Recon One: The Phantom Ghosts

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"You're a member of my team. Of course I worry. I don't want to lose someone else."

Cam pat his arm gently. "Nothing's going to happen to me right now." She said softly. "Just get some sleep okay? You need to rest more than I do right now." She paused a moment. "Please?"

He sighs. "Ill try. But promise me you'll get some more sleep after."

Cam nodded. "I promise." She said softly, nodding. "I'll go back to sleep once you go to sleep." She said softly. As much as she didn't want to, she would follow through with her promise.

"Ok. Thank you." He lays there in the silence, and nods off after a half hour.

Cam waits silently, a gentle, slightly concerned expression on her face until she sees he's relaxed. After she knew Luke was asleep, Cam started to stand to leave, but a doctor came in to give Chip a book. He set it in the basket above Chip's head and told Cam to let him know when he woke up in an hour. She nodded, figuring it'd be easy to just wait another hour.
Turned out harder than expected, as Cam started to fall asleep in the chair, her head rested in her hands, before Chip woke up.
Chip stretched and started to wake up a little over an hour after the doctor had left. He looked over and was surprised to see Cam, but seeing both her and Luke were asleep, he stayed silent, sitting up and carefully moving back. He wondered if the doctor had ever gone and gotten his book. With a shrug, he stared at the sheets in wait for something to happen.

Luke sleeps soundly, not waking up again until morning. Swelling Cam still sleeping, he gets up, and tries to walk, but falls again, his knee slamming into the floorboards.

Chip looked over as Luke started to get up. "I don't think that's such-" he flinched as the other's knee hit the floor when he fell.

Cam shifted at the sound, her body tensing, but after a moment she relaxed again.

Chip sat up, frowning. "What are you doing?" He asked Luke. He debated going over to help, as he had his crutches, but he was unsure he could handle it. He could barely keep himself up on those things.

"Trying to walk..." he grits out through clenched teeth. "I can't just sit and do nothing."

Chip sighed. "Okay, well you can't do it all by yourself until you strengthen your leg some." He said quietly, looking down at his own leg, which was casted. He looked back over to Luke. "Seriously though, you're going to hurt yourself worse." He was speaking quietly as not to wake Cam.

"No one else can do it for me. They can help, but its something I need to do." He'd ties to stand, and falls again, tears of pain shining in the corner of his eyes. "FUCK!!!"

Chip closed his eyes as Luke yelled and Cam jolted, almost panicky. She glanced around and groaned, sitting back a little to rub her eyes shakily. She stood, walking over and kneeling beside Luke. "Luke... You're going to hurt yourself.." She said quietly, sighing. She was worried. She looped an arm under him, carefully helping him to his feet, but this time she held him to his feet. "Can you put any pressure on it without buckling, or does it buckle immediately?" She asked softly.
Chip was surprised Cam hadn't practically gone into a panic attack when she woke up. She never did well being jolted out of a deep sleep.. It surprised him.

"I can put a couple pounds on it, but it buckles quickly.

Cam nodded. "Then we'll start with that. Find the exact point before it buckles. We do that, we can work it up to that line to strengthen it until it's able to hold more." She said calmly.

"Ok." He takes a step forward, puts about 15 pounds of pressure on his leg, and it buckles, Cam catching him.

Cam was quick to react as his leg buckled, her arm tightening to catch his weight. "Okay, easy now." She said softly.
Chip watched intently, biting his lip some. It pained him to see the strong soldier having this problem.. He looked down.

"I'm ok. I'm good." He goes to take another step, and his leg almost goes out again, but he takes another step, then another, putting weight on his leg. Not much, but enough.

Cam stuck beside him each step, her arm never leaving his side as he took steps. "That's really good.." She said with a faint smile. Part of her, the part that followed orders and traditions, wanted to put him back to bed. This was a hard strain on his body... But most of her was internally cheering him for his determination and success. She remained mostly neutral externally, a faint smile on her face. "You're doing good.."

Chip relaxed a little as Luke started taking actual steps.

"Thanks." He grits his teeth, making it to the door. He opens it, and steps out with her help.

Cam simply nodded. She helped him get the door open, then get to the hall.

Chip hesitated, then grabbed his crutches. If Luke could do that, he could walk around with his crutches and his broken leg no problem. He slowly stood, careful, but did as he had practiced and used the crutches to support his weight when he would usually step with his broken foot. He stuck a little behind Luke and Cam.

"You're doing good.. Just be careful.." Cam said softly. She heard a voice and looked up. One of the men who'd been on the rescue team was coming over.
"Already up and about Ghost?" He chuckled.

Status
Not open for further replies.