Rebirth For Salrtban

When she asked to look around, Rrakkt simply nodded his head as he picked up his took box again to put it away.

"Certainly, just be careful around the ship. Some places have some dangerous packing machines and I don't want you losing a finger or something else that is important. Also, just try to stay along the main halls. The comm system doesn't cover all of the ships completely. Otherwise, have fun alright?"
He said with a small smile.

He paused in the door as he looked to her, waiting for her to step out into the hall so he could get on his way to the tool room and put this things away before going back to the bridge.

"Thank you. I shall be mindful," That it was best to use the comm system as her guide was reasonable. Rrakkt's ship was unlike any other she had been on before, and never before had she been given such free access. It didn't bother her that she wasn't about to see the whole thing, she was going to see most of it and she was happy with that.

Heading out she gave Rrakkt a small nod before starting on her tour. As she walked along she got an idea of the size of the ship. She was careful to keep her hands to herself, but she did take the opertunity to at least open every door that she came upon. It was much like being a small child in a big house. When she came to the large room that was obviously the main cargo hold, she was impressed, there was a lot that could be hauled by this ship.

Elekav wasn't very mindful of how much time she spend wandering around, but eventually she came to the ladder that went up to the bridge. Carefully she went up the rungs and looked to see if the captain of the vessel was up there.

Giving Elekav a small nod in return, Rrakkt headed off in the opposite direction of her and made his way to the tool room. He put his tool box away where it was suppose to be stored and then turned to leave the room once more. With that all done, he made his way to the bridge to check on how close they were to the station. Surprisingly, they were within distance and the warp had stopped awhile a go. He must not have noticed the transition. When one lived on a ship, slipping in and out of warp was just a common as the setting of a star on a planet. Sitting in his captains hair, he shut off the autopilot and took control of the ship.

Flying steadily, his mind started to wander to his thoughts. A lot had happened in the past few days and now he was about to take Elekav shopping for clothing on a space station. He hadn't pictured himself in this position a week ago. He didn't hate it though, it was just very different. To go from living alone to living with your old childhood friend was a big jump, especially when they grew up into such an attractive female. Rrakkt blinked in surprise as he realized what he had just been thinking before blushing and pinching the bridge of his nose. It seemed that even after all these years alone...he was still very much a man.

He had no intention of acting on such basic feelings though, Elekav had just gotten out of slavery after all. What she should be focusing on was getting healthier and adjusting to society once more. Besides, that was probably the last thing on her mind as well. Who would want to think of pairing up after just gaining freedom? No, he'd just let her be...though if anything did happen to come up he certainly wouldn't say no...

Blushing more she shook his head, trying to remove the less that appropriate thoughts about his old friend and instead focused on flying the ship towards the station which was now on radar. Turning a bit, he made his way in to get the ship docked at the port.

"So we are already there?" Elekav's voice came softly from near the ladder. She had come up just as Rrakkt was piloting. Time really must have gotten away from her, not that she minded, it was nice to get to know the ship and she was sure Rrakkt was happy not feeling he needed to watch over her.

As she had watched him she thought there was an awful lot one person had to do to pilot the ship, that's why she waited to make her presence known, she did not want to distract him. She was also somewhat fascinated in watching him. It occurred to her that if she was to stay with him for more then a short time, and really she hoped she would get to stay, maybe she could be taught some of what was done on the bridge. That was of course if he had the time.

"Just about to dock in port." He said simply as he went about his work.

The station was on the screen, a large place truly. It was just one large ring with small limb that stuck out. Those were the docks. As they approached, one could easily she the amount of ships just trying to get a place to land, most seeming to fight dirty as they cut in front of patient ships or forced other to pull back unless they wanted to be sued for damaging a ship. However, the size of Rrakkts ship was enough to intimidate most others that were being rude, as they would take more damage than he would without question. Moving along, Rrakkt was lucky enough to find a place, taking the old spot of another shipping vessel and sending them a small flashing signal as thanks for making it so others wouldn't get in his way. Space truckers had to work together after all when on such a busy station. Once parked, he pulled back from the controls and stood.

"Alright, we're docked. Let's get you some clothing."
He said with a smile.

"Sounds good," she said dropping back down into the corridor where she waited for Rrakkt to come down as well. Once he did she walked with him to exit his ship. Of things she had to get use to, walking with another in a casual manner. Typically she was a followerer, not an equal and in those times when she was among other slaves, it was always about rushing to get to where you were going. Keeping up with Rrakkt and his wider pace wasn't going to be a problem. Just walking was.

At least the station would be good practice. Once they went beyond the docking area Elekav was amazed at how many people were around. Even though Rrakkt had mentioned this was a busy place, she still hadn't been ready for the reality and as they walked into the mulling crowd, she ended up walking very close to her friend indeed. This many people all around made her nervous, and she didn't even realize it because she was too busy trying to take it all in.

The station was bustling like crazy, all kinds of races were there for one reason or another. Some were selling goods and others were buying. Some ran restaurants and others owned clothing stores. Plenty were also just around for enjoying the hotels and other entertainment that the station carried. Rrakkt was on a mission though and that was getting Elekav some proper clothing while he had the gems to do so. He looked around for a store that would fit their races large sizes and soon stumbled upon a shop owned by someone of their race. It was not a recognizable person but it seemed the store owner was just as surprise as Rrakkt was at their arrival.

"Oh my...I can't believe it. Salrtanians!" The female woman said happily from behind the counter. "Please welcome to my shop!"

Entering slowly, Rrakky approached with a kind smile, obviously finding this discovery just as nice as the woman did.

"Hello miss...I'm not here for myself though my friend could use some clothing."
He said as he motioned to Elekav.

"Oh! We have plenty of choices of clothing for her. Come! I shall have you fitted as quickly as possible." The other Salrtanian said as she walked over to Elekav and gently took her hand.

There was no hiding the fact that Elekav was wearing someone else's clothing, nor that she seemed just slightly malnourished. Add with it Rrakkt's kind dimener and it all added up to Elekav just leaving a bad situation. There was really only one likely reality for their race, but the shopkeeper was smart enough not to make any comment of any of the things she noticed or construed. Instead she had Elekav go into a fitting room, basically a large scanner that would give the shopkeeper her measurements.

"Anything in particular you want to try on?"

"No, I just want something that fits and is functional."
Elekav thought she heard a small snicker from the other side of the door, but a moment later she was handed some shirts and pants to try on. The garments not only fit well, but Elekav was willing to admit she looked nice in them. It was such a pleasing experience. When she got to the last hanger, she realized it was not a shirt though, nor practical in any way. "I think there's a mistake," she called out.

"Oh, good, you got to the last one. I was staring to worry you didn't like anything I chose. Put it on and come on out so we can see you in it." It wasn't about making the sell for the shopkeeper. It was about something more important then that, and when Elekav came out she turned to look at Rrakkt. A smirk suppressed on her lips to see his reaction to his companion. "What do you think?"

As Elekav was taken away to be fitted and try new things on, Rrakkt made his way over to the men's section. It was about time that he got some new pants at least, as his old ones were hitting the point that if they didn't rip when he was bending over then they were just going to fall into threads in the next wash cycle. Picking out some simply pairs of pants in his size, he also got a shirt or two as those were also hitting their end as well. With his arms holding his own clothing, he wandered back over to the shopkeeper who was standing near Elekav's changing room.

Confused by the small conversation, he looked down at the shopkeeper for a moment before his eyes landed on a freshly dressed Elekav. Seeing her in a dress was both surprising and very much a reminder of the fact that she was a woman...A very pretty woman. With a slightly opening mouth, Rrakkt seemed to be stumped for the slightest second before he composed himself and cleared his throat.

"Good, she looks good!...Really good." He said slowly as he tucked his own clothing under his arm. "So, are you going to get it?"

"I can?" Elekav said in some surprise. She looked at Rrakkt, then glanced at a mirror to the side. It was her, but she didn't really recognize herself in the mirror.

"You can wear it out of the shop." The shopkeeper suggested. She then took the clothing from Rrakkt, and started heading to the counter. "Let's ring you both up."

Elekav was still surprised and repeated herself. "I can?" ​She did like the idea of getting to keep it on for a while. Belatedly she realized she should grab the cloths she had tried on. Coming back out with the pile of clothing she looked at Rrakkt with a more somber expression. "It's not too much is it?" After all she really didn't need all these cloths.

Meanwhile the shopkeeper was adding a few extra items to the purchase. Sure she wasn't going to make money on the sale with what she was doing, but she tried to tell herself it was good for future business. It wasn't a good lie, she just was glad she could help out one of her own in a small way. There were so few of them any more, and fewer still that we're free like they were.

"If you like it, get it. Besides, It never hurts to have a nice piece for special occasions. You never know where you are going to be going the next day." Rrakkt said with a grin as he let the shopkeeper take his picks and head over to the counter.

Rrakkt stood in front of the counter, not minding that the shopkeeper was adding things onto the order. This was going to be far less expensive than the cost of saving Elekav had been, so he honestly did not mind spending the money. Turning to look at Elekav when she spoke, he glanced over the pile of clothing that she was carrying in her arms. It seemed that shopkeeper had gotten a little clothing happy, but it was needed, he couldn't expect her to only wear one pair of pants and a shirt for the rest of her free life. Motioning to the counter he smiled a bit.

"Set it on the counter, I'll cover the bill."
He said with a small smile.

As the shopkeeper started to total everything up, Rrakkt pulled out his wallet and pulled out a card. He had plenty of credits on his card so he had no issue with it. With that total put together, Rrakkt handed the woman his card and just waited for her to bag everything so he could carry it back to the ship. After that, all they needed to do was stock up on food and other simple supplies.

"Thank you very much. It's always nice to see friendly faces in the never ending sea of aliens," the shopkeeper said as she handed off the last of the bags. "If you're going to be on the station long, two floors down is a little restaurant my friend runs, Misfits. He makes a few dishes that are reminiscent of home cooking. Let him know Havr sent you in, he's an odd creature but his food is good."

"Thank you,"
Elekav said, clutching a small bag with one hand and the other absently feeling the heavy material of the skirt. As she and Rrakkt left she looked up at him, one of those rare, and still quite small, smiles popping out. "I really do like it. It's nice having something that, well, I suppose special." After today she doubted she would put it on again for some time, but it made her feel normal in a strangely special way.

"We shall, thank you so much for helping us out." Rrakkt said kindly to the shopkeeper.

With bags in hand, the duo made their way back towards the ship to drop off their first load of goods. After all, they didn't need to be walking around with over filled arms. He smiled down at his friend as she mentioned liking the dress. She really did look nice in it. It was almost a shame that she would not be able to wear it very often in his opinion.

"Well, I'm glad you like it. Now, we'll head back to the ship, drop off your clothing and then head out again. Let's also grab a bite and stop at that restaurant as well. Then we'll go gather supplies and be on our way out."
He suggested to her as they arrived at the ship.

"That sounds reasonable," she said to Rrakkt as they boarded his ship again. Walking down the corridor, she tried to recall the location of her room without any help. It was in her mind best to adapt to the ship as quickly as possible without Rrakkt needing to assist her or having to rely on the comm system. It wouldn't happen in one day, but knowing how to get to her room, his room and the bridge seemed like important first steps.

Upon reaching the door to her room she glanced at Rrakkt. Her room, her cloths, they were things people easily took for granted. Not that Elekav was jealous of anyone for never giving much thought to such simple things. She wouldn't wish her past on another. Setting her bag on the ground against the wall, she motioned for Rrakkt to do the same for the one he held for her. Later she could enjoy putting everything in its proper place. She imagined she'd have some time to do that once they were on rout for his next job.

Detouring long enough to for Rrakkt to place his own bag in his room, they headed back out into the station this time to the restaurant that was recommended to them. There was a small change in Elekav this time out. She was still walking very close to Rrakkt, but she seemed more curious then before, or maybe more obvious, as they passed people and things, both strange and mundane. She didn't ask any questions, but the number of double takes she did suggested a true interest in her surroundings. That was up until a pair of young aliens bumped into them without so much as a sorry in any trade language. Then she just walked beside Rrakkt with her hands folded in front of her.

Rrakkt dropped off the bags with Elekav's clothing into her before going to his own and dropping of his clothing. He would put them away later, at the moment though he wanted to eat. Staying up for so long was enough to make anyone terribly hungry. One they headed back out to the station, Rrakkt headed toward the restaurant area and looked for the little place the shopkeeper mentioned. As he looked for the place though he noticed that Elekav was walking rather close and was very silent at the moment. At first he assumed it was because she was looking over everything and taking it all in, but after a while it did start to concern him.

"Is something bothering you? You seemed very silent at the moment."
He asked softly so that only she could hear him.

He did not want his precious friend feeling uncomfortable in any way. After all, she spent the majority of her life uncomfortable as a slave. If there was anything he could do to help her out he wanted to do it. He just hoped that he didn't make her feel worse in the process of trying to make her happy again. As he waited for her reply, they arrived at the small place, it really just a hole in the wall. However there were some chairs and table so Rrakky pulled a chair out for her and motioned for her to take a seat.

"I think, I think perhaps there is much I still need to get use to." She didn't want to get into how being bumped into made her uncomfortable, she hated to seem like she was complaining. That with everything that was going on in the station how she felt so small and insignificant wasn't something she wanted to confess either. There was a part of her that truly just wanted to hide, but she was going to stick it out, because the alternative was never getting to enjoy her freedom.

It was still hard though. At least they were now in a small restaurant and as she sat down in the chair Rrakkt had pulled out for her she felt a bit better. Maybe because there was less distractions. Maybe because she needed a little extra kindness still to know she was okay. Not that she really considered any of these possibilities. All Elekav knew was she was glad it was Rrakkt that sat across the table from her. The table was a touch screen and with a small motion the menu appeared. The names of the dishes meant nothing to Elekav however.

To her surprise a small alien with about six legs and no visible hair or fur came to their table. "Greetingz, may I take your ortherz? Thrinkz to zart out vith?"

"That is true, there is much about the universe that you don't know about. There is a lot I don't know as well. For now though, just take it a step at a time. Trying to rush into everything at once will just be too much to handle for anyone just out of slavery." Rrakkt said softly as he smiled at his friend.

Taking his own seat, Rrakkt relaxed as they sat there together at the small table. The menu popped up and the names of dishes Rrakkt never even heard of appeared. It seemed that this place really was going to be interesting. But if one of their own kind thought that the food tasted like that of homes, he was willing to give it a shot. Before he could even think on what he wanted to order though, a strange alien came over to them and offered to take their orders. Rrakky smiled at the fellow alien and turned to him as he spoke.

"Actually, we were directed here by Havr from the shopping district. She mentioned you made very good dishes like those from our home world. We were looking to give those a try if possible."
He said simply.

"Ah, Havr, zhe iz a nize female. Not loud, nor bozzy. A pleasent creature that I enjoy taking to. I know vat zhe likez to orther. I vill bring them to you anth your mate," and before the little alien could be corrected he was scuffling off.

Elekav was so interested in the little alien and how he was talking that what he said didn't dawn on her until he walked away. She didn't look right at Rrakkt at that point, just the spot on the table where his hand was. There was a blush that had started at the back of her neck, and was moving to her cheeks. Plenty of aliens couldn't recognize the reaction, but for any Salrtbian it was obvious. "He seems friendly," ​she said trying to pretend the comment never happened.

Rrakkt had heard it the moment the alien had said it, though he did not try to correct him. He found that it was better to leave mistakes like that as they were so that neither party felt too awkward about it...though in this case they were still feeling pretty awkward. A blush started to crawl onto his own face as he looked around the restaurant. The thing that was really getting to him was the fact that it sounded...nice. To be put in a pair with Elekav certainly didn't sound bad, though Rrakkt wasn't thinking much about starting a relationship. He was in a dangerous business after all.

"Yeah, it seemed very nice." He said simply

Elekav nodded her agreement and tried to think of a topic, something to talk about. "Do you travel a lot, for your job?" Elekav only had a minimal idea of what Rrakkt did after all, she didn't know what kind he did, if he had an employer or he was part of a guild or really anything. It also occurred to her that she didn't simply want to be a passenger, though right at this moment she wasn't sure what she could do and had the impression that Rrakkt would be happy as long as she was safe.

It's when it finally dawned on Elekav, as she slowly looked up at Rrakkt. He didn't want anything from her. He freed her for her sake and nothing more. He did it because they were friends, and she was in trouble. To her surprise she felt moisture in her eyes. She quickly blinked it back. She wasn't going to cry, she hadn't cried in years, and she most certainly wasn't going to do it in public. Besides she wanted to hear what Rrakkt said and enjoy the food that was coming.