Remnants - An Apocalyptic Roleplay - Signups

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
If you want character interaction, somewhere near another character
Otherwise up to you

sorry I haven't posted yet everyone, I'm throwing up a hopefully good intro.. but it's taking a while :]

@PureKor May I ask as to whether you actually know Russian, or are you using some sort of a translator?

@Blue Jay I will do my best to post as soon as I have some time free, because the university started again and it's quite busy. While we're at it, though, could we have some standard for posts enforced? I don't want to be mean, but 2-3 liners aren't really interesting to read, and after all the RP is set to Intermediate, right?

@PureKor May I ask as to whether you actually know Russian, or are you using some sort of a translator?

@Blue Jay I will do my best to post as soon as I have some time free, because the university started again and it's quite busy. While we're at it, though, could we have some standard for posts enforced? I don't want to be mean, but 2-3 liners aren't really interesting to read, and after all the RP is set to Intermediate, right?

Hey.
Nope it's just for character since she has some Russian background( she will speak some Russian occasionally ) and yes, I do use an translator for that xD

I see. Then you wouldn't mind if I correct your sentences, would you? Russian is very close to my native language and I have studied it for some time. "Где он ? Он знает, что я ненавижу просыпаться. Я становиться страшно еще раз." has some mistakes that make it a bit difficult to convey the actual sense. "Где он? Он знает, что я ненавижу просыпаться в одиночестве. Мне снова становиться страшно." would be the correct way of saying it. But.. now that I think of it, it doesn't matter, really, since no-one speaks Russian anyhow haha.​

I appreciate your effort anyways xD

I put the English phrase in brackets as seen, even if the translator is not that good lol. I won't use very often, just sometimes.

No worries ^^

@Aleksandar Yes I wasn't being very particular with acceptances because I wanted people to join, but now that I feel we have a good group I agree that a standard should be enforced

• Thank You
Reactions: Jargo
bow.jpg
My Name Is:Leroy Foster
But feel free to call me:Lee
I've been called:an Asshole:from many people who meet me,because of my frustration with this HELL world,
Protective:when it started,he protected his baby girl,till a swat agent killed her (on accident)
Athletic:he worked out allot,played hockey and basketball,and a little bit of football
Negative:When he was in a group of four,he kept saying that they were dragging him down and telling them things won't work
Thoughtful:he cared about his whole family,before he lost all of them

My life so far:i was born in Toronto Ontario,i had a great life out there,until my mother died of breast cancer,then my dad became an alcoholic,he also died when drunk driving,i was sent to New York City,my foster parents were
strict and i hated my life,i got a job and got an apartment,i met a girl named Sasha and we fell in love,we had a child,and that's when hell went loose,my girl friend got the virus,and she tried to bite me,i ran out of the house with my child,and their were sirens,burning cars,and people eating other people,i kept running through when a swat agent accidentally shot my daughter when he thought i was one of those monsters,a few moths later i am surviving on my own,after the two groups i was in all died,
i've been blessed:other than surviving this world,i had no blessing,i lost everyone that i got close to has died,I now try to survive alone and avoid other groups,so to put it short,I had no blessings,no luck,maybe because they were too weak for this world,either way,i had no blessings
Which i value:I loved my daughter and my wife,i would do anything to see them again,allot of the time i have hallucinations about them
At which i despise: -seeing people around me die
-having hallucinations about my family
-Finding for my life in this world

What breaks me:i have been through too much for something to break me

Last edited:
Is character 4 already taken?

Is mibe okay because i've been waiting a while

oh damn, which characters are still open?

Name: Cliff Markov

Age 16

Appearance:
what_the_hell_s_going_on__by_hagazusa-d65xssj.png

Weapons: Home Made Knife, Pistol, Shotgun

Likes: Accurate Guns, Good Music, Killing Infected, Security

Dislikes: His Psychosis, Other People, Staying in One Place for too Long

How I've Survived: I killed.... I killed a lot of people..... Infected, not infected, innocents, criminals.... Nearly anyone that I came across. Soon I mellowed out... found a group. They got themselves killed. So I continued on. I survived. Nothing more.

turner.jpg

NAME: Joanna Rockwell
CALL ME: Sweetheart and you'll find a knife in your chest

PERSONALITY: Joanna is not a fighter. She endures, she is a survivor. Despite that, Joanna is
much more than your average blue-eyed doe. Her tongue is as sharp as her mind, and more
often than not has it caused her trouble. Basically, this woman does not know when to keep
her mouth
shut. Until she begins to understand you, Joanna is harsh; almost rude. Soon, you
will see her other side. The side that worries whether you've drank enough water, and the one
that laughs at her own jokes. She has a strong will to live, not just survive. And it's the little
things that make is easier to carry on. She will tell you the truth, even if it hurts because it
is the truth. Always expect and respect her honesty. One thing she will not tolerate is
disrespect. She also does not like people who are late and burnt toast.
BACKSTORY: Joanna was fourteen when her father was killed overseas. Jonathan Rockwell
charged into enemy territory, knowing he would die. He saved twenty-seven hostages and
gave his life for others. Jonathan was a wonderful man.He taught Joanna how to hunt, but
only to survive and never for sport. He was caring, always remembered important piano recitals
and judo tournaments. Jonathan made sure that his family knew they were loved and
cherished, right up until the day he died. Joanna lost her best friend that day, and vowed from
then on to honor his memory not by grieving and snivelling like a child. She worked hard to
prove herself more than just some little girl playing in the mud. Joanna literally had to fight her
way to the top, which is rather difficult for a 5'3", 127 lb girl. She joined the military at 21 after
getting a bachelor's degree in Sports Medicine, so she also has some medical knowledge in terms
of wrapping ankles and putting on band-aids. But mostly she is Army strong.

STRENGTHS: Five years of training and service in the military made Joanna exceptionally strong.
She may not be the best shot in the
garrison, but her knife handling and throwing skill are
bested by none. Only twice has she missed her target.. Being small and petite was never a weakness
in her mind. Joanna is agile, quick on her feet and still strong enough to survive. She does not
hesitate, and will always fight and defend her own. Even if it means sacrificing herself. Joanna
also makes fantastic garlic mashed potatoes, if that matters to you.
WEAKNESSES: One of her biggest weaknesses is her tendancy to piss people off. Sarcasm kind of
just slips out sometimes. Other than that she doesn't really have any other weaknesses. Well.. unless you count the fact that her knee is totally reconstructed and she has partial deafness in one ear duea bad car accident. It's the weakest part of her body, and often gives her trouble in daily life.
HER FEARS: Failure. Loss. The standard stuff. Honestly.. what she really fails is being left behind. The
thought of being alone in the world now is horrifying to her.

EQUIPMENT: Joanna keeps a military grade backpack with her at all times. She keeps five throwing
knives in a pouch on her belt, as well as two large tactical knives on either side of her hip. Other than that, she also has a military grade M16A2 assault rifle. Inside her backpack she
keeps only
the essentials for survival:
-Food
-Water filtration packets, as well as a water bottle filter
-Two walkie talkies
-Solar charged flashlight
-A small, cast iron skillet,
-Three extra pairs of warm socks
-Small blue tarp
-Swiss army pocket knife
-Medical kit
-Other extra essentials

I'm just gonna call it quits on #16 since no one else is in that group. Please forgive me for taking
twenty days to post #12.I promise never to take this long with posting anything. ;n;

Last edited:
I am finally back from the break I needed to take from things, and will be giving you some kind of profile today hopefully. I would really quite like to take up the role of 15 but I don't believe anyone else would want to play the other characters..

@Raine

Not true! I wanted to have #16 but called it quits on her because there was no one else in that group. So if you want #15, I'd be happy to reclaim #16 :)

did the rp die?

@justice hunt

Nope. Blue Jay said earlier in the week that she's a braids maid in a wedding until after Sunday so she wouldn't be able to post much.

At least I really hope it didn't die..