Reveal The One True Desire

Status
Not open for further replies.
BbVwKrcCYAAQrHb.jpg

Strange...

It was just too strange. The murder cases were so close together, and there were two different murderers. It couldn't have been a coincidence, right? Lee's brain spiraled as many theories and scenarios ran through his mind. He needed his white boards and the evidence back at his flat. Closing his eyes, the detective gently pinched the bridge of his nose as he sat on the sofa in Austin's office. Looking up, he turned to look at his phone, seeing how late it was. He hadn't even noticed how much time he had spent staying there. Originally, he wanted to leave a few minutes after Austin, but he started thinking about the cases...

Moving to stand, Lee gently rolled his shoulder, the pain now numbed from the painkillers. It was already late... the time he spent sitting in Austin's office thinking, he could've wrote down significant theories and inspected the evidence. Sighing, Lee stood and grabbed the smaller box, heading to the door. He moved to grab the handle, but stopped when the door was opening, causing the detective to blink in surprise.

Austin stood in front of him, and he had a rather distinguished scowl lining his features. It was rather odd seeing it, considering that Lee himself always wore one of his own. However, in that moment, Lee's eyes were slightly widened as he continued to hold his hand out toward a nonexistent doorknob. Finally he regained his bored-like features before clearing his throat and averting his eyes. Great. He had been trying to leave before Austin returned, but instead he was caught off-guard. Just lovely.

"Ah. You're back." was the only words that left Lee's lips. Of course, like all the times he was caught off-guard, he was incredibly off-putting. Glancing at Austin, Lee pressed his lips into a thin line before stepping out of Austin's way, turning his gaze around the office once more. "Did you find anything?"

Austin Gallagher
"No." He said rather plainly, walking in and placing his stuff down, before going and sitting down on the couch with a sigh "I didn't. There's food in there if you want it, you probably don't, and if you want nothing else, leave me to die in the pits of hell, alright? This jacket is basically simulating the heat of that right now anyway."

He kept it on, though, like he always did. Even though it was too fucking hot to handle, it was better than bearing his arms in front of Lee, so he'd survive til the other detective left. Which was probably now, considering the others personality. It wasn't like he wanted to spend more time around Austin than need be, and since he had nothing to offer, Lee would probably just leave. Likkkke everyone else Austin had worked with over the years. At this point, it wasn't all that surprising.

He leaned back, rubbing his head a bit and reminding himself to take some pain medication or something for his newly-found headache. Or maybe he could sleep, for once. That would be nice. The food he had bought would probably go bad, but it wasn't like he was that hungry anyway.

BbVwKrcCYAAQrHb.jpg

Watching Austin make his way to the couch, Lee narrowed his eyes ever so slightly. Well. It seemed he couldn't find anything worthwhile. At the thought of wasting so much time when he could've been back at home, Lee suppressed an annoyed groan, gently moving his jaw side to side instead. Turning to look at Austin, the detective rolled his eyes up to the ceiling, wondering why he was wasting even more precious time.

Shutting the door, Lee made his way to the couch Austin was sitting on, feeling the tight orange t-shirt fit against his body. He really wasn't used to it. He preferred loose long-sleeves, or anything that wasn't so tight-fitting. Pushing the thought from his mind, Lee made his way to the side of the couch. Pressing his free hand on the arm, he leaned toward Austin, tilting his head slightly with narrowed eyes. Staying there for a few seconds, Lee looked over the detective's face, as if he was trying to analyze the male. He didn't seem to be in a very good mood. Instead of questioning him, Lee simply held the wooden box of evidence toward Austin, keeping his eyes on him without looking away.

"See if you can find anything else in here. I looked, but you might be able to find something." Lee said simply before standing to his full height once more, pulling down the end of the t-shirt so it wasn't bunched at his jeans. He silently regretted picking the shirt once he felt a bit of air against his chest. A v-neck. As if a t-shirt wasn't bad enough. Despite the situation, Lee was fairly uncomfortable in the shirt, and figured he'd change it when he got home. Turning back to Austin with lips in a thin line, he motioned toward the box with his head.

"If you find anything, let me know. I'm leaving first." Lee slowly rubbed the back of his neck as he spoke, turning his eyes to the office door, thoughts of writing down the evidence on his whiteboards making him feel slightly relaxed. Without hesitating for much longer, Lee turned on his heel and left through the door, letting it close behind him before he headed to the exit...

Austin Gallagher
Austin had checked and, again, found nothing. Then, for the first time in forever, he slept. Which was great, because in the morning, he honestly thought it was going to be a good day! He did. Unfortunately, that didn't turn out to be the case, because as soon as he stepped out, he was confronted by a few officers and the chief, apparently having something to 'talk to him about'. Which never, never, ever boded well for anyone at his end of things. So the good feeling he had gotten already flew out the window at a rapid pace.

He soon learned a few things. One: It appeared nobody at the station appreciated him. Two: He was off the case, because he was giving a bad impression to Lee, and because he was too reckless. Three: He was being kicked out of the office. So his good day switched over to bad day real fast, leaving him to call up his cousin- bless her goddamn soul, because she was a SAINT for giving him the option to stay with her -and pack up the office so he could hightail it out of there.

Which is what he was doing right now. Packing, that is. Thankfully he had boxes and such, or he'd be in big trouble. He didn't have much personal stuff to pack anyway, though. As he stuffed things into the boxes, he thought over what to do next. He wasn't about to ditch the case. Hell no! Now he just had to do it without resources and help. Again. And he had to sneak around. Again. He groaned a bit, hitting his head onto the desk sitting in front of him. This case would totally be the case that killed him.

BbVwKrcCYAAQrHb.jpg

Looking down at his phone, Lee furrowed his brow at the text message. It was from one of the other investigators:

'Dude! Good news! Chief took Austin off the case! Now you can just relax and do the case at your own pace.'

Lee set his jaw and cursed to himself. Slapping his phone against the counter, he quickly walked to his room. Slipping on a crimson red dress shirt, he tucked in into his black jeans, rolling the cuffs quickly before buttoning it up. Grabbing his phone on the way out, he slipped on his shoes and hurried into the elevator. Once he got outside the building, Lee quickly jogged to his car before getting inside. Shoving an ear piece onto his ear, he called the investigator who sent him the message as he pulled from the parking lot.

"Jason. What happened?"

"Chief saw you were having a tough time with Austin so she kicked him from the office and off the case."

Lee Set his jaw and rolled his eyes in annoyance. Perfect. Right when he found a somewhat decent, and that was putting it lightly, partner, they kicked him out. The detective hung up the phone without another word and tossed the ear piece into the passenger's seat, narrowing his eyes at the road ahead. "Great. More people getting in the way of my work. Everything was fine until they changed everything." Lee growled under his breath. He just wanted to get this case done, but it seemed like everyone was just getting in the way.

Pulling up to the department, Lee stepped inside and walked to Austin's office door. He was sure that the male hadn't left yet. After all, in order to finish the case, as much as he hated to admit it, Lee needed Austin's help. He was ticked, to say the least. He hated when people made decisions for him. Even if kicking Austin off the case wasn't solely because of Lee's views, he knew it was probably one of the factors.

"God. Why can't people just mind their own business?" Lee muttered to himself, his eyes narrowed as he stepped up to Austin's office. Rapping his knuckles against the door, Lee stood, his foot tapping before his crossed his arms over his chest. "Austin, it's me."

Austin Gallagher
Oh. Great. Just what he needed right now. He closed the cardboard box, before picking up the small, wooden one and heading to the door. He opened it and leaned against the frame, holding out a hand with the aforementioned box in it. After all, he couldn't keep it now, so it was best if he handed it over while he could. Whatever, right?

"Hi. Welcome to my not-office, the place of my not-home and my not-job." He said dryly "Not sure if you heard, but I do not work here. I am gone. Poof. They'll probably assign you a new, better partner soon- cheers to you, I'd be happy to lose me too pal -and they'll fill this office space, BUT, as of now, there is nothing here for you. Except the box. Found nothing, as I usually do, so please take the damned thing before it brings me more bad luck."

Okay, so he was a bit sour, but all his statements were obviously not directed at Lee. Well, he hoped Lee knew that, at least. Just because the other may dislike him doesn't mean it was the same vice versa. He was actually- grudgingly, mind you -fond of the guy. Again, he wouldn't admit that out loud, but he wasn't about to try and offend the guy right now.

BbVwKrcCYAAQrHb.jpg

At the sight of Austin, Lee felt his gaze soften ever so slightly, but quickly regained his composure after hearing the male talk. He didn't blame the other for being so bitter. Looking down at the wooden box, Lee felt his chest rise and fall slowly as a sigh left his lips. Taking the box in his hands, he looked back at Austin before turning to look down the hall. He was sure the chief didn't want him to associate with someone that was kicked off the case.

Before someone could see him, Lee pushed his way past Austin, making his way into the office. Seeing the boxes inside caused the detective to tilt his head, his eyes narrowing more. Despite not really liking the other male too much, he thought it was too cruel for them to take his office away. After all, it was the place he had been living. Turning to Austin, Lee crossed his arms over his chest, slowly turning his head to the side as he looked over the male.

"Honestly, at this point, I'd rather do the case myself than to get another partner. Trying to figure you out was enough trouble as it is. It really isn't worth the trouble to work with another stranger who could be much worse than you." Lee spoke slowly, mainly to himself, but voiced it for the other to hear. Looking around the office, the detective felt a bit bad for Austin, in all honesty. Who wouldn't? Well, obviously the chief and the other investigators.

"So. Do you plan to keep working on the case?" Lee asked mindlessly as he walked to the desk, picking up a random object and turning it in his hand, looking over it aimlessly. Taking a few more steps around the desk, he set the object down before grabbing a loose pen, twirling it in his fingers. "After all, I don't see the point in working with anyone else. It would just be a waste of my efforts." Lee added, wondering if Austin would catch on to what he was proposing. To see what he would say, Lee lifted his gaze to the male on the other side of the room, lifting an eyebrow slightly as he continued to twirl the pen, his lips set in a thin line as always.

Austin Gallagher
Austin was, to say the least, surprised. And it showed, from the look a pure shock on his face. Slowly, though, he broke out into a unsure laugh, eyeing Lee suspiciously "Sir, I do believe you've forgotten your lines. You were supposed to say 'God, I hated Austin and his shitty personality and humor, the chief's decision is a blessing, thank god for the little things. I can't wait to get back to being the lone hot detective, oh boy'." He said, eyes narrowed, before he fell back to frowning and crossed his arms.

"Seriously, though, are you asking for the chief or something? Look, I know she wants me gone badly, I'm not my dad, but hell, she could be a lil' nicer. Like, I don't know, giving me a day warning? And not investigating me?" He sighed "Jeesus christ, one guy tries to pull a batman act and suddenly everyone hates him. Anyway, look, just let me pack my boxes, alright? What I do on my free time is my business." He walked to the boxes once more.

Yea, he didn't believe for a second Lee was honestly offering that. At this point, this seemed to be exactly something the department would do to him. Not shocking, but also not uplifting. They could go fuck themselves. He was going to get in their way just to spite them, and they probably knew that if they were pulling something like this.

BbVwKrcCYAAQrHb.jpg

At hearing Austin's words, Lee closed his eyes and calmed himself from retorting. After all, why would he believe him? To him, he must seem like the goodie-two-shoes who pranced around the chief because of how much of a 'pro' he was. God, did he hate that. Opening his eyes once more, Lee made his way around the desk and toward the boxes, his jaw set tight. As much as he felt bad for Austin, he wasn't going to just sit there and be branded like that.

Pressing his hands on one of the boxes directly in front of Austin, Lee leaned forward toward the male, his eyes locked in a deadly gaze toward the other. Keeping his face and body still for a few moments, Lee kept himself calm in order to not rub Austin the wrong way... if that was even possible.

"Look. I don't care what decisions you make in your private life, but let's get something clear. I'm not someone that lets others make decisions for me. Especially if that means switching out my partners without asking me about it. I only came here to solve cases, not to get on anybody's good side. I could care less what the chief or the others think of me. All I want is to finally get this case done without anymore interruptions." Lee spoke in a monotone, his eyes slowly narrowing at Austin as he spoke. Once he finished he slowly moved to stand up, lifting his head a bit as he glanced over Austin's face. Needless to say, he was a bit defensive on the topic. Countless times, he had people judge him because of how the higher-ups treated him.

"You're either with me or not. It's just a simple offer. Our personal feelings have nothing to do with it, and we've already gotten enough evidence as it is. I'm just asking if you want to keep working on it with me, since you seem like the type to not drop a case like it's nothing." Lee added, slowly moving his jaw side to side before absentmindedly adjusting his right cuff, keeping his gaze on Austin the entire time. He was done playing games. His work was important to him, and in all honesty, Austin was skilled in what he did to get evidence and information. Even if it wasn't exactly legal. Narrowing his eyes, Lee slowly turned his gaze down to his cuffs, moving to adjust his left one. It seemed that since this case started, his habits had gotten worse...

Austin Gallagher
There was a few short moments where Austin narrowed his eyes right back at Lee, but that soon ended with an eye roll "Of course I'm still investigating, it ain't like I'm a idiot." He grumbled, leaning on his desk "But, we probably can't work together, considering I'm going to be living with my cousin, which means I'll be sneaking around more than usual because she would NOT let me do this."

It was true. Andrea- bless her soul again, no matter what he was about to think next -would skin him alive and then throw the rest of his body to the hounds if she found out he was still working the case. Actually, she'd probably do worse. She hadn't wanted him to take this job anyway, hence why she got a house here in the first place, and when he's finally out of it, she'd do everything in her power to keep him out of it.

He really didn't want to be stabbed by his cousin. He didn't want to be the next body on the forensics lab table. So he'd have to be careful, which meant less time to investigate, which sucked. Another bad thing, he was DEFINITELY not getting paid now. Less time? Less money? Less happy Austin. After this was all over, he was just going to go and work at a 7-11 or something. Or curl up and die. Both were similar options, so he'd see which came first.

BbVwKrcCYAAQrHb.jpg

Watching Austin move over to his desk, Lee allowed his eyes to roll before shutting them as he listened to the other talk. Honestly... it was like he had to spell out everything for him. Slowly rolling his head in a circle, the detective moved to the wall and leaned against it, letting his head fall back against the wall. Everything in his mind was screaming for him to just keep his mouth shut and leave. As always, he was more worried about wasting time than anything else. Opening his eyes once more, Lee turned to look over Austin, his head still leaning against the brick wall. Instead of his usual hardened expression, he looked almost a bit defeated with the whole situation. He just wanted to get back to work.

"Just tell your cousin you're going to stay with..." Lee paused, suppressing the urge to just leave the office entirely. More than anything, the male enjoyed his privacy and his flat was his area. His place to be calm and relaxed. However, in order to keep Austin working with him, he was sure it was the only way... unfortunately. "... a colleague." Lee finished, keeping his eyes on Austin before turning them away and sighing.

"Plus. We don't know what could happen, considering the murderer knows who we both are." the detective added, lifting his gaze to the tiled ceiling, letting his eyes trace over the tiny cracks. He really didn't even know what he was proposing. Everything he was saying was going against all of his standards, and it irritated him a bit, to say the least. However, when it came to his work, he'd rather get it done any way possible than to run into even more difficulties. "This way we can work without the chief and your cousin getting involved. The quicker we finish the case, the better, don't you think?"

Austin Gallagher
".....You're full of surprises today." Austin said, raising an eyebrow, before shrugging "Alright, sure. I only have one box of stuff, so I won't take up that much space. And since this'll be done quicker this way, I'll be out of your hair before you know it."

It was probably time to show off the files for his father's case, at this point. Lee probably already knew, but still, it might have evidence in it. Maybe it was time to let go of it. Well, a little. Not completely. Just enough to use the files to his advantage so they could both get on with their lives. He closed up the box, sealing it with tape and glancing around to see if he missed anything. It didn't look like it, so he assumed he was fine. Hopefully. He really didn't want to find out he left something here.

BbVwKrcCYAAQrHb.jpg

Finally. Lee felt a sigh of relief raise his chest, and he slowly nodded at Austin's words. He was right. This way, they could move on with their lives. Austin could go on and do his own thing, and Lee would probably stick with solving cases... like always.

Looking at Austin's one box, Lee pressed his lips into a thin line and couldn't help but scan the male's office once more. It was hard to think that those were his only belongings. Turning back to Austin, the detective placed his hand on the top of the box. "At least it won't take up much space. My car's only so big." Lee said simply, glancing at Austin before sighing and heading to the office door.

"Alright, let's go. I've wasted enough time as it is, and there's a bit more evidence I--" Lee caught himself as he opened the door, having to rephrase his sentence, "--we, have to put together." the detective finished before turning into the hall, making sure that the door wouldn't slam shut on the other male while he carried his box. Sure that he would follow, Lee walked out to his car and started it up, turning up the air conditioner so that they both wouldn't have to sit in a hot car.

Austin Gallagher
Austin did follow and got in the car as quickly as possible. He probably should be less sarcastic from now on. After all, the guy was letting him stay at his place; Austin didn't want to mess this up. He probably would anyway, considering he was himself, but he could at least TRY not to, right? Right. So he'd just mentally kick himself if he said something that happened to be way out of line.

Which was basically everything he ever said, so he ended up sitting there in silence. Uncomfortable silence, at least for him. Probably not for Lee, that guy seemed like the type to be fine with no conversation. To each their own, right? For conversation, he could call up his cousin later, when he was out smoking or something. Or, as she would put it, out killing himself. She had such a way with words.

She was basically the voice of reason he never had. Any and all words coming from her usually were related to him doing something dangerous and telling him to stop. 'Austin, don't annoy that guard', 'Austin, be careful on the jungle gym, you're a full-grown adult', and 'Austin, don't launch pears off the top of the dorm building with your chemistry equipment, you'll break another window' were some of the many things said to him. She never really did understand the meaning of 'fun'.

BbVwKrcCYAAQrHb.jpg

On the car ride, it was more quiet than Lee would've expected. Not that he was complaining, of course. It was a nice atmosphere to him, minus the slight awkwardness that seemed to fill the car. After about five minutes of driving, The building came into view, and the detective felt slightly more relaxed at the thought of being inside his flat. Once he got to the parking lot, Lee parked and stepped outside, taking in a deep breath of the air.

Heading into the building, Lee stopped at the lady at the counter and let her know the arrangements for him and Austin. Since he was a well-paying resident, she didn't seem to have a problem and upon request, gave him a sticky note with a pen. Without hesitating, he wrote down his number to unlock his door, and put it in his pocket. He'd give it to Austin when his hands weren't full.

Stepping in the elevator, he waited for Austin before pressing on the '11', one of the higher floors. He had always liked the view, so he didn't mind living so high up. Once the elevator stopped, Lee got out and walked down the longer hall, stopping at one of the last doors. Pressing his number into the lock pad, he heard the 'ding' before the sound of his door unlocking before stepping inside.

"Feel free to make yourself comfortable. Your room is at the end of the hall, so feel free to unpack." Lee spoke as he slipped his shoes off at the entryway, as it was Korean custom in most homes there. Inside, it was neat... and quite organized. There wasn't stray clothes lying around or unclean dishes laying in the sink. The sight made Lee feel relaxed as he looked around before stepping inside. Turning to look at Austin, he was glad he had cleaned the rooms of his flat recently, which meant the guest room was most likely just as clean as the living room.

"Ah. I'll be in the evidence room, so you can meet me in there once you've settled in. It's the door on the left, before yours." Lee said before nodding a bit and turning on his heel. He walked into the said room and turned on the lamps spaced around the room, giving the room a warm and comfortable glow, despite the gruesome evidence written on the boards. Papers were stuck with thumb tacks and the whiteboards were littered with information, neatly scattered, of course. And equipment was laid out on certain tables, giving the illusion that it should've been a room in the police department.

Grabbing the red marker, Lee got started with linking the evidence together as he waited for Austin...

Austin Gallagher
Austin had his own room. This was about the freakiest thing he had experienced. He was used to sleeping on a couch, not a bed. Slowly, he entered the guest room, and set down his box. Then, after pausing a moment, he took off the jacket- mostly because it was fucking hot and he wanted to actually feel comfortable for once -and decided just to wear a tank top instead. Afterwards, grabbing the file, he walked out and then entered the other room where Lee was.

It was way too organized for his liking, but he wasn't all that surprised. Lee was calculating, he wasn't one to have a messy apartment like Austin would, if he had one. This was probably a better set up anyway, and it wasn't his place, so he wouldn't say anything about it. He watched Lee write for a few moments, leaning against a wall, genuinely curious about what he was writing. But, however, not curious to watch silently the whole time.

"Soooo.....got anything new?" He decided to ask, deciding that was a good on-topic, non-snarky question to ask. Maybe a little annoying, but it could be worse, right? Austin always had worse things to say in his head.

BbVwKrcCYAAQrHb.jpg

The sudden sound of Austin's voice caused the detective to pause his writing, turning to the side. He turned his eyes to the male leaning against the wall, and couldn't help but look over the other's appearance. He had always worn that big jacket, so it was a total difference to see him in a tank. Well, any guy, for that matter. Lee wasn't exactly the most social of people.

At Austin's question, Lee slowly cocked his head as he turned the marker in his hands, narrowing his eyes slightly, but not in a threatening manner. It was surprisingly quite tame. Slowly, Lee twisted at the marker cap. "Well... other than the wooden box, I'm not quite sure. I just know that these can't be coincidental..." the male turned his gaze to the side, looking at the wall as he spoke. Afterward, he looked back at Austin, seeing the file in the male's hands. Lee's brow furrowed as it piqued his interest and curiosity, but he wondered if he should ask. Deciding to just go with it, Lee felt his brow return to normal, his gaze lazy before he turned back to the whiteboard.

"Is that a file for the case, or...?" Lee asked nonchalantly, as if he could care less about the answer. However, on the contrary, he was quite curious, but knew that it may have been something touchy. Opening the marker, Lee's chest rose and fell with a silent sigh before he started writing a few small thoughts on the side as he waited.

Austin Gallagher
Okay, no, he was not explaining the file out loud. Instead, he simply dropped it on the table and stretched out a bit, trying to appear nonchalant about the whole situation. He wasn't, obviously, and his chest had constricted in a way it hadn't in a while, the prospect of sharing this with someone other than his family overwhelming him slightly. Sure, officers had seen it and such, but he wasn't the one to show it to them. This time, though, he was doing the showing, and that made it feel a fuckton worse.

"Ah, you know, light reading material for you. It isn't on this case, but it's on something similar. Thought you might be able to make a few connections, so I grabbed it out of the office before I left." He said, shrugging. Hopefully Lee wouldn't say anything about the fact that it was his dad's murder file. Austin trusted he wouldn't, but then again, he wasn't completely sure. Lee didn't seem the type, but Austin really didn't know the guy yet, so it was really unknown.

BbVwKrcCYAAQrHb.jpg

Lee slowly turned back around, placing the marker down as he stepped toward the table, picking up the file in his hands. He kept suspicious eyes on Austin before he opened it and pulled out its contents, which happened to be a case file. Unknowingly, he felt his brow furrow as he started reading. The room filled with a peaceful silence as Lee read over the case, keeping his mouth shut tight from saying anything. So, he had been right. It must've been a touchy subject after all...

No wonder it was related to the case. It could also be one of the reasons why the murderer knew Austin. It was a big leap to assume that, but Lee wasn't going to skip any possibilities this time around. After finishing with the file, the detective's chest rose and fell once more in a silent sigh before gently placing the papers back inside the file. Momentarily, Lee glanced up at Austin from the file and pressed his lips together. It must've been tough. Remembering back, he remembered the chief saying something about 'personal affairs' when dealing with the case. This must've been the reason.

"I see. This actually gives us a bit more of an outlook on how this case could be related to you. After all, the murderer knew the both of us somehow, and that message for us just helps ties your father's case to this one." Lee spoke in a quieter tone, unsure if he was saying too much on the subject. He never was able to test boundaries with people, so he often went too far at times without meaning to. Deciding that it was probably still a raw topic for Austin, Lee pressed his lips together before holding the file back out to him.

"What do you think? I mean, obviously the murderer knows who we are, but there's also the hidden box with the birth certificate of the child. I'm not sure how the two click, but I feel like the murderer was directly associated with some people of the deceased family long before." Lee decided to switch topics up in hopes that the other male wouldn't linger too much on his father's case. However, he himself couldn't fathom how terrible it must feel to know the case might be somewhat similar to the death of a loved one.

Austin Gallagher
Annnd the fact that it was his dad's murder case was brought up. How peachy. Austin would just have to add that to the list of things he was so grateful for in this world, right alongside 'stress' and 'no sleep'. And 'spiders'. He couldn't forget the sunshine in his already-bright life that was 'spiders'.

He'd survive, though. Especially since the subject was changed. Now that? That was something he could be HONESTLY thankful for. He could easily take his mind off other things if he ran his mouth about something else. For example, the case at hand, and the thing not related to his dad. That would work splendidly for him. However, he really needed to figure out a good response first, so he didn't seem completely stupid.

"Well, it could just be a misleading box, too." He replied, shrugging a little once more "Or, like, this could be a group of people? Working together? Co-murderers or something? I have no idea, but your feeling about this is better than mine." Which was totally true. He wasn't sure what was going on at this point. "I'm just the guy who has a knack for breaking, entering, and then finding stuff. Not always in that order, of course."

Status
Not open for further replies.