Reign of Discord - When Silence Falls OOC

This is that awkward little moment where I admit to not having read the previous character submission past 'Soranin' and 'Maestro,' shortly after starting up on a Soranin-born Maestro profile and deciding fate was against me on this. So I didn't actually know he was discordant. Heheh. ^^'

But I really just can't think of anything that would really fit this RP, which is infuriating because I really want to be in it.

Lol, sorry about that, pal. XD I had to go with Soranin for plot-reasons (namely to explain why he received swordsinger training, even for a short period of time, but none of the characters in the current RP would've heard of him; because he received his training in another country.) It's a shame though, this game could really use some more players. =(

So, I'm pretty interested in this roleplay, though at the moment no ideas are brewing. I'll need to read through the IC so I know what characters are present, and by extension, what character roles I can choose to fill. If someone has any ideas, feel free to message me about it.

Kaz, we don't have any dansers as player characters I believe.

Malk, question. What happens to the surviving partner if one of a pair has a premature death? No Vay, don't even think it!

It will be a permanent emotional scar. They'll probably be unfit for front-line combat for the most part of a year or two. It doesn't mean that that character won't ever find a partner again. As I did mention, there are multiple people that can resonate with one person and they can find another partner. It will be harder though, just because of the trauma that happens when your partner is ripped from you.

Uhh... Posts, anyone?

Probably not the kind of post you were talking about, but I think I have a good profile done. Let me know if changes are needed.

Name: Chrona Revel
Nationality: Renala
Appearance: Standing at a lean 5'11", his body shows the efforts of his training; being both lithe and powerful. His body has the typical tanned skin of someone who spent his life outside working, hands coarse and calloused from being in near constant use. His face is angular, though with a square nose that juts out between two light brown eyes with an inner ring that fades to a golden hue. His hair is a straw colored blonde that Chrona keeps long and tied back behind him in a tight braid. His posture is always upright, which speaks of his unfailing faith in himself. He exudes confidence to the point of cockiness, and that's before a single word is even spoken.
Short Background: As proof that one's nationality and standing upon birth holds no bearing to one's potential and talent, Chrona was given a stronger understanding of the song than most ever realize. However, his talent almost was for naught, as he was born to a poor family whose only living was sustained by what little crops they could reap from the earth. Even Chrona didn't fully understand his innate talent, until one day swordsingers passed through the town. Getting very few visitors their way, combined with the mystique that such an organization held to youth such as him, Chrona and his two younger siblings ran to meet them.

The Swordsingers were just passing through, but were more than welcoming to their young fans. One of them, a singer, began to sing a ballad to them, as a token to remember them by, however this inadvertently revealed the abilities of Chrona. He became lost in the music as they danced, and even his siblings were snapped from the uplifting notes, as they watched their brother complete complex movements, moving to the sound of the music and then some. The Singer's partner, a Danser, stood shocked, recognizing many of the movements as ones correlating with his own.

A few conversations later, and Chrona, at the age of 15, was whisked away to the Citadel to begin training as a Swordsinger in his own right. He excelled in his training, quickly ascending through the ranks. However, upon reaching Nightingale, his own flaws began to manifest themselves. Having constantly been praised, he developed a pride and cockiness that he had never known, and he noticed that others around him were simply not as talented. Constant attempts to find him a suitable partner often led to him storming out, angry that once again they were not a match. He was so skilled, but he couldn't find someone he viewed as an equal. He currently resides in the Citadel, furthering his training; his mentors doing their best to temper his foolish pride which does nothing but brew more discord.
Personality: He is confident, prideful, yet charitable and kind. He believes in himself fully, and can't help but turn his nose down at laziness. He works himself to the bone every day during his training, always striving to be more, to prove himself to the world; and he constantly is thankful for the opportunity to even try. But his own skills alienate him from others, and he quickly grows frustrated when others cannot keep up; when they can't match his pace. His heart is good, but he often rubs people the wrong way despite those good intentions.
Band: Danser
Equipment/Magical Abilities:
Rapier - His weapon of choice is the rapier, able to use its quickness to adeptly remove opponents. He uses quick slashes followed by powerful thrusts; as typical of a fencer.

Crescendo - Able to take within him the Song, Chrona is able to guide it to move faster and more powerful, quickening his actions and filling him with strength. It's strength depends on how much of it Chrona uses, however the stronger effect he goes for, the more winded he becomes afterwards, as it begins to push his body past his own limits.

Prestissimo Fortissississimo - Losing himself entirely to the music, he forces the Song to stretch itself to its limits. The effects grant him a speed and power that is unmatched. However, once this ends, his head is filled with a ringing that enables him deaf to any forms of the Song, as well as rendering his body unfit for combat. Generally takes a few days for him to recover fully.

Blurring Rhapsody - This particular song blurs his movements, giving him afterimages that makes it hard to determine his true movements. Can be used in conjunction with Crescendo, but cannot be used along with Prestissimo Fortissississimo. The faster he moves, the more images are produces and gives the illusion that there are more of him than are really there, as well as making it seem he is moving faster than he truly is.

[MENTION=53]Kazesei[/MENTION], you've got the green light to begin posting.

If [MENTION=69]Yav Vaylentine[/MENTION] doesn't post by the end of the week I'm hijacking to get this thing moving again.

Or I could just drop out and save you the trouble.

It's been fun.

*Signs off.*

Uhmm... I'd be interested in joining, though I'm still lurking at the moment and trying to get back into the flow of roleplaying again... but I just don't quite know what roles would be needed or wherever to start plotting... I just adore this idea and the depth to the world... >.>"

D: I'm sad you're leaving, Vay.
[MENTION=3992]Funyaripa[/MENTION]: Well, take on any role you'd like. Pretty much no one is around anymore and I think I'll go and try to scare up some more RP'ers for this one.

I might be able to come back on this and try to get a charrie prepared. My time is back to normal - somewhat - winding down online finals. So, let me see what I can do.

I know you sent me a message a while ago, is this still open?

At the moment, no. Due to inactivity, I decided to shelve this RP for now. I will be relaunching it around May-ish, though.