Recon One: The Phantom Ghosts

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke laughs, his face lighting up despite the pain. "You know me, Beamer. No injury keeps me down for long."

He chuckled. "Yeah. Just watch your influence there." He motioned to Chip, who was leaning on the wall. He hadn't been up and around in a few days.
"Anyway, I'll see y'all around." He said as he slipped past them and down the hall.
Cam smiled. "Where are you headed to?" She asked softly.

"Burkhart. Probably not a good idea, but walking on a shot up leg isn't exactly the brightest thought in the world."

Cam nodded. "Alright. Go on.." She said softly, letting him lead as he had been, only keeping him on his feet.

Chip was still careful as he straightened, ready to follow.

Slowly putting one step in front of the other, he shambles to the TOC where Burkhart was, hissing with every step.

Cam kept her arm around him, helping him each step. She continued to say a soft word of encouragement every so often.

They make it to the TOC, and walk in. "Dammit, Ghost. You are supposed to be resting."

"We both know I can't. C'mon, now."

Cam kept a strong arm around Ghost. "Already tried that sir." She said softly, watching Luke carefully to make sure he was stable.

Chip stood behind them, across the hall, leaning on the wall as he rested.

"Yeah, what is this resting, y'all keep talking about? I've heard of it, but never done it. "

Cam smiled and chuckled slightly. "It's when you don't constantly push yourself to your limits and you just chill." She said with a smile.

"Ooooohhhhhh. I haven't reached my limit yet." He takes another step, and almost falls.

Cam helps him stay balanced. "Seriously though, you need to be careful." Her smile faltered.

Chip decided to head back to the infirmary. He was tired.

"I'm ok. I'm fine."

Cam nodded, though she kept her arm around him, carefully assisting him. "Why'd you want to come here again?" She asked curiously.

"I need to stay in the loop on missions and the like. I'm not gonna be wounded forever, so I wanna stay in the loop."

Cam nodded and glanced to see if Chip had followed them. Seeing he'd already headed back, she looked to the commander. "So.. What's happening, sir?" She asked, shifting her weight as to easily hold Luke's and her own without straining herself.

"Ghost. I have some news that you might not want to hear. That Taliban leader you and your team went after a couple years ago? We found him again."

Luke turns to Cam. "Take me back. I need my armor and weapons."

This time Cam shook her head. "Not yet. Not today." She said sternly. "Tomorrow maybe, not today." Her arm tensed in an attempt to stop him trying by himself.

"Camille, the man they are talking about murdered my team. I'm going after him."

Cam look him dead in the eyes, loosening her grip and tempted to just let go and let him fall to emphasize his point. "And tell me how going after him injured and possibly getting yourself killed is going to help. Huh?"

Status
Not open for further replies.