Recon One: The Phantom Ghosts

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being very smart, Luke tries getting out of bed and putting weight on his leg to walk. Hissing sharply, he almost collapses as his leg gives out, but he grabs onto the end of the bed to steady himself.

Cam paused outside the infirmary. She debates going in... If they're asleep, she would hate waking them, but if they were awake she wanted to talk.. Or just listen to them talk. She paused, her hand hovering over the door handle. She sighed, letting her hand fall back to her side. If she went in there at this early, she might worry them. She was supposed to be sleeping..

Luke's leg gives out completely, and he hits the floor, his uninjured knee, slamming into the hardwood. "Fuck!!" He yells, then quiets, so he doesn't wake Chip.

Cam jumped at the sound of Luke's voice. She opened the door silently, slipping in. "What the hell are you doing on the floor..?!" She whispered as she walked over, kneeling beside him. She was concerned, carefully wrapping an arm around his waist to help him up.

"Trying to.... Walk." He grits out. "Need to get better.... back into the field."

Cam carefully lifts him from the floor, doing her best to keep as much weight off the injured leg as possible. She set him on the bed. "You need to at least let it rest for one day... Please." She said softly, her arm no longer around her waist, but her hands on his shoulders. One hand dropped to his uninjured knee. "Are you okay?"

"I'll be fine. I need to get better, so I can get back into the field to stop those fuckers." He tries to stand again.

Cam immediately pushed him back onto the bed, putting pressure on his shoulders. "Not yet." She said, now a little more stern. "Don't nake me have to pin you down." She said, worried. She was still a little tired, but that was overshadowed by the fact she wanted him to get better.

Chip was still peacefully asleep.

"I NEED to get up, Camille. I can't just sit here. It's driving me crazy."

Cam sighed, looking into his eyes. "Luke... There is nothing you can do at 3 am except hurt yourself..." She said calmly. "You need to get some more sleep.. Please..." She begged softly. "You can try later... Okay?"

He sighs. "Okay. But I doubt I'm gonna sleep. I'll just wake up again in about half an hour."

Cam let him lay down and gently pulled the covers over him. She sat in the chair between him and Chip's bed. "I'll be right here." She pat his hand gently.

"Thank you." He sighs. "Well. Ain't this a bite in the ass."

Cam smiled faintly. "It'll be okay soon." She said softly. She rested her on the edge of the bed, looking up at him with a gentle expression. She was calm, just wanting him to relax.

"Sorry, but forgive me if I don't believe you. What started out as a simple mission to discover the source of a few harbor bombings turned out to be much bigger than we thought. It won't be over soon. Not by a long shot."

Cam bit back a soft laugh. "I meant your leg would be better soon..." She said softly. "I apologize, I should have been more specific." She said as she rubbed her eyes.

"Yeah, that too." He sees her rub her eyes. "Go get some sleep, Cam. I promise not to try anything else stupid."

Cam shook her head, looking down. "No, I'm going to stay here until you're asleep." She looked back up at him. She'd do anything to avoid going back to sleep quite yet. "I'll be fine."

"Are you sure? You don't look so good."

Cam looked up at Luke. "I'll be fine." She repeated confidently. "You just need to sleep.." She said in a softer tone. "Relax. I'll be okay, stop worrying about me." She smiled faintly.

Status
Not open for further replies.