Rebirth For Salrtban

Looking over the menu, Rrakkt touched at least twelve different items on the menu and then clicked a small button in a corner before the menu slipped away and allowed them to looked at each other. He seemed to not speak for a bit as he shuffled through his coat pocket, pulling out a cig and lighting before taking a long drag and blowing the smoke out of his nose, though out of politeness he made sure to not direct it towards Elekav. There were plenty of people smoking in the restaurant so it obviously was allowed, though many of the people were much more rude about it as they blew smoke in the face of others, either intentional or not.

"I'd ask you what you've been up to but I unfortunately know that. So...What do you want to do now? You're free so I can take you somewhere safe if you want. You're welcome to stay with me though, not trying to chase you away or anything, but it's not my job to tell you what to do, Elekav."
He asked simply.

"Home," she said softly. In one word she expressed her deepest desire, what she dremt of and what she preyed she might someday see again. "if it were that simple I'd wish to go back home, but I hear it is no longer recognizable? That all the cities are gone? That it is nearly impossible to live simply there?" She wanted him to tell her this wasn't true, but though her questions were spoken only above a whisper she knew her wish was in vain.

"I do not know what I wish to do right now, but if is not a bother I would like to stay with you a little longer." That might not have been completely true, for in reality she wanted to stay with him, bother or not, for a very long time. She missed him, she missed everyone truthfully, but Rrakkt was perhaps closest to her heart when she was growing up. She wanted to know him as he was now though, not simply reminisce on who he was, who they both had been. She had enough living in the past.

"It's a jungle, no major cities are left and wild life has taken over completely. The only way to live simply would be to live without electricity or plumbing of any kind for a long time...and I doubt anyone wants to try and rebuild a society these days. They want things done when they get there, they don't want to build anymore." He said simply before smiling at little more at her and taking another drag of his cigarette.

"I don't mind the company...I'm more than happy to let you stick around. Though, I don't have another room...I'll clear out a place for you, I'm bound to have an unused room somewhere."

With that said, the food was brought to the by two small robots, each with a tray of plate, the table was so full that there was no empty space by the time the bots had left. Smiling, Rrakkt more than happily picked up a fork and started to pick at a dish of what looked like giant tentacles just sitting on a plate in a green sauce. Though there were a few recognizable dishes for Elekav, most she might be a little confused about.

"Go on, dig in."

"There is some reward to creating things on your own," Elekav said under her breath as she carefully picked out a few morsels to try. She took only a small amount from any plate. Prudence incase she didn't like the dish, but also to ensure Rrakkt got his fill, though she didn't even realize she was doing so.

Glancing up away from her plate she tilted her head. "Any place you find for me to sleep will be fine. I am use to pretty much anything and I'm sure whatever you give me will be an improvement over the last year." She said that to put Rrakkt at ease so he didn't feel the need to rush to make any accommodations for her. She was grateful after all and didn't want him to feel he needed to go to strange efforts when he had had no notion of what would happen on this ship.

She took her bites slowly, trying to recognize what she could and appreat everything. Most of her life she had to rush to eat, but she remembered what manners were and she showed them now. It was now a free person, and she wanted to acted like she was lost in uncivilized conditions for the last several decades.

"There is, but no one wants to work for an award these days." He commented lightly as he ate.

Finishing off one of the plates, Rrakky went to another, though he wasn't going terribly fast. He was taking his time and making sure Elekav had plenty of time to try a dish before he went to it himself. He was determined to make sure she ate her fill and they he didn't come off as a greedy eater.

"Anyway, it won't take very long to clear a place for you, though I'll need to get you a bed, I don't have anything like that we could use. For now though, we'll worry about that later and focus on just making off of this ship and away from all this...terrible stuff."

Elekav thought she wouldn't mind working for something like that, but not alone, and the way Rrakkt spoke she doubted there were many that felt like she did anymore. She still longed for home, but maybe some dreams just couldn't come true. She was luckier then most though. She was free, and she wasn't alone. That was more then she had this morning.

Though much of dinner was quiet, it was not at least for Elekav awkward. It was partly shock, she was still amazed by the turn of events, but every time she looked up from her plate and saw Rrakkt, it became more and more real for her. "I don't think I can eat any more," She was in fact slightly uncomfortable but welcomed even the discomfort. It had been so long since she had a chance to eat her fill that she overcompensated perhaps too much, but there had been so much to try.

"Would it be alright that when you meet your client in a while I was not there?"
​It occurred to her that she could just rest after dinner and she liked the idea. Besides, the slug man did not seem like the type she wanted to interact with.

Rrakkt had taken it upon himself to finish off the rest of the food once Elekav was done for herself. After all, he just couldn't bring himself to let things go to waste. Once done with the left over food, he set down his fork and wiped his face with the napkin that he had been given when he was seated. At his friends request, he smiled and nodded his head a bit.

"Of course, I'll just be flying my ship over to his anyway, make the delivery and then head on out of the area and towards the nearest station on the way to the new pickup. You can sleep in my room while I finish the job and get us on the right track."

With that said he stood and offered his hand to Elekav to help her up. Once she was standing he led the way back to the ship, making sure to rush past any slavery activity that he'd rather not see at the moment. When they arrived back to the ship he set the comm to lead Elekav towards his room once more before looking to her.

"Head to my room, I have to fly the ship over to the other dock. Feel free to sleep or shower again if you want."
He said with a smile before he headed on his way to the bridge once more.

Elekav was glad she could hide away for a while. She enjoyed Rrakkt's company obviously, but she didn't want more than that, at least not today. "Alright, and I know right now there's not much I can do, but... I suppose I have forgotten kindness, but I don't want to be useless." Restlessly she rubbed one of her wrists with the opposite hand. Her face did not betray her thoughts, but her tone and actions proved her uncertainty. "I will go rest now. Thank you."

Elekav turned to head to Rrakkt's room, though she did turn once to look at him before she kept going. Once she reached his room she looked around. A second shower was tempting, but she thought she would be happier with one after she rest. She carefully folded the pants after she took them off and pulled down the blankets. Pausing she looked at the bed for a moment before crawling in. With the blankets pulled up she gave into a sigh. It was bliss, pure simple bliss, to be in a real bed. She put an arm around the pillow and turned her head. Absently she connected the scent it had to Rrakkt.

Safe, comfortable, warm and well fed, it took little time for her to all asleep. She didn't even spread out, but took only a small portion of the bed.

While Elekav headed towards Rrakkt's room, he headed over to the bridge to get things underway. He headed up the latter as he had done before and hopping into the captains chair. Hitting a few buttons, the bridge suddenly coming to life as he sat back, taking control of the gears without much thought. The ship was silent otherwise, only squeaking slightly as it started to pull away from dock head on its way. The ship only groaned lightly, but all ships did that in space, it just happened. He headed through space around the ship only to move towards a different dock area.

Landing there lightly near one of the more expensive and lush ships. Parking the ship for a moment, he started to send out a message and it was soon answered on the other end.

"Finally...You've been keeping me waiting."

"Forgive me for having to feed a nearly starved former slave and getting he dressed. Enough light chat though Missk, Let's get this over with. I have another job to get to."

"Fine with me, Rrakkt. I have to be on my way as well. I will see you in the hanger."

With that said, they two men ended their calls head headed out of their ships, Rrakkt having his ship start to automatically unload the cargo bay into the open hanger and allow the other ship to pick it up and put it into its own cargo area.

What woke Elekav, she wasn't sure. She was use to being a light sleeper, but for a moment she was very confused. Then memory returned and she knew where she was, she was on Rrakkt's ship, in a bed. For a long time she laid there thinking of the implications of this.

She was no longer a slave, she was free. A freedom she didn't know since her childhood, since the plague. Her first owners did not realize she was just an adolesencent when she had arrived, already nearly an adults height, and had missed out on many of the normal traditions of Salrtbian culture. She was an adult, but in many ways she felt like she was much younger then her years. It was the uncertainty of everything, the feeling of hope and the feeling of being lost at the same time. At least she had Rrakkt.

Rrakkt appeared to be everything she would expect from a grown male from her culture. He was tall, strong, seemed very sure of himself, yet had a kindness to those that were in need of it it seemed. All in all a very handsome package.

The last thought startled Elekav. She hadn't thought about anyone in quite that way before, but then again when had she been around someone that she could even be inclined to think so? Grabbing the pillow she put it over her face for a moment, what was she going to do? To her own amazement she heard muffled chuckling, after all these years she now gets a dose of boy troubles! At least she wasn't a silly youngling, she could and would be rational about this. Her poor laughter subsided and she sat the pillow next to her. Self realization was a good thing after all.

Laying on the bed a bit longer, Elekav decided she would not do anything impulsive. With that very satisfying decision she got up and made the bed. It was time to go find where Rrakkt was and learn where they were going, and maybe, just maybe muster up the courage to ask some questions. On silent feet she followed the comm to Rrakkt.

Rrakkt was currently working in a spare room. After dropping off the shipment to Missk and collecting the gems he was owed, he took his ship and bolted off towards the nearest space station, Narss, to collect supplies for many things that he now needed. The major items being clothing for Elekav and other things to make a room for her. Also, he needed to stock up on more food since he was now feeding a whole other being who also needed to gain some weight after years of being poorly fed. Though he would usually work on the bridge as they traveled along, he put the ship on autopilot to free up his arms and get to work on Elekav's room.

It was a decent size and actually was an old bedroom it seemed when the ship carried more than a crew of one. Now most of the former rooms were just closed up a bit and made into extra storage, storage that he barely used at that. It was easy to clean a room out. The sad part was that the rooms were a bit apart but with the comm system it wasn't to much of an issue. At the moment he was inside pulling out some simple boxes that had been in there and opening them up as they contained all the parts of that rooms storage system and such.

When Elekav wandered by, Rrakkt was sitting on the floor in the middle of the room, mumbling under his breath as he was reading though a manual of some sort. Around him seemed to be a few tools and shelving parts. He seemed to be going over the design before he attempted to put things in place. He was a male but he was also a male that liked things done the right way, so he was reading the instructions as well.

Elekav was in a portion of the ship she had not been in before and when she finally came to the room where Rrakkt was she just looked in for a moment before making any sort of sound alerting him that he was being observed. It seemed that Rrakkt was involved in some sort of construction project. One that he was not overly familiar with by the looks of him reading through the manual.

"Did you need any help?" she asked in a quiet voice, hovering in the doorway. It seemed that Elekav's sleep had done her some good. Even though she still seemed a bit timid, not completely entering the room, she was still relaxed as she was during dinner. Her expression was still guarded, something she did out of habit now. Yet it seemed she was trying to initiate a conversation at least.

Looking away from the manual, Rrakkt noticed Elekav and smiled a bit. He was glad to see her well rested, it had been awhile since they left the ship and they were well on their way at this point thanks to the autopilot. Motioning with his hand for her to come over, he made a move to stand up.

"Sure...I'm just assembling your room back together. It's not much but it works...sadly, my shower is still the only one on the ship so whenever you take one just mention it to me. Don't want to walk in on you by mistake."

Walking over all of the tools and stuff, he stood next to her and seemed to scan the floor of all that he had. There was a lot, but it wasn't difficult to put together, just a lot of repetitive work and small pieces. The kind of job that went faster and better with an extra pair of hands. Though he wasn't sure what Elekav could do, just having someone to hand him things would be a plus in his eyes. Looking down at her, he smiled a little and motioned to all the stuff that he had pulled out so far.

"Alright, so all of this is going to be your storage on this large wall over here. It's not to complicated but there is a lot of set up. If you want to help you can, it will all go up without a problem if you do."

Elekav looked at everything on the floor, then up at the wall, finally she looked at Reakkt and nodded. "It would be faster, besides if it's my room I should help, shouldn't I?" Though her expression didn't change she walked over and knelt down by the manual. While looking at all the pieces skewed all over the floor didn't give her much of an idea of what they were doing, the manual did. She took several moments looking through it.

"Oh, this shouldn't be too difficult at all."
Elekav looked up at Rrakkt with the manual in her hand. She then stood and held it out to him. There was something comforting in understanding and while there was plenty she was sure she had no notion of how to do, this was something she could do. "What would you like me to do?"

"Well, for starters you can help me with the frame. Once that is in place, its just figuring out how you want everything to look and be set up. And thankfully the frame is easy as well. First we need to install this top track along the wall, right at the edge of the ceiling. Then we just have to hook on the down bars that will hold the weight of everything and boom, you have shelving." He said as he pointed to a pile of tracking and a box of what looked to be a strange type of nail.

Walking over to a tool box that had been set to the side, he pulled out a tool that looked more like a gun than anything else. Moving the track over to the wall, he glanced over at the top of the wall. It was in easy reach for someone of his height, though Elekav might have some trouble, even though she was also a tall female. Looking around, he pushed over a box that he had opened, it being stiff enough to support her weight without question before he started to give her instructions

"Alright, I need you to hop on this box and hold up the track for me while I attach it to the wall with the nail gun. However, we'll want to make sure it's all even so we'll just press it against the ceiling and that will make it even, and then we're done with that part. So hope over here and grab a piece a track."
He said with a smile as he gave his chin a scratch and looked over the wall.

Elekav nodded and got up on the box. The extra height made holding the track easy enough without her having to stretch too much. As she held it up, Rrakkt was able to nail in the track quite quickly and when he was done and she looked at it, it looked like it had always been there. With that finished they went to the second step of attaching the down bars. Rrakkt had to give very little instruction to Elekav who was effient at helping out. Before long she had a proper storage closet. The shelves were installed, but it wouldn't take any effort for Elekav to adjust them once whe knew how she wanted them.

"I thought it might look smaller in here once it was finished, but it doesn't." She walked the length of the room then looked at Rrakkt from the far wall. "I've never had a room of my own." It was spars and plain and didn't have anything at all in it to make it feel like a bedroom, but for Elekav it was the height of luxury because it was all hers.

"Well from now on, this is your room. So do with it as you like. Though, it's not really complete until we get the bed up as well. After that, You can make it your own. We can get it up now if you'd like, it's even easier than the storage space, all we need to so it get the mattress in place." He offered with a smile as he motioned to another box.

Moving over to the spare items, such as his tools, he started to pick them up and put them away so that they wouldn't be in the way. After all, nothing ruined someones day like a stubbed toe. With that done he looked to her, waiting for her answer to his offer. She would need the bed eventually but he would understand if she wanted a break. Even though the job had been easy, he was getting a little tired an hungry from it...Then again, he had been up since they left the ship.

"Oh, I think I'd like to," then she paused and tilted her head. It had been her intention to keep going. It was somewhat fun doing all of this. Perhaps it was the excitement of having something of her own. However she realized belatedly he looked just a bit tired. He had been doing the bulk of the work, and she was fresh from having a nice nap. "to take a break. We have plenty of time to put the bed in later, right?"

To do things at a leisurely pace was something she could get use to anyways, and she didn't want to wear out her welcome so soon by Rrakkt thinking he needed to do all of this for her. "How long will it be before we reach this station that we are going to get supplies at?" At some point before they got there she wanted to shower again. It was wonderful thinking she could actually be clean and refreshed when in public. Some of her former owners were meticulous when it came to cleanliness, but her last one had not.

"Alright, we can take a break for now." He said, a small part of him happy for it.

He was a strong man most of the time, but he had given up his bed to Elekav and made himself sleep in the captains chair on the bridge. Not exactly the most comfortable place for a man of his size. He didn't even really sleep, as he was busy keeping the ship on auto pilot and making sure that everything was running smoothly. It took a log of energy to run a ship alone. Turning towards the door, he set his tools near it before looking to her once more.

"We'll arrive at the station shortly. We are currently at warp and I have the ship set to stop warp about a galactic space our out from the station. Don't want to fly right past it after all. However, we might be on there awhile. The place is a popular stop between the galaxies and often makes it difficult to find a free dock, or to move around for that matter. Anyway, there we'll grab more supplies, fill up and also get you something that...well, that fits."
He said as he motioned to the baggy clothing he lent her.

Elekav looked down at herself then lifted her arms, the sleeves hanging slightly. "I suppose it would be nice to have something more functional." She wouldn't ask for more then that. If fact just new cloths that fit was going to be a great luxury for her, so she really didn't want more. That they were going to be going to a busy station to was somewhat exciting. There was a chance to see many things she had only heard of or seen small glimpses. Most likely there were going to be things she had no notion of. She would have to expect the unexpected.

As she followed Rrakkt out of her bedroom, she realized she had only a small idea of where she was on the ship. "Would it be alright if I looked around? If not I understand." She was hesitant in her request, but so far Rrakkt had been kindness incarnate. She doubted that a small show of curiosity would be amiss.