Reign of Discord - When Silence Falls OOC

[MENTION=2866]Romulus[/MENTION], I hope you don't mind if I bring our characters together in the next post. xD.

[MENTION=1193]Malkuthe Highwind[/MENTION]: No, I don't mind at all

Postie for you, Mr. [MENTION=2866]Romulus[/MENTION]

Should I wait for more people to join the roleplay before replying?

Nah, reply away. At this point people can still join in whenever. Once we get to the citadel or further from Cataline it'll be more complicated for anyone wanting to join.

Alright, will do. Just give me until later tonight or tomorrow at the latest. I'm not feeling very creative right now. I don't want to write a crappy post for you to have to reply to.

*Shakes everyone else who hasn't posted yet*

Name: Jarmil Chovanec

Nationality: Citadel

Appearance:
archer-male-518x800.jpg

Short Background:
One would not exaggerate if claiming that Jarmil was born to become a Swordsinger. His family have been in the order for more than a hundred years, always keeping a presence in the Citadel. The Chovanec's legacy is known throughout the Citadel, connotative with high-ranking Instruments. That is why he caused quite the controversies when he as a Mockingjay choose to become a Marksman against all suggestions from his mentors.

The times when people were shocked to hear of the Chovanec-boy who chose a different path are now gone. And, to his own surprise, Jarmil's parents quickly adjusted favorably to his decision. Jarmil is considered as true a Chovanec as any of his relatives, which of there are many.

Like himself in his younger days, most of them are stationed outside the Citadel. Jarmil spent his youth touring most of the eight kingdoms, even living with the Windsingers and a tribe of Treesingers at different periods. But it is the Citadel that the Chovanec have called home for as long as anyone can remember. And so it was that eventually Jarmil ventured home and became the Band Conductor of the Marksmen in Citadel.

The death of his life-long partner makes him an odd case, but the Choirmaster has decided not to force a new partner on to him, as of yet.

Personality:
Jarmil is the kind of person that likes to involve and get involved with the action. This does not necessarily make him an aggressive person, think of him more as kind hearted.
Band: Marksman
Equipment/Magical Abilities:

Torsty: Approved! :D

[MENTION=2866]Romulus[/MENTION]: Will you be posting soon?

@Malkuthe Highwind: I apologize for not posting when I planned that I would. A lot of work came up and then I took a few days off to spend with my family for the Thanksgiving holiday. Now I'm back to studying and might not have a lot of time to post anytime soon. You have my permission to post on my behalf. Again, I'm sorry about the long delay. I hope to return soon.

I promise I'll post this weekend, guys. Schoolwork just got to me, as well as preparations for a major debate that has twice been postponed already. Anyway, I hope you guys haven't grown bored of Reign of Discord, just that RL has been a bitch.

Thats okay, you should put the blame on somebody else though, like....Logo! Thats what all good GMs do, never make the faults about yourself! =)

I simply refuse to accept the blame for this thing. I'm actually, maybe, most likely, probably, pulling out from the RP. Not because of anything. The RP's great. But I just haven't the ... whatchumacallit... drive? passion? guts? whatever the fuck it is to move my characters or to have them grow or whatever the hell is necessary for them to actually move. I totally love the premise and everything. I'm just... not feeling it, y'know?

I read the prologue and I knew I just had to be part of all this. But being new and all, I have some questions: Are you still accepting characters now that the IC is up [forgive me, but I have no idea what an IC means]? And if so, are you already accepting a Skylark? I'm thinking of becoming a danser.

Stupid me. I had no idea there was a Page 3. Hahahaha! But my questions still remain, even more so now that people are thinking of leaving. Hmm. And I really wanted to join.

IC stands for In-Character, the thread where the actual RP-ing happens. Yes, I'm still accepting characters and people owe me posts, go ahead and make one if you wish.

Hope you'll accept my character. I made some interpretations about the powers of the song; I hope you don't mind. I needed a strength and weakness and Melvin's Blood is the only creative way I could think of. If I did something wrong, please tell me so.

***Updated. Changes are in Cyan.

Name: Odette Morlow-Wyverly
Nationality: Renala
Short Background:
Odette is the bastard daughter of Knight Maestro Calvin, Swordsinger of House Wyverly, cousin to the House Lupendren. Calvin died as a hero, protecting the peace, during one of the heated skirmishes between Renala and Dovry. His death left eight-year-old Odette to the care of his noble-born wife, Mesyl. But care was the last thing Mesyl provided her with.

Odette worked as a slave of House Morlow for eight years. Although Mesyl constantly lashed at her without reason, her son, Melvin, treated her like family.

Two years younger than Odette, Melvin showed promise of becoming a powerful Maestro, probably even greater than his father once was, but Melvin never wanted the power and the responsibility that came with it. Odette, meanwhile, coveted what her half-brother had; she had no such power although she waited for any sign of her awakening every day.

One day, she followed found Melvin dying in a clearing a short distance from the Wyverly abode. He had struck himself and bled to death in powerless Odette's arms. But before he gave his last breath, he handed her a tiny vial containing three drops of his blood. It will make the keeper inherit his power, Melvin said and added further instructions on its use. His last words were: "You be the next Wyverly Swordsinger."

For fear of being captured and tried as a murderer, Odette fled to Dovry, sure that Mesyl's soldiers will have a hard time getting inside Renala's opposing kingdom. From Dovry, she journeyed to the Citadel and trained to become the Maestro Melvin didn't want to be.

To avoid being recognized, she takes the surname of her mother, Morlow, who died while giving birth.

Personality:
Odette's years of slavery had made her strong, industrious and easy to recognize authority. All this helped her breeze through her training, and after a year, she becomes a Skylark.

In training and tasks, she remains quiet and steadfast but in free times, she lets herself loose, making up for the childhood she never had.

Despite her strength, shame and dishonor haunt Odette both in her sleep and accomplishments. She believes the power people admire her for is not her own. Little does she know that Melvin's Blood simply magnified her own Maestro spark which flowed in her veins. Unless she realizes this, she will forever be dependable on the vial. Her Preceptor has noticed this dent in her Fortitude but could never put a finger on it.

She takes on anyone who bullies an innocent in front of her but she seems blind to her situation when she becomes the victim.

Band: Maestro
Equipment:
Melvin's Vial
Attaching it with a leather string, Odette wears the Vial underneath her clothes at all times. It holds both her strength and weakness. Strength, because taking a drop of blood will lend her Melvin's full power and magnify any song channeled through her. Weakness, because if the vial is not with her person or all three drops of Melvin's blood are used up, she loses all swordsinging abilities.

Magical Abilities:
Melvin's Blood (as discussed above)

Silver Pull
Odette can bend any silver in the vicinity according to her will.

Power Seal
She can seal any song in an item, preferably silver and glass. All sealed songs can only be used once. The stronger the song, the more energy she loses.

Attachments

• Odette Intro.jpg
    Odette Intro.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 1