Roseguard University for Specialized Humans

• Thread starter sinister-cephalopod
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Charlotte. Not Kiera XD)

Charlotte looked at the crow that Crow was feeding, personally thinking he shouldn't let the creatures inside. "No, I was going to ask if you were going to put any good music on." Charlotte said, leaning against the wall. "But if you're too busy playing with your... Pets, then how about I do it myself?" She waited for a response whilst turning her attention back to the dancers.

"First of all, they are not pets, they are friends and not dependant on me for survival, and secondly, this is excellent music, thank you very much," Crow huffed, rolling his eyes at Charlotte, "But, go ahead and take over if you must, but don't play any of that angry screaming shit.
It hurts everyone's ears, especially Holly's, and it just sounds scary, like someone's getting mauled by a pride of angry lions." The raven squawked at Charlotte and puffed out her feathers, clearly offended that someone was cutting into her head scritches time.

"Maybe it should be you and your pets getting mauled by a pack of angry lions for the next release then." Charlotte said with a sarcastic smirk, looking at the bird and flagging it off before turning to make her way through the crowd towards the jukebox. However she spoke back to Crow again over her shoulder. "If I find one of those pests stealing my crap or being where it shouldn't be, I'll send you back a feather to remember it by." She said quite seriously before carrying on her path, wading through the party goers to reach the music station, looking through the selection of music to play. She could be evil, playing the loudest, scariest shit she could find, but even she wasn't that harsh, well... At least not at a birthday party.

It was a good thing Ursala had stepped out when she did. Maybe it was the quiet of the hallway, but there seemed to be a lot more ruckus- and crashing?- than when she was in there just a few minutes before.

Not that she was particularly antisocial, but the quiet was nice. She'd go back in and have fun after she centered herself a little. It was just so easy to cause accidental damage if she wasn't paying attention. When she was consciously doing something, it was more a problem of gentleness and concentration, but if she wasn't, a mere flick of the wrist or wide gesture could have unintentional force behind it. This time to herself would help Ursala so she could have an easier time having fun later.

It had only been a few minutes when Di came out and talked to her for a while.
"We have three this year, one for each person. Strawberry upside down cake for Holly, Devil's food cake for Cult, and an ice cream cake for Ava in the freezer still." The devil's food cake was a lighthearted joke both for Cult and the fact that it was a halloween party. Plus, it just wouldn't be a party without chocolate.

"Have fun being blind then, cow," Crow muttered quietly as Charlotte departed. The bird made a squawking noise that resembled laughter, very weird laughter. He picked Sweetie up like an ice cream cone and set her on his shoulder like a parrot. Crow wiggled his fingers in front of Sweetie, and she held one with her beak. Corvids often hold each other's beaks to say 'I love you', and doing this with Crow's fingers was the same thing.

"Yes, I love you too pretty bird," he cooed, removing his finger to stroke the plumage on her chest.

It was pretty cold, but since Roseguard was as high north as it was, this was normal. Crow shut the window to keep the cold air outside and headed back into the party with Sweetie on his shoulder.

For now, Charlotte hadn't yet changed the music, so that strange, hard to dance to music was still playing. Despite Holly's and Jun's efforts, only a few were dancing. Most of the rest seemed to be lounging around or whatever else there was to do that didn't involve getting up and active. Perhaps once the music finally changed they'd have a bigger party there, but for now it was just 3.

"Hey, Holly, we've gotta get more people up and goin!" Jun said, not really having to raise her voice to get it across. "It's no party if nobody's dancing, right?"

[fieldbox="Holly Mason, purple, dashed, 10"]

"Well, I guess...I can try, right? As long as I focus on just the radio..." Holly stoped dancing for the moment, feeling a bit nervous about her idea, but Crow was busy...and the need for some excitement was highly required. Besides, this was for her and her friends, and Holly, personally, didn't want everything to end because of something so minor. So, turning towards the sound system, and slightly removing the block on her ears, she focused - very carefully - and concentrated on altering the sound of the scary Halloween background music; slowly turning it into something more. The melody changes into one that could hold lyrics, the bass soon held an interesting dance beat, and just for fun, she added a mix from a few of her, Ava, and Cult's favorite groups to bring all of it to life.

Pulling her thoughts away from her actions, Holly released a big sigh, happy to see that she didn't blow the radio up.

"Well, what do you think?" She smiled at Jun while raising her hand towards her temples for a light massage. She could feel the twinge of a headache attempt to taunt her. [/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Charlotte had almost reached the radio set when Holly changed it, looking over at the girl who had done so. Honestly, she didn't care that much, although was ever so slightly annoyed that the one time she tried to help out with something, it wasn't needed. Instead, she leaned against a wall, watching her friends have fun and dance. She took out her phone to look at stuff as she lounged around against the wall, wondering if anyone would try to get her to join in with the dancing, or if they would guess taht she did not want to join in.

Jun smiled as her friend changed the music, despite perhaps some protest that might come from Crow sooner or later. "Nice one, Holly!" Jun complimented her, patting the other girl on the back. That sound power came in handy sometimes. "Now just let me do my part."

For now, she moved off the dance floor, trying to grab other to join in. She noticed Crow heading back towards the party. "Yo," she waved at him. "Sorry about your crummy music, but let's dance now!"

Zipping around the tables and other people, she saw Charlotte, being all solitary again. "Hey," Jun said, popping up in front of her. "Let's dance! What do you say?" She looked around again, but everyone else seemed either occupied or not in the room at the moment for now. So with those two, she headed back to Holly. "So how many we got now?"

Crow laughed, entering the fray as Sweetie picked at his bird's nest of hair. He bumped Jun's hip, accidentally sending the girl flying. Sweetie cawed and hopped onto the nearest stationary shoulder, angrily crowing at the blonde who abandoned her. That shoulder, just so happened to be Cult's, whose hair, apparently, also needed Sweetie's helping hand (or beak) to even things out. Crow's raven was preening Cult's hair.

Ava was snickering to herself at the absurdity of everything. Jun getting launched across the room by Crow's skinny white boy hips, Cult getting a raven hairdresser. This year's party was working up to be even better than last year's!

[fieldbox="Holly Mason, purple, dashed, 10"]Holly Mason

"So how many we got now?" Jun asked, stopping Holly's sudden rendition of how Beyonce dances.

"Oh! Well, let's see, shall we?" Sure enough, Ava, Crow, Cult, and Kiera were lively. After being dragged within the mix, Arrawn didn't look to be getting into things. The new crew members were still getting use to their new surroundings, which Holly understood. And other old crew members that they already knew, like Elliot and Ursala - well, they understood them well enough to give them their respectable space. But Holly knew that, at times, they were known for breaking out of their shells when the time and atmosphere were to their liking. She's seen it first hand!

Turning to Jun, she shrugged her shoulders, "Maybe, they'll jump in after we take a break - later...." Giving Jun a confident grin, Holly continued to dance and sway, giggling when Sweetie began to groom Cult's always messy in a cute way hair, and Crow's wild hip bump that sent Jun clear across the room.

Taking a moment away from the crowd, Holly tippy toed her bare feet towards the snack table, grabbing herself a soda and a cup of cheese puffs. She noticed Elliot was still in the shadows. Taking her snacks, she moved to where he was with a warm smile. "Hey Leo. You having a good time?"

@Cassette[/fieldbox]

Jackson followed the adrenaline of the crowd, joining the group in shouting happy birthday to the group that had finally walked in. Grinning, even as it quieted down from the call-out, he lingered in the back as conversation broke out from the previously silent hiding. He silently let Crow place the hat on his head, ducking it slightly to make the process somewhat easier (not that he was very tall to begin with). He still somewhat kept to himself as the music was blasted, keeping an eye open for his half-sister, considering they had split up to hide.

• Thank You
Reactions: Phi Chisym
"Woah!"

Jun flew across the room, luckily managing to keep on her feet. "Yeesh, Crow, be more careful," she told him, though not before running up to him and giving him a fairly hard slap on the back in return. It was just a playful hit, but a little harder than usual.

"Yeah, maybe they'll join, eventually," she said, a small smile on her face as she started looking around for anyone to drag in. Sure enough, Jackson seemed to be hanging out by himself for now. She moved over next to him to try to pull him in.

"Hey Jackson, what's up?"

@*Jay

"Hey," Jackson answered, spotting her heading his way and sending her a small smile. "I'm just hangin' out," he added with a small shrug and a chuckle. "Watching, I guess. What're you up to?"

@Kaykay

[sorry its short ;-; ]

The party was in full swing when a loud knocking managed to make itself heard over the music, however, it was not the neighboring dorm complaining about the noise (as usual). Ava set down her soda on the coffee table before navigating her way through her friends and roommates to answer the door.

"Hello?" she asked, anxiety growing in her stomach when she saw two men wearing guard uniforms and the headmistresses personal assistant, Jacqueline Monroe.

"Good evening Miss Mendoza, enjoying yourselves I see?" she smiled sweetly, adjusting the horn rimmed glasses on her nose, "I hate to interrupt your celebrations, but Headmistress would like to see you. All of you."

Ava swallowed as Crow cut the music.

"Are we in trouble?" Crow asked, beginning to finger his hair in nervosity. What on earth could have the entire dorm in trouble with the Headmistress?

"No, not at all Mister Tavor," Jacqueline tittered, "Headmistress has an exciting opportunity for all of you!"

Ava tilted her head and furrowed her brow. Oppurtunity?

"Come along now, everyone," Jacqueline chirped, making her way into the house with the guards to usher everyone out the door, "Up, up, time to go!" The guards and Miss Monroe herded all the students out of the dorm house in a matter of minutes. "This way, follow me," Jacqueline ordered, leading the group towards the Headmistress's office while the two guards followed behind.

After a short jaunt, the group arrived to the office building, in one of the conference rooms to be precise, at which point Miss Monroe turned on her heel and consulted her tablet.

"Let's see..." Jacqueline tapped her stylus against her chin before counting heads, "Good, that's everybody. Gentlemen." The guards barred the outside of the doorway, arms crossed behind their backs. "Very good, now then, have a seat; Headmistress will arrive promptly." Jacqueline gestured to the soft chairs surrounding the table before exiting the conference room.

Reactions: Indabayou
Jun was about to answer Jackson when the group was suddenly given an "opportunity" and hustled out of the room. The party wasn't against school rules, was it? Actually, the word "opportunity" wasn't really synonymous with "stop partying." Jun figured it was either something really good or really bad. Wanting to get it over with and get back to messing around, she quickly took a seat. "So, what exactly are we here for?"

[fieldbox="Holly Mason, purple, dashed, 10"]

Was it about to happen? Was she going to succeed? Was Elliot finally going to step from the shadows and completely enjoy this day with his friends? Well, the look on his face seemed promising, but just when he was about to speak, Miss Monroe stepped in with talk about some sort of opportunity the Headmistress had for them.

Now, Holly wasn't one to bypass a positive opportunity, especially when it's one she could share with her friends, but this was her unofficial Sweet 16 party! How could the Headmistress call them out on anything on such a glorious occasion? That woman knew everything that happens on campus - even such a secretive thing like a surprise group party. She was stomping on her and her friends' special day!

Folding her arms with a terrible two pout, Holly was reluctant to go. But she knew she had no choice in the matter, no voice. So, she followed, keeping her frowning face in place as she moved with her team. After being herded like sheep across the yards towards the main building on campus. Holly's never been to the Headmaster's building, not even when she was enrolled at the school. All of her enrollment was managed beforehand. At that time, they didn't want to scare her....

Now, after being there for a year, to Holly, the building still looked like a tower titan with forbidden written all over it. "Why do they do this, ruin perfectly awesome days with...opportunities? Could this have waited till in the morning? Besides, this place gives me the creeps...." As the group stood in the conference room, Holly wrapped her arms around herself, attempting to calm her sudden fears. She knew there was nothing to worry about, but she felt a bit unsure about her environment. Even as she sat down on one of the comfy chairs, Holly still felt like a caged bird.[/fieldbox]

Charlotte was herded into the group, angry at the forceful way they had said about the headmistress wanting to see them and the way they gave them no choice in the matter, but still the went along with it. She stood with her hands in her pockets, leaining against one of the walls in the conference room whilst hopping from one person to another, sensing their views on the matter. Even without her power, it was cleat Holly was afraid of the situation for some reason, and others were annoyed or anxious about it.

Tara20Lynn.jpg

Ursala had been just about to head back into the party when they were interrupted by the guards and Mrs Monroe. An opportunity? She tried to stay at the back of the group as they walked even though on the inside all she wanted to do was run right up to the headmistress's door. How exciting was this! Lots of kids did projects around the school or were recruited (aka forced) into helping set up for functions, but this was the very first time Ursala was included in the asking. She didn't care what it was, she was saying yes.

Kiera was surprised by the sudden movement around her. Without much time passing the party was broken up, and everyone was shuffled out to see the Headmistress. Kiera never really liked the Headmistress. Something about her just unnerved Kiera. Maybe it was how they'd first met, and the idea that had started in her head that maybe she could escape this place and find a new place to live. On her own, but it would be better than being stuck nowhere and going at breakneck speed.

"So... I guess we're all officially black ops now? Dibs on the codename 'striker'." Kiera said, trying to make the situation a little lighter at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.