Red VS Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nikaan, whose fists were still electrified, looked slightly confused at this new question. "An options menu?" he repeated. The yellow Xhokwe hadn't considered adding this feature due to all of the other things he had spent his time on, and neither had any of his other technical workers. "No, I don't believe there is one, though I could try to add it in when this round is over," he suggested; it was his job, after all. "Until then let's go see what that explosion was." Upon saying this, Nikaan turned and began to run in the direction of the chaos.

---

Upon hearing Jazek's 'mark', Crystal burst from the tank's hatch with a quick leap, just before Drehvir could potentially damage the room she was in. The cyan dragoness landed on the forest floor with a rather awkward roll, quickly getting back onto her feet. "Jazek!" she yelled, gazing across the area for any signs of her blue friend. When her eyes finally locked onto him, however, she saw that he had been knocked into an area behind. This isn't going to be pleasant, needlessly fighting my own teammate and probably loosing some health while I'm doing it. Pushing this thought aside, however, the dragoness pulled out her pistol and faded into the background by using her 'camouflage' ability, and began to sneak up on the rampaging AI with her weapon raised.

"Aha! I hit you! That'll teach you! You see, AI's are clearly superior to living beings, because unlike you, we don't make mistakes. We will one day rule the universe! One computer at a time. And there's nothing you can do to stop me! For I am an AI and you are not! We are superior beings! And no fleshy being could ever hope to stop a machine revolution! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!" the AI monologued. But while he was busy monologue-ing he didn't realize where Crystal had gone...

Putting her pistol up to Drehvir's head, Crystal soon materialized back into her normal colors. She felt somewhat unwilling to shoot the guy since she lacked a good amount of killer instinct, but the cyan dragoness had heard her fair share of monologuing one too many times. Fleshy being?! That better not be some sort of fat joke. Feeling annoyed (and somewhat offended by the AI's earlier remarks), she reluctantly pulled the trigger and shot him right in the head.

---

Shayn simply didn't stand a chance being faced with both a raging shotgun guy and his not-so-friendly rival at the same time. "Aww, sh--" he began, but never got the chance to finish his sentence. The bullets hit him right in his exposed sides thanks to the man's expertise, costing the indigo dragon his remaining two lives. Wearing a look of loathing, he dissolved into a small flurry of virtual white squares which quickly faded away into the air, signifying that he had 'died'. Lastly, the surrounding mist soon disappeared upon the dragon's removal.

Back at the arcade, the helmet that Shayn had been wearing powered off. Lifting up his two paws, he removed the device from his head and began to squeal some undecipherable nonsense to himself. The dragon was obviously raging, much comparable to an online player that had just lost after getting a good streak of luck.

With Shayn out of the picture, Danny reloaded and turned on... Danny, and began firing his shotguns yelling, "My name is Danny you fucktard! Never call me that again you dirty lizard!" However, at this point Danny was getting so angry that he was starting to get sloppy, causing him to fail to pump the shotguns half the time.

"What the-?! Hey!!" Danny yelled as he attempted to maneuver behind the base wall, hopefully to where the bullets wouldn't hit him too easily. The blue dragon really hadn't expected this sudden of an outburst. "What do you think you're doing!? I'm on your side!" he was practically screaming by now. What's the deal with this guy? All I did was call him Arnold, though I didn't exactly mean it in a bad way.. "The Blue Team base is there, right there! We could win!" Danny rapidly gestured to the Blue base out of panic, trying to reason with the other Danny. The dragon didn't want to attack his own teammate, though if this kept up he wouldn't have much of a choice.

"Don't ever call me that again!" Danny yelled, and he started to calm down, as he was out of ammo. He then threw away his remaining shotguns and proceeded to enter the now unguarded blue base, where he primed and threw all three of his grenades...

"Yeah, sure... okay." Danny apologized. The shotgun guy's reaction to this name-calling was frightening, yes, but even more so humorous when he stopped to think about it. And, being the impulsive dragon he is, Danny knew just what to do: he was so going to call him 'Arnold' again. Though probably not for now... he quickly decided, and stepped out from behind the base's wall. Looking at the entrance, the dragon watched as human Danny walked into the unguarded Blue Team base and set off his grenades, which soon rattled the inside of the area with an explosion. Frowning with a bit of uncertainty, Is this it? Have we won..?

It turns out that the Red Team had indeed won. All across the area ranging from the bases to the mainland, the game began to rapidly dissolve, leaving behind white patches of squares. Any and all characters participating during this time disintegrated in the same fashion as a 'death', transporting their minds out of the game and back into the arcade. The helmets that they wore soon powered down upon completion, signifying that the characters were able to move out and about in the real world once more.

"I can't believe we lost!" Crystal exclaimed as she entered the cafeteria, flashing her pass to the sentry. Her voice was aimed towards Jazek-- they had previously made it about halfway to the enemy base, if not almost there. The duo might've won too, if it weren't for Drehvir and the attacking AI. "I thought we were doing pretty good... bleh."

6422751917_979e5730c4_z.jpg
The inside of the cafe wasn't nearly as busy or crowded as the main hall, and had a fairly decent amount of space to move about in. The decor and walls were mostly white and blue in color, giving off a rather clean and refreshing look. In the back of the room was what looked like a counter of some sort, buffet style, piled with various foods of both Earth and alien descent. Placed on the outer edges of the counters were some dishware and crafting stations of sorts, grey in color with red and green buttons, where refreshment could be personally ordered (after providing a small fee) if none of the substance provided could be of use. Last but not least, a couple of empty tables were located in the center of the room, each containing six chairs.

"Well I don't know about you guys, but I'm starving! And the food here doesn't look half bad. At least, not to me," Danny announced, and charged off in the direction of the buffet. He still felt thrilled by their win in the Red VS Blue game, despite almost have been turned into a scaly hide full of holes. Upon the blue dragon's exit into the area Gem soon followed as well, leaving behind Crystal and Shayn along with who else hasn't moved yet.

"I'm definitely going to go see if they have any brahmin steak." Danny said as he went to go get something to eat.

"We'll go see if they have any food from Alopesus." Jazek said before leading his brothers to the buffet.

"So Nikaan, I'd like to offer a few suggestions for that options menu. I've got a few ideas I've been thinking about." said Saf, "And once we sit down, I've got someone I'd like you to meet who might be able to help."

"Is that so?" Nikaan began, "Fine, I'll hear you out. Let's just get something to eat first so that we can talk this out over a meal, alright?" Upon that statement, the yellow Xhokwe maneuvered his way over to the buffet counters and picked himself out some purple gleir tentacle (completely random) with a side of creamed coffee. He then sat down at one of the tables and began to chew on his fare, savoring the taste and waiting for Safudor's proposition. He had his doubts about the idea of an options menu and this 'help' that the human male mentioned, though hopefully it would come around to their advantage.

Meanwhile, Crystal warily glanced around the cafeteria as if trying to make sure that no one was watching. She was hungry, yes, but something else was plaguing her mind at the moment; she wanted to go visit a particular someone, or someone(s), but wondered whether or not any of the group was watching or would notice her absence. After all, she could potentially get in a lot of trouble if someone reported her leaving and entering a place that she wasn't supposed to be in. Hesitantly, the cyan dragoness took a chance and turned around, slipping out of the room and back into the main hall...

Safudor looked at the buffet and decided to try something new. Browsing for a bit his eyes settled on some roasted durfon meat from Alopesus. "This looks pretty tasty, I'll take some." he then paid for the meal and went to sit down across from Nikaan. "OK, first thing's first. Fik? You there?"asked Saf. A small green hologram shaped like a human wearing standard Earth American tactical armor flicker to life on the table. "You called?" it asked. "Alright Nikaan, I'd like you to meet Fiklonus, a UNSC military-grade AI." Fik turned to face Nikaan, "Hi there er... Nikaan." Fik said.

The yellow Xhokwe looked fairly surprised by a miniature hologram walking about on the table. "...Hi, Fiklonus" he responded, talking to Fik as if he were a computer-interfaced program. Turning his gaze back to Safudor: "You have my attention. Explain to me more about this 'options menu' of yours, and how the hologram-- I mean, Fik, can help." Nikaan then swallowed another strip of glier, washing it down with a swish of coffee.

Sitting down at a nearby table, Gem and Danny placed down their full platters of refreshment. The blue dragon's meal mostly consisted of salted sheep chops with a side of sugarfuit, whilst the pterroct seemed more interested in trying out the foreign picks, most of which looked similar to amphibians. Despite having been on different teams, they seemed to be getting along alright at least by normal standards. Teasing, kicking, playing with their food and whatnot.

Shayn, on the other hand, hadn't picked out anything to eat yet. He was still somewhat upset from his death earlier, and was casting dirty glances at Danny and Danny. "Great, just what the worlds needed: another Danny.." he silently groaned. Feeling the need for some company (and seeing how everyone else was busy except for the human Danny), the indigo dragon walked over to Kulorim and Drehvir. "So, what would you guys suggest eating? I want to try something different, though none of it looks really appetizing.."

"You could try the durfon like Saf did, it's got one hell of a kick. Otherwise you could try some fried fytron skin, it'll make wounds close three times as fast for about seven hours" replied Drehvir.

---

"Well I was thinking you could add in an option for power armor trained people, such as yourself, to have powered joints added to their armor in-game. And for those not trained, Fik here could write a tutorial program for you." Saf explained.

"Alright, alright. Sounds possible," Nikaan said as he nodded his head, thoroughly considering this. The yellow Xhokwe took his job very seriously, and this idea that Saf suggested was rapidly beginning to grow on him. "Could you possibly give me a list of instructions? Either paper or holograph would be fine." He stopped for a moment, going lost into thought. "Of course, I'll have to run this by the Executives before actually being able to add this in and whatnot, though I'm sure they'll approve."

Nikaan's bosses, the Executives, are a group of three who generally run and manage the Vagabond program. They are the Executive of Alien Relations, the Executive of Military Defense, and the Executive of Technological Development. Each one has a large amount of authority over the area and rank second-highest as far as power goes, the top boss being the Director.

---

"I could use 'One Hell of a Kick'," Shayn grinned, though in a friendly way. "Thanks, I suppose." The indigo dragon then made his way to the buffet, picking out a slice of durfon and placing it on his platter. Feeling a bit adventurous (as far as food goes), he decided to try out an alien beverage as well, which bubbled orange with heat. He chose it out of familiarity simply because it reminded him of lava.

Before Shayn could sit down to enjoy his meal, however, his eyes locked on the end of someone's tail leaving the cafe. A cyan, bladed tail that he immediately recognized. "Huh?" he said to no one in particular and looked around; Crystal was gone. What's that girl up to..? Of course, Shayn had every intent to follow his cyan friend. Looking around, he examined the remainder of the group to make sure nobody else was watching him as well. Saf and Nikaan were busy talking, Danny, Danny and Gem were eating, and the dragon himself had just got done speaking to the two Xhokwe. The only one left was Jazek, though Shayn felt fairly certain that he could slip past the blue galaxy. Or maybe that was just his ego talking. Regardless, Shayn then left his seat and began making his way towards the cafeteria exit.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Alright, you heard him Fik, send him a holofile."Said Saf. "You got it! Sending file now, and done. In that file you'll find a power armor options menu, all set and ready for your game, a tutorial program for basic power armor training, and a detailed explanation for why it would be a bad idea to put a tutorial program for advanced power armor training into the game." replied Fik. "That's a little excessive don't you think? You could have just said 'We can't let just anybody have advanced power armor training, think of criminals.' You didn't have to go so far over the top." stated Safudor. "Nonsense, those guys consider themselves to be very highly ranked and would like things to be done as professionally as possible." Fiklonus replied. "Eh, whatever you say, Fik." answered Saf.

Nikaan briefly opened up the file via hologram as Saf and Fik talked, just to make sure that all of the information was listed. The list shone plasma-green as it hovered over the table, scrolling down so that all of the text could be in view. After they had finished, "I think we're good to go," he announced and pushed his chair backwards, closing the holographic list. "I'll be sure to run this by Technological Development before the next game. Take care." Upon that, the yellow Xhokwe dumped his remaining meal into the nearby trash bin and took off running out of the cafe.

---

Back in the main hall, Crystal was standing in front of the nearby elevators of which lead underground. A sign floating above read, 'RESTRICTED AREA: STAFF ONLY'. Ignoring this obvious warning, the dragoness pressed the bright red button on the side, and yet another holographic messaged immediately appeared: 'ENTER PASSWORD'. Unbeknownst to her, however, Shayn was watching from afar with keen interest.

Fortunately, Crystal had already done this before awhile back and knew the password, which had been given to her by a friend in high places. Raising her claws, she pressed in a few letters and numbers that eventually came together to form a new word, 'Melons21'. Why they had chosen such a ridiculous password Crystal will never know; the simplicity of it would even be easy to hack!

'PASSWORD ACCEPTED'
the message read, and opened up the elevator. There, the cyan dragoness stepped inside and began her descent into the barracks...

"Alright Fik, log off. I'd rather not attract too much attention from civilians." said Saf, finally beginning to eat his durfon meat. "Affirmative, logging off." replied the hologram, which then flickered back to nonexistence. "Whoa, I haven't had something with this much kick since I was in Danny's home universe!" exclaimed Saf after taking the first bite. "Good stuff isn't it?" Jazek asked, walking up and taking Nikaan's vacant seat, "I would like to know what kind of human food you would suggest." "Hmm, I guess you could keep it simple and get a cheeseburger, or you could get fancy and go for filet mignon." answered Saf. "I'll try that burger. Also, am I the only one that notices that we're short a couple of dragons?" replied Jazek. "Yes, I guess you were. Fik, log on without the hologram."stated Safudor. Fik then began to talk in Saf's mind. What is it this time? Fik asked. "Who's missing and where did they go?" answered Saf. It appears to be the ones called Crystal and Shayn, they seem to have gone down to the barracks. Somehow Crystal knew the password for the door. replied Fik. "I see, well now I'm curious and I'm going to follow them. Fik, do you still have the codes they gave me during my last visit here?" asked Saf. Yes, I do. The password you need is Melons21. answered Fik. "Oh right, how could I forget? Let's go." stated Safudor, who then departed for the barracks to find Crystal and Shayn.

After watching his cyan friend depart from a distance, Shayn made his way over to the elevator and mimicked her actions, pulling up the password panel and entering in 'Melons21'. The elevator doors slid open and the indigo dragon stepped inside, feeling both curious and faintly thrilled. What's down here that she's so interested in? I want to find out..

SciFiRoom.jpg
Crystal silently treaded through the dark and unwelcoming hallway that was the barracks. There were no other beings in sight; just wires and stray pieces of technology and equipment. After all, this wasn't exactly a public place and even so, who would want to be down here? The dragoness herself, who was a close friend to the Centre, wasn't even supposed to be here-- only the Executives and permitted staff were allowed entry. It wasn't that Crystal enjoyed snooping around in others' business, but she had a fairly good reason for coming down to the barracks.

Stopping at a nearby corner, the cyan dragoness briefly examined a monitor-based map of the area. And, after entering the same password as before, it showed her the location of all of the prisoner cells and labs; her eyes locked onto one room in particular: '11B'. There you are... she silently though to herself. ...Or maybe not. Maybe you've escaped. I'll find out soon enough, though.

Once finished with the elevator ride down, Saf said, "Hmm, I should probably put my armor on." That would definitely help you in locating Crystal and Shayn. replied Fik. Saf then reached to the back of his neck and pulled a small black disc shaped object, with the letters "UNSC" written on it in yellow from a mechanical looking slot. He then held the disc up to the middle of his chest and pushed a button on it, and it started to float in place and glow. Then, a blue swirling energy field in the shape of his armor materialized around him, and a few seconds later there was a bright flash, and a set of MJOLNIR Mark VI power armor appeared on his body.
2014-04-04_00001.jpg
Fik's voice then began to play through the speakers inside of Saf's helmet. "Armor warp in successful, as well as me interfacing with your armor." "Good thing I convinced the Protoss to let me use some of their warping tech. In any event, let's go. Can you get a lock on their location?"Saf asked. "It looks like they recently accessed a map and are heading for cell 11B"replied Fik. "In that case we're going to cell 11B, power up the cloaking field." stated Saf. Advanced machines in Saf's armor then began to bend light around him rendering him completely invisible. "Cloaking fields are active" announced Fik. Saf then moved to meet Crystal at cell 11B.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.