Rollin' Down to Old Maui (OoC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
McClain nearly done.

Prepare for one angry scot

I still need to have people pitch in their thoughts on the whole 'do we start on the island or on the boat' thing, so I haven't even started working on the IC yet. I have the general idea down, but I need confirmation.

Either an angry scot that be angry drunk or angry sober AND drunk

Reactions: Dark_Psycho
So is McClain going to be drunk angry or sober angry?

Just make him angry, no matter wether or not he's got booze in hi system. Make him: The Perfect Scot.

Oh, oh please, -please- don't stereotype McClain.

I still need to have people pitch in their thoughts on the whole 'do we start on the island or on the boat' thing, so I haven't even started working on the IC yet. I have the general idea down, but I need confirmation.
I thought the majority was for the Island?

Was it? I only thought there was one response to the question, I'll have to go back and check 0.0

It's literately a tie xD

Two people commented and one is for the Island, one is for 'Already on the way'

3dc5bc8f92d390ad59bf3d6072d71ce0.jpg

Stands at about 6'0 and weighs at about 14 stones (90kg or almost 200lbs)
(Hat should be a tricorne)​

Name: Former Officer Michael McClain

Nickname: Officer McFuckOff if mention his eye...or his past in the navy...or take his scotch.

Position in the Crew: Master Gunner

Preferred Weapon(s): If you were to go up to him up close at a pub he'd have his knuckledusters if he wasn't intending to kill you. Were he to intend to kill you, he'd use his naval cutlass and german boarding axe gun. Were he to to be of longer range, he would use whatever gun he would carry, which usually consists of his boarding axe musket and six different flintlock pistols along with another which has an ivory grip and four barrels. Otherwise he would use a full musket or a swivel cannon...or a hand mortar.

About Me: Michael Mclain was born in the motherland of England to a Scottish father and an English mother, a product of a tryst and was actually rather close to have never been born. However both his parents were at least somewhat religious...at least religious enough as not to kill an unborn child. So he lived on and mostly with his mother though she named him after his father and his family, Michael McClain.

His mother's family were bakers while his father's family were butchers and pub owners and their religious beliefs were somewhat strained by having him around as they sort of switched around with raising him until his father's family demanded to have him as they found his English family be not a good influence which was sort of hypocritical.

He was raised by his Scottish family until he was twelve which was the time he got into a bit of trouble, managing to just get out of being flogged and harshly punished by the higher English aristocracy but as a kid he eventually found himself in the harbor where he got himself on a ship. He was twelve after all and he needed to earn some farthings. That was his first outing in the king's navy.

Years went by as he became a member of the king's navy from a lowly cabin boy to an actual crew member manning the cannons against England's enemies all up until he became an officer on a prestigious ship. He dreamed of becoming a captain of his own man'o'war as he reached his officer status at the age of twenty-four. Things seemed to be going well with the Scotsman though he had a rival by the name of Henry Bristol, a nobleman who mostly bought his way to the status of officer with his family's money and their social status. They were never on the same page as Bristol knew of McClain's background as a rather lowly commoner with no social status in the higher classes.

During a certain winter, during shore leave in the new frontier of southern america where their ship was tasked to guard a trade ship from pirates did McClain's entire life turn upside down. Both drunk, Bristol decided to yet again take a jab at McClain and how he would never progress further in the navy, if not be demoted into a cabin boy yet again. That had been the last straw and he struck Bristol...with a bottle of rum. IT did not knock him out but it was a close call and the other man drew his pistol and attempted to fire. McClain was already close to throw another strike with his knuckleduster but as Bristol fired, Michael was so close to the flintlock mechanism that the burst of powder went straight into his eye. His punch maintained its strength however and he punched Bristol square in the mouth, breaking off his front teeth, lower and upper row.

McClain was drunk but he still maintained some sense as not to be anywhere near there. Bristol's family had way to high of standing for McClain to even hope to get a fair trial so he ran.

Years later he'd find himself on a pirate ship, resentful of the system of the England aristocracy and Bristol, keeping his gunnery skills honed. Though half blinded, he practiced through for years to be an accurate shot.

Strengths: Excellent fighter and marksman. Hearty sailor with a passion for naval warfare. A fair bit of education as he is actually literate and knows French. Will be the first to rouse the mates to get ready for a tussle.

Weaknesses: Mighty short temper, half blind. Cares little for when the rum is gone for his drinks scotch. Not exactly the most social when alone in a room with him.

Other: He is left handed and wears a dyed black english naval officer uniform.

"Fuck off while I drink"
Here we go.

Though I have one concern...which ship is Edward's? One is something like a frigate with a single deck of cannons while the other has 3 decks of cannons and is far larger...something akin to a Man'o'war from what I can see...those are BEASTS in naval combat.

I'm pretty sure they're the same ship, one just looks different. But I'd say if we're gonna pick, Man'O'War is definitely a better pick (boom boom, sink to your doom :3)

Oooooooooh they are not. One has maybe 28 guns while the other is far larger, heavier AND could carry about 153 guns!!!.

The frigate is basically a truck with a 50.cal machine gun while the Man o War is maybe something along the lines of a tank...if we actually had these tanks like these.

The man'o'war are the pride of the navy, their friggin ace in the hole. NO ONE wanted to EVER go up against a man'o'war. The man'o'war was part of the reason why Black Beard was so notorious. Not because of how vicious he was but the fact he had a man'o'war.

Already changed it so the Man'O'War is the ship. We've got a kick-ass boat :3

In terms of Star Wars of how much firepower these things had

The Frigate is Tantinve VI form a new hope...and the ManoWar is the Star Destroyer.

Haha nice. Kind of makes up for the fact that Edward is a crappy pirate xD

your choice. Gives McClain a bigger reason to be on the ship

The choice has been made and its badass :3

That means the crew needs to be...over 200 in number. Possible numbering in the 500.

Status
Not open for further replies.