Rivals OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. Saw Star Wars last night and that's all I can think about. My muse is at bay right now.

Lol, how'd you like it? I thought it was a solid movie, definitely the most entertaining.

I liked it, too. They repeated a lot of plot points from the original, but it was still good.

I didn't mind the repeated plot points terribly much. Overall, I thought it was a very good movie, and by far the most entertaining Star Wars yet, but I could poke more holes in it than buckshot could.

Also found a way better image that represents Victoria, finally!

Last edited:
I'll add to my post later today. Just got up.

There were quite a lot of repeat points. Hell, they basically repeated New Hope's plot. But they did it with very good characters and it felt like a natural progression of events all the same. Best movie ever? No. But it's the best Star Wars in a long time.

Did you edit the new pic into her character sheet? I'd like to see it.

Just looked. She looks tough, though I liked the first image's face better.

Heh. "Best Star Wars in a long time." I don't think that bar was set high with 1-3.

Yeah, I couldn't find one that was a blend between "can take care of herself" and "not that badass."

*sigh* finally done with my post! Sorry it took so long...and that it is so long. But that's my Christmas gift to you - being done!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: ze_kraken
Heh, awesome!

No worries, though. Holiday craziness 'n all that! I should get a reply up over next week when it calms down here.

BTW, have you heard of the new Syfy show The Expanse? I'm still catching up, but it's pretty much Left Spinning. Sorry. :(

Heh, awesome!

No worries, though. Holiday craziness 'n all that! I should get a reply up over next week when it calms down here.
Okay. Don't worry too much, as I've made you wait long enough.

I drew heavily from the book series, actually. I wont say it was copy pasted, but it is close. It was too good a world not to draw from.

Didn't know it was books. Okay. Still a good idea.

I am reluctantly hopeful about the series. They've represented the book almost to the letter (minus the grandma politician), and their actor choice - except Holden - has been spot-on as well. The first book was the only one that was any interesting; the others become bland space opera, but we'll see.

Unfortunately, I've still only seen the first two episodes, but I liked where it was going. I'll have to look for these books sometime.

Think I'm almost done with my post. Was thinking I finish with arriving on the planet and then you can post. Promise we'll be getting Rays soon.

Finished my post. We can do a collab for the Ray selection if you want, or do you want to keep going back and forth?

Last edited:
Sorry for the later response! Had a busy few days - saw Hateful 8 today...And it was a tad too harsh for me. I like Tarantino's style of over-the-top violence and simple, but well thought-out plots, but this felt more of an excuse to be far off from average Tarantino weirdness. More excuse for excessive blood, less of a movie. Didn't regret seeing it, though.

I think we can go either way - we could either do two posts with a little bit of time spent experimenting with the Rays and then have them meet back up, or have them meet and get established as to what their next step is.

Sorry, @J_"Kraken". Didn't see you'd replied.

What do you mean by time spent experimenting? They're all in the same place. Guess they could poke around the ships before being chosen, but kind of wanted to get that done soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.