Red VS Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'll go with you on the dropship," Nikaan announced to Saf, since the SAV was no longer an option. What a waste of a perfectly good vehicle.. He then slung his sniper rifle over his back to prevent it from poking (or accidentally shooting) anyone else who decided to go with them in the pod.

"Well you two can go ahead and have your *ahem* fun in that little ship of yours, but I'm going by land. See ya!" Gem exclaimed, who then jumped through the halls and into the mainland below. She could feel excitement coming on to her, much like the thrill of chasing prey.

--------------------

Shayn was still staring at the holographic map when he saw that one of Danny's lives have been taken away-- what once was four full bars beside his face was now three and an empty one. Grinning at this new discovery, "Looks like Stormheart got himself injured. How typical of him." This was rather good news to indigo dragon, since he wanted to be the one to finish off his rival. "Well, I'm outta here. Good luck to you guys!" Shayn then turned into a ball of grey mist after saying this, which speedily flew out of the base.

"Shayn, wait! We don't even have a pla--" Crystal tried to reason, but it was too late. He was already up and gone. Sighing, she turned her attention toward Jazek, Kulorim, and Drehvir. "Alright, so one of us should probably stay here, just in case the Reds make it to our base. We can't let them enter the control room," she suggested, bringing out the tactician within her. "We could use the NPC for it, but I don't know... the notices and such said they were kind of weak. What do you guys think we should do?"

"I guess I'll stay, I can park that LAV a little closer and make use of its turret." replied Drehvir.

"Crystal, how about you man the cannon on the tank and I'll drive, I know Kulorim's just going to go hunt down Nikaan." said Jazek.

"You got that right." stated Kulorim who then left after slinging an assault rifle on his back.

Crystal hadn't thought that she'd ever shoot a cannon, though she has seen it before in movies and such. This was going fun.. "Alright!" she said, probably a little too happily, and climbed up the tank's side and flipped open the lid above. There, she squeezed her way into the cannon's cockpit and gazed the numerous controls in front of her, resisting the urge the press the buttons. "I'm ready when you are," she announced to Jazek, her voice echoing from the inside.

--------------------

Danny, who had managed to free himself from the driver's seat of the now-smoldering LAV, had only been wandering through the mainland for a few minutes. After the incident that previously took place he felt quite embarrassed, and therefore decided not to take the walk of shame back to his base. He wasn't sure how long the virtual woodland went nor how far away the nearest foe (or ally) was, which had made him fairly jumpy. Out on the field, he was used to having a small team to cover his back, though this obviously wouldn't be the case this time. The best option he had was to keep moving forward and hope that nobody would surprise him.

Just then, the dropship flew overhead, knocking virtual leaves from the trees due to how low Safudor was flying.

"Hey Danny, you see anything yet?" asked Safudor, as he had no time to look around while he was focusing on piloting the ship.

"No, I don't, but I hope we find something soon." replied Danny, getting impatient with how long it's been since he'd killed something.

"How about you Nikaan? See anything through the window back there?" asked Safudor, raising his voice to make sure Nikaan heard.

Nikaan gazed out from the back window, looking for anything that seemed out of place. "No, I don't think so.." he replied, though sounded a bit uncertain. After all, players weren't the only things that he was looking for-- being a technician, he had to make sure that the game was bug-free. "The area seems to be clear as of now."

However, the yellow Xhokwe spoke a little too soon. A greyish ball of smoke was flying right towards the dropship, coming from the front. A faint outline of a dragon could be seen as it flew, the outline of Shayn. He soared right past the dropship, but only to stop and turn around at the sight of the enemy shuttle.

"I think we have a problem," Nikaan began, who still had his face pressed against the window. "There appears to be strange ball of mist that's interested in us, though I've never heard of a--" however, his sentence was never completed. As he was speaking, a smokey paw suddenly crashed through the back window, sending a few shards of virtual glass flying. The talons pulled Nikaan right out of the dropship and the Xhokwe fell onto the mainland floor with a harsh 'THUD', loosing one life and sending a spray of leaves from the ground.

However, the mist (or Shayn) wasn't quite done yet. Maneuvering his way around, he soared to the front of the cockpit and landed on the top of its hull, leaving behind a brief splatter of smoke. He was back in solid form again, wearing his armor and weapons once more. And, grinning slightly like a maniac, he hefted his shotgun over his wings and pointed it straight at the cockpit window.

Seeing this, Danny,who was sitting in the copilot's seat, kicked out the glass at Shayn, and then climbed on the hull activating his suit's grav boots, then he aimed two shotguns, and fired while saying,"I'll do to you what I do tourists!"

"Erg!" Shayn grunted, as he attempted to adjust himself from the impact of the glass, and soon enough from the bullets from Danny's shotgun. The first few rounds bounced harmlessly from the blocky chestpiece of his armor, though the bullets ultimately made their way to the lower part of his head, costing him a life. He felt a slight stinging pain from this, as if a small bird was trying to peck his face; it was part of the warning signal being transmitted into his head, telling him that he was being attacked. At least no actual harm was being done to his real face...

Realizing that he would soon 'die' if he didn't do something soon, Shayn retaliated and shot back at Danny. The indigo dragon may not have had nearly enough firepower as the maniacal human (lacking three less shotguns and such), though this wouldn't stop him from giving in so easily. While still firing his weapon, a sudden burning sensation began to take place in the back of his throat-- it was the all-too familiar feeling of the lava element building up. Opening his jaws, Shayn released a spray of molten rock in an attempt to counter the enemy's shotgun.

Danny then threw the two shotguns he was holding at the lava in an attempt to reduce the amount of the stuff that would hit him. He then ran through the lava, losing a life, and proceeded to throw a punch straight at Shayn's face with the intent of knocking him off of the ship.

At the same time, some of the lava hit the front engines causing them to fail. "We're going down!" shouted Safudor. Good thing I brought a jetpack Safudor thought, he then put his jetpack on and jumped out of the dropship flying safely down below where he landed in a tree and immediately drew his sniper to begin looking for someone to shoot.

The indigo dragon didn't have nearly enough time to dodge Danny's punch, busy spurting lava and all, and thus was sent flying from the dropship's hull upon impact; both his and two of the attacker's shotguns were melted in the process. Falling through the air, Shayn once more transformed into a ball of mist and dashed away into the undergrowth before he could hit the ground, fleeing to recover from his previous assault. He was weaponless at this point, but at least still had his armor and abilities.

---

Nikaan, who was still splayed out on the forest floor, groaned and pulled himself upwards. Darn dragons and their special abilities, he silently cursed, feeling somewhat embarrassed about what had happened earlier. How could've he not have known that that was an opposing player, and have let it so easily pull him out from the ship? Oh, the ship! he realized and looked upwards to see if it was still there. By the looks of it, however, the dropship was slowly crashing downwards, with an blobbish-red fluid pouring from the front view... hopefully his team was alright.

After punching Shayn, Danny noticed that the ship was going down. He then made his way into the back of the dropship where some more jetpacks and some grenades were stored. He grabbed a jetpack and three grenades and jumped out of the ship, once out he activated the jetpack and started to follow Shayn's smoke trail.

--

In a nearby tree, Kulorim was looking through his sniper scope. I have you now, he thought, as he had seen Nikaan get up. He lined up the crosshairs and pulled the trigger, sending a loud CRACK reverberating trough the area as he fired the high powered rifle.

Last edited by a moderator:
After being shot in the back of the head (and loosing yet another life), Nikaan's attention immediately snapped back into place. He wasn't doing too well, and someone had just attacked him yet again. Making a quick decision, he jumped behind one of the many stone pillars in hopes of evading his enemy's fire, despite having little to no idea where he was. Pulling out his sniper rifle, the yellow Xhokwe held it close to his body as if using it as a shield; after all, it wouldn't do him much good unless he actually knew where the shots were coming from, though the sound seemed to have come from one of the treetops...

---

Seemingly out of nowhere, a large, sparking ball of fire was heading straight for the Blue Team's tank, coming from their side of view. It dashed in a linear path, signifying that it wasn't controlled like the mist of earlier, but rather an elemental attack of some sort. Various leaves and logs were burned into virtual ash as it passed by, leaving behind a few sparks on the ground. It was the fireball of a pterroct, and as far as Round 1 suggested there was only one of those creatures in-game: Gem.

"We're under attack! It's Gem!" Shouted Jazek, who immediately look to the radar to figure out exactly where Gem was at. Where are you, Jazek thought, "Bingo! Crystal, turn the cannon 92 degrees to the right and fire!"

The fireball hit the Blue tank smack on its side, though fortunately not too much damage was done. "What the-?! Errr, okay..." Crystal acknowledged after receiving her command, and was also starting to panic. She flipped over a few random buttons (simply because she'd been wanting to do that since the beginning) and shoved the joystick to her right. And, after pressing the big green button, the cannon fired in the direction of their prehistoric foe.

"RAWK!" was the only thing Gem said as the cannon hit her right in the midsection, costing a hefty two lives. Perhaps attacking the tank wasn't such a good idea.. she thought to herself. Rethinking her plan of attack, the pterroct took to the air with the heavy beat of her wings, hovering right above the cannon. From there, Gem began to viciously swoop downwards and shoot at the top lid with her shotgun, trying to either loosen or open it. However, since she had to handle the gun with her foot talons in mid-air, her aim wasn't as good compared to using it with her arms.

"Direct hit!" Jazek shouted, "It looks like she's trying to open your lid! Don't worry though, I'll take care of it." He then opened the cockpit and grabbed his assault rifle. Good thing I wasn't always a dragon, heh I know how to use this thing properly, Jazek thought as he took aim. Jazek now fired at Gem, emptying the entire 40 round mag.

The force from Jazek's assault rifle knocked the pterroct right of the sky and into the trees above. There, Gem leisurely hung upside-down from the branches, entangled in the surrounding vines with her shotgun still securely latched in her talons.. "Urg.." she silently moaned, not really to anyone in particular. One more hit like that and she would be dead.

"Is... is she gone? Do I need to shoot again?" Crystal questioned her teammates. This situation was very strange for her; she rarely attacked anyone, much less her friends, and would've never thought that she'd have to say that.

---

After a somewhat lengthy flight, Shayn finally materialize back into solid form, landing on a stony platform. He was back at the Blue Team base again, lingering on the outer edge of its walls with a side entrance close by. Despite having been punched in the face earlier by a man who sounded eerily like Schwarzenegger, he felt immensely proud of having brought down a dropship on his own. Even though it was technically an accident...

You won't get away that easily, thought Danny while flying towards blue base with his jetpack. However, his jetpack was almost out of fuel and he would have to land. So Danny landed at the entrance to blue base and threw away the empty jetpack, followed by him pulling out his remaining two shotguns. He then reactivated his grav boots, and began to walk up the wall.

---

Saf heard a sniper's fire nearby, and began looking for a knob or dial on his helmet. "Aha! There we go." said Saf, who then activated thermal vision on his helmet. There you are, Saf thought as he lined up his scope and fired at Kulorim, knocking him out of his tree.

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't until he heard a nearby 'thump' that Shayn realized that someone had been following him, and right to the Blue Base as well! This guy doesn't give up easily, he thought to himself, feeling both uneasy and excited by this new challenge. Leaning over the wall, the indigo dragon looked downwards to see that his human foe, Danny, was climbing upwards thanks to the unique boots that he was wearing. Let's make things a bit more interesting for the both of us, the indigo dragon smirked, and released a spray of the darkness element from within his throat, covering this particular side of the base (and wall) with a shroud of smog. Having no weapons at the moment, his abilities and armor were the only things he had left.

---

After hearing that a nearby object had fallen from somewhere above , Nikaan rushed over to the opening and pointed his sniper in the direction of the sound: it was his teammate, Safudor, with a now-grounded Kulorim nearby. "I should've known it was you!" he exclaimed, and soon took aim at his purple Xhokwe enemy. A sniper may not be as effective form this distance, though it would have to do. And, taking a chance, he fired.

---

Crystal took a moment to open up the hatch above and peep out at the terrain below; she was looking for Gem, her used-to-be friend that had previously been shot. The pterroct was no where in sight. "Sorry!" she yelled a bit out of guilt, whether or not the dinosaur could hear her. Though deep inside, she felt a tinge of pride from having shot the cannon so well. Quickly after, the cyan dragoness descended back into her (mostly) safe little room and gazed at the control monitor. "So, Jazek... where exactly are we?" she questioned.

Smog, huh? I'll just use infra-red vision, thought Danny activating it. However the smog caused problems with his sensors, causing not to work properly. Damn it, this smog is playing hell with my sensors, Danny thought. He then started to sprint up the wall to get to his target. Once up, he activated the fog lights on his helmet, however they didn't improve visibility as much as he was hoping.

---

Kulorim got hit in the head by a sniper round for a second time, giving him a splitting headache, and enraging him. He then charged at Nikaan, but was tackled from the side by Saf using a jetpack. Kulorim quickly responded by unslinging his assault rifle and landing a hit on one of the jetpack's thrusters, causing it to spin out of control. Saf removed the jetpack and landed into a combat roll bringing up his sniper and firing twice, one at Kulorim's gun and the other at his neck causing him to lose a third life. Kulorim, even more enraged now, charged at Saf and swung his fist, knocking the sniper out of Saf's hands. Saf then kicked Kulorim in the chest, knocking him on his back and pulled out his pistol aiming it at Kulorim's throat. "Hey, Nikaan! You wanna come do the honors?"Saf asked.

---

"We're about halfway to the red base." replied Jazek, "I hope we don't run into any more of their members before we get there though."

"Hold it right there!" shouted Drehvir, "You're not going anywhere!"

"Drehvir!? I thought you were supposed to be guarding the base?" asked Jazek.

"Drehvir is not in control right now, check back later. AHAHAHAHA" replied Drehvir.

"It's the rogue AI! Crystal, take aim and fire!" shouted Jazek.

"Oh, I wouldn't do that if I were you. I don't know if you noticed but I'm standing in an LAV with a missile turret aimed right at you."

"Crystal, on my mark jump out of the tank and run for it." Jazek whispered.

Unfortunately, Shayn hadn't thought this out very well-- his vision and depth perception became rather limited as well due to the surrounding darkness, and despite it being his own element and doing, this didn't seem to be a very good match-up. Dangit! he cursed to himself, immediately regretted his decision to make things 'interesting'. Though, maybe he could gain the upper hand if he transformed into the smog himself...

But before Shayn could morph into is usual ball of mist, however, a bolt of lightning suddenly struck down from the sky and hit the indigo dragon on his back, causing him to loose a life and preventing him from immediately transforming. Two more hits and he'd be dead, and unfortunately, Shayn knew all too well who was responsible for the attack from above.

Swooping downwards, Danny came into the fray and attempted to push back the mist with the beat of his wings, setting up a clear line of sight for the shotgun guy. It worked for the most part, though as soon as he stopped flapping the mist eventually crept back into place. "What are you waiting for, Arnold? Go get him!" the blue dragon announced with a grin, still doing his best to hold back the darkness for his teammate.

---

"Glady," Nikaan acknowledged to his savior, slinging his sniper over his back once more. He then placed his two fists together, and thanks to being a lightning elemental, caused an electrical charge throughout his body which emitted a yellowish-white light. Advancing toward the fallen Kulorim with hands crackling with electricity, he struck at the purple Xhokwe whilst giving out a cold smile. Whether or not his foe had any more maneuvers to use was beyond his knowing.

---

The cyan dragoness was feeling fairly secure until a new voice penetrated her range of hearing, and even though it was the voice of her teammate, something was obviously wrong. The AI...? Crystal thought. The objectives inside her head had briefly mentioned the AI, though she hadn't really expected for it to come into place. At least, not anytime soon. Turning her attention torwards her teammate, "Okay, if you say so.." she whispered back, and silently loosened the bolts of her hatch, ready to spring out at Jazek's command.

"My name is Danny!" Danny shouted as he charged toward Shayn, firing his shotguns while using his shotgun expertise to pump the shotguns without even touching the pumps. "And I hate tourists!" However the other Danny had enraged this Danny by calling him Arnold, and would be his next target...

---

Kulorim rolled out of the way, only to be shot by Saf's pistol. "Well, that's the end of that. I heard a tank's cannon fire over that way" Saf said while pointing in the direction the sound came from. "Let's go check it out." he stated as he slung Kulorim's assault rifle and sniper on his back, and holstered his pistol. "But first, I have a question. Does this game have an options menu?" Saf asked.

---

"Mark!" Jazek shouted as he warped out of the tank and opened fire on on Drehvir, taking a life. "Why you little, you'll pay for that!" Shouted Drehvir as he turned the turret to fire at Jazek, who began running with explosions following behind him. "You'll have to do better than that!" jazek yelled as he warped behind the latest explosion and opened fire again, taking another life, however, the AI was quick enough to react and reversed the direction of the turret in time to hit Jazek while he was busy shooting, sending him flying backwards and taking a life.

Status
Not open for further replies.