Rivals OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You draft a resolution over about nine-ten weeks and debate it on the floor of a simulated United Nations. Really great time, and you get to learn how ineffective the UN really is.

I've had to do fake trials, but never a fake geopolitical debate.

It was an interesting challenge to write up the bill. It's very streamlined - the entire bill (which can be easily be 60+ lines) is just one giant run-on sentence. The writer in me screamed at the idea of little punctuation and fifty-something clauses with no periods to break them off.

Can't expect politics to have anything to do with art.

Speaking of which, been thinking about our first scene with all our characters on board the ship. Would like Victoria and Walter to talk with Jennifer and Oswin about the tests. Jennifer took it seven times, and Oswin has the highest score in the pilot section in the ships history, because she was able to beat her pursuer without firing a shot. Think that would be a part where we collab on a post.

Also want to have the ship attacked en route by the Wanderers, but spared as they approach space around Elesandes.

I had about the same premise in mind, minus the character details about Oswin and Jennifer. Sorry for the late reply as well, yesterday was...hectic. I got home and went right back out for volunteer work from 4:00-10:00.

It's okay. I'll wait until your post is up before delving into more detail on a joint post.

Til tomorrow, yeah. I've got some rough outlines scribbled on paper from some of the downtime. Pluuuusss, no free internet at the hotel.

Ok, back from MUN. Should have a post over the week.

Yes! And then we can have everyone together for the first time! I anxiously await your post.

Alright, I have gotten all of my other replies out of the way that were waiting longer. Now working on this!

As for content, my scribbles had the idea of picking up with the 'diner' scene from earlier (after they officially got the butterflies) and letting characters get involved from there. Think that works?

I'll have to read it tomorrow, but I think so. Was planning on jumping back to the ship after the diner scene, but maybe collabing we can work something in.

I think it'd be best if we shift the diner scene to the ship's mess hall, that way it glosses over the transitions and has opportunities to explain the final step in flashback while giving a chance for character interaction.

Sorry I didn't see this. Don't get notification for OOC. Does that mean you want to work on the collaboration now?

Certainly can - I think that'll work a bit better than leading in to it and transitioning.

Well, I'd been thinking of the Crusader like an out of work passenger plane, designed to get you from A to B in moderate comfort. If there was a galley, it'd be small, mostly an open bar with a small fridge and a few vending machines - like an office break room.

Starship Crusader
En Route to Elesandes

At the stern of the ship's upper deck was a small room set there for lounging, chatting, enjoying a few drinks - anything to pass the time a little faster. Back when the Crusader was in service, this was a strictly first-class accommodation. But now, as a rental, the commoner could while away the hours with a good drink and a decent snack.

Singh had the bar, a half circle built into the front wall, facing back the way they'd come. The entire ceiling of the little room was glass so they could see the stars above, and the back had a long window so they could see the worlds - and the ion trail - they were leaving behind. The back wall had stylishly displayed gauges for the engine's output information, making it look more like a decoration with its blue glass and dark wood. Vending machines that were crafted to look like part of the walls flanked the room. A circular fridge that doubled as a table occupied the central space. Singh was putting the finishing touches on his Three Worlds Julep, a strange drink combining mint, cream, and berries...

There's a setting for you.

Alright - so do you want to take the collab from there? Or will I work on an introduction into that from the piece there?

Not sure what the difference is...I was thinking that's where the collab starts, and you can introduce your characters to the scene, have them talk to each other and then my characters...usual collab stuff.

I didn't get an alert either for that one...Weird.

Alright, so how do you want to handle the collab? I don't feel as taking up a huge chunk of the OOC is the best of plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.