Rollin' Down to Old Maui (OoC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most will be NPC's, we need some canon fodder anyways. Plus, there's tons of pirates who'd be willing to join up

pirate-wallpaper-1.jpg

608x700_6466_Beatrice_2d_character_pirate_girl_woman_fantasy_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

195132.jpg

USr1F40.gif

6a01348361f24a970c0192aaa5519c970d-320wi

Name:
"The name is Katarina Anna Archer"
Nickname: (optional)
"I usualy go by Kat or Poison"
"If you can't tell that you need to look again there Mate!"
Female
"Not polite to ask a woman her age you know."
25 years old

Position in the Crew:
"I am the sail master if you land lovers wanna know"

Preferred Weapon(s):
Twin daggers that look like this (usually hidden in her boots.)
This sword she named BloodEdge (she is rarely seen with her sword)

About Me:
WIP will flesh this out asap been a really long day and I only have access to one computer atm

Other:
"Why oh why is the rum gone?"
"Well Cap'n you drank it all away!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark_Psycho
WIP, I'll finish the personality and bio soon!

latest

Name: Rand Naman

Nickname:
N/A

Position in the Crew: Boatswain

Preferred Weapon(s): Hatchet and flintlock pistol

About Me: (can include, but isn't limited to; Personality, Background, Attributes, ect. I'd like to see at least 2-3 paragraphs here)

Other: (include any additional information you want. Maybe a catchphrase that your character says, or any pets they may have).

@Poisoned Rose could you put all those images into a spoiler and only leave one up? It took a good half hour for that page to load since there were so many images.

@WitchChild McClain is one bad-ass character, and I'm so glad you didn't stereotype. I can see an interesting conflict with his resentment of the aristocracy and Francoise's obvious pompous nature...unless McClain is smart enough to realise that, in reality, Francoise is only desperately clinging to some semblance of her older life to avoid facing the reality that she was abandoned and left with a pack of ruthless, raping, pillaging criminals.

On the other hand, I really do like the idea of Francoise's eternal naivety and steadfast sense of innocence being able to break through his coarse nature. First Officer McFuckOff slugging back scotch, glaring stonily at everyone in the galley and holding a ball of pale pink yarn to help Francoise with her knitting.

Also, has everyone decided on whether or not we're going to start at Tortuga or on the ship yet? I'm really excited for this RP but just as impatient to get it started, since I only have a set amount of free time in which I can really work on posts. And an introduction post (and the subsequent ones afterwards until the general intro is done) usually require much more attention to detail.

Last edited:
McClain is one bad-ass character, and I'm so glad you didn't stereotype. I can see an interesting conflict with his resentment of the aristocracy and Francoise's obvious pompous nature...unless McClain is smart enough to realise that, in reality, Francoise is only desperately clinging to some semblance of her older life to avoid facing the reality that she was abandoned and left with a pack of ruthless, raping, pillaging criminals.

There will be no pillaging, nor raping on this ship! In fact, aside from treasure hunting and raiding ships, Edward doesn't do much 'Piratey' stuff. I was actually going to say that the night he grabbed YC was a night when he was drunk and thought she was Jim. He would've tried to return her, but the family thought she was being held for ransom (so he took the opportunity for money). He would've treated her very nicely though - he is a gentleman after all.

And again, the IC can be started when everyone gives me their input on how they want to start the plot xD

@Poisoned Rose could you put all those images into a spoiler and only leave one up? It took a good half hour for that page to load since there were so many images.

@WitchChild McClain is one bad-ass character, and I'm so glad you didn't stereotype. I can see an interesting conflict with his resentment of the aristocracy and Francoise's obvious pompous nature...unless McClain is smart enough to realise that, in reality, Francoise is only desperately clinging to some semblance of her older life to avoid facing the reality that she was abandoned and left with a pack of ruthless, raping, pillaging criminals.

On the other hand, I really do like the idea of Francoise's eternal naivety and steadfast sense of innocence being able to break through his coarse nature. First Officer McFuckOff slugging back scotch, glaring stonily at everyone in the galley and holding a ball of pale pink yarn to help Francoise with her knitting.

Also, has everyone decided on whether or not we're going to start at Tortuga or on the ship yet? I'm really excited for this RP but just as impatient to get it started, since I only have a set amount of free time in which I can really work on posts. And an introduction post (and the subsequent ones afterwards until the general intro is done) usually require much more attention to detail.
Great to hear that you like him.

His hate of the aristocracy is mostly in the terms of it doesn´t work and uses name and money to get rank.

He wouldn´t really hate someone like Francoise per say though her clinging to that sort of lifestyle would definitely annoy him to no end due to the fact he is a bit of a realist when he isn´t full of either scotch, adrenaline or both. Though I am guessing she is French so he wouldn´t actually put it past her to be that dumb and actually think she can maintain it.

Though he is not heartless, will put out there. He is a jerk but a jerk with a heart.

Great to hear that you like him.

His hate of the aristocracy is mostly in the terms of it doesn´t work and uses name and money to get rank.

He wouldn´t really hate someone like Francoise per say though her clinging to that sort of lifestyle would definitely annoy him to no end due to the fact he is a bit of a realist when he isn´t full of either scotch, adrenaline or both. Though I am guessing she is French so he wouldn´t actually put it past her to be that dumb and actually think she can maintain it.

Though he is not heartless, will put out there. He is a jerk but a jerk with a heart.
Well, to play devil's advocate, Francoise -technically- has not been officially disowned/removed from the family, only presumed dead. So her title still holds some validity. But on a more realistic note, she changed her surname and doesn't flaunt the title, just the lifestyle.

It's difficult to explain. She knows that piracy is her life now; she's officially in too deep to say otherwise, but the absolute dread, the terror of this sudden (and completely coincidental!) fall from grace, not to mention the culture shock and the abandonment... She's trying to avoid the truth as much as possible. I don't blame her; she's too young to be going through that sort of trauma. I think if someone like McClain turned around, slammed Fran into a wall and screamed the truth at her, she'd probably freak out and do something rash, like get unbelievably drunk, or lock herself in her room for weeks on end.

Ugh, what a ramble! I mainly felt the need to convey that since the crew would be (hopefully) used to Françoise's habits after a good 2 years of her nonsense. Wouldn't make sense if we started the RP and YC all of a sudden starts calling Fran out on it.

It'll be interesting to see how this one turns out.

He would have to be absolutely piss drunk to do something THAT harsh to a woman. He would probably still roll his eye when she would get overly pompous.

Well, to play devil's advocate, Francoise -technically- has not been officially disowned/removed from the family, only presumed dead. So her title still holds some validity. But on a more realistic note, she changed her surname and doesn't flaunt the title, just the lifestyle.

It's difficult to explain. She knows that piracy is her life now; she's officially in too deep to say otherwise, but the absolute dread, the terror of this sudden (and completely coincidental!) fall from grace, not to mention the culture shock and the abandonment... She's trying to avoid the truth as much as possible. I don't blame her; she's too young to be going through that sort of trauma. I think if someone like McClain turned around, slammed Fran into a wall and screamed the truth at her, she'd probably freak out and do something rash, like get unbelievably drunk, or lock herself in her room for weeks on end.

Ugh, what a ramble! I mainly felt the need to convey that since the crew would be (hopefully) used to Françoise's habits after a good 2 years of her nonsense. Wouldn't make sense if we started the RP and YC all of a sudden starts calling Fran out on it.

It'll be interesting to see how this one turns out.
Well if your looking for someone to put her into her place then my character doesn't mind smacking men or woman around. She is harsh and times cruel

Reactions: Ythania
Well if your looking for someone to put her into her place then my character doesn't mind smacking men or woman around. She is harsh and times cruel
I'm not looking for anyone to do anything to Francoise; but thank you for the offer. More that I was giving information to the rest of the cast. Your character can react in whatever way they want, maybe the first mate despises everything about Francoise, maybe she's relieved to have a proper, feminine woman on the ship.

Honestly up to you (or her) as to how you react.

Screw it we'll just start the IC at the point in the story where they learn of the treasure and are already on their way.

Sorry for the delay but my character should be done tonight! ^^

I have finished her, here is her profile AZZA MARGULE please tell me if I need to change details about her ^^ @mr_pibbs

Azza is adorable, @Azula, but I don't know why she joined a bunch of pirates. After all, she's not only risking her life, but the reputation of her entire family! Not to mention its bloody dangerous for a woman on a pirate ship.

Either way, I see Azza and Francoise getting along.

Reactions: Hitomebore
Azza is adorable, @Azula, but I don't know why she joined a bunch of pirates. After all, she's not only risking her life, but the reputation of her entire family! Not to mention its bloody dangerous for a woman on a pirate ship.

Either way, I see Azza and Francoise getting along.
That's what her whole family said to her XD but well when she had set her eyes on something, she wouldn't let anyone stood in her way, so off she goes to the sea~ Yep I can see that too ^^

It'll be up sometime this week, got a bit delayed and I want to make sure it's a good starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.