She didn't remember anything that would get all of them in trouble... None of her dorm mates were drug dealers (she was pretty sure at least) and it wasn't like they got in excessive amounts of mischief as a whole...

Ava's thoughts were interrupted when the Headmistress entered the room. Something about the way she held herself, in all of her sixty four years of age, commanded attention and obedience.

"Good evening students of Group D boarding house," she smiled, the creases in her cheeks stretching with her polished grin, "I have a little assignment for you all."

The Headmistress moved to the viewing screen and activated it. The screen brought up the school crest before bringing up five images, all seemingly random people.

The Headmistress cleared her throat before speaking, "As you know, this school is designed to train young mutants to become agents for our IDPA program, which requires a close knit team of agents stationed in a town or city in order to regulate and protect mutant and civilian lives. To do this, this school assigns cases to each dorm house when I feel that they are ready. This isn't, of course, well known information, since if it were, students would be scrambling to try and qualify. I believe you are ready to be assigned a case, which is where these poor souls are involved."

"You will be stationed in Roanoke Virginia. We have reason to believe that a small time mutant killer or killing mob is present there, due to the bodies of these five people. Agents Knowles and Morgan were sent to investigate, but they were then killed as well. Before I begin the official briefing, does anyone have questions?"

Ava was stunned... They were going to investigate a possible serial killer or, even worse, a group of serial killers?!

• Love
Reactions: Phi Chisym
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

~*~*~*~* Jackson Schultz *~*~*~*~
17 - Fluid Manipulation; Minor Healing - Corpiphysical

----- Jackson warily turned his attention from Jun to Jacqueline as the assistant spoke. He wouldn't be surprised if the confusion showed on his face by her visit, he was sure it mirrored many of the other Group D students. An opportunity? He thought skeptically, glancing sideways at Jun before following the crowd of students into where Ms. Monroe lead them. Following the lead of the other students yet again, his gaze followed the Headmistress into the room as she strutted in. His confused expression turned to that of a shocked one when the older women told them they would essentially be running after a mass killer. His brown eyes skimmed over the room, taking in the expressions of the other students with this information. He wasn't initially super close with any one specific student besides Gwen - how could he be that of much help to take down this killer? Especially his abilities were nothing to boast about, compared to some of the students he was currently sharing the room with.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by a moderator:
Gwen had placed a party hat on her head before Crow had managed to get to her. Despite her social attitude, she didn't want anyone messing with her facial/head region. Overall, she had enjoyed herself at the party and Jacqueline arrived and she could feel the worry in the air around her and herself. As the group traveled to the head mistress's office, the worry died down and she stuck pretty close to Jax. Her pale hand grabbed one of her brother's hands, a habit she had developed when they were younger. Her blue gaze swept the crowd and she listened intently to what the headmistress was saying.
"People.. like us... are killing others like us?" She muttered quietly, her soft, angel-like voice was the first to say something. Gwen hoped that no one would pay attention to what she said. The short redhead stood on her toes to get a better look at the projector at the front of the room.

Kiera cycled through about three different emotions. Confusion, anger, and complete disbelief. She opened and shut her mouth as she sat down in the chair to try and figure out what exactly the Headmistress was currently on that made her think a bunch of teenagers had the ability to catch a serial killer. She ultimately just held her head in her hands and mumbled that this was a bad plan before getting up the nerve to look the woman in the eye and ask, "let me get this straight. You want us," Kiera gestured at the group as a whole, "a bunch of half-trained teenagers to take on a serial killer that has killed five superpowered people already." Kiera stood, and started to gesture wildly, "are you high right now or are you expecting the real world to be like TV. Last time I checked though, the odds are that we end up all dead and you don't catch the son of a-"

Kiera stopped and started pacing, rambling on about how stupid an idea this was and that it was highly likely that they were all going to end up dead. "I'm just gonna say this right now, maybe you need to get checked by someone with a medical degree. Like a therapist. Because this," Kiera stopped and just looked around for a moment before continuing on, "this is just plain nuts!"

Charlotte spoke up next, although not as it would've been expected. It was technically more in argument against Kiera's point rather than questioning the headmistress. "I think it's a great plan." She said, still leaning on the wall with her arms folded. "These killers may have been able to take down five agents, but the last thing they'll be expecting is a bunch of half trained teens. It might just throw them off guard, and with our range of abilities we may just have an advantage." She added whilst looking at Kiera, finally turning to look at the headmistress. "But, how do you plan on getting us int he town without a massive influx of teens being noticed?"

((Summary Post))

All the answers to Holly's mental questions were soon expressed by the Headmistress. Now, Holly felt more like a selfish spoiled brat than someone celebrating her unofficial Sweet 16.

"As you know, this school is designed to train young mutants to become agents for our IDPA program, which requires a close knit team of agents stationed in a town or city in order to regulate and protect mutant and civilian lives...."

Well, Holly knew all of this, so she mostly muted the Headmaster's voice and began to listen to songs within her thoughts to calm her nerves. Even though she wasn't listening to their Director, she was - at least - reading her lips. Bad idea!

"You will be stationed in Roanoke Virginia. We have reason to believe that a small time mutant killer or killing mob is present there, due to the bodies of these five people." Holly perked up then, sitting taller in her seat and unmuted her ears. This wasn't some silly neighborhood project or Community Connection event that she always hated - one of those sloppy attempts to build mutant and society understanding and relations. No, this was more like a Class A assignment... They've never gained such highly classified assignments before... How in the world did they quality for something so...huge!?

"Agents Knowles and Morgan were sent to investigate, but they were then killed as well. Before I begin the official briefing, does anyone have questions?"

"Let me get this straight. You want us," Kiera gestured at the group as a whole, "a bunch of half-trained teenagers to take on a serial killer that has killed five super powered people already." Kiera stood, and started to gesture wildly,

Holly watched with understanding, she knew it was a difficult thing to understand when you're new. But, she felt exactly like Keira. They honestly were not ready for something so big - they had all these new people in their group that they haven't really gained the chance to train with all that much... Not for a class A assignment!

"Are you high right now or are you expecting the real world to be like TV. Last time I checked though, the odds are that we end up all dead and you don't catch the son of a-" Kiera stopped and started pacing, rambling on about how stupid an idea this was and that it was highly likely that they were all going to end up dead. Holly believed the same, but as she watched their Headmistress's attitude, she could see that Kiera's explosive, insubordinate response wasn't phasing her one bit.

"I'm just gonna say this right now, maybe you need to get checked by someone with a medical degree. Like a therapist. Because this," Kiera stopped and just looked around for a moment before continuing on, "this is just plain nuts!"

"I think it's a great plan." Charlotte responded. "These killers may have been able to take down five agents, but the last thing they'll be expecting is a bunch of half trained teens. It might just throw them off guard, and with our range of abilities we may just have an advantage."

"It is what we do," Holly responded, hoping her calm voice might cause Kiera to relax. "I know you're still somewhat new to our team, but this is why we're here at this school. However," Holly stood up, gaining some sort of confidence within her little frame to speak her mind. "Are we really ready for something so....dangerous? We haven't had the chance to work with the new members of our team. Hell, it will be suicide to work with them without knowing what they can do, or how they work within a team. I'm not sure this is the right team for the job..."

Charlotte continued her thoughts about the assignment, making Holly wonder if she spoke high enough to actually be heard. Seems like she was truly into the idea of his thing... It's at least something to get them off campus.
"But, how do you plan on getting us int he town without a massive influx of teens being noticed?"

Kiera sat down gently, letting Holly speak about the mission and the plans. Holly was nice enough, Kiera supposed, but did she really understand what the Headmistress wanted? They wanted them to play junior detective where other, more experienced agents had failed and paid the price for their failure. Kiera was a cynical pessimist and would always be so. She thought she'd seen what people had to offer at her old school, all the bullies and people walking on others to get to where they wanted to be.

"I'm not saying that I'm not going on this, just that we needed more time..." Kiera said, shaking her head at the idea. "Like Holly said, we have literally no idea what the others can do and, at least in my case, I don't know what they're going to do when we get there... in Roanoke. They could know people there and we could get in more trouble than this is worth."

Jun smirked. Well this was a welcome unexpected surprise. "Ah, don't worry so much about it, guys. I'm here, and we'll certainly be able to clean this mess up in no time. Got that?"
She was quite confident in hersellf and her abilities, and this was a great opportunity indeed, provided they didn't simply die on the mission. They hadn't been training for nothing, after all.

"As long as the new members don't get in our way, I bet we'll have no trouble. Those killers will get what's comin' to'em," she stated calmly, though a stray spark of electricity from her forehead suggested otherwise. The girl was itching for a chance to show off.

"Since you're bothering to tell us this, you've got a plan for a large group of teens suddenly appearing there, right? I'll be kinda disappointed if you don't."

"I am fully capable in your abilities as well as this school's training programs, and as for not knowing what each other can do, that will be covered briefly," Headmistress, replied, "Agent Knowles and Agent Morgan were killed because they allowed a petty conflict to separate them and make them vulnerable to attack. They were ordered to stay with each other at all times to prevent such happenings, but they disobeyed instructions regardless of the risk involved and paid for it with their lives."

The Headmistress did not mess around huh? Ava picked at her jeans nervously as Crow toyed with his hair. Seems this woman was intimidating everyone, even Ursula, who, with her size and strength, could kill the Headmistress in one blow.... Not that she would! The Headmistress terrified her...

"Now then, onto the matter of what all of you can do. I'm sure some of you are aware of each other's abilities, and some maybe not. I will go over each of your abilities now for clarification. Ava, has what is called Osteokinesis, or the ability to grow, manipulate, and move bones of not only herself but others. Theoretically, she could implode a human skull with thought." The Headmistress began, causing Ava to flush and look down, almost ashamed of what she could do, "Mister Tavor is exceptionally powerful as well, having the ability to not only summon spirits but to become ghost like himself. He would make a very valuable reconnaissance agent for this mission."

"I can also talk to crows!" Crow interrupted, causing the Headmistress to sigh.

"Yes, he can also talk to crows.... Moving on to Jackson, he has the ability to manipulate all liquids as well as heal minor wounds. Gwen shows basic telekinesis abilities, and with hard practice, she just might be able to move more complicated objects such as people or animals. Miss Kyveli can create ice from water molecules in the air, which is highly useful for entrapping or hindering suspects. Elliot is a bit of a wildcard, since is a bit unstable with his abilities, but given that his abilities aren't inherently dangerous, I believe he will be useful on this mission. Elliot can become invisible and create force fields around himself and presumably others. Miss Han has electrokinesis and super speed, which makes her an excellent messenger and rescue party member. Colton and Michael have similar abilities, both being able to summon beings. While Michael's beings have very little free will, they are less powerful than the highly willful demons Colton can summon, which he requires to forge some sort of agreement with them from what he has displayed thus far. Colton can also communicate with animals, which could be useful for gathering information on a suspect. Miss Mason can control sound, which is useful for numerous reasons, and she can also speak any language. Mister Lockhart's specialty is healing and hurting, and it is believed that this is a achieved through manipulating a lifeforms various forms of defense such as the immune system, but that has yet to definitively proven. Charlotte is a telepath, though only a mildly powerful one. With a little effort, she will be able to keep you all in touch with each other in case of emergency. Ursula is, well, a powerhouse, with her strength and size, which makes her exceedingly useful in the field for both offensive and defensive attacks. Ludwig has wings, as you can see, as well as slight regenerative properties and enhanced vision. Arrawn has a form of teleportation that will be useful in dangerous situations, as well as the ability to open rifts to use as storage and a form of dark energy control which can be used to make blades for himself. Now then, would anyone like to add onto this list before I go any further?"

The headmistress paused to allow her students to speak. When they were finished she moved on.

"As for the whole 'getting a large group of teenagers there without suspicion' problem, Roanoke is a moderately large town, but if asked, you will state that you are visiting historical sites in the area as a class field trip for your out of state private academy. As long as you do not arouse attention to yourselves, you should be fine. An adult agent, Agent Lundy, will be traveling with you and supervise you. If he believes that things are too dangerous, he will inform me and you will be recalled from your mission."

Charlotte listened to the listings of all the chracters and the plans to get them there inconspicuously. Upon hearing how the headteacher thought she wouldn't be able to act as a communicator already made her laugh inside. She knew she could do it in certain situations, although she would honestly prefer not to. However, for now she continued to listen, judging the overall mission they were being sent on. They said that if the situation was too bad they would be pulled out, but in reality what would be the chances of getting everyone if the group was attacked. But oh well, it didn't bother Charlotte in the slightest, which would seem strange to some and concern others. However, it was how her mind worked and no one could change that. "And what's to prevent this Agent Lundy from being killed like the rest?" She asked bluntly, always thinking of spanners that could be thrown in the works of the mission.

Kiera noted the lack of information about her own power and decided that she'd keep her kinetic abilities to herself for now. Flying was an obvious power, but Kiera liked to keep some things to herself. For now she was an unknown, someone who could be the wildcard at any moment. Of course she had to keep calm or she was going to break something. At least the Headmistress was sending an adult with them to investigate Roanoke. Roanoke. Kiera disliked the idea for a second reason, and that was Roanoke was where all those people had vanished all those hundreds of years ago. Kiera wasn't sure about the occult but she knew a bad feeling when she felt it.

"She'll probably say that he won't get distracted like the last two, therefore it's all peaches and cream from here on out. Despite the fact that this killer has murdered five people already..." Kiera muttered from her chair in the far corner of the room.

"And what about our training? Will that effect our mission?" The red head piped up, still holding her brothers hand. She tried to peer over Ursula and then looked around her and at the headmistresses.
(So this didn't post last night like I thought it had, damn mobile

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

~*~*~*~* Jackson Schultz *~*~*~*~
17 - Corpiphysical; Fluid Manipulation - Minor Healing

----- Listening to the list of abilities the other student body, Jax tried to best to mark them into memory. After all, they were all going to have to be used if this mission was as difficult as the Headmistress was making it sound. He was little excited to put his powers to good use, though he couldn't help the nerves that rattled through his veins. He had impulse to speak, to encourage the group, but he simply stayed silent; giving his younger sister's, Gwen, hand a squeeze in silent reassurance. They could do this, there was a reason the Headmistress had chosen them to go out there - they could do this. What else were they here for? This is why they attended the school, why they had been training.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Agent Lundy will not be leaving the safe house at any point and will have at least one of you there with him at all times. Agent Lundy's mutation allows himself to become intangible, which will also help in his safety," the Headmistress explained, "and as for your training, I have full confidence that you will be able to get to the bottom of these murders. If anything does happen to Agent Lundy, Jun should report to me as quickly as possible and I will either assign you a new supervisor or pull the mission and arrange your return to Roseguard."

The Headmistress pulled out her tablet and began the briefing.

"Now then, you will be staying in a mutant bunker, but you will all have to share rooms. I'll leave the rooming up to you, but I expect you to be adults about this. The bunker so far only has ten or so residents, which are the registered Roanoke mutants we have moved there for safety reasons. There are still, of course, unidentified mutants in the area, and should you identify them you should send them to the bunker and extend an invitation for them to attend Roseguard if they choose. Since you are not permitted to go anywhere outside the bunker without a partner, I have assigned each of you, excluding Miss Harding, two partners to avoid isolation at any time. Miss Harding only has one partner because she will be spending most of her time in the safehouse, connecting all of you, and her going out into the field often is a risk that I'd rather not take. She is arguably one of the most valuable members of your team. As for leadership, I think that Miss Mendoza should be the decision maker in this mission. She is in charge and unless she receives a direct order from me, via Agent Lundy, her word is law, and I expect her to be responsible with her leadership." The Headmistress raised her eyebrows in Ava's direction, making the girl blink. She was the leader? Damn... That also meant if anything went wrong and if any members of her team got hurt, it'd be her fault... "Now then, onto the teams."

The headmistress brought a chart up on the screen; it was pretty self explanatory.
tumblr_ns4c7w5Q2J1ut7trxo1_540.png

"Any questions on why you have been partnered with someone?" the Headmistress looked to her students to gauge their reactions. Ava smiled at Ursala and Diana, but Crow made a pinched face.

Kiera raised her hand. "I don't remember what Jun can do and you didn't mention her. Why am I on a team with these people, because maybe if I see some logic then I won't keep calling you a crazed old lady," Kiera said, genuinely curious. It was obvious for Ava to be in charge, what with her head slash bone explodey powers. That didn't mean the girl had the personality for it, nor did that mean Kiera was just going to comply. She barely knew most of these people, but yet she was going out to stop a serial killer.

At least she wasn't going home, which was a small blessing in itself. She didn't want to deal with her parents, or hear how the footballer was now being forced to retire. It was his fault that he'd angered her. She was just getting even, and the pranks were harmless at the best of times, and reputation destroying at worst. No physical harm. He took it personally or something, because he'd crossed line and she had to even it out. It wasn't even that bad, given her particularly nasty pranks, but he was upset. He'd been the only one who'd known that it was her and went after her. Kiera didn't want to deal with that, but she didn't want to go back out into the real world yet either.

"Or am I just the girl that no one can figure out yet, so I'm stuck with the reliable girls?"

Charlotte was, irritated, to say the least. Kept inside most of the time?! That was something she honestly doubted she could do. Even if limiting her to one partner was an attempt to keep her from going out, it was still one person she could force to do as she wanted and go outside. After all, she could discover people's secrets, everything they ever tried to hide about themselves, just by simply asking their minds. With that, she could get what she wanted with a little blackmail, something not below her. However she wouldn't raise any complaints about her situation, instead just waiting until they were actually underway to sort things out in her favour.

"Hey hey, you really don't remember what I can do?" Jun asked Kiera. "The last name's Han, I'm the one with the electric powers and the speed. Speaking of powers, though, you haven't been mentioned yet."

She turned to face the headmistress. "Nah, not really, as long as I get a chance to do my thing I don't care too much about that," she told her, waving dismissively. "Just gotta tell ya, I'll report and do what I'm supposed to, but I ain't gonna be relegated to just messenger, alright?" The girl was itching for a chance to cut loose, and she didn't really feel like staying back and playing rescue or messenger, even if that did play to her speed's strength quite well. She was a bit annoyed that Ava's word was to be taken as law, but for now figured it didn't matter too much.

"Miss Night, I paired you with Gwen and Jun because you are a ticking time bomb that needs to be controlled. Jun is a very strong young lady with a very good heart and I believe she will be able to keep you in line. Gwen is respectful but not easily tread on, I believe that her personality will level you and keep you from causing trouble," the Headmistress explained with a piercing gaze, "You have no respect for authority and rather than buckle you down with someone who is much stronger that you or could force your hand, I've paired you with partners at a mostly equal level as you. Frankly, Miss Night, I grow weary of your disrespect by the minute; it would be wise to follow orders given that your stay at this school is entirely dependent on your behavior, and Miss Night is not the only one where that rule applies. I expect you all to be on your best behavior during this mission."

There was no doubt that Kiera was going to be Ava's biggest issue, but she had to keep in mind that she couldn't devote all of her energy into keeping Kiera in line. She'd have to trust her teammates to help with the labor. Ava was glad she had Ursala and Diana as her partners, since they all got on pretty well.

Crow was a little uneasy with having Cult as a partner, since they tended to butt heads more often than not in the dorm house, but having Trevor as a partner was pretty good luck, all things considered (not to mention Lockhart was definitely easy on the eyes.) Crow just didn't want to send someone to hell accidentally (again), since it was a pain in the ass to get them back out (seriously, hell's like a chinese fucking finger trap). Then again, Cult could probably get his own ass out with the whole demon schtick.

"Of course not Miss Han, you will be very useful in combat, should it happen to arise, but you must understand that in an emergency, you are the best option for transportation, along with Mister MacHaulen. As for Kiera's abilities, she has the ability to fly, but I have not had the time to look over her file extensively," the Headmistress continued, snapping Crow out of his internal rambling.

Kiera looked at Jun Han as she explained her powers. Kiera nodded and said, "I haven't been here all that long. It's a wonder if I can remember anyone's names, let alone their powers and limitations. So I'm sorry if this is the second time I've asked." Kiera could be polite, if she wanted to be. But honestly, the Headmistress just made her angry. Something about the woman's snooty attitude or the fact that she made a point of bringing up how Kiera was there and that if she continued acting out then Kiera would probably be... put down.

"I'll follow orders, but I reserve the right to say when they're stupid. I hope that nothing bad happens, but life experience says that good things rarely happen. If they happen at all."

[fieldbox="Holly Mason, purple, dashed, 10"]Holly Mason

Holly wiggled her nose when the Headmistress mentioned her powers, forgetting the most important ones. The whole sound mimicking and such, plus her glorious fashion sense, did help a time or two for covert spying and various character swapping. The only time the character swap wasn't effective was when the person she was attempting to mimic was already known as a 6' tall woman. If Holly knew that bit of information, she would of been that woman's perfect twin. She had her walk, her voice pattern, and even the right clothing to fit the woman's role well. She rolled her eyes at that botched mission, wondering if their Headmistress was ignoring that to quietly say 'Not this time, Holly'...

As she sat listening to everyone's response to this new task before them, Holly scanned through the list on the wall, finding her name now connected to others. She was thrilled to be teaming up with her friends - Ava and Ursala she knew how they worked and will have no problems with at all. Elliot - well, she's worked with him a few times but not enough to really team their skills together to know what the results might be. Arrawn...she blushed at the idea of working with him. There were a few guys and gals Holly seem to brighten about, but again...she's ever officially worked with Arrawn enough to know exactly what their skills will mesh. In all honestly, she somewhat feared his vortexes - unsure if they were total vacuums of empty sound. She wasn't all that keen on physics, but she's learned enough from the Roseguard staff about what she should avoid when it comes to her abilities. Nevertheless, she didn't mind the idea of testing her talents with Arrawn one day.

What Holly wasn't happy about was not being teamed up with her other close friends - Jun, Cult, Crow, and Di. She's pretty much known them ever since she started going to Roseguard, and at times, they've become one of the reasons why she's been able to come out of her old shell. She figured that the Headmistress had her reasons to team her with the members she'd chosen, so she wasn't going to complain.

Standing up, feeling the need to move since she was unable to run out of the building, Holly tapped her hands against her thighs as she rocked back and forth nervously in her heels. "So, since we've got all of that settled, what are we to do next? Are we going to have a few days to train before leaving, or is this one of those pack tonight/wake up there tomorrow' type of missions? Those are a drag, ya know...but, we gotta do what we gotta do, right?" Arms folding around her once more, Holly tried to calm herself well enough to stand in once spot for once.[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.