Road Trip!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waking up suddenly, Kayla rolled up her sleeping bag and started putting her tent away. "I guess this is the end of the trip then..." she sighed looking up at the van to aee everyone packing up. She walked tiredly to the van and carried her stuff in.

Caroline had noticed that the others were asleep. She stole herself away and sat at the lake while the sunrised. Caroline looked at the trees, the blue waking sunlight shining through them. It reminded her of a time five years ago. Caroline was visiting an Uncle who lived in the Muir Woods, Caroline took one of his bikes and rode down the path. The moon had just reached it's peak when she left. By the time she stopped, the sun had risen through the trees much like what surrounded her on that beach.

Even though there was a twinge of regret, longing and the feeling that English words cannot even begin to describe, Caroline sat still, looking at the sun reflect off the lake. Caroline didn't know how long she stayed there, but she heard Boy yelling. Thats the sign we away. Caroline picked herself up and began to walk back.

Finding herself back at camp she looked at the rest of them and cracked her thumb. "Sorry the trip got fucked up for everyone Boy."

Reactions: AnnaBelle <3
Jayson woke up in his tent, he sat up and sighed. "Dammit i can't let this happen, this will be the best week of my life" He stepped out of the tent and yawned.

Kayla sat in the van waiting for the others as she adjusted her tank top. "Ugh, why did I even wear this to bed last night, I think my boobs are too big for this...". She rummaged through her bag to find grey loose fitting sweater and also pulled out her headphones. "I doubt anyone would want to talk on the way back home anyway, especially Onyx." she said softly and silently to herself as she pulled her sweater over her head and popped in her ear buds. " Onyx hasn't even said a word to me... maybe he didn't know that I actually kissed him yesterday when he had his blackout... I felt like such a fool in front of everyone yesterday when I gave a soft peck to him... I always had secretly known about his blackouts but never spoke up about it. I always did fancy Onyx during high-school... but was too afraid to say it or show it. I'm not his type, drugs, alcohol, partying... and when school starts, I dont think it will matter anyway."

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy scuffed and took a drag from his cigaret as he looked at Caroline. "It was a stupid idea to begin with, I should just have gone on my own." He huffed. "Dump your stuff in the car and wake those who are still asleep." Boy was tired and annoyed, right now he wished that he could just inhale a pack of smokes. He needed to do something that kept his mind from yesterday and the trip. Boy walked back to the driver's seat and looked at Kayla through the mirror. "Next time you kiss him properly." Boy huffed, having seen it all yesterday. He could guess what was going on in her mind right now.

Embarrassed and unaware that Boy overheard her, she quickly turned away to look out the window. "He's absolutely right... I should've kissed him properly and I need to stop being a coward about everything. I don't want to show up at college and end up like meat for sharks..." Kayla hastily glanced at Boy through the rear view mirror, blushing now that Boy knew something was up with her. " He's definitely going to pester me about liking Onyx... I hope he doesn't especially if Onyx doesn't like me back... then it would be even more awkward."

Sits in the back of the van, writing in a small leather bound book, it was tattered with pages stained and jutting out all over. "Guys is there any Pepsi or anything in the ice chest?" He didn't look up just continued to write, stopping to bit the eraser. 'I wonder why he is so pissed like really we are teenagers, life should slow down, not be in a rush, but what ever.' He though.

Kayla watched Onyx entering the van and tried to avoid any eye contact as he passed by. She glanced up to the rearview mirror to look at Boy swiftly and then back down in her lap. She looked down at her lap, looking through her cellphone and noticed that she had missed texts from a guy she was talking to when school got out. "I guess I could keep this guy around .. maybe." she said silently fiddling her fingers and contemplating if she should text him back. She shook her head and threw her phone back into her bag and turned up her music.

As Onxy wrote he let out a soft sigh. Ripping out a note he had wrote and balling it up he tossed it a Kayla; it read
To Kayla
Hey, I wanted to apologize. I know I've never really talked to you, not only on this trip but at school as well.
Ya see I have a reason, and I know it sounds stupid but I feel that you are to good for me and I would be
bad for you. I mean I'm not the best role model or a great influence. You parents probably would hate me
and I'm kinda not the best guy around. Like you see my flaws, my vices, sometimes I fall but I get back up
and cycle through the same thing with no escape. But I think maybe it would be nice to talk to you, so if you want
come back here and sit with me.
From Onxy

He reached for the ice chest in the back getting a cola out and opening it up awaiting a response or at least a look back.

Kayla is surprised by the paper ball suddenly hitting her and she opens it up and reads. " He knows? I didn't expect for it to happen this way... Should I write him back or just get up and walk back to him? " she thought to herself nervously contemplating on what she should do. Kayla quickly picks up her sketchbook and began writing back on one of her sketches of a human heart.
Hey there, its nice to actually communicate in some type of way. :) I would love to finally talk to you... for once. I am pretty shy when it comes to these things and I usually just end up making it more awkward then it should be. I'll sit with you... ~ Kayla

She picked up her things and walked back to the end of the van. She placed her things gently on the floor and began blushing as she set eyes with Onyx as she sat right next to him. "Oh my gosh.. What do I do now... he's looking at me, quick! Don't be super nervous right now... your right here with him."

"Hey," Onxy started as Kayla sat beside him, "I'm glad you decided to sit back here." He started writing again. "You remember that time the first day of freshman year in English when we had to write about our summers?" His eyes shining.

" Yes , I remember. .. it was with Mr. White? Right?" she answered softly as she pushed her bangs from her eyes. " I really loved that class, he was a really good teacher... why do you ask?" Kayla questioned calmly glancing at Onyx.

Looking up from his journal, "Yes and because after that day I started keeping track of the thoughts, the events, and such. It keeps me from forgetting what I always try to forget." He leaned back latching his journal closed, sliding the journal into his bag and rubbing his eye. "Are you hungry?"

"That's beautiful that you write about it, it keeps you sane and content. " she added giving a soft smile. "That is how I am with my art... driven to paint and paint until I have satisfied my hunger; trying to forget about thr present that haunts me.." said Kayla calmly looking into his eyes. " What is it that you're trying to forget, if you dont mind me asking?" she asked hesitantly as she looked down nervously at her worn out black and white high tops. " Oh, yes... I'm a little bit hungry... what did you have in mind? " she asked with a smile as she began to blush just a little.

Reactions: Bohemian-sadboi
Pulling a bag of chips, "I got these, and a small pack of cookies." He leaned back, "There is a lot I try to forget, some of it is a bad relationship, some of it is is just bad times with family." he shock his head and opened the chips. "You can tell that I'm not the perfect nerd that people call me, but I wage wars with myself so catastrophic my body hurts for weeks after a night that I black out and forget."

" It's a never-ending battle between you and your mind... I can't even imagine how much pain you actually feel... you know, I am here for you if you want to talk.. if you want to give your pen and journal a rest ?" Kayla blushed and gently grabbed the cookies. " I'll have some cookies , thank you very much, would you like to share with me ? " she asked softly opening the bag and holding it out to him. "At least your not a lame like I am.m straight-edged and quiet... I was always a nerd.." she sighed taking a bite of the delicious chocolate cookie.

" I can't believe were actually having a conversation and I'm not just gawking at him like I would from across the classroom. He's so kindhearted and intellectual, it's so terrible to see his past eat him alive. We'll I'm happy he's comfortable with me... comfortable to be next to me. This is what I would daydream about sometimes in class but now its actually happening... he's such a beautiful person... but he doesnt even know me yet... my past. I hope he doesn't think negative of me..."

Reactions: Bohemian-sadboi
"Not really in the mood for sweets, and thank you but I'm not really in the mood to open up much more in the van to be honest." Onxy leaned against the window looking at Kayla eating a chip.

"Regardless of a that, so what do you think of me, most straight edge, role model, types dont see me with that high of a standard."

"Oh, I apologize... I dont want to put you in an uncomfortable position. Its not my place to enter your personal space." sighed Kayla as she took a bite out of the cookie. "Well... w-what I r-really think of you.." she added and quickly paused as she began to blush gazing at him.

"Tell him that he's handsome... intelligent... tell him you've been crazy about him since the moment you laid eyes on him... you want to be closer to him and to be there for him, uplift him when he's had a rough day... tell him that.. he's perfect the way he is... "

Kayla's conscious bounced all over the place. She didn't what to tell Onyx... if she should just express how she really felt? or just tell him what he wants to hear ? Her heart was fluttering rapidly and the cookies he gave to her started to look like her outlet to avoid answering his question. " I cant just stuff my face with cookies to change the subject... " she muttered to herself silently as she finished the rest of her cookie.

"Um, well... Onyx, I think that your a wonderful guy and you have a lot of talents to offer this crazy world. Your really upfront and straight forward. You deserve to be at a high standard, even if your hobbies include drinking and smoking pot often. It's not changing who you are... who you are, is... perfect. Don't worry about who and what's around you, you are perfectly made. " Kayla smiled softly looking at Onyx and looked down her twiddling fingers. Her hands were a tad sweaty and her heart was beating a little fast. Kayla's mind began to fight against her and negative thoughts began to flood in her self doubt. "Maybe, it was a good thing I didn't tell him how I really deeply felt..."

"Hah your a bit of about what I do," Onxy laughed, "but I drink and smoke as a form of self medication, I have also have done more how you say esoteric methods." Onxy had no clue why he was spilling his guts to Kayla, other than the fact it felt right, like it wad ment to happen.

Regardless he thought 'Why didnt I talk to her sooner? She might have been the fix you needed, someone to TK to that listens. Someone that doesn't tell you how wrong you are for your self medication. Maybe this will be the thing I needed to pull me out of this hole.'

Caroline sat down in the car. She didn't want to leave. It was certainly the last thing on her mind. But, Boy did. Caroline wanted to reach out to him, to tell him that maybe if we got to the end things might be better. Caroline knew she that she was only looking from her perspective, more time with Kat meant a better life. Caroline was still debating when she looked at Onyx and Kayla. Caroline couldn't decide her opinion on either, they always seemed so complicated.

"Hey Boy." Caroline finally managed to spit out. "I really enjoyed the trip so far... And... I know you may not want to hear it but, thanks for getting us together one last time. Even if it did fuck it all up in the end." Caroline shrugged. "I don't know when we will all see each other again. So... This was nice"

@MaskedMyth

Status
Not open for further replies.