Reign of Discord - When Silence Falls OOC

Well, honestly, either a person has the talent or he doesn't. It cannot be passed on through artefacts, but it can certainly be magnified. Perhaps she has a weak and latent spark of the talent and her tumultuous early life prevented it from manifesting. Melvin's blood(and perhaps its presence in the vial itself) could have been enchanted by the dying Maestro to function as you have described it, and, as a side-effect, allowed Odette's latent talent to blaze into life.

Until she can overcome her past though, that talent -might- just go back into dormancy if she loses the blood and the vial.
[MENTION=12]Mistletoe Fairy[/MENTION], [MENTION=69]Vay[/MENTION], and [MENTION=19]Torsty[/MENTION] owe me posts. [MENTION=19]Torsty[/MENTION], I'll skype something to you about the situation at the Citadel.

Great! I made some changes on the character sheet. Let's just say she has no idea that she has the spark, making her Fortitude vulnerable. I want her to develop throughout the story. How about the Power Seal? Can a Maestro seal any song in an item or another vial?

Looks good. You're free to post. :D

[MENTION=19]Torsty[/MENTION]: I sent you what I was going to send! Have you received it yet? xD.

My laptop just died....and I don't think I can afford staying online for now....Do what you wish about Odette...If you can wait till I figure something out, I'd be totally glad....but if not, understand. It has come such a shock to me....I'm really sorry.

[MENTION=3435]setti[/MENTION]: It's alright. These things happen. Odette will remain alive just so you can jump back in when you are able to.
[MENTION=69]Vay[/MENTION]: Are you going to post soon? I would say I don't mean to be pushy, but it has been about two weeks now.

Assuming this RP is still accepting members, I'd love to join up.

Quick question though; Are swordsingers allowed to use Dirges? Because I'm a big fan of the undead. ;)

We are still accepting members, indeed.

Swordsingers will never be consented to use Dirges as they are held by the hierarchy as Discordant.

[MENTION=2504]Phi Chisym[/MENTION], [MENTION=2221]Chronos[/MENTION], [MENTION=1567]Kaine[/MENTION], you guys still interested in this game?

I believe I'm going to have to pull out. My times been killed off again with Reality... But, I'm going to be a reader instead. Hopefully, when things are better for me, I'll be able to create a charrie for this - if you're in need of a bit of spice by that time... We shall see.

[MENTION=1567]Kaine[/MENTION]: Anything I can help with?
[MENTION=2504]Phi Chisym[/MENTION]: Aww. That's too bad. In any case, should your schedule loosen up, feel free to return.
[MENTION=69]Vay[/MENTION]: Your turn now, sir.

I should be fine, actually. I ought to have a character up by the weekend (unless I forget).

*whistles innocently and casually drops a character sheet here*

Name: Aedrin Bordelon
Nationality: Soranin

Appearance:
Years of living on the run from the time he was 11 have not been kind to him; for a while he was malnourished, living only on what he could steal. Once he got older and was strong enough in his Songs to begin making a living as a bounty-hunter, he was able to better provide for himself, but those early years have left their mark.

Aedrin is lean, almost scrawny, and shorter than average, though his limbs are lanky. His face is narrow, shrewd, and his expression often changes, from content to excited to furious; he makes no effort to conceal or even control his emotions. He's very active, so what mass he has is toned and hard, and his skin is tanned from spending the vast majority of his time out of doors. His hair is cropped short for easy maintenance, often windswept and messy, and ginger in colour. His eyes, piercing and intense in their focus, are a dark amber. He dresses in the most convenient manner of a traveler; durable leather boots, trousers and a tunic that are worn but hardy, a leather vest, and a durable, well-made cloak to protect from the elements. The boots, vest, and trousers are all brown, as is the leather belt that holds the trousers up. His cloak is a dark green colour, and his tunic is an off-white shade.

Short Background:
Aedrin was originally sent to the Swordsingers for training when he was 11; that was less out of a desire for him to learn magic, than it was to have some obedience beaten into him after his father had failed to do exactly that on his own. Aedrin was astonishingly even more unruly under the tutelage of the Swordsingers, and less than a year after he'd arrived, he ran away.

He had always leaned towards the Discordant side of the Song, a habit which the Swordsingers had despaired to try and break him of during his brief stay with them. Traveling out on his own, he took what little he'd learned and used it to start forging his own path towards learning to master the Song, though it was a difficult and arduous journey, not helped in the least by the fact that a child such as he, traveling alone with little in the way of supplies, did not have much going for him. Early on, he resorted to stealing to get by (something he was never proud of), and frequently used his first, barely-controlled and limited little Songs to create distractions that allowed him to escape capture. He had to stay on the road as much as possible with this method; he was aware of just how much trouble a renegade magic user could get into, thanks to his teachers amongst the Swordsingers having tried to frighten him into complacency. Eventually as he got older and began to learn a few, proper Songs, he found a calling for himself--bounties. He'd use his Songs to capture criminals and bring them in for a reward. He even fancied himself something of a hero, and did his best to conceal the Discordant aspect of his Songs in order to maintain this illusion. He always knew, however, that no one would ever respect or like a Discordant, no matter how much good they did.

Personality:
Aedrin is a true free spirit. He loves to wander and travel across the land, loves to practice his Songs at his own discretion and leisure, in whatever direction he chooses. He loves answering to no one but his own conscience, and doing whatever he finds entertaining and/or fulfilling. But he has a very fiery temper, easy sparked, and is always ready for combat; he enjoys battle, and will ride in with a lusty, full-voiced Warsong at a moment's notice. Any attempt to assert command over him will be met with an immediate backlash; there's no surer way to ensure he won't do something, than to order him to do it (or vice versa). He acts impulsively, reacts rashly and without thought, and while he often does attempt to approach known situations with some semblance of a plan, those plans are rarely very detailed, and are thrown out the window the moment something unexpected crops up, leaving him acting once again almost purely on instinct and reflex. He's lucky in that years of having been on the run and practicing his chosen path of Song has granted him a couple of specific advantages over others, as many times, the sheer power of a Discordant Song has been all that has saved him from a poorly-thought plan that went south very, very quickly.

Band: Maestro

Equipment:
Aedrin typically wields a mace; he's fully aware that this breaks Maestro tradition amongst Swordsingers (a fact which he enjoys) but he actually has practical reasons for his choice. He didn't stay with the Swordsingers long enough to receive any formal weapons training, and staves, the typical weapon of choice for Maestros, are long and unwieldy to use if you don't know how. On the other hand, a mace is simple and easy to learn; you bash someone over the head with it, and the fight is over! It's a ball of spiky death on a stick, what more could you ask for?

He also carries basic supplies like trail rations and a canteen of clean water, and he never goes anywhere without some rope, for those bounties he must bring back alive; all of these carry easily enough in his pack.

Magical Abilities:
Aedrin has only received the most rudimentary of formal training in the art of Singing. Every spell he currently uses, he largely made up himself, over years of trial and error (sometimes with disastrous results). He's strong enough in the Song that some things come to him intuitively; being Discordant especially makes it easier to discover aspects of Song. However, it also makes things harder to master, which largely limits him to shorter, simpler Songs. Being a baritone, he can't go to any of the true extremes in pitch, but his Discordant Songs tend to travel all across his available range in their short melodies.

?????
Aedrin belts out a roaring, dissonant Song that sounds less like song and more like the cry of a beast. In addition to inspiring fear in those that hear it, this Song allows him to throw fireballs at his enemies.

?????
An ululating series of wails that peaks often at the top of his range, this frightening song is one Aedrin uses to create a chill wind of frost he aims at his enemies.

?????
A deep and especially dissonant 'melody' that causes the ground to shake beneath an enemy's feet with each low and vibrating note. This is the hardest one for Aedrin to use, as, despite the inherent power boost Discordant songs have, it's difficult for him to reach a volume at that low pitch that can cause an effective earthshake.

?????
A paean he sometimes sings when he's in an especially good mood, just for the sheer joy of singing. It's the only song he knows that has lyrics; a rather lewd and lusty drinking song, with a 'melody' which he made up himself, that, though by no means beautiful in any way shape or form, has been known to lift the spirits and revitalize one's energy.

Yeah I'm just going to have to pull out here. Maestro is all I could really play well and at this point they outnumber every other class (Can't blame anyone, Black Mage is always the best class :P). Unless you find yourself needing non-swordsinger players later on, I don't think I can do this.

That said, if you find yourself in need of a discordant or some such down the road, I'll come running. ^^

Yeah I'm just going to have to pull out here. Maestro is all I could really play well and at this point they outnumber every other class (Can't blame anyone, Black Mage is always the best class :P). Unless you find yourself needing non-swordsinger players later on, I don't think I can do this.

That said, if you find yourself in need of a discordant or some such down the road, I'll come running. ^^

How many of the Maestros are out of action? Mine is until my playing partner is able to post for their Instrument. And I think there was another that left the RP?

[MENTION=1567]Kaine[/MENTION]: There really aren't any currently active maestros in the roleplay... Non-swordsinger characters are okay, as long as you can give me a good reason for why they will be going to the Citadel. [MENTION=2818]Faulkner[/MENTION]'s character was something I was plotting with him for the longest time now, so that's why he was able to put in that character(who happens to be Discordant).

[MENTION=69]Vay[/MENTION]: Your turn to post now!