Relix - Fantasy | Action-Adventure Epic

O

OppositeInverse

Original poster
Zhou_Shuo_06.jpg

I have a really fascinating idea for a long-term RP epic that's based off the 3 biggest genres on the site: Fantasy, Action-Adventure, and Romance (Secondary). I have in mind sort of a fantasy based Avengers/Power Rangers mashup in concept, that would revolve around a very select few of people attaining an ancient power called Relix, which broke itself into six energies in the form of orbs. I'm not sure if everyone/anyone will start off with the power, which could spark the quest of running into them or giving characters motive to. The setting will be medieval fantasy based, and I'm open to supporting other races than humans. There will be kingdoms and such, but that won't really be the main focus of the RP. The RP will focus on one/each of the Relix surfacing, for unknown reasons which the characters will become a part of. The story of the Relix goes:

[fieldbox="The Relix, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]

Long ago, before Man and Mal were roaming the Gaia, there existed a universal energy with magical and astounding properties. Some scholars believe this source to be why we have life and all that was do as a civilization today. It is called The Relix. Before the walk of human (mortal) or humal (beast) kind, there existed a race called the Malman, a primitive mix or beast and mortal blooded beings. It was said that the Relix lived and breathed through the planet, sustaining the ascendant race, and the elements were born from their interaction with nature. Fire was born from The Relix's aggresion. Aqua was born from The Relix's tranquility. Wind was born from The Relix's apathy. Earth was born from The Relix's willpower. Darkness was born from The Relix's instinct. And, Light was born from The Relix's awareness. It was then that the Malman continued to interact with the planet of Gaia and repeatedly harass the natural order of The Relix. The Relix then created from itself of living energy physical beings to guide and humble the race with absolution. These beings were known as Relixian, and took to Gaia to keep the Malman in balance. The Relix assigned the first six Relixian created after his domain of elements to Gaia, they were known as the Draken. These imperceptibly powerful beings controlled the elements of Gaia, slowly breaking Malman from their instincts and habits.

Until one day, a Malman named Ghutyr led his brethren to slay a Relixian, contempt with despair of hunger and anger. The Malman slayed a Relixian, and drank its blood as a cardinal sin to Gaia and The Relix. From this blood the Malman became increasingly stronger, more intelligent, but Gaia was not happy. The Draken took to war with the Malman killing Relixian's, and a civil war ensued. More death on both sides, with Malman becoming stronger with every blood drop consumed. They began to develop the will to hunt, the blood changing some Malman into more primitive beasts in appearance, while the blood seemed to refine the skin and body of others. This created a separation in bloodlines, as the refined ones called themselves human, and the more fearful looking named themselves humal, both races with the same intelligence. Ghutyr knew the limitless Draken and their Relixian wouldn't cease until man and mal were wiped out, so as a means to an end, he offers his life to right the wrong he started, asking the Draken to take his soul. They obliged with malevolence, wanting to kill more even after he was gone, but Ghutyr had tricked them, devouring a baby Relixian just before The Draken feasted on his body, causing them to in turn eat one of their young. The Relix was then upset in balance and order, and emitted an explosion of its living energy throughout the land, wiping out Ghutyr and masses off Malman, Human, and Humal alike. The Draken themselves were also destroyed, but each of them left behind a small orb contained of their elemental essence. The first of Man and Mal to touch these gained the powers of The Draken and The Relix, and were known as The Hulix. They with extraordinary powers fought the last of Relixians and banished them forever. Through the ages it is said The Hulix have reincarnated in others, as the Elemental Relix wander from place to place, being to being, waiting to choose or be found. No one knows why. To this day scholars say it's The Relix recruiting those to revive The Relixians and Draken, but some say it's The Relix's way of maintaining its energy on Gaia, in the form of the races that killed its offspring long ago.

firerelix.png

The essence of aggression and fire, one said to wields this wields the fury of Gaia's core.
------
Draken - Pyrix

---

AquaRelix.jpg

Draken - Hydrix

One said to wield this power of grace and lucidness shows absolute enlightenment and renewal over all.

WindRelix.jpg

Draken - Aeroix

The power of pure instinct and primitive prowess strikes this wielder of ancient energy.

EarthRelix.jpg

Draken - Terraix

----

Beware of the might. There is no escaping Gaia.

DarkRelix.jpg

Draken - Umbraix

The holder of this lastly energy wields the dark of all this is lost and unknown, to ascend reality itself.

LightRelix.jpg

Draken - Lumaix

Said to be the breath of The Relix, the wielder of this energy is known to see all that is, and all that will be in radiating, virtually supreme power.

The Hulix are yet to be discovered, or seen. One can only imagine the transformation upon wielding such powers.

[/fieldbox]

Okay!!! I think that should be enough for interest lol. Anyone interested respond below or message me if you have any questions! I am not claiming a specific Relix nor am I allowing anyone else to. I want this RP to be epic and random, as The Relix's will choose who will become it's vessel, as well as our epic quest to find the other ones before more sinister agendas try to get their hands on them! I would be playing a human princess of a the Capital Kingdom. You can play whoever you'd like! a knight, a vagabond, a peasant, whatever! Other than human I'm thinking of the other races as:

Okay, anymore input/ideas I'm open to hearing.

DO NOT REQUEST TO BE A RELIX HOLDER/HULIX IF YOU CANNOT RP LONG TERM / FREQUENTLY. THEY ARE THE MAIN COMPONENTS OF THE PLOT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa. I'm interested!

This looks interesting. I will keep an eye on this.

Count me in as interested, though can I ask what's the posting frequency that you're going to be looking for?

I'd be interested in this, though I will need to know required post frequency to be sure I can be involved. Shouldn't have to much problem there though.

!! this sounds super cool and i'd be really interested! I do think I'd be able to post pretty frequently so I'd actually love to play a holder.

I'd be interested in playing a holder.

Ah, I'm interested in this! While I do think I'll be rather active, it's fine if the holders are full. The Wind Element does sound fun though, but we'll see.

Might I ask if I could make a butler/bodyguard to your character, the princess? I'm thinking of making a human character for this.

Thanks guys! Posting frequency would range from [once a day - once every two days] for holders, others can get more lenience.

Well, I can't be a holder then. I could probably play another character though.

I might be able to adhere to the posting requirements, though I'm not too sure about it. But I'll probably try it out.

Sweet~ I'm willing to be a holder then, and a non-holder if we find a need for those.

Cripes, something's come up IRl: I'm going to have to withdraw my interest. Good luck to the rest of ya'll, though.