Rebirth For Salrtban

Rrakkt nodded his head slightly at her question, mostly because he was still looking around the restaurant quietly.

"Yes, quite a bit actually. When ever I have to deliver something, I have to go there. Though teleportation is faster, it's a heck more expensive than having a ship deliver it. Anyway, I've been all over the place so I do travel quite a bit in my ship. Some times it might take months for me to get somewhere, if it is far enough."

Before he could say more, he looked up at her and noticed the glassy look to her eyes. Was she about to cry? Well that was certainly out of her character, even from before she was in slavery. She never cried in front of him, there had never been a time for her to do that. However, just to be on the safe side, he leaned in a bit and spoke softly.

"Are you alright?"

Elekav nodded her head, and one of her ghost smiles appeared for a moment. His concern made her realization more pronounced and real. If there was a being that would likely never harm her, intentionally, it would be Rrakkt. "Yes, thank you. Please continue."

Curiosity was part of it of course, but she didn't want Rrakkt to be concerned. Even if it wasn't an inappropriate place to discuss her feelings, she wouldn't even know where to begin. She was safe, she was free, and it was thanks to him and she was glad it was him too. Not some stranger, but someone she knew, who she had already had affection for, because it came back so easily. It was still somewhat awkward, but despite the years and the ages, she could almost remember who she was because of him.

Rrakky nodded his head a bit and smiled before continuing on where he left off. He knew better than to push her if she didn't want to talk about something, and it was obvious that she did not want to talk about her glassy eye moment there. He continued to talk about his job until the food was brought to their table, even going so far as to tell a story of one of his adventures and giving great detail to the part where he was fighting a Fizz lizard for the first time and how it nearly took his arm off with a nasty bite. He went quiet though as he looked over the food and thanked the alien.

"Wow, it all looks very delicious. I'm going to enjoy this!"
Rrakkt said with a happy grin as he began to dig in.

Elekav enjoyed Rrakkt's story and listened intently. Her expression barely changed the time he talked, but she had leaned in slightly and nodded from time to time. When the food came she thanked the little alien then glanced at everything on the table. It all smelled amazing. Glancing at Rrakkt she could tell he was happy with the food as well.

Taking a bite here and a bite there, Elekav was reminded of a different time. The food was not exactly like home, but it was close enough that she felt nostalgic about it all. "This all really takes me back. I miss real food." It was more a statement about how alien food was most the time for her, then an admission of the poor quality she had suffered. Elekav ate slow, but she enjoyed every bite.

Rrakkt was happily eating the food at the table. It truly did bring back memories from long ago when his mother would cook for the family. The smell that wafted through their home every single night as if on cue from nature itself. It wasn't exactly like their old home's food but it was certainly close enough that he found himself reminiscing a bit.

"You can say that again. It reminds me of my mother's cooking. I haven't eaten something like this since...way back when."
He said lightly as he remembered the day that they had been forced to leave home due to the sickness. "It's a shame that things like this are now rarities in this strange universe."

Taking another bite of food, he went on his way through the dishes slowly. This time savoring each and every bite that he put into his mouth. He was not sure when he'd be able to eat something like this again so he was determined to make sure that he enjoyed all of it thoroughly.

"I wonder if it would be difficult to replicate," Elekav mused. She was not unfamiliar with cooking, though it had been long years since she had tried her hand at it. If she had the right ingredients, and perhaps a little bit of instruction like a recipe or two it would at least be worth trying. Yet she had no idea how to go about finding such things.

As they continued to eat, Elekav occasionally would look up at her friend. She was still grateful of course, and that feeling wasn't ever likely to go away, but she was easily finding herself looking forward to more such meals with him. His company was important to her, it was as though this was normal and the last several decades had been just a horrible dream. Absently she went for a particularly delicious morsel.

"I don't think so...though I'm not much of a cook. The most I can do is fry up some meat in a pan." He said with a small chuckle. "Though, if I ever had the time to learn how to cook I would definitely take some classes or something. Cooking really in an invaluable lesson and talent in my eyes."

Rrakkt continued to happily much away on his food, pausing only to pick at another plate slowly for a moment. At times he'd look to his friend and smile, glad to see her eating more and more. She was just so skinny, she'd probably be able to slip between bars in a jail if she wanted to try. Also, years as a slave probably meant years of terrible nutrition. He wanted to see her get better and be happier, that was all he wanted for any of his people or friends. Sitting back, he set down his fork and let out a happy sigh, followed by a small burp. He was so full that he just might burst at that point!

"I enjoyed cooking when I got to," She told him before nibbling on another piece. It was regrettable that lunch could only last so long, though she was getting to the point where she knew she needed to stop.

Sitting back, content she looked over at Rrakkt. "You look very happy. The food here is something to remember it seems to me." She wasn't sure if or when they would be in this part of space again, but for such a wonderful treat she hoped it would happen again.

After a bit the small alien returned. "Enjoyeth everything I truzt? Vaz there anything elze you wich to orther?" A cheerful sort, his mannerisms suggested he would be smiling if his facecal features worked like that.

"I'm good, I just wish I could make these myself," she said to Rrakkt, unsure if he would order more for himself or not, but knowing she couldn't eat anymore.

"I can't help it, It's like mom used to make...though a little spicier than usual. When I think about it and the memories that I have, well it's hard not to smile a little bit." Rrakky admitted to her quietly as he looked over the now empty plates.

When the alien returned, Rrakkt smiled at him kindly and nodded his head a bit before pointing at the plates as he started to speak happily to the short six legged owner of the establishment.

"It was great! Though, just the check is all we need. We have to go get some supplies and if I stay here any longer I might not be able to every leave!"
He laughed a little after that before he started to shuffle through his coat for his card, planning on handing it to the alien as soon as he came back with the check.

The alien nodded and stacked up all the dirty dishes, taking them with him. Elekav glanced over at her dining companion, glad he was so happy. It seemed that he was not use to such happenings, but it was like he said there were things in this universe he didn't know. Perhaps new discoveries together was something that would continue. "Everyday should be like this."

When the alien returned with the tab, he let Rrakkt look over the bill before he took the card and swipped it on a small wrist computer. "Thank you both for coming. When you are on the zation again pleaze ztop in. Alzo, thiz iz for the lady." and he set a small data chip on the table. He then went off to another table.

Elekav took the data chip and looked at it, then at Rrakkt in confusion, wondering what it was for.

"I agree..." Rrakkt added as he waited for the alien to finish with his card.

After being returned his card, he was surprised to see Elekav get something as well. After all, she was a former slave, it was nearly impossible for her to have any money or connections on her own at the moment. He was a little cautious of the chip so he wasn't exactly about to trust it right off the bat. Even though the alien seemed nice, it was possible that another guest might have passed it on to the alien in a small request or bribe.

"Well, that's interesting...A data chip of all things. Wonder if he's looking to get your number...or maybe it is his?"
He teased lightly before becoming serious. "Hold onto it for now, We can scan it back on the ship later."

"I somehow doubt it," as she stood up and put the chip in a poket. As they headed out, she took a deep it was as crowded out there as before and she found herself nervous once more. She glanced up at Rrakkt trying to remind herself that he was there with here and there was nothing to be concerned about.

Elekav was trying not to get overwhelmed by all the sights as they walked along, but it seemed like she couldn't focus with the sea of people everywhere, and was constantly worried that she would get separated from Rrakkt if she wasn't careful. It was never racking.

Rrakkt just chuckled before he left with Elekav, smiling at her. As they slipped back into the crowd she noticed that she seemed to get nervous suddenly, as if she felt pressured somehow. Then again, slavery was nothing like a station, usually more secluded and less loud. Seeing that she seemed to be a little over taken by it all he reached out and took her hand gently before continuing on to the market. Sometimes, just a little hand holding could help someone out. Also, the crowd was bad enough where even she knew that they needed it to not be separated.

When they did arrive in teh market, it was busy as ever! Stalls and stores a like were selling items, some that not even Rrakkt had ever seen before. Slowly he moved through the market and into an area that was no so busy. It seemed that it was where ships stocked up, because instead of leaving with bags of food, the left with slips of paper. Possibly receipts that let them know that they paid for a delivery. Moving over to one of the stall, Rrakkt stepped into a line and started to wait for his own turn.

When Rrakkt took her hand, Elekav was at first surprised, but then she felt more at ease. She wasn't likely to get separated from him now. Also it was comforting. Physical contact was such a rarity for her, that she forgot how much she missed it. When they reached the market, Elekav found it to be at least somewhat more common in her memory. Yet it was not tis part of the market they were headed, but an even quieter area.

"Will we be able to get everything we need at this one shop?" she asked him, looking up, as they stood in line. Now that they were no longer in the crowd there was no worry of being separated, but Elekav had no intention of letting go of Rrakkt's hand unless he wanted to. There were still plenty of things going on around them, but none that interest the former slave very much.

"Yes, we should be able to." Rrakkt started to say. "The shop is a delivery place in a way. We give them an order and they go around the market collecting for us. Then they will deliver it to us and we'll have them put it on the ship. Only ship owners can use this place and also since We'll be traveling a while, I'll be getting enough to insure that that the two of us can eat properly while we are out in open space. After all, nothing is more bother some than running out of food."

The line moved a little forward and Rrakkt did the same, looking over the people in front of him without any issues. The line was moving slowly today it seemed though, as they were standing there for quite a bit of time. So much so that even Rrakkt seemed to get a curious look on his face.

While the line usually split into three at the front, two of the clerks were currently trying to appease a very angry alien with insect like wings. Whatever the conflict was,mthe alien was not getting the results he wanted while the two clerks were either trying to appease or argue with him, it was hard to be sure. What was sure was the flying alien was becoming more and more agitated. Other then making the line slow it was of no bother to most there, except the vocal range of the alien.

The normal range of this particular race was a bit high compared to most, but as it became upset the range increased to the point to where he was still audible to some, but not for others. Unfortunately for a few, it started to creep into the range where it became annoying, almost painfully so. Elekav winced as the alien went into a tyrad and even bit her lip. "Can't they make him stop?"

Rrakkt gave a wince of his own at the alien continued to get louder and louder in its anger. Obviously nothing was going to make the winged creature happy. Sighing a little, he looked down at his friend and shook his head a bit. Though they could, this was nothing like slavery. This was the service industry.

"Not unless they want their shop to be ruined by word of mouth. The only thing they can really do is try to make him happy so that he doesn't leave with a bad feeling about their shop. The customer is always right in the service industry, even if they are wrong."
He explained softly to her so only she would hear. " We'll just have to wait until he either flys off mad or they finally give him whatever he wants. But honestly, we're in no major rush...and everyone is only going to think him annoying later."

It was never clear to Elekav if the winged alien got what he want in the end, but his high pitched tirade ceased after another two minutes of annoyance. With the alien gone the line started to pick up pace and they were soon facing one of the clerks, a long snoutted spotted creature. He was shorter then Elekav but not by much.

"Sorry about the wait," he said to them in a friendly manner. "How can we help you today captain?" If this was a normal shop he might have referred to Rrakkt as "sir" but since everyone in line was supplying their ship it didn't hurt to flatter supply officers or small ship pilots with the title.

Elekav for her part stayed quiet as she stood by Rrakkt's side, not so much out of shyness though there was some of that too, but because she wanted to watch and learn. Later if something occurred during the order transaction she would ask Rrakkt, she had a good enough memory to be able to do so.

Rrakkt did not care about the little winged alien, He had more important things on his mind. One such thing being the list of items that he would be buying at the shop. Thankfully, the alien finally moved on and the line started to move much faster than before. Smiling at the sales person, Rrakkt seemed to go into captain mode as he started to list off serial numbers of products that only the worker would understand, most civilians would be terribly confused.

"..and that should do it. Oh, also, I need all of that delivered by tonight, I need to get back on my way as soon as I am able. Think you can handle all of that for me?"
Rrakkt said with a smile as he looked down at the shorter alien.

"Of course, we shall have it to you as soon as possible. Before the night for certain." The worker replied, having just finished writing down the order onto some type of data pad. The device started to print a piece of paper from the top just as Rrakkt pulled out his card for payment. They exchanged items until the man returned to card. "Give the slip to the delivery man as proof of purchase."

Elekav didn't understand a word of the exchange, but she at least understood what had transpired. Product numbers must have been easier to use, less likelihood of a mistake and showed that Rrakkt knew what he could reasonable expect to receive this evening. As they walked away, Rrakkt with the slip of paper he would need, Elekav looked up at him. This was all very routine for him of course, but for her this was an entirely new experience.

"What now?" ​she asked, as her hand laid in his now that they were going into the dense part of the market once more. All he had said they were doing was getting supplies and her some cloths, but it would be several hours until the supplies arrived at the ship. She had no notion what one would do in the meantime.