Rollin' Down to Old Maui (OoC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3dc5bc8f92d390ad59bf3d6072d71ce0.jpg

Stands at about 6'0 and weighs at about 14 stones (90kg or almost 200lbs)
(Hat should be a tricorne)​

Name: Former Officer Michael McClain

Nickname:
Officer McFuckOff if mention his eye...or his past in the navy...or take his scotch.

Position in the Crew: Master Gunner

Preferred Weapon(s): If you were to go up to him up close at a pub he'd have his knuckledusters if he wasn't intending to kill you. Were he to intend to kill you, he'd use his naval cutlass and german boarding axe gun. Were he to to be of longer range, he would use whatever gun he would carry, which usually consists of his boarding axe musket and six different flintlock pistols along with another which has an ivory grip and four barrels. Otherwise he would use a full musket or a swivel cannon...or a hand mortar.

About Me: Michael Mclain was born in the motherland of England to a Scottish father and an English mother, a product of a tryst and was actually rather close to have never been born. However both his parents were at least somewhat religious...at least religious enough as not to kill an unborn child. So he lived on and mostly with his mother though she named him after his father and his family, Michael McClain.

His mother's family were bakers while his father's family were butchers and pub owners and their religious beliefs were somewhat strained by having him around as they sort of switched around with raising him until his father's family demanded to have him as they found his English family be not a good influence which was sort of hypocritical.

He was raised by his Scottish family until he was twelve which was the time he got into a bit of trouble, managing to just get out of being flogged and harshly punished by the higher English aristocracy but as a kid he eventually found himself in the harbor where he got himself on a ship. He was twelve after all and he needed to earn some farthings. That was his first outing in the king's navy.

Years went by as he became a member of the king's navy from a lowly cabin boy to an actual crew member manning the cannons against England's enemies all up until he became an officer on a prestigious ship. He dreamed of becoming a captain of his own man'o'war as he reached his officer status at the age of twenty-four. Things seemed to be going well with the Scotsman though he had a rival by the name of Henry Bristol, a nobleman who mostly bought his way to the status of officer with his family's money and their social status. They were never on the same page as Bristol knew of McClain's background as a rather lowly commoner with no social status in the higher classes.

During a certain winter, during shore leave in the new frontier of southern america where their ship was tasked to guard a trade ship from pirates did McClain's entire life turn upside down. Both drunk, Bristol decided to yet again take a jab at McClain and how he would never progress further in the navy, if not be demoted into a cabin boy yet again. That had been the last straw and he struck Bristol...with a bottle of rum. IT did not knock him out but it was a close call and the other man drew his pistol and attempted to fire. McClain was already close to throw another strike with his knuckleduster but as Bristol fired, Michael was so close to the flintlock mechanism that the burst of powder went straight into his eye. His punch maintained its strength however and he punched Bristol square in the mouth, breaking off his front teeth, lower and upper row.

McClain was drunk but he still maintained some sense as not to be anywhere near there. Bristol's family had way to high of standing for McClain to even hope to get a fair trial so he ran.

Years later he'd find himself on a pirate ship, resentful of the system of the England aristocracy and Bristol, keeping his gunnery skills honed. Though half blinded, he practiced through for years to be an accurate shot.

Strengths: Excellent fighter and marksman. Hearty sailor with a passion for naval warfare. A fair bit of education as he is actually literate and knows French. Will be the first to rouse the mates to get ready for a tussle.

Weaknesses: Mighty short temper, half blind. Cares little for when the rum is gone for his drinks scotch. Not exactly the most social when alone in a room with him.

Other: He is left handed and wears a dyed black english naval officer uniform.

"Fuck off while I drink"

Last edited:
Heya! I have been craving for pirate RP and this one sounds interesting, however with my schedule right now, I can only reply IC once a week unfortunately. If that's okay with you, I really want to throw a character along with a question which role is still vacant ^^ Thank you!

Yeah that could work. We still need a carpenter, or you could be an ABS (Able Bodied Sailor or "General Crew")

Aw, those are the only ones left? :') Hmm, I'll think of a character that will match that role, if I can't then maybe I will rethink about joining the RP :'D

Unless you want to be a chart master/map person.

tumblr_nqmgqy7IiY1rlvnueo2_400.gif

Faceclaim: Kate Winslet​
Colourclaim: ff99cc​

Name: Francoise
Bellemer (Francoise II de l'Aubsestine)

Nickname: None. You call her Francoise or she does not listen.

Unknown. Looks very young, however. (Any attempts that have been made to decipher her age have proven thus far unsuccessful.)

Position in the Crew:
'Moral Support'

Preferred Weapon(s):
A sharp tongue, a bright young mind, and a letter opener in her corset.

About Me:
"Ah, que la mer est belle! Par un beau soir d'été!"
(Oh, the sea is beautiful on a summer's night!)

Now, you may be wondering what it is that inspired me to travel with pirates? Truth be told, it was not my decision to start off with. But let us begin from the beginning, no?
My name - that is, my real name - is Francoise II de l'Aubestine. I used to be a part of the French Bourgeoisie; la famille Aubestine was a very rich and-...opulent? Is that the word? Yes, that one, thank you As you can see, my English is not always perfect ​ family who decided that, one day, I would be married to the Comte-...Count of Marville. I was 12. Years later, we were sailing towards the place where the Count was staying for the wedding, when the ship was attacked, and I was taken for ransom - by whom else than Captain Edward Hopkins, of the Princess Elizabeth?Oh, how I did struggle! For many months I fussed and complained. But the Captain was looking for the money to provide for his family, and he was a very nice man (if not a bit smelly) and his crew did not mistreat me. I waited for my family to send the money, but not a single coin was sent. I waited, and I waited, and no ransom was paid after the seven-month waiting period.
I thought I was to die. In the last few days, I was very sad. I cried and cried, I remained in my chamber and did not come outside, I blocked the door and I even thought of jumping into the sea. When the day came, I lamented to the Captain that my family no longer love me, that I was on my own, and that I would die out in the sea, unloved.
But the Captain did not kill me. After seven months he, and the rest of the crew, had come to like me very much. He let me stay on board his ship as a real pirate, like the ones in all of the story-books!
The hurricane nearly killed us all, and I cried for a long time when we arrived in Tortuga again, but the Captain is looking for a new crew. I shall stay with him - it is either piracy, or marriage with the Count.

Other: "Où se trouve le rhum?" (Where is the rum?)
♔ Educated and well-versed in English, sometimes breaks into French when emotional.
♔ Her mental health is questionable; has shown (clearly) signs of Stockholm Syndrome, and sometimes truly believes herself to be on the transit towards a marriage that will never happen.
♔Doesn't actually have any useful job on the ship. (Is aghast when someone orders her around.)
♔ Physically weak, intellectually proficient.
♔ Acutely empathetic.
♔ Early riser.
♔Bookworm.
♔Adept at a plethora of idle hobbies to keep her occupied on-board.
♔Said hobbies are usually well-supplied for, in fear of hearing her constant whinging for months on end.
♔Usually gets what she wants.
♔Complains to the Captain when she doesn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark_Psycho
I'll take that position! ^^ Character should be ready hopefully soon~

Alright the crew's looking good so far! Lots of interesting people ^^

Okay, so here's a question for you all since we're here: I already have the first 'quest' lined up, but the starting point is still up for debate.

Should we: A.) Start on an island (Tortuga/Nassau most likely) and learn of the treasure, as well as introduce our sources of conflict while on the journey

or

B.) Already be on our way to the treasure (having just finished that encounter at the bar before the thread) and jump off into character introduction while we sail to our destination?

I'll go with B ^^ but either one is fine with me~

Alright the crew's looking good so far! Lots of interesting people ^^

Okay, so here's a question for you all since we're here: I already have the first 'quest' lined up, but the starting point is still up for debate.

Should we: A.) Start on an island (Tortuga/Nassau most likely) and learn of the treasure, as well as introduce our sources of conflict while on the journey

or

B.) Already be on our way to the treasure (having just finished that encounter at the bar before the thread) and jump off into character introduction while we sail to our destination?
Tortuga
And Poisoned rose is in she just a bit busy at work she will work on it this weekend most likely if not sooner

Eeeeh, B. RP introduction posts are always slow and boring, especially if you're part of a crew and already know each other.

mwtjpy.jpg

rj0e3s.jpg

"I was born to fill the emptiness in this boring world."

wrxawo.png

NICKNAME
Azza, Azzie

"I don't really like nickname, Azzie is the only one I can accept. Other than that, don't expect me to answer your call."

"Boobs and ass... Aren't those obvious enough?"

"Old enough to go on my own adventure, of course!"

POSITION OF THE CREW
Chart Master

"They say I'm good, but the fact is... I'm the best!"

PREFERRED WEAPONS
Dagger and Dirk

"I'm not a fan of fight, but I still need to protect myself especially when I stuck in this madness."
MC-HK-3457.png

wrxawo.png

ABOUT ME
PERSONALITY

Charming. Flirty. Confident. Stubborn. Possessive
Azza has a magnetic charm that makes people, especially men, likes being around her. Her aura is able to make people feel happy and peaceful. The way she walks, talks, and even brushes her hair are perfect sight to enjoy. Using her natural charm, Azza tends to be flirty, no matter who she is talking to. Men... Women... Nothing makes differences, but still she is into men.

Some people say that her charm comes from her confidence. Azza will never be seen in doubt, she perfectly understand about her capabilities. Her decisions are firm and unshaken which somehow makes her a stubborn girl. She hates it when someone against her words, she hates losing, she hates anything that pushes her down. Azza will fight for her choice and she won't change its unless someone able to give her strong arguments, but it's quiet rare. Debating her is... tiring.

When she finds perfect person, either as friends or lover, Azza will turn on her possessive side. She wants her friends and lover for her only. She hates sharing, especially when it comes to anything close to her. Her possessiveness can be annoying most of the time, but well everyone has their own flaws and this annoying trait of her is something that you need to face if you're close to her. Since she will completely attached to someone, Azza is overly dependent. If someone she trusts betrays her, she won't be able to survive the days and it needs a lot of time for her to recover.

BACKGROUND
"My childhood was... different, I guess. It was a long story that I have to spend more than a night to finish it. So, please make yourself comfortable for you will spend some nights hearing my story."
Azza Margule, the youngest daughter from the youngest wife of Aldan Margule, the richest trader back in her hometown. Her mother was the fifth woman that stupidly seduced by that old rich man with money and fame. She had two older sisters from the same mother and another 5 oldest brothers along with 10 oldest sisters from another mother. Yes, her house was so crowded and noisy. Can you imagine 13 girls fighting over one dress? That is more than just one problem, it is... thousand of hidden problem.

Despite of the fight and chaos happened between them, Azza lived an oddly happy life. They lived in strange harmony that they never thought about killing each other to get their father's attention. The wives also spent their time together just like sisters. Unusual, most people said, but they might be the luckiest family ever and Aldan undoubtedly was the luckiest man alive. Each of his wives were pretty and good with their own role in house while his children were unique and different with each other. For example, Ifha (oldest daughter from first wife) and Mirane (oldest daughter from second wife) were both had talent in singing, but in different style. Ifha was good with ballad song, her voice could make even the mightiest soldier shed tears. While Mirane was good with up beat song, her voice could make even the old and weak danced like there was no tomorrow.

What about Azza? Azza was into art since she was little. She adored anything fancy, anything artsy. Azza was an art freak they said. Seeing the art potential hiding inside his youngest daughter, Aldan began to help her sharpening her skill in drawing. With his money, he was able to give Azza anything she needed to improve her drawing. Time went on and little Azza had grown up into a fine artist. Her drawings were well-known among the traders and nobles, she got a lot of money by doing her hobbies. Nothing could make her happier than her life back then.

However, when Azza hit 20, she started to feel bored. She still doing her hobbies as her main job, but something was missing and she didn't know what. Azza started to learn different drawing style, but it didn't fill the hole inside her heart. Her wondering kept going without direction until one day, stormy news winded up in her hometown. A treasure left hidden somewhere in this big vast world. One thing that came to her mind first was... she wanted to make the map of the world!

Yes, it was somehow had no connection at all with the treasure news, she didn't even understand. When the news reached her ears, all she could think of was she needed to draw something about this. Not the single drawings she used to make, but a map. A map about the treasure and also about the world. She wanted to pour everything she had into a big piece of paper, maybe little pieces at first, and made everyone understand more about their world with her map. When she finished her maps, she would undoubtedly in peace. So since that day, she began her journey as Chart Master, moving from one ship to another to make maps until she ended up in Edward's ship.
SKILLS
Everything Related to Drawing
Basic Martial Arts for Self Defense
Basic First Aid

STRENGTHS
Strong Sense of Direction
Boundless Imagination
Magnetic Charm
Keen Eyes
Attention to Detail

WEAKNESSES
Alcohol Beverages

(She gets drunk very easily, she will pass out in no time) ​
Low Stamina
Horrible Fighter
Overly Dependent
Can't Stand Extreme Weather

wrxawo.png

OTHER
"The rum's gone... Nightmare? Not really. Good news actually, drunk pirates are the worst. THE WORST."

Last edited:
My CS is finished; @mr_pibbs please can you look over it and see if that's alright with you? I'm using your character, after all. I imagine Francoise has been your guest for around 2 years, give or take.

I'm try to get it all done tonight, thanks Mistress for the clarification

Would anyone like to pre-determine relationships with Francoise? I want to know who Fran can boss around and who she can't. I kind of hijacked Captain Edward in my CS but I'd like to know what the other characters' reactions to Francoise would be prior to beginning (Assuming that they aren't new arrivals to the crew, that is.)

Her and Jim could be just starting to be friends, considering he's a bit of a lone wolf. Maybe she could be teaching him to read/write (I can't remember if I said he knows how) and he could be there to just talk (since I assume he's roughly the same age as her?)

Her and Jim could be just starting to be friends, considering he's a bit of a lone wolf. Maybe she could be teaching him to read/write (I can't remember if I said he knows how) and he could be there to just talk (since I assume he's roughly the same age as her?)
Mhm, I like the idea. Francoise tends to thrust her presence onto poor, unsuspecting people until they turn out to accept her; so I can easily see Francoise trotting over to Jim and just talking. And yes, it would be likely they are around the same age, Francoise is quite young.

I fear this will be a pirate crew full of women, though, which is hardly very exciting...we need more men. Also, how's the IC going so far? The intro, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.