Reveal The One True Desire

Status
Not open for further replies.
BbVwKrcCYAAQrHb.jpg

Lee simply rolled his eyes as he watched Austin walk out the door. In all honesty, he was a bit hesitant about letting the other walk out by himself. If the murderer knew where he lived, down to his mail box, then he didn't feel confident about their well-being. However, he was sure the murderer himself wouldn't show up. Well, at least, he hoped. His flat was one of the only places he felt safest. Now, it was as if that was even taken from him. The life of a detective sure stripped any comforts away... and it wasn't the first time.

While waiting for Austin, Lee headed into the wash room and switched out the laundry. Then, he grabbed the breakfast plates and washed them, his mind going elsewhere as he did so. However, as he placed the plates into the dish drainer, a sound met his ears. He froze. Eyes wide, he didn't dare move. There it was again. Narrowing his eyes, Lee tried to figure out if it was coming from inside his flat, or outside. It felt like a thumping noise, like something bumping into object. No, no... there was something else too. Like... something was being dragged. Chills rolled down Lee's spine and he slowly turned, facing the empty living room. It didn't seem to be coming from inside.

With cautious steps, Lee made his way to the door, pressing his ear against it in order to listen carefully. He just hoped Austin wasn't anywhere close, as the sounds was growing closer and closer. With his heart beating almost a mile a minute, the detective moved his eye to the peephole. He watched, but saw nothing. Just as he was about to pull away, he heard more shuffling.

Silence.

Suddenly, a bloodshot eye made its way to the peephole, as if it was staring into Lee's soul. The detective jumped, pulling his face away as he felt his stomach drop. With much willpower, he dared to take a second look. Nothing was there. Was he going insane? It wouldn't be entirely unheard of. Most detectives usually break after a few rough cases... it was a miracle Lee had even managed to last so far.

Licking his lips, Lee was about to put the whole thing as part of his paranoid imagination, but the sudden sound of pounding against his door pulled him from those thoughts. Stepping back, he stared at the door, the person continuing to pound against it for a few more seconds.

Silence once more.

Holding a hand over his racing heart, Lee reached for the doorknob and put his hand on it. It was a stupid idea, of course, but he wasn't a detective for nothing. Turning the knob, he slowly pulled the door open, revealing an empty hallway. He was about to close the door when a putrid smell reached his nose, making his stomach churn. Holding a hand over the lower half of his face, Lee stepped out into the hallway and turned. There, he was met with a horrifying sight.

Blood streaked over the wall beside his door and on it. It looked like pieces of... something he wished he didn't know, stuck against the wall and his door. Horrified, Lee swallowed and could barely make out a small message written in drying blood against the smears on the wall.

'I hope you liked my little prize~ Maybe snap a picture for memory's sake?'

Lee Looked up and down the hallway, making sure nobody was still hiding. Then, he quickly went inside and shut the door, just hoping that Austin wouldn't run into the psycho that had just made his existence known. Shakily, he moved to sit on a stool and held his head in his hands. This case was definitely a mind trip...

Last edited by a moderator:
Austin Gallagher
Austin had actually reentered the building quite happy after the deed was done. Burning the paper was a blast! Very relaxing, and he felt much better than he had in the morning. It was pretty fantastic. of course, that all changed when he got back to the actual apartment and saw the mess that was the door. Then, he started panicking a little. Or a lot. He'd lie about that, though, if asked.

He may have almost tripped on his way inside, not bothering to tug off his jacket. Seeing Lee, he was instantly relieved, and made his way over, Looking his partner over "Hey, what the hell happened? You alright? No more knives, right? Because if there's more knives, I'm giving you an earful on knife safety." He said, though worry obviously leaked into his voice "The blood also clashes with the hallway colors. Geez, this guy is not a man of style."

BbVwKrcCYAAQrHb.jpg

At the sound of the front door opening, Lee may have jumped a bit, but after realizing Austin was the only one who knew how to get in he relaxed, looking up to see the said male. The detective was more or less taken aback by the worry in Austin's voice, and he shook his head. Instead, Lee stood from the stool and walked over to him, pressing his lips together.

"I'm fine, there's no need to worry about me. I thought you were going to run into him on your way up." despite trying to sound nonchalant, Lee couldn't help but look over Austin to make sure he wasn't injured. He had to admit, after the incident, he was more worried about Austin getting back without having a run-in with that freak. Would he say that out loud? Of course not.

"It was just a bit of a shock on my part. I'm more annoyed now about the fact that he ruined my door." Lee scoffed, rubbing his arm slightly as he sighed. Then, turning his eyes back to Austin, he moved a bit closer to the said male, maybe a bit too close for normal people, but Lee was simply looking over the other's face, like he was searching. "You didn't see a weird person on your way up? He left about five minutes before you showed up." Lee asked, cocking his head to the side a bit as his eyes narrowed. Calculating. Tossing theories around in his mind, not exactly paying attention to how he was still looking at Austin. He was more focused on his mind going into overdrive. Why did the murderer himself show up to give the prize? It would've been too risky for him...

Austin Gallagher
"Whoa there, pal, back up a bit, I have a beautiful face but you're TOO close." Austin said, taking a step back "And no, not that I was paying attention much. I had a great time watching paper burn, I wasn't exactly eyeing strangers on the way up here. First off, it'd be odd. Secondly, didn't think I had a reason to." He glanced back "Obviously, I was wrong. Whoops. Guess I don't get the gold medal."

The fact that the guy had gotten up here in the first place with that stuff was unsettling. Austin went over to the couch, sitting down and running a hand through his hair "Well, I'm not sleeping tonight..." he mumbled to himself. He'd had a good few nights, too. Honestly, this guy hadddd to go ruin it with the blood-

Wait.
Who's blood was that? This could be a issue.

BbVwKrcCYAAQrHb.jpg

Lee snapped from his thoughts and furrowed his brow in slight confusion. This was too close? However, realizing that for some standards, it would be considered a bit close, he took a few steps back, turning his gaze to look at the wall as he resumed his thinking. "I mean, I remember hearing him dragging something. Maybe he carried the corpse until he got to my floor, and decided to drop it. But, how would he hide something shaped like a body?" Lee asked, but the realization hit him after he finished speaking.

"A sack. It was probably a sack with dismembered body parts." Lee spoke breathlessly, feeling the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. Whoever he was, the murderer sure was trying his best to do all the screwed up things he could before getting caught. Even though he was used to such gruesome sights, just the thought of a grown man lugging around a sack of body parts made his stomach churn. The color disappeared from Lee's face as he slowly shook his head, rubbing at his left temple. "I'm definitely going to lose my mind..." Lee whispered, closing his eyes. However, wasn't he already? For him to think like a murderer would in order to solve cases, then wouldn't it make sense for him to be crazy? The thought made Lee's stomach drop slightly, but it was already a kind of realization he'd come to terms to long ago.

It was just their current case that made him feel worried. What if, after a few more cases, he went on a killing rampage like the many people he found and locked up? The thought made Lee lick his lips, feeling a bit dizzy. He looked over at Austin and swallowed, feeling his heart race in nerves. Why was he feeling like this? It wasn't like him. The one thing he didn't need was a mental breakdown in their current situation. It was what the murderer wanted, he could tell. He wanted to break them and make them cry, falling to their knees. Isn't that how most of them think?

Slowly, Lee turned from Austin and sat on the stool once more, folding his hands over each other. Turning his bored-like gaze down to the counter, despite freaking out on the inside, he furrowed his brow in concentration. He couldn't think such useless thoughts like that. It made no sense. Why would he turn into someone like that, when he was doing his best to stop them? However, despite reassuring himself, the smallest bit of doubt still lingered behind. "So. What now?"

Austin Gallagher
"Well, I don't know about you, but I'm going to go and try to forget about that for the rest of the day so I can at least TRY to feel like I won't get stabbed in the guest room tonight." Austin replied, getting up again "Probably by smoking a bit. Outside your apartment, of course, I won't let my bad habits stain your place. Well, actually, I'll probably do that later. The smoking thing, not the staining your place thing. Probably should find out who's blood that was, you know?"

He sighed a little, stretching out his arms above him "Gooood, I hate this job. I'm totally quiting after this case. Well, I would be, even if I wasn't fired." He grumbled halfheartedly "I was supposed to be a medical student. This is bullshit. There's only so far I can go with crazy, and surprisingly getting shot wasn't that limit. This, though? Christ!"

BbVwKrcCYAAQrHb.jpg

Lee closed his eyes as he listened to Austin speak, tapping his finger against the counter. At hearing that the other was supposed to become a medical student, the detective couldn't help but scoff humorlessly before opening his eyes. Turning on the stool, he looked at Austin and crossed his arms across his chest, leaning his back against the counter.

"Ah, lovely decision you made. There's nothing better than nearly getting killed by some of the world's largest criminals." Lee said with a sigh, turning his gaze to the ceiling. Unlike Austin, Lee always had a technical and speculative mind. He needed something that would push him to his limits, as far as solving puzzles and deciphering shallow messages. What better choice than a detective?

"Detective work is a game of luck and brains, unfortunately. Since nothing else satisfied me in terms of working my brain, I decided being a detective was the best route for me. So, after majoring in psychology, I started my first case. Of course, there's the chance my head could go rolling in a dirty alleyway, but unfortunately, I see it as a risk willing to take. Solving crimes by thinking like a murderer would. Thinking about how they might have murdered someone, down to the smallest details. It's taxing over time, but I've gotten used to it."

Lee ran a hand through his hair, a humorless smirk pulling at his lips. "Since my way of thinking when it comes to solving cases is different, of course many would call me crazy. Why would anybody else look at a case through the murderers eyes, looking into their minds? In a way, I might be a bit insane, if my methods are so obscure..." the detective ended with a long sigh, turning his eyes back down from the ceiling and over to Austin.

"The moment I saw you, I had the feeling that detective work didn't suit you very well. It was just the way you carried yourself, and how you handled things. My apologies for analyzing you, but it's become a bit of a habit for me." Lee spoke in a monotone, his eyes never leaving Austin, his humorless smirk slowly disappearing. Finally he turned his eyes away and leaned his head back. He really wasn't fond of deep meaningful conversations.

"I always wanted to be a medical student. Now, I could turn that into something like 'before my mom died of cancer, she was a nurse, and I want to carry on her dream', but that's literally not the reason. I just like medical shit. You put a lot more thought into what you did than me." He replied, yawning "Now, of course, I'm still the batman here. Tortured past and all, blah blah. Maybe batmans more mild-mannered cousin."

He looked at Lee "But, seriously though, you get the job done with what you do, so at least you're good with your job, yea?" he continued, shrugging "I mean, hey, you do you Will Graham. Tell me when you meet Hannibal." He flashed a grin, before glancing at the window "It'll be getting dark soon. Probably should go figure out who up and bled on your door for our resident psycho."

BbVwKrcCYAAQrHb.jpg

"Ha ha ha. I'll be sure to give you all the details." Lee spoke sarcastically, keeping his gaze on the ceiling. Then, at Austin's comment about finding out who the 'blood donor' was, the detective pulled out his phone, looking down at it. "I'll ask some of the investigators if any new cases have come in yet." he said simply, his fingers already moving quickly to ask the question. In a few seconds, he got a reply.

"Chief told us that there was an abduction case that happened about four hours ago. Small girl, based on information from her parents and older brother, she's only about 12 years old. Kate Reyes. We've got enough people on this, so just worry about your assigned task. We wouldn't want you getting tired out so quickly."

Lee sent a text, thanking the male for the information before turning to Austin. His whole body just felt extremely heavy. Such a little girl... and he was sure that there was no chance of her being alive. With how much blood and... remains... that was smeared on the wall, there's no way she would still be leaving. Especially if it's the psycho murderer they're dealing with. What need would he have for a child? Nothing, other than to use her as ink for his threat messages. The thought made Lee's blood boil.

"I think we found our answer. Kate Reyes, twelve year old little girl. From the text, it seems like an abduction case, and it happened around four hours ago. It's too coincidental for it not to be her." Lee spoke, reading off the text as he did so. Despite sounding like he could care less, on the inside, he really wanted to find the crazy bastard and rip his head off. However, there was nothing he could do but sit there and try to figure out ways to capture the freak.

"I don't think there's any use dwelling on it right now. If by some miracle the girl's alive and not in a sack, the crew of investigators will find her. For now, I'm heading to my room. Even if we can't sleep, we should attempt to." Tch, yeah right. There was no way he was going to be able to sleep. Especially not after nearly bumping into their number one fan. Standing to his feet, Lee didn't say another word before heading into his room. Shutting the door behind him, he shed off his shirt, leaving his sweats on before moving to lay in bed. Putting his hands behind his head, he simply looked up at his ceiling, the lamp light on his nightstand creating a nice soft glow that gave off a sense of warmth. Despite that, Lee still knew he wouldn't be able to sleep, and simply let his thoughts take over...

Austin Gallagher
Austin nodded mutely, heading to his room. Then, he tried to sleep. He really did. He shut his eyes, and just laid there for a moment, trying to clear his head and just black out. The bed was comfortable. The area was quiet. He couldn't do it, though. Even though he felt like he had been hit by a sledge-hammer of sleep, he didn't seem to be able to get any. So, after an hour, he sat up in the bed, and turned to his box, silently digging through it, before pulling out a old, worn police officer jacket. It was faded, but it still held value in it. To him, at least. Then, he got out of his bed, gingerly walking out of the room to the living room, putting on the jacket and sitting on the couch.

He pulled it around himself, and, with Lee not around currently, he let himself break down a bit. A bit. He needed to get it out anyway, everything pent up over the entirety of the case, and now was a good time to do it. Sure, crying into your dead fathers jacket you were wearing for old time's sake was slightly pathetic, but it wasn't like anyone was around to watch. It was just him and the empty room. Depressing.

The fact was, he felt like this was his fault. After all, the murderer knew him, and they were targeting the pair. But Austin's father? Knowing about him was something. It had really been forgotten by most at this point. Maybe if Austin hadn't been on the case, hadn't been doing this, a 12 year old would still be alive. And the feeling that came with that realization? It sucked. It sucked a lot, and really, Austin was surprised he kept a straight face when he heard the news.

"Shit, shit, shit." He cursed, rubbing at his eyes to get away the tears. Not working. "God, I'm really this pathetic." He mumbled, still making sure to be quiet as he rambled a bit to himself "Big hotshot detective here, crying to dead father. News headlines everywhere ask: What the fuck?" a slight pause, before he shakily sighed "Man......you'd both be disappointed in me." And the shitty feeling was back, at full force. Hello there!

BbVwKrcCYAAQrHb.jpg

Ten minutes. Twenty minutes. Thirty minutes went by, and Lee was now sitting up, holding his head in his hands. Despite feeling the aching drowsiness the pulled at his muscles, the detective couldn't close his eyes. Every time he did, the blood shot eye peeking in at him popped into his mind. Goosebumps rolled over his bare arms and shoulders, and he could've sworn that there was a sudden chill. Was he paranoid? More than a little. In the dark, having turned off his lamp ages ago, Lee tried to count the number of lines from the uneven paint job on the ceiling. However, he kept losing count as he looked over previous ones he had already numbered. Like a child.

What was he doing? It was't like he was going to sleep any time soon. He already knew that, but he tried? It didn't really bother him, since he rarely slept during cases anyway. Deciding that a nice hot cup of tea would calm his nerves, he got up from bed and stepped out into the hall. Leaving the door cracked, he walked toward the kitchen, feeling the cool air from the A/C hit against his bare chest. His hair was sticking in all different places, and he was sure he had rings around his eyes. Not that he cared any.

Unknown to him that Austin was in the living room, Lee started heating up the stove, filling a pot with warm water. However, at the sound of Austin's voice, the detective paused, turning around to look further down toward the living room. From where he was standing, he could just barely see around a corner of the house and into the living room. Blinking curiously, Lee couldn't help but feel half of his mouth tug up in a slight smirk. So. Austin couldn't fall asleep either, then?

Turning back to the pot, he saw it just barely starting to bubble and pulled down two coffee cups. Filling both up, he put sugar in both, some honey, and lemon green tea bags. Grabbing both of them, he walked around the long counter and moved to the other end of the flat, turning the corner. There, he saw Austin come into his entire field of vision. Furrowing his brow, he saw the said male wearing an old faded jacket, his eyes a bit watery. Had he been crying?

Feeling his lip twitch slightly at the slight discomfort of the conversation awaiting him, Lee stepped further into the room. Unsure that the other had even seen him yet, he cleared his throat a bit before setting one of the cups of tea on the coffee table in front of Austin.

"I'm guessing you can't sleep either?" he asked, a bit quietly before taking a long sip of the tea. The warmth traveled throughout his body and seemed the calm him, getting rid of some of his chills. "Drink it, it's good for you. It'll help you relax a bit." deciding to avoid asking about why the other was emotional, Lee simply motioned toward the cup of tea on the table with his head before turning his gaze to the wall, sipping at the warm liquid once more.

Austin Gallagher
Austin visibly jolted once he was startled by the fact that Lee was awake too, but soon relaxed, because it was Lee, not a murderer. He took a glance at the tea, chewing at his lip a bit, before sighing "Thanks. And yea, I easily get paranoid. 'Nother reason I shouldn't be a detective, and yet? Here I am." He replied, rubbing his face with one hand while he grabbed the tea with the other. He was partially grateful that Lee either didn't notice or just ignored the state he was currently in. He did this when he thought the other was asleep for a reason.

Silently, he leaned back, drinking the tea and shutting his eyes. He figured Lee would probably like to avoid unnecessary conversation, and even if Austin thought he should bring one up, he was blank on topics that were light-hearted enough for him to talk about. Thinking that over- finding different topics, that is -helped him get his mind off current events, though, so he wasn't about to start complaining.

BbVwKrcCYAAQrHb.jpg

Lee turned his gaze down to Austin, the edge of the cup pressing against his bottom lip. He wasn't the only one. Slowly, the detective moved to sit on a leather arm chair beside the couch, leaning back and crossing his right leg over the left. He watched Austin carefully before sipping at the tea. Unfortunately, profiling others was something Lee did on a daily basis, even to people on the street. So, of course, he had enough time to take notice of Austin's actions in the situation. His eyes looked over the old faded jacket he was wearing and narrowed his eyes lightly. However, instead of commenting, he turned his eyes away and looked ahead of him instead, at a wall.

"You aren't human if you don't feel paranoid as a detective. It's just that it hits you easier than others." Lee spoke, attempting to be reassuring, but only succeeding in sounding slightly awkward. One would think that with all the detective work he did, talking to victims and such, he'd be okay with consoling people or at least attempting to. Well, it never really stuck, and needless to say, most victims didn't really want to speak with him after their first time. He couldn't blame them of course. "I've had my share of paranoia plenty of times. Even now. It's just easier for me to hide it, since I'm not exactly 'in touch' with my emotional side." Lee added with a slight sigh, his eyes still locked on the wall. At least the conversation he was having was managing to get him relaxed. He was a bit surprised, considering he was talking to Austin. But, maybe that was why he was able to calm down? He didn't even understand it, so he didn't bother dwelling on it.

"Even though I act like I can't feel things, they all happen. Sometimes all at once, but most of the time hidden. Years of practice does wonders, I'll tell you that." Lee spoke with a humorless scoff and smirk. Then, finally turning his midnight colored eyes to Austin, he locked them on the said male, holding the cup a few inches from his mouth.

"I feel as if I came at the wrong time. Did I interrupt?" Lee finally decided to ask, but not directly. Asking it like that was able to let Lee stay slightly relaxed without feeling discomfort, surprisingly. It was more of a question directed to see what Austin's brain was thinking by hearing his response afterward. Calculating, yes, unfortunately, but it was habit. A detective isn't a detective for nothing, and Lee was one of the best ones.

Austin Gallagher
"Depends; if you WANTED to hear me talk about how much of a shithead I am, then yes. Otherwise, no. Wasn't doing much other than that." Austin replied, shrugging a bit and setting down his cup " 'Sides, it's YOUR apartment, not mine. I'll be outta here when the case ends. So, yea, you're kinda allowed to go wherever at any time."

It actually felt fucking cold for once- to him at least -so he pulled the jacket a little tighter around himself. He was a little more relaxed with someone else in the room, that he'd admit. It showed that he wasn't alone. Being alone was a better condition for being murdered, or stalked, and the company was just nice, even if it was Lee. Not that Lee was bad, Austin was fond of the guy, but he wasn't sure what the other detective thought of HIM, and that didn't really settle his nerves well. As he said, he was fond of Lee, he really would rather not mess up.

BbVwKrcCYAAQrHb.jpg

Lee couldn't help but stare at Austin as the said male spoke, pressing his lips together before he set his cup down with a sigh. Uncrossing his legs, the detective leaned forward a bit, his elbows pressing against his knees as he tilted his head at the other. He thought for a moment before looking up at the ceiling, absentmindedly scratching his bare abdomen. despite being thankful for Austin being respectful about it being his house, he couldn't help but scoff a bit.

"Regardless if it's my apartment, I have the basic decency to respect somebody else's privacy and space. Like I said before, it's common courtesy." Lee spoke slowly, almost like he was speaking while releasing a long sigh. Turning his gaze over to Austin once more, he slowly moved to sit up straight once more, pressing his lips together.

"You seem a bit troubled. I saw you earlier when I was making the tea." Lee spoke cautiously, wondering if he should even continue. However, his overwhelming curiosity, of course, ruled out common sense, making him clear his throat at his decision. "I'm not exactly the best with reassuring words, but I can offer my ears to listen. It's not exactly healthy to keep yourself from expressing." such a hypocritical statement on his part, of course. If anybody didn't express, it was Lee himself. However, he figured that it was one of the... kinder... gestures he could come up with. The others being awkward and just off-putting. Grabbing at his tea again, Lee fell into silence, keeping his eyes on the wall ahead of him. If Austin chose to speak, he would. If not, then he was fine with sipping his tea in awkward silence... or at least, he would try to.

Austin Gallagher
"I did express. To myself, but it was out loud. And you ain't really one to talk, because, you know, you don't talk. Not that I know of, at least." He replied, leaning into the corner of the couch with a small yawn "But really, I already told you what I was 'troubled' about. Again, I'm a shithead. Detective stuff isn't for me. I'm a disappointment. All that stuff." There was a pause "I'm thinking of leaving the case, to be honest. I'm not really helping you much, you know?"

It was true, in Austin's eyes, he was basically just sitting there doing nothing. Well, actually, sitting there and getting shot. Getting in the way would work too. Besides, this all probably wasn't good for his mental health, and if he wasn't helping, why bother? He was kicked out by the department for a reason, right? Who was he to question that?

BbVwKrcCYAAQrHb.jpg

Lee sipped the remaining warm liquid from his cup before setting it down on the table, the noise filling the now-silent room. The detective had mulled his thoughts over, and figured that the only option he had left, was probably be the best. Well, he hoped. Slowly dragging his hands down his thighs and holding them on his knees, he pressed his lips together before standing. Crossing his arms over his bare chest, Lee then made his way over to the couch, moving to sit down right next to Austin. Their thighs could've been touching if he had moved over a bit. Then, gentler than he thought he would, Lee lifted his hand and grabbed at Austin's chin, turning it so they could lock gazes.

"Listen. Dropping out now wouldn't do anything to help with this situation." Lee spoke, his tone a bit harsh, yet gentle (surprisingly), in order to try and get his message across. Narrowing his eyes as he assessed the other's expressions when he made them. "After everything that's happened on this case, do you really think I'd want to stick it out alone? Since you've decided to stay this long, you might as well see it to the end. Your job as a detective isn't over yet until the case is." Lee added, keeping his eyes locked with the other's intensely as he spoke.

"You wouldn't believe how many people I can list that have left me to do things on their own, or because they were 'tired'. Left me to deal with the hardships and mental breakdowns so they could 'take a vacation'. Don't make it to where I have to put you on that list." Lee's voice had taken on a softer tone, his eyes softening slightly as if he was asking for the other not to leave. "I know it's selfish for me to even ask for you to stay, but on this case, I really don't think I can do it alone. Even with someone like me, there's only so far I can go." Lee spoke, slowly pulling his hand from Austin's chin before leaning down, rubbing his face with his hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Austin Gallagher
there was a pause of silence from Austin, with him taking time to think it over. Then, he said in really the only way he could think of, "Well, if I didn't know better, I'd say you're beginning to like me." He said, before sighing "....yea, it was late night ramblings anyway. I'm not going. Can't get rid of me that easily, I'd miss out on too much good food."

Now he just felt bad. He really hadn't expected that reaction. Or any reaction. Or suddenly realizing that Lee and had been shirtless and holding his chin but now was not the time to think about that. He could dwell on that later, when he wasn't in the middle of a emotional conversation

BbVwKrcCYAAQrHb.jpg

Lee slowly sat up and closed his eyes, feeling some sort of relief run through him. His chest rose and fell with a sigh before he opened his eyes and looked over at Austin once more. He couldn't explain the feeling he felt. At the most, the word he could tie it to was 'warm'. It seemed to gradually start from the pit of his stomach, up to his ears. He knew they had to be some sort of light pink, but simply cleared his throat and averted his eyes.

"Tch, think what you want." Lee muttered, not exactly fazed by the male's comment. Of course, even with saying that, Lee felt some sort of fuzzy feeling in his abdomen, causing him to press his lips together. Slowly, he pressed a hand against his abdomen and held it there, extremely confused at the feeling. He didn't understand what it was. Pushing it away, he turned to look back at Austin before lifting his free hand and setting it on the said male's head.

Slowly, he pat the other's head, nodding a bit as he did so, his lips still pressed together, his eyes intense as he looked at Austin's hair. It was softer than he had thought it would be. Wait, what the hell? The thought made Lee pause and he slowly drew his hand back turning his eyes away.

"It's good you decided that. After all, since you're helping on this case, I'll split the pay. It's only fair."

Austin Gallagher
Austin, at this point, was a bright red, and was silently screaming in his head. What. What? What had just happened? Had Lee just pet his head? That was really weird, slightly out-of-character, and something that made him think more about how Lee was shirtless and petting his head and what the fuck. It was time to skedaddle away from this situation, or he'd be physically unable to say anything else relating to the topic at hand. So, he stood up, quickly making a bee-line to his room.

"Oookay that's great but you really don't have to I'm just going to go try and get some sleep okay yea bye!" He said quickly, basically running at this point, and closing the door to the room once he was in it. Now that was a situation. He probably still wasn't going to get sleep, but it was a good excuse to get out of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.